- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security Updated: Mar-07-14 7:13 pm
- Iowa health officials report data breach Updated: Mar-07-14 4:43 pm
- Johns Hopkins data spilled in 'extortion' attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 3:16 pm
- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:14 pm
- University system enlists help on computer breach Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Child support payments stolen after Target breach Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 pm
- North Dakota University System server breached Updated: Mar-05-14 6:01 pm
- Target tech chief resigns as it overhauls security Updated: Mar-05-14 9:19 am
- 1,700 Detroit employees' personal data breached Updated: Mar-03-14 2:13 pm
- Sands: Some customer data stolen by hackers Updated: Feb-28-14 7:10 pm
- China's president heads cybersecurity body Updated: Feb-27-14 11:49 pm
- California data breaches hit 21.3 million accounts Updated: Feb-27-14 5:41 pm
- UNI investigates employee tax return problems Updated: Feb-27-14 2:43 pm
- Target faces bigger challenges than TJX Updated: Feb-26-14 4:45 pm
- Va. governor establishes cyber security commission Updated: Feb-26-14 9:56 am
- Minn. lawmakers object to data-breach bill Updated: Feb-25-14 9:41 pm
- Tenn. health care computers rated 'high risk' Updated: Feb-25-14 6:08 pm
- University offers 5 years of credit monitoring Updated: Feb-25-14 5:45 pm
- 5 Minn. banks sue Target over data breach Updated: Feb-25-14 5:44 pm
- Holder urges congressional action on data breaches Updated: Feb-24-14 5:13 pm
- Poll: Target data breach hasn't stopped shoppers Updated: Feb-20-14 12:14 pm
- Government drops plan to collect license tag data Updated: Feb-19-14 8:58 pm
- University of Maryland reports data breach Updated: Feb-19-14 7:43 pm
- Bank, Wis. man file class-action suit vs. Target Updated: Feb-15-14 3:49 pm
- Hackers may have used Pa. company to hit Target Updated: Feb-07-14 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Visa and MasterCard want banks and retailers to work together on securing customer data and stop blaming each other after a massive data breach during the holiday season.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa health officials say a breach of personal information relating to some child and dependent adult abuse cases in Polk County took place over five years.
BALTIMORE - The names, email addresses and telephone numbers of 848 current and former Johns Hopkins University biomedical engineering students were posted online after a hacker's failed extortion attempt aimed at gaining broader access to the school's computer network, the university said Friday.
NEW YORK - Hackers are putting top technology executives under severe pressure. And this week's sudden departure of Target's chief information officer in the wake of the company's massive pre-Christmas data breach has only ratcheted up the stress.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota University System officials said Thursday they have talked to the FBI and an independent cybersecurity group about helping with an investigation into a breach on the system's computer server.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Only a few people had Wisconsin child support payments stolen after Target's data breach last year, according to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota University System computer server that stores personal information on students, staff and faculty has been hacked, but nothing appears to have been compromised, Interim Chancellor Larry Skogen said Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Target Corp. says Chief Information Officer Beth Jacob is resigning effective Wednesday as the retailer overhauls its information security and compliance division in the wake of a massive data breach.
DETROIT - Detroit says a recent computer security breach affected files that contained personal identifying information of about 1,700 city employees.
LAS VEGAS - Computer hackers stole the personal information of tens of thousands of Las Vegas Sands customers during a data breach earlier this month, the casino company said Friday.
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has put himself in charge of a new body to coordinate cybersecurity, in a sign of Beijing's concern over its vulnerability to online attacks and its desire to retain tight control over the Internet.
SACRAMENTO, California - California businesses and government agencies have experienced 300 separate data breaches exposing the personal information of more than 20 million customer accounts during the past two years, leading state Attorney General Kamala Harris on Thursday to elevate cybersecurity as a key focus of the state's top crime-fighting agency.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - More than 50 employees at the University of Northern Iowa have reported irregularities with their tax returns and the university has sought the assistance of police, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service to investigate, a spokesman said Thursday.
NEW YORK - History doesn't always repeat itself.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is creating a new commission tasked with promoting cyber security economic development opportunities.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Objections to a bill that would expand the victim-notification process after a retail or wholesale business data breach were strident and frequent during a hearing Tuesday afternoon of the Minnesota House commerce committee.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee was among the more than two-thirds of states rated as "high risk" for security problems related to its computers tapping into the federal health insurance exchange system.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - The University of Maryland has lengthened the time of free credit monitoring it will offer to the hundreds of thousands of people who personal information was compromised during a data breach.
MINNEAPOLIS - A group of southern Minnesota banks has sued suing Target Corp., alleging damages from the retailer's data breach late last year.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric Holder is urging Congress to require businesses to quickly alert consumers and law enforcement agencies in the wake of significant data breaches like the ones at discount retailer Target and at Neiman Marcus.
MINNEAPOLIS - A new poll shows most Minnesotans surveyed about shopping at Target after a huge data breach continue to spend their money at the retail chain.
WASHINGTON - The Homeland Security Department abruptly reversed course Wednesday and dropped plans to ask a private company to give the government access to a nationwide database of license plate tracking information.
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - The president of the University of Maryland says there has been a breach of a database that contains personal information about more than 300,000 faculty, staff, students, and others.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wausau bank and a Fitchburg man have filed a class-action lawsuit against Target Corp. over last year's massive security breach.
NEW YORK - The hackers who stole millions of customers' credit and debit card numbers from Target may have used a Pittsburgh-area heating and refrigeration business as the back door to get in.