- Pro-Vitter super PAC kicks off $2M TV ad campaign Friday Updated: Aug-27-15 7:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The super PAC created to boost David Vitter's candidacy for governor is starting its hefty $2 million advertising blitz a bit unexpectedly, praising the Republican U.S. senator rather than trashing his competitors.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- Former Missouri House speaker gives $562K to GOP committee Updated: Aug-24-15 7:46 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former Republican Missouri House Speaker Steve Tilley has given more than half a million dollars to a GOP political action committee.
- Bush family donors gave half of Jeb Bush's presidential cash Updated: Aug-19-15 10:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's fundraising network is two generations in the making, and it shows.
- Pro-Bush super PAC spending $10M-plus on initial TV campaign Updated: Aug-16-15 4:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The heavily funded super PAC backing Republican Jeb Bush will spend at least $10 million on television time in the earliest voting presidential primary states, the first salvo in a massive TV ad campaign to support the former Florida governor's bid for the Republican nomination.
- Court strikes down law barring false campaign statements Updated: Aug-06-15 4:07 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts law that makes it a crime to publish false statements about political candidates is unconstitutional, the state's highest court ruled Thursday.
- Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich not running for president Updated: Aug-03-15 6:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich says he isn't running for president, and he has no plans to run for U.S. Senate, either.
- Florida power company gave $1 million to pro-Bush super PAC Updated: Aug-01-15 2:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The largest Florida corporate donor to a super political action committee backing former Gov. Jeb Bush's presidential run is NextEra Energy Inc., the company that owns electric utility giant Florida Power & Light.
- Hastert closes PAC, moves $10,000 to defense fund Updated: Aug-01-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - Federal election records indicate that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert has closed his political action committee and moved $10,000 of the money to his legal defense fund.
- Walker super PAC raised $20 million Updated: Jul-31-15 3:45 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - New federal filings show a super PAC supporting Gov. Scott Walker's bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination has raised a little more than $20 million over the first 11 weeks or so of its existence.
- Va. GOP wants audit of gov's PAC following returned gift Updated: Jul-30-15 1:02 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Republican Party of Virginia is calling for an audit of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's political action committee.
- State taxpayers pay legal costs of pro-Vitter super PAC Updated: Jul-30-15 4:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana taxpayers have reimbursed more than $69,000 in legal fees paid by a super PAC supporting Republican U.S. David Vitter for governor.