- Engaged pair, teen athlete among dead in bus crash Updated: Apr-12-14 6:21 pm
- Critic's Notebook: Spring movies offer surprises Updated: Apr-11-14 1:49 pm
- Amazon to buy digital comics company Updated: Apr-10-14 4:49 pm
- FXX plans marathon telecast of 'The Simpsons' Updated: Apr-09-14 3:25 pm
- Pineda plans solo album, but not leaving Journey Updated: Apr-09-14 5:46 am
- Comic book character Archie to be killed off Updated: Apr-08-14 9:07 pm
- Politically active couple, firm, honored by UNH Updated: Apr-02-14 11:34 am
- BookCon, fan-based book event, to launch in May Updated: Mar-26-14 12:38 am
- Fukushima nuke worker life gets recorded as manga Updated: Mar-25-14 5:20 am
- 'Calvin and Hobbes' cartoonist speaks to OH museum Updated: Mar-21-14 6:35 am
- Superman artwork of JFK makes it to his library Updated: Mar-20-14 3:13 pm
- Director of 'Frozen' to speak at UNH commencement Updated: Mar-19-14 1:34 pm
- Charlie Brown, Snoopy back in 3-D 'Peanuts' movie Updated: Mar-18-14 9:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Five high school students and three chaperones have been confirmed dead or are unaccounted for after a charter bus heading to Humboldt State University was struck by a FedEx tractor-trailer in Northern California. The bus and big rig drivers were killed, but their identities have not been released.
NEW YORK - Sandwiched between the chest-thumping ambition of awards season and the swaggering spectacle of summer, spring movie-going is usually an afterthought, a limbo for films not bankable enough for July or highbrow enough for the Oscars. But it might actually be the best time of year for the movies. In springtime - particularly this year - the movies come alive.
SEATTLE - Online retailer Amazon said Thursday its buying digital comics company comiXology for an undisclosed sum.
NEW YORK - The FXX network plans a marathon telecast this summer of episodes of "The Simpsons" - all 552 of them consecutively.
MANILA, Philippines - Arnel Pineda says he's been putting together an album of his own compositions in his own voice to release this year, but he quashed rumors that he's gearing up to leave the American rock band Journey.
LOS ANGELES - Not even Archie Andrews is immortal in the world of comics.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire couple active in state politics and a Portsmouth-based high-tech firm are being honored by the University of New Hampshire during this year's commencement.
NEW YORK - For at least one day, publishing's annual national convention is going pop.
TOKYO - First off, no one who works at Japan's wrecked nuclear power plant calls it Fukushima Dai-ichi, comic-book artist Kazuto Tatsuta says in his book about his time on the job. It's ichi efu, or 1F.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Famously reclusive "Calvin and Hobbes" cartoonist Bill Watterson is speaking out on the occasion of an exhibit of his work opening at the cartoon library and museum at Ohio State University.
BOSTON - Superman has finally soared into the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A University of New Hampshire alumna who directed the animated film "Frozen" is delivering the school's commencement address in May.
LOS ANGELES - Good ol' Charlie Brown and Snoopy are going 3-D.