- Cities to vote on raising age to buy tobacco products to 21 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Officials in Kansas City, Missouri, and Kansas City, Kansas, have approved ordinances raising the minimum age for purchasing tobacco products and alternative nicotine items to 21.
- 5 years after smoking ban approved, opinions still mixed Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Five years after South Dakota voters overwhelmingly approved a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and casinos, the issue remains divisive, with proponents lauding the improved health of state residents, and detractors claiming the ban led to a business decline from which they've never recovered.
- Health officials say Oklahoma smoking rate keeps dropping Updated: Nov-03-15 2:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - State health officials say Oklahoma's adult smoking rate is continuing to decline, dropping nearly 20 percent over the past four years to a new all-time low.
- Workers harmed in Florence restaurants that allow smoking Updated: Oct-31-15 10:56 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Workers in a Florence restaurant that allow smoking are exposed to a greater amount harmful air particles than those working in non-smoking environments, a new air quality study said.
- Regents approve making WSU campus nicotine-free Updated: Oct-30-15 3:58 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Cigarettes and other products containing nicotine will soon be banned on the Pullman campus of Washington State University, after the Board of Regents approved the ban on Friday.