- SD DOT releases traveler app for iPhones Updated: Dec-11-13 9:37 am
- DHHS staff defends troubled NC Medicaid software Updated: Dec-10-13 5:35 pm
- Gift Guide: Navigating maze of phone, plan choices Updated: Dec-10-13 2:47 pm
- Court case could mean 'death' of software patents Updated: Dec-06-13 2:55 pm
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Dec-03-13 2:20 pm
- Tumblr brings hipster twist to year-end lists Updated: Dec-03-13 12:49 pm
- Gift Guide: Plenty of laptops, even on budgets Updated: Dec-02-13 5:14 pm
- Tenn. wildlife agency has new mobile app Updated: Dec-02-13 4:19 am
- Defense Department tackles mobile authentication Updated: Dec-01-13 10:13 am
- How to not miss a second of the Super Bowl Updated: Nov-29-13 11:30 pm
- Consumer behavior aggressively tracked this season Updated: Nov-29-13 10:23 pm
- Ex-Nokia engineers launch new smartphone Updated: Nov-27-13 1:29 pm
- Colo county: Hacker takes $146K from bank accounts Updated: Nov-22-13 4:48 pm
- Carriers reject kill switch for stolen smartphones Updated: Nov-19-13 11:22 pm
- NJ settles Bitcoin case vs. online gaming co. Updated: Nov-19-13 8:31 pm
- $4.5 million grant to establish research center Updated: Nov-19-13 11:49 am
- Thibodaux police add new features to mobile app Updated: Nov-18-13 8:10 am
- Retailers take on Silicon Valley Updated: Nov-15-13 12:53 pm
- India, Pakistan agree: emotional Google ad a hit Updated: Nov-15-13 9:37 am
- Suit challenging Google's digital library tossed Updated: Nov-14-13 6:22 pm
- WADA: New steroid profiling, athletes' mobile app Updated: Nov-12-13 3:36 pm
- New software tied to Calif. agency's work backlog Updated: Nov-12-13 8:47 am
- Samsung makes quiet push for new mobile OS Updated: Nov-12-13 7:08 am
- Mobile app alerts residents of emergencies Updated: Nov-10-13 9:43 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Transportation Department has released a traveler information app for smartphones using the iPhone operating system. An app for Android phones was released earlier this year.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The technology chief at the state Department of Health and Services told legislators Tuesday the agency's new computer system for processing Medicaid claims is working well, despite a critical audit and complaints from medical professionals.
NEW YORK - So you're ready to buy a new smartphone for your loved one. Which do you choose?
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court decided Friday to hear an appeal of a lower court decision that a federal judge called the "death" of software patents.
App Store Official Charts for the week ending Dec. 2, 2013:
SAN FRANCISCO - Tumblr is where the Internet's cool kids hang out. That's why Yahoo paid $1.1 billion to buy the blogging site in one of this year's most buzzed-about deals.
NEW YORK - There's no shortage of laptop computers to pick from this holiday season, even for shoppers on tight budgets. A Chromebook optimized to run Google's Internet services can be bought for as little as $200, while a few hundred dollars more gets you a laptop that's not so dependent on having a continuous online connection.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has a new mobile app that allows users to take along the latest agency info whenever they go.
WASHINGTON - The Defense Department says it's committed to a future in which service members and civilians can use the latest and greatest mobile technology to get their work done, regardless of the device manufacturer. But it's still struggling mightily with one of the biggest challenges for mobility in the government: identity management.
LOS ANGELES - Whether you're on a beer run, a bathroom break or just can't find a good seat at a packed party, there will be ways to keep tabs on the upcoming Super Bowl.
WASHINGTON - It's a big question for marketers: What kind of a buyer are you? And, as important, what are you willing to pay?
HELSINKI - Engineers who used to work for Nokia are hoping to grab a share of the lucrative and highly competitive smartphone market with a new handset, which is based on the former world No. 1 cellphone maker's old software and is faintly reminiscent of its recent models.
DENVER - Someone stole more than $146,000 from a rural Colorado county's bank accounts through a computer virus, officials said Friday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Samsung Electronics, the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer, has proposed installing a built-in anti-theft measure known as a "kill switch" that would render stolen or lost phones inoperable, but the nation's biggest carriers have rejected the idea, according to San Francisco's top prosecutor.
NEWARK, New Jersey - An online video game company accused of infecting thousands of computers with malicious software and using that access to illegally mine for the electronic currency Bitcoin has agreed to pay a $1 million settlement, the New Jersey attorney general's office said Tuesday.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A $4.5 million federal grant will help University of Michigan researchers study how technology may help young adults with disabilities improve their health and become more independent, officials announced Tuesday.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Thibodaux police plan to catch criminals using technology.
SAN FRANCISCO - Software engineers wearing jeans and flip flops test the latest smartphone apps. Walls and windows double as whiteboards where ideas are jotted down. And a mini basketball net is in the center of it all.
MUMBAI, India - An emotional advertisement for Google's search engine has become a hit in India and Pakistan by surprisingly invoking a searing and traumatic period in the shared history of the South Asian archrivals. Officially debuting on television Friday, the commercial already has been viewed more than 1.6 million times on YouTube.
NEW YORK - A federal judge handed Google Inc. a victory in a long-running legal battle on Thursday, tossing out a lawsuit claiming the Internet giant was violating copyright laws by scanning books without the writers' permission to create the world's largest digital library.
JOHANNESBURG - A new urine test designed to catch athletes who take steroids will be introduced by the World Anti-Doping Agency next year and used at the World Cup in Brazil.
SACRAMENTO, California - Workers at the California agency investigating discrimination claims say the speed and quality of their work has slowed because of flaws in a new state computer system that was designed to boost efficiency.
SEOUL, South Korea - Most mobile phone users have never heard of Tizen. Neither have car owners or anyone with a fridge.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A unique smartphone app was launched geared at keeping Cabell and Wayne county residents aware of local emergencies, from small traffic problems or school closings to nation-threatening crises.