- Guilty plea in home invasion death of comic book collector Updated: Dec-01-15 3:01 am
BUFFALO, New York - A former carnival worker has pleaded guilty to participating in a home invasion burglary that's blamed for the death of a comic book collector.
- Salt Lake Comic Con says trademark dispute may come to end Updated: Nov-29-15 3:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The organizers of Salt Lake Comic Con said they have made inroads in a name-trademark dispute that all hinges on a hyphen.
- Kitsap artist's shirt designs worn by Carrot Top Updated: Nov-28-15 2:05 am
KITSAP, Washington - On a trip to Vegas eight years ago, Eric Orn went to see Carrot Top.
- Gaiman returns to comics with 'Sandman: Overture' Updated: Nov-27-15 11:05 am
Neil Gaiman is one of the world's beloved writers and could probably work on any project he wants. And what he wanted to do is go back to his roots in the comic book world.
- Officials: Red-haired students at middle school bullied Updated: Nov-25-15 9:05 pm
MELROSE, Massachusetts - School officials in a Boston suburb say they are outraged by a bullying incident in which a group of middle school students kicked other students with red hair during a break in classes.
- Review: Pixar's trippy 'Good Dinosaur' stumbles Updated: Nov-24-15 12:28 pm
"The Good Dinosaur" is Pixar's most trippy and tripped-up film: a wayward tale, uncertain of its steps, about a Gumby-green young dinosaur lost in prehistoric forests that are rendered in lushly sensory detail and populated by bug-eyed animations.
- Former 'Donkey Kong' record holder's cartoon lawsuit tossed Updated: Nov-23-15 7:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A judge has ruled against a video gamer known for holding the world record in Donkey Kong who claimed that a cartoon character portraying him as a bearded, floating head stole his likeness.
- Stories of those who died in the Paris attacks Updated: Nov-20-15 9:17 pm
They were artists and students, music lovers, parents and newlyweds. The victims of last week's attacks in Paris had varied backgrounds and interests. Among the 130 killed in the attacks, here are some of their stories:
- Holiday albums from Kenny Rogers, Kylie Minogue and more Updated: Nov-19-15 6:30 pm
A review of holiday albums released this year.
- 'Lion King' franchise roars again with TV movie, series Updated: Nov-19-15 2:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - When Ford Riley was tasked with adding a new TV project to Disney's treasured - and lucrative - "Lion King" screen and stage franchise, he knew he had to do right by it.
- Gift Guide: Kiddie tech beyond video games, tablets Updated: Nov-19-15 10:44 am
NEW YORK - What to get a tech-savvy kid who's tired of the same old tablets and video games? New toys this year range from easy-to-use sets for building circuits to a talking dinosaur powered by IBM's Watson artificial-intelligence system.
- 3 startups that want to get millennials saving money Updated: Nov-18-15 7:24 pm
NEW YORK - Millennials, it's time to pick up the phone and start saving.
- Michael Gross, who created 'Ghostbusters' logo, dies at 70 Updated: Nov-18-15 9:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Michael C. Gross, an artist, illustrator, film producer and personal designer who created two of the most iconic pop culture images of the 20th century - the enduring "Ghostbusters" logo and a dog with a gun to its head for the cover of National Lampoon - has died of cancer at age 70.
- Spike Lee shares worst film experience, top career moments Updated: Nov-10-15 8:35 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Spike Lee gets so excited when talking about movies, he can barely sit down. Reflecting on his career as he prepares to accept an honorary Oscar, the 58-year-old suddenly stands up and bounds around as he considers various ideas, at times bellowing so exuberantly, it echoes. Lee laughs as easily as he gets serious, and says he's profoundly touched by the film academy honor he'll receive Saturday at the seventh annual Governors Awards.
- Parents use book to explain son's fight for life Updated: Nov-07-15 2:01 am
HELENA, Montana - Gather round for a true, bold tale
- Star Wars' Carrie Fisher backs out of Rhode Island Comic Con Updated: Nov-06-15 2:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Carrie Fisher won't be in a galaxy far, far away, but the Star Wars actress still had to scrap plans to attend the Rhode Island Comic Con.
- Correction: Film Review--The Peanuts Movie story Updated: Nov-05-15 4:20 pm
In a Nov. 3 film review of "The Peanuts Movie," The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Peanuts gang was featured in three previous theatrical releases, most recently in 1977. In fact, there have been four prior Peanuts films, the most recent in 1980.