- ASML sees lull in orders from computer chip makers Updated: Apr-16-14 2:37 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship taking on water Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 am
- Rail companies to report fertilizer delivery plans Updated: Apr-15-14 10:16 pm
- Road-spending plan passes Kentucky legislature Updated: Apr-15-14 8:55 pm
- Congress is giving states the transportation blues Updated: Apr-15-14 7:07 pm
- Defense contractor agrees to $1.1M settlement Updated: Apr-15-14 6:43 pm
- CSX 1Q profit falls 14 pct as weather slows rails Updated: Apr-15-14 6:24 pm
- OSHA fines Port of Portland terminal operator Updated: Apr-15-14 6:19 pm
- Furniture maker calls contract claims 'baseless' Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
- US stock markets rebounds after choppy day Updated: Apr-15-14 5:40 pm
- Billions approved for Massachusetts transportation Updated: Apr-15-14 5:29 pm
- Post office delivers card from before World War II Updated: Apr-15-14 5:21 pm
- North Dakota may fine truck company more than $2M Updated: Apr-15-14 4:55 pm
- I-91 projects planned in St. Johnsbury, Vt., area Updated: Apr-15-14 4:44 pm
- Bill would restrict drones on La. private property Updated: Apr-15-14 3:29 pm
- Malloy announces Conn. transportation projects Updated: Apr-15-14 3:13 pm
- Reno unveils 4 new electric buses; $500K savings Updated: Apr-15-14 1:35 pm
- Full lunar eclipse delights Americas, 1st of year Updated: Apr-15-14 12:43 pm
- Indiana agencies approve deal for new I-69 section Updated: Apr-15-14 12:41 pm
- Red River Valley touted as drone industry center Updated: Apr-15-14 11:59 am
- Finmeccanica shares down on CEO change Updated: Apr-15-14 11:20 am
- Maine animal shelter buried under carrot avalanche Updated: Apr-15-14 7:49 am
- SD department begins roadwork on SD Highway 37 Updated: Apr-15-14 5:38 am
- Maine ferries to receive $1 million for upgrades Updated: Apr-15-14 4:44 am
- Man sentenced for 2011 assault on mail carrier Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 am
AMSTERDAM - ASML Holding NV, the largest supplier of equipment to computer chip makers such as Intel and Samsung, says it sees only incremental sales gains in the coming two quarters.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crewmembers aboard an uninspected towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A federal oversight board told Canadian Pacific Railway and BNSF Railway that they have until Friday to report their plans to ensure delivery of fertilizer shipments for spring planting of U.S. crops.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House and Senate lawmakers agreed Tuesday to a $4.1 billion road-spending plan on the Legislature's final day, avoiding an expensive special session.
DAYTON, Ohio - On the road in a tour bus this week, the U.S. transportation secretary is spreading some bad news: The government's Highway Trust Fund is nearly broke. If allowed to run dry, that could set back or shut down projects across the country, force widespread layoffs of construction workers and delay needed repairs and improvements.
BALTIMORE - Federal officials say a Virginia defense contractor has agreed to pay $1.1 million to resolve allegations that the company falsified its employees' qualifications to overbill the government.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Harsh winter weather slowed CSX railroad and contributed to a 14 percent drop in first-quarter profit, even as freight volume grew modestly.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The company that operates the Port of Portland's container terminal has been fined $18,360 following a safety inspection by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
HOLLAND, Michigan - A Michigan office furniture company says claims it improperly benefited from a state contract because its subcontractor is co-owned by Gov. Rick Snyder's cousin are "baseless."
A stock market swoon turned into a comeback Tuesday.
BOSTON - Construction could begin in the near future on several high-profile transportation projects around the state following an agreement reached by legislative negotiators on a $13 billion bond bill.
BUTTE FALLS, Oregon - The postcard's message is brief, written along its edge in fading pencil: "Arrived in Portland at 8 o'clock. Having a fine time. Be home sometime Sat. - Blanche."
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Wyoming-based trucking company working in North Dakota could face fines of $2 million or more for operating without a license and illegally dumping saltwater, a byproduct of oil production, two North Dakota state agencies said Tuesday.
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - Several major Vermont highway projects are taking place this year in the Lyndonville and St. Johnsbury areas for a cost of about $21 million.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Unmanned aircraft would be limited on Louisiana private property if lawmakers agree to a bill that won the support of a Senate judiciary committee Tuesday.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Work on widening the Interstate 84 corridor in Waterbury is one of several major transportation improvement projects across the state that's set to begin this spring.
RENO, Nevada - Transportation officials in Reno have added to their fleet four new buses that run solely on electric batteries.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Sky-gazers in North and South America were treated to a full lunar eclipse - at least those fortunate enough to have clear skies.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana officials have approved a deal with the private company that will finance and build the new section of Interstate 69 between Bloomington and Martinsville.
THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota - Dozens of representatives from agriculture, aviation and higher education are meeting in northwestern Minnesota to discuss ways to promote the region as a center for development of the aircraft industry which produces unmanned drones.
MILAN - Investors signaled concern Tuesday at a change of leadership at the scandal-plagued Finmeccanica defense contractor as part of sweeping management changes announced by Italian Premier Matteo Renzi at four strategic state-backed firms.
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - A Maine animal shelter has so many carrots it doesn't know what to do.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation will begin roadwork this week on Highway 37 about a mile north of Mitchell.
PORTLAND, Maine - Members of Maine's congressional delegation say the Maine State Ferry Service is receiving $1 million for upgrades to its boats and facilities.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 33-year-old Opelousas man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison and five years of supervised release for assaulting and robbing a U.S. Postal Service carrier.