- Republican group likens Clinton to Trump in advertisement Updated: Feb-13-16 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is getting an assist from a Republican super PAC founded by a top strategist to former President George W. Bush.
- Haslam: No plans for big spending on legislative races Updated: Feb-12-16 4:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam has proven to be enormously popular with Tennessee voters, but fellow Republicans in the General Assembly have been a tougher crowd to win over.
- Viewers' Guide: Post-NH, a tense Clinton-Sanders rematch Updated: Feb-11-16 11:57 am
WASHINGTON - Grudge match.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Union to pay $32,000 for campaign finance reporting errors Updated: Feb-08-16 6:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say a union representing thousands of public educators will pay nearly $32,000 after an attorney general's office lawsuit over campaign finance reporting deficiencies.
- Sen. Warren raises more than $2.7M in campaign cash in 2015 Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren won't face re-election until 2018, but she's raising campaign cash at a strong clip.
- Cruz, 'super' PACs pummeled Trump on Iowa airwaves with ads Updated: Feb-08-16 3:29 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has given a list of reasons for his second-place finish in the Iowa caucuses, including a failure to invest in boosting voter-turnout and claiming that Ted Cruz "stole" the win. But with voting fast approaching in New Hampshire, data from political advertising tracker Kantar Media reveal another possible explanation: Trump got pummeled on TV.
- Rubio could see campaign fortunes rise from Iowa finish Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio's strong third-place finish in Iowa could sound like a starting gun to the Republican Party's top donors.
- Big bucks, shadowy companies: Election mystery money returns Updated: Feb-03-16 1:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Campaign money from shadowy sources is back this presidential election.
- Clash over campaign money begins in Montana governor's race Updated: Feb-02-16 1:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's copper barons bought and sold public office like any commodity a century ago. That legacy looms large in what could become the most expensive governor's race in state history.
- Presidential super PACs lost steam in second half of 2015 Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has opened his wallet in a big way for his presidential bid. Billionaires are filling the coffers of super political action committees helping Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush. And small, online contributions are powering some of the candidates.
- Among GOP rivals to Trump and Cruz, Rubio has most cash Updated: Feb-01-16 8:07 am
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Chris Christie, the four Republican candidates in a showdown for their party's traditional supporters, closed last year with roughly as much money in the bank combined as Ted Cruz, the conservative insurgent they hope to topple.
- Who is paying for the presidential race? Some answers coming Updated: Jan-27-16 3:53 am
WASHINGTON - Americans will soon get a look at the presidential picks of some of the nation's richest donors and a progress report on the money flow inside the presidential campaigns.
- Billionaire donors helped Cruz rise in GOP presidential bid Updated: Jan-24-16 10:42 am
WASHINGTON - Four of America's wealthiest businessmen laid the foundation for Ted Cruz's now-surging Republican presidential campaign and have redefined the role of political donors.
- AEA hits pause on campaign contributions Updated: Jan-22-16 9:54 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Education Association, long a major presence in Alabama campaigns, will halt direct political contributions while it pays off debts incurred in the 2014 state elections, officials said this week.
- Luxury box gifts still kosher for Virginia public officials Updated: Jan-21-16 4:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A top official of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's administration accepted an invitation from the Washington Redskins to watch a playoff game from one of the team's luxury boxes, the kind of gift top lawmakers said shouldn't be allowed under a new ethics law the General Assembly passed to great fanfare last year.
- Cruz super PAC prepares for millions of dollars in TV ads Updated: Jan-19-16 9:27 am
WASHINGTON - A well-funded outside group helping Texas Sen. Ted Cruz fight for the Republican presidential nomination has purchased $2.5 million of television advertising time - an investment that catapults it to the top tier of spenders in the 2016 race.