- The Latest: Lawmakers press EPA on its response to VW case Updated: Oct-08-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on the congressional hearing on Volkswagen's emissions-rigging (all times local):
- Google is latest tech giant to claim space in mobile news Updated: Oct-07-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - Technology giants including Apple, Facebook, Snapchat and now Google want to take charge of how we get and see news on our phones.
- At Asian film fest, new etiquette shows rise of mobile app Updated: Oct-05-15 8:23 am
BUSAN, South Korea - Kakao Talk, a popular mobile messaging app in South Korea, must have annoyed its share of moviegoers.
- Spanish police probe garages offering emission cheating Updated: Oct-03-15 10:36 am
MADRID - Spanish police have cracked down on a string of garages that allegedly provided customers with mechanical and software services that enabled their cars to cheat emission checks in a scam similar to that which has engulfed Volkswagen, a statement said Saturday.
- VW, Audi offer online check if vehicle has trick software Updated: Oct-02-15 12:02 pm
BERLIN - Volkswagen and its Audi subsidiary said Friday that customers in Germany can now go to their websites to see if their vehicles are among those installed with software that the company says was used to manipulate U.S. emissions testing.
- Honda recalling 143,000 Civics, Fits to fix faulty software Updated: Oct-01-15 6:53 pm
TORRANCE, California - Honda is recalling 143,000 Civic and Fit vehicles in the U.S. to fix a software problem that could cause the front wheels to lock up.
- Questions, answers about effort to hack Clinton's emails Updated: Oct-01-15 7:43 am
WASHINGTON - Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times in August 2011 to trick Hillary Rodham Clinton into infecting her computer systems while she was secretary of state, according to newly released emails from the State Department.
- Maryland county promotes disaster preparedness through app Updated: Oct-01-15 3:01 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - Carroll County officials have introduced a mobile app that sends emergency alerts to residents.
- Sonos software upgrade allows speakers to tune to your room Updated: Sep-29-15 2:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - Want to put a speaker in a bookshelf or under a chair without compromising sound quality? Wireless speaker company Sonos is releasing a software update that will intelligently calibrate sounds to account for the shape of the room and the obstacles in it.
- Mobile ticket app TodayTix broadens its American reach Updated: Sep-29-15 11:02 am
NEW YORK - TodayTix, the mobile app for theater tickets, has already gotten applause in New York and London. Now it plans to open in some key U.S. cities, as part of what its founders say is a "pretty aggressive roadmap over the next couple of years."
- Atlanta-based company expands into Albuquerque with 125 jobs Updated: Sep-28-15 7:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Atlanta-based information technology services company plans to create 125 jobs in Albuquerque over the next few years.
- LA Unified to get $6.4M in settlement over iPad software Updated: Sep-26-15 12:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Unified has reached a tentative $6.4 million settlement over curriculum purchased from education software firm Pearson that the school district said its teachers barely used.
- BlackBerry to release smartphone to run on Android OS Updated: Sep-25-15 4:55 pm
TORONTO - BlackBerry has revealed plans to release the BlackBerry Priv as its first smartphone to run on the Android operating system.
- Omaha software developer awarded $43.8 million in lawsuit Updated: Sep-25-15 3:34 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Douglas County jury has awarded Omaha software developer Baldwin Hackett & Meeks Inc. $43.8 million in a lawsuit that accused a rival software firm of violating antitrust laws and breaching a nondisclosure agreement.
- State parks visitors help track wildlife with mobile app Updated: Sep-25-15 5:11 am
LOVELAND, Colorado - Visitors, volunteers and staff are helping Colorado Parks and Wildlife track wildlife in state parks with a mobile application.
- State launches new emergency preparedness mobile app Updated: Sep-25-15 4:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - MS Ready is the Mississippi State Department of Health's emergency preparedness mobile app.
- Microsoft Office update emphasizes collaboration Updated: Sep-22-15 2:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft has released a major update for Office, one of its most successful software products, with new features that reflect the company's effort to adapt to shifts in how people use computers and software.
- Apple withdraws some China apps after malware found Updated: Sep-21-15 11:11 pm
BEIJING - Apple Inc. has removed some applications from its App Store after developers in China were tricked into using software tools that added malicious code in an unusual security breach.
- For 7 years, VW software thwarted pollution regulations Updated: Sep-21-15 7:53 pm
DETROIT - Volkswagen became the world's top-selling carmaker trumpeting the environmental friendliness, fuel efficiency and high performance of diesel-powered vehicles that met America's tough Clean Air laws.
- Review: Apple Watch improves with new software Updated: Sep-21-15 1:34 pm
NEW YORK - Apple Watch's new software brings useful enhancements, though it's not the same as getting a new watch.
- Jonesboro schools testing panic button alert system Updated: Sep-20-15 12:08 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - It was a typical dog day in Northeast Arkansas; a peaceful day at the administration building of the Jonesboro Public Schools District.
- Lafayette trying new smartphone app to track offenders Updated: Sep-17-15 7:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new smartphone-based app will make cumbersome ankle bracelets a relic for some Lafayette Parish offenders sentenced to a GPS tracking program.
- Chicago transit system close to releasing mobile fare app Updated: Sep-17-15 5:20 am
CHICAGO - Chicago transit officials say they're making progress in developing a mobile fare app expected to launch later this year.
- Smarter Siri, better battery life in Apple software update Updated: Sep-16-15 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - Apple's iPhones and iPads are getting free software updates Wednesday, including battery improvements and a smarter virtual assistant.
- Apple delays Watch software update due to 'bug' Updated: Sep-16-15 2:50 pm
NEW YORK - Apple is delaying a big software update for the Apple Watch because it found a bug that is taking longer than expected to fix.