- Tobacco cos. make payments under state settlement Updated: Apr-15-14 3:36 pm
- Vermont officials release new radon tracking site Updated: Apr-13-14 2:07 pm
- Health panel holds firm on electronic cigarettes Updated: Apr-10-14 10:08 am
- CVS goes cold turkey; may pressure rivals, or not Updated: Apr-09-14 10:04 am
- US health secretary: Nations cannot ignore disease Updated: Apr-07-14 5:50 pm
- Massachusetts to curb smoking in public housing Updated: Apr-03-14 3:30 pm
- Bill banning smoking at colleges passes Ill. House Updated: Apr-02-14 8:34 pm
- Anti-smoking groups want money spent for health Updated: Mar-27-14 11:05 am
- Business owners testify against indoor smoke ban Updated: Mar-26-14 12:40 pm
- Study: Higher smoking rates in rural Iowa counties Updated: Mar-25-14 1:41 pm
- Northampton extends anti-smoking rules to outdoors Updated: Mar-23-14 10:49 am
- New Jersey beach smoking ban proposal advances Updated: Mar-20-14 5:11 pm
- Colorado won't hike tobacco age to 21 Updated: Mar-19-14 5:37 pm
- Public health officials want smoke-free apartments Updated: Mar-18-14 12:51 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The nation's top cigarette makers said Tuesday they have made about $6 billion in annual payments as part of a longstanding settlement in which some companies are paying states for smoking-related health care costs.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A new web resource is available that allows Vermont residents to explore connections between radon, smoking and lung cancer in their communities.
GREENFIELD, Indiana - Electronic-cigarette users say they will continue their fight against a ban of the devices in public places, even though their effort Tuesday before the Hancock County Health Board was to no avail.
It has long been gospel among retailers that tobacco pulls so much business into stores, with smokers also picking up water, gum or a bag of chips, that dumping it would be a sales killer.
BOULDER, Colorado - Health is the "great global connector" and ignoring disease in other nations will punish people everywhere as the world increasingly is connected by air travel and food transported across the globe, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Monday.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick's administration moved Thursday to stamp out smoking in public housing in Massachusetts.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation prohibiting smoking on the campuses of Illinois public universities has passed the House..
LANSING, Michigan - Anti-smoking groups want to ensure that the money Michigan gets from its settlement with tobacco companies is used to improve the health of the state's residents.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would ban smoking in indoor work places and public places in Alaska has drawn opposition from some business owners.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Some counties in Iowa have double the smoking rates of others in the state, according to a new study that shows the higher rates are usually in rural areas.
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - Northampton health officials have tightened restrictions on smoking, barring tobacco and e-cigarettes from many outdoor areas.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Smoking would be banned at all public beaches and parks in New Jersey under a bill approved by the New Jersey Assembly on Thursday.
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers voted not to raise the tobacco age from 18 to 21 Wednesday, making Colorado the third state this year to consider but reject the higher smoking age.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Public health officials in Champaign are hoping to convince landlords to ban smoking in apartments.