- Anti-Cuban embargo movement picks up steam in US Updated: May-04-15 4:04 pm
HAVANA - Big businesses and politicians from both sides of the ideological spectrum are putting their muscle into new Washington lobbying efforts to end the U.S. embargo on Cuba as the two countries press ahead to re-establish diplomatic relations.
- Court to weigh law barring false statements in campaigns Updated: May-02-15 9:57 am
BOSTON - When state Rep. Brian Mannal noticed flyers accusing him of putting the interests of sex offenders over families last year, the Barnstable Democrat saw more than just the rough and tumble of Massachusetts politics.
- Ex-GOP aide behind website critical of Republican lawmakers Updated: Apr-29-15 7:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A recently created website sharply critical of elected Nevada Republicans is coming from an unlikely source - a former Assembly Republican staff member.
- Baldwin not returning Menendez PAC money for now Updated: Apr-27-15 5:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, for now, is not returning $5,000 her 2012 campaign received from the leadership PAC of U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat who has been indicted on federal bribery charges.
- Nonprofit group's expensive attack ads driving GOP debate Updated: Apr-27-15 2:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - It's 10 seconds James Comer probably wishes he could have back.
- As contributions fall, House GOP rebels blame party leaders Updated: Apr-25-15 8:27 am
WASHINGTON - As he began his first re-election run in early 2013, tea party Rep. Thomas Massie had no trouble raising money from business interests.
- Ethics commission questions name of some Kansas PACs Updated: Apr-23-15 12:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Secretary of State Kris Kobach's political action committee might have to change its name to meet state ethics requirements and another PAC connected to former Gov. Kathleen Sebelius could face a similar problem, the executive director of the state's ethics commission said.
- 3 Chris Christie transition team members backing Jeb Bush Updated: Apr-21-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - At least three members of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's 2009 transition team are backing former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's likely bid for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in first months in Congress Updated: Apr-17-15 5:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican U.S. Rep. Mia Love raised more than $440,000 in her first three months in Congress, according to the newest batch of fundraising reports filed by Utah's congressional delegation with the Federal Election Commission.
- McKinley raises $154k in campaign cash, gov question looms Updated: Apr-16-15 3:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - While considering a bid for governor, Republican U.S. Rep. David McKinley started the year by adding almost $154,000 to his federal campaign account.
- Super PAC formed to help Wisconsin's Walker in '16 campaign Updated: Apr-16-15 10:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's expected campaign for the White House got a boost Thursday as his former campaign managers formed a political group able to raise and spend unlimited amounts of money.
- Post-election spending by PACs drops in New Mexico Updated: Apr-14-15 4:15 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Some political action committees continued to spend and raise money in New Mexico after the November election.
- Christie PAC committing $100,000 to GOP candidates, parties Updated: Apr-09-15 1:23 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The political action committee supporting Chris Christie has begun doling out money to Republican lawmakers and party organizations in key early voting states as the New Jersey governor considers a presidential run.
- Bush PAC details second round of political contributions Updated: Apr-07-15 11:34 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is releasing a list of Republicans he's giving money to from his political action committee as he moves closer to launching his all-but-declared candidacy for president.
- Ex-candidates fined $2.2M for late campaign finance reports Updated: Apr-06-15 2:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Nearly 300 ex-candidates and political action committees collectively owe the state $2.2 million in fines for not filing campaign finance reports on time.
- Lawmakers tackle medical marijuana, super PACs, spending Updated: Apr-05-15 3:40 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature is heading into its final month and lawmakers are making deals in hopes of keeping their most important bills alive.