- Smoking among Hawaii teens declines Updated: May-20-15 11:14 pm
HONOLULU - A new federal health study finds that fewer Hawaii teens are smoking cigarettes.
- Eugene considers banning smoking on downtown sidewalks Updated: May-17-15 5:49 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene is mulling a sidewalk smoking ban.
- Smokers have better luck quitting when own money wagered Updated: May-13-15 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - When it comes to offering cash to get smokers to quit, more people go for the carrots than the stick - but the stick gets better results.
- Among Hispanics, Puerto Ricans seem to have worst health Updated: May-05-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - Among Hispanic groups in the United States, Puerto Ricans appear to have the worst health, according to a government report released Tuesday.
- Veto stands on bill aimed at limiting smoker surcharges Updated: May-05-15 12:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House has failed to override a bill to limit smoker surcharges imposed by health insurers.
- Grant aimed at stopping pregnant smokers in Kentucky Updated: Apr-24-15 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Department for Public Health has announced a grant to address the issue of women who smoke while pregnant.
- Hammond expands smoking ban to bars and bingo halls Updated: Apr-22-15 11:19 am
HAMMOND, Louisiana - The Hammond City Council has voted 4-1 to ban smoking in bars and bingo halls.