- Feingold-founded PAC suspends activity Updated: May-21-15 2:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A political action committee founded by Democrat Russ Feingold has suspended its fundraising to avoid the appearance of a conflict with his run for the U.S. Senate.
- Richmond man joins America Leads to aid in presidential bid Updated: May-12-15 4:07 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former staffer for Gov. Bob McDonell has joined a super PAC to support Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie in his 2016 bid.
- Anti-Cuban embargo movement picks up steam in US Updated: May-04-15 4:04 pm
HAVANA - Big businesses and politicians from both sides of the ideological spectrum are putting their muscle into new Washington lobbying efforts to end the U.S. embargo on Cuba as the two countries press ahead to re-establish diplomatic relations.
- Court to weigh law barring false statements in campaigns Updated: May-02-15 9:57 am
BOSTON - When state Rep. Brian Mannal noticed flyers accusing him of putting the interests of sex offenders over families last year, the Barnstable Democrat saw more than just the rough and tumble of Massachusetts politics.
- Ex-GOP aide behind website critical of Republican lawmakers Updated: Apr-29-15 7:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A recently created website sharply critical of elected Nevada Republicans is coming from an unlikely source - a former Assembly Republican staff member.
- Baldwin not returning Menendez PAC money for now Updated: Apr-27-15 5:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, for now, is not returning $5,000 her 2012 campaign received from the leadership PAC of U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat who has been indicted on federal bribery charges.
- Nonprofit group's expensive attack ads driving GOP debate Updated: Apr-27-15 2:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - It's 10 seconds James Comer probably wishes he could have back.
- As contributions fall, House GOP rebels blame party leaders Updated: Apr-25-15 8:27 am
WASHINGTON - As he began his first re-election run in early 2013, tea party Rep. Thomas Massie had no trouble raising money from business interests.
- Ethics commission questions name of some Kansas PACs Updated: Apr-23-15 12:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Secretary of State Kris Kobach's political action committee might have to change its name to meet state ethics requirements and another PAC connected to former Gov. Kathleen Sebelius could face a similar problem, the executive director of the state's ethics commission said.