- BAE report says Ukraine has faced cyberattacks Updated: Mar-09-14 2:36 pm
- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- Wake up and smell the bacon ... with a bacon app Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Corbett shifts on Medicaid proposal's work search Updated: Mar-06-14 4:20 pm
- Review: Apple's iWork brings simplicity to docs Updated: Mar-05-14 2:25 pm
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- Push for Web addresses in era of search, apps Updated: Feb-28-14 4:19 am
- Review: Lots of innovations beyond iOS and Android Updated: Feb-27-14 4:01 pm
- Helena High students win $20K in app contest Updated: Feb-27-14 11:17 am
- Smartphone cameras step closer to high-end power Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 am
- Incentives are coming for payments by phones Updated: Feb-26-14 10:49 am
- Wisconsin touts mobile app for tax refund status Updated: Feb-25-14 5:04 am
- Woman uses iPhone app to track stolen items Updated: Feb-21-14 6:11 am
- Does WhatsApp deal show Facebook knows what's up? Updated: Feb-20-14 5:27 pm
- WhatsApp deal highlights suite of similar apps Updated: Feb-20-14 5:19 am
- Criminal records to be accessed on smartphones Updated: Feb-19-14 8:16 pm
- Review: Mobile app shows where to find friends Updated: Feb-18-14 2:44 pm
- Cellphones may accelerate NJ online gambling Updated: Feb-17-14 4:28 pm
- Computer whizzes brainstorm for cash at hackathons Updated: Feb-17-14 12:28 pm
- Indiana students lauded for errand efficiency app Updated: Feb-11-14 10:07 am
- New Microsoft CEO's collegial style sparks hope Updated: Feb-09-14 12:42 pm
LONDON - Ukraine was repeatedly attacked by sophisticated cyberspies as tensions between pro-Russian and Western-leaning factions escalated in recent months, according to a report from U.K.-based defense contractor BAE Systems.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett appeared ready Thursday to drop one of the most controversial conditions of his proposal to accept billions of federal Medicaid expansion dollars and extend taxpayer-subsidized insurance to hundreds of thousands of working poor in Pennsylvania.
BARCELONA, Spain - Microsoft's Office is the go-to software package for creating and sharing documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Google's Docs has emerged as a good, free alternative for lightweight tasks. But what's often overlooked is Apple's iWork.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
BARCELONA, Spain - In the early days, you typed in a domain name address to reach a website. Then came the ability to reach websites directly through a search engine. The mobile era brought us phone apps for accessing services without either.
BARCELONA, Spain - When it comes to smartphones, consumers have an array of choices from Apple to... well, Android.
HELENA, Montana - Six Helena High School students who developed a concept for a mobile 3D scanner have won national honors in the Verizon Innovative App Challenge.
SEOUL, South Korea - Expect sharper, clearer selfies this year.
BARCELONA, Spain - Many people use their smartphones to watch video, play games and wake them up in the morning. Some even use them to generate digital boarding passes to fly. So why not use phones to buy stuff at retail stores as well?
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is touting its mobile app that allows taxpayers to track the status of their tax refund.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A woman helped police track down items stolen out of her car by using an app on her iPhone to track her stolen iPad.
SAN FRANCISCO - If Facebook hopes to remain the social networking leader, CEO Mark Zuckerberg knows the company must follow the people. That realization compelled Zuckerberg to pay $19 billion for WhatsApp, a mobile messaging application that is redefining the concept of texting while its audience of 450 million users expands at an even faster clip than Facebook itself.
SEOUL, South Korea - Facebook's announcement it is paying $19 billion in cash and stock to acquire WhatsApp is a milestone in the short history of mobile messaging apps. Hundreds of millions of people have downloaded such apps to their smartphones and tablets to chat and share photos and videos for free, making them potent rivals to Facebook. WhatsApp alone has 450 million active monthly users.
SACRAMENTO, California - Attorney General Kamala Harris says her office has designed a mobile application that will allow law enforcement officers to download criminal records and other information to their smartphones.
SAN FRANCISCO - SocialRadar is a new mobile application that could become a cool way to find nearby friends and discover other interesting people living or working in the same neighborhood. Or it could just end up being another creepy example of how digital devices are making it easier for our whereabouts to be tracked by just about anyone, including strangers.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling analysts and casino executives say the increased use of cellphones to place bets could accelerate the growth of the nascent industry in the state.
SAN JOSE, California - It used to be that "hacking" was just a type of crime, a computer break-in. But today, the term is also part of a growing - and perfectly legal - mainstay of the tech sector.
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - It's no secret that kids today are always plugged into their phones, so it should make sense that a group of millennials would be the masterminds behind designing new applications, or apps.
LOS ANGELES - It was a fleeting moment once the camera had gone off, but some say it's indicative of the leadership style Satya Nadella brings to his new job as CEO of Microsoft Corp.