- Oklahoma court rejects death-row inmates' claims Updated: Apr-23-14 10:28 pm
- Convicted murderer arraigned in prison escape Updated: Apr-23-14 10:28 pm
- US weighs clemency for inmates jailed for 10 years Updated: Apr-23-14 9:53 pm
- Correction officer released by Ohio jail inmates Updated: Apr-23-14 9:13 pm
- Governor signs sex offender notification bill Updated: Apr-23-14 5:22 pm
- Parole Board to review cases of over 50 inmates Updated: Apr-23-14 1:03 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-23-14 10:08 am
- Iran removes official in charge of prisons Updated: Apr-23-14 8:34 am
- Redeploy Illinois diverts teens from prisons Updated: Apr-23-14 4:04 am
- Lawmakers trying to restrict solitary confinement Updated: Apr-22-14 10:37 pm
- Govt must turn over info on CIA prisons to defense Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- Stay cancels Oklahoma death row inmate's execution Updated: Apr-22-14 6:43 pm
- Michigan murderer who escaped scheduled for court Updated: Apr-22-14 6:35 pm
- Iowa delays plan to move inmates out of old prison Updated: Apr-22-14 4:36 pm
- Oklahoma sheriffs upset about loss of prisoners Updated: Apr-22-14 4:36 pm
- 2 inmates killed in Paraguay juvenile prison riot Updated: Apr-22-14 11:58 am
- Suspect escapes from San Diego jail Updated: Apr-22-14 11:40 am
- Virginia agency preserves land at 4 state prisons Updated: Apr-22-14 9:22 am
- Sheriff: 2 inmates captured after jail escape Updated: Apr-22-14 8:16 am
- Certificate: Del. inmate's death ruled a homicide Updated: Apr-22-14 6:47 am
- 2 Wash. inmates accused in jail escape attempt Updated: Apr-21-14 11:02 pm
- Escaped California inmate turns himself in Updated: Apr-21-14 9:20 pm
- After Miss. prison fight, monitors call for change Updated: Apr-21-14 11:19 am
- 4 ex-W.Va. guards, 4 inmates charged in death plot Updated: Apr-21-14 11:07 am
- Search goes on for southern Illinois jail escapee Updated: Apr-21-14 8:41 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled late Wednesday that two death row inmates are not entitled to know the source of the drugs that will be used to kill them, putting them back on track to be executed as early as next week.
IONIA, Michigan - A convicted murderer who broke out of a Michigan prison in February was arraigned on escape, carjacking and kidnapping charges Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is encouraging many nonviolent federal prisoners to apply for early release - and expecting thousands to take up the offer. It's an effort to deal with high costs and overcrowding in prisons, and also a matter of fairness, the government says.
WARREN, Ohio - A correction officer taken hostage by three inmates at an Ohio county jail has been released unharmed, and the inmates have been taken to a maximum-security facility.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that requires the state Department of Corrections to notify local police when sex offenders move into their jurisdictions.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Parole Board is scheduled review the cases of dozens of inmates during two upcoming meetings.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 19, 2014
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official news agency says the official in charge of the country's prisons has been removed from the post. The development follows reports of alleged abuse of inmates at a Tehran penitentiary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Human Services says a program concentrating on rehabilitating delinquent youth saved the state $60 million in incarceration costs last year.
DENVER - A year after a Colorado inmate held in solitary confinement allegedly gunned down the state prisons chief upon being released, lawmakers are moving to restrict use of the punishment for the mentally ill.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - Prosecutors must turn over never-revealed details about the time a Guantanamo Bay detainee spent in secret CIA prisons after his arrest in connection with the deadly attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, according to a military judge's order released Tuesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma inmate's execution set for Tuesday was canceled following a stay order that the state Supreme Court handed down a day earlier, a spokesman for the state Department of Corrections said.
IONIA, Michigan - A convicted murderer who escaped from a Michigan prison in February faces a court hearing Wednesday on escape, carjacking and kidnapping charges.
FORT MADISON, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Corrections is delaying plans to close the 175-year-old Iowa State Penitentiary after discovering problems in the heating and cooling system in its $132 million replacement.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Sheriffs from across the state gathered at the Capitol on Tuesday to voice concern about the increasing number of state prisoners who are being removed from county jails and processed into the state prison system of public and private jails.
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Two inmates are dead after a riot broke out at a Paraguay juvenile prison, and two guards have been arrested for allegedly using lethal force.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego police are looking for a robbery suspect who escaped police custody while he was on his way to be booked.
RICHMOND, Virginia - About 3,000 acres at four state prisons in Virginia will be protected from future development.
BLAKELY, Georgia - Authorities say two inmates accused of escaping from a county jail in south Georgia been captured.
SMYRNA, Delaware - A death certificate states the death of a Delaware inmate has been ruled a homicide.
SPOKANE, Washington - Prosecutors say two Spokane County Jail inmates are accused of trying to escape by using a homemade tool to dig a hole in a wall.
YUCAIPA, California - A minimum-security inmate has returned after walking away from a Riverside County prison camp while serving a four-year burglary sentence.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Violence is out of control, drugs are being smuggled in and guards are not adequately trained at the privately run Walnut Grove Correctional Facility, a prison with a history of troubles, according to court documents.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Four former Western Regional Jail correctional officers and four inmates have been charged in a plot to kill another prisoner.
GREENVILLE, Illinois - The search continues for a drug defendant who escaped from jail in southern Illinois' Bond County.