- State of the news media in 2015: Facebook and mobile rule Updated: Apr-29-15 12:38 am
NEW YORK - A new report on the state of the media has some simple terms for how we learn about the world: mobile and social media.
- Apple's Mac is selling strong, iPad not so much Updated: Apr-28-15 12:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's iPhone was again the company's star in the first three months of the year. The tech giant sold 61 million iPhones, or 40 percent more than in the same period a year ago. That represented about two-thirds of its $58 billion in revenue.
- School districts wrestle with timing of tech purchases Updated: Apr-23-15 9:52 am
GREENWOOD, Indiana - Six years after giving every third- through fifth-grader their own device to use for writing papers, research and online textbooks, one local school district is looking at spending another $120,000 to replace them.
- Forest Heights student receives 3-D printed hand Updated: Apr-19-15 8:02 pm
HARRISON, Arkansas - Cameron Little gave his mom a few playful jabs with his left hand.
- Couple made off with 33 stolen iPads from Ga. Walmart Updated: Apr-17-15 4:05 am
COVINGTON, Georgia - A man and woman are accused of stealing 33 iPads valued at more than $15,000 from a Walmart in Covington.
- SEC questions LA Unified on use of bonds for iPad project Updated: Apr-16-15 7:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Securities and Exchange Commission recently questioned Los Angeles Unified School District officials as part of informal inquiry into whether they properly used bond funds for a beleaguered $1.3 billion project to provide an iPad for every student.
- Records show hard drive of auditor employee was damaged Updated: Apr-15-15 2:38 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The hard drive of a state worker's laptop computer was damaged when he turned it over as part of a federal investigation involving Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley, but officials say there is no evidence of an intentional effort to destroy data.
- Brookings High School to provide students with laptops Updated: Apr-12-15 10:07 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Students at Brookings High School are set to receive laptops this fall thanks to a technology plan aiming to improve instruction and academic achievement.
- PC sales declined - again - in first quarter Updated: Apr-09-15 5:29 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Weak demand for desktop computers caused PC sales to plunge again in the first quarter of this year, reflecting the industry's ongoing struggles with the shift to smartphones, tablets and other mobile gadgets.
- Apple Watch isn't the only gadget out this week Updated: Apr-09-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - The public will have its first chance to see, touch and buy the Apple Watch on Friday, as Apple stores in the U.S. and eight markets abroad start previews and online orders commence.
- Review: New MacBook brings iPad's minimalism to laptop Updated: Apr-09-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - From the moment I took it out of the box, Apple's new MacBook looked and felt like an iPad.