- Summer camps with a mission: To create cybersecurity experts Updated: May-02-15 12:11 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - At Vermont's Norwich University, 20 high school students will build computers they'll be able to take home. At Dakota State University in South Dakota, about 200 students will learn about programming. In Southern California, 250 middle school Girl Scouts will be given tiny computers, the chance to fly drones and earn special patches.
- Beaufort tech school reports data breach Updated: May-01-15 10:21 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The Technical College of the Lowcountry in Beaufort says a data breach has been reported involving the publication of names and Social Security numbers of about 90 former students.
- Feeling safe? Try attending Internet security conference Updated: Apr-22-15 5:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A conference of Internet security experts is not for the faint of heart.
- Ball State students learn secrets behind cyber forensics Updated: Apr-22-15 10:07 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - If any computers or smartphones were to be confiscated during the investigation of recent identity thefts at Ball State University, BSU instructor Vinayak Tanksale's students would know what to do before examining the evidence.
- Anthem cancels public events at Ball State on data breach Updated: Apr-21-15 1:23 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Representatives from health insurer Anthem have canceled plans to speak publicly this week at Ball State University, where some employees have had their identities stolen.
- Target settles data breach lawsuit with MasterCard for $19M Updated: Apr-15-15 7:22 pm
NEW YORK - Target and MasterCard say they've agreed to settle lawsuits over the discounter's pre-Christmas 2013 massive data breach.
- Anthem subsidiaries face Missouri lawsuit over data breach Updated: Apr-14-15 3:29 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri lawsuit seeking class-action status accuses three insurance agencies of failing to safeguard sensitive consumer data from hackers who recently breached health insurer Anthem Inc.'s computer networks.
- Patients' medical records under threat from data breaches Updated: Apr-14-15 11:18 am
CHICAGO - Your private medical information is under threat. That's according to a study that found almost 30 million health records nationwide were involved in criminal theft, malicious hacking or other data breaches over four years. The incidents seem to be increasing.
- Hackers keep trying new targets in search of easy data Updated: Apr-14-15 8:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The health care sector has become the hot target for hackers in recent months, according to researchers at Symantec, a leading cybersecurity company that says it's also seeing big increases in "spear-phishing," ''ransomware" and efforts to exploit newly discovered vulnerabilities in software used by a wide range of industries.
- Anthem subsidiaries face lawsuit in Kansas over data breach Updated: Apr-13-15 8:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A former candidate for Kansas governor said Monday that he and other attorneys who are suing two subsidiaries of Anthem Inc. can show that individuals were harmed after hackers breached the health insurer's computer networks.
- Congressional delegation backs cyber unit at Michigan base Updated: Apr-12-15 6:26 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - All 16 members of Michigan's congressional delegation are asking the Department of Defense to locate a Cyber Operations Squadron at the Air National Guard base in Battle Creek.
- AT&T paying $25M to settle US action over data breaches Updated: Apr-08-15 2:40 pm
WASHINGTON - AT&T is paying $25 million in a settlement with federal regulators over data breaches at call centers in Mexico, Colombia and the Philippines that compromised customer data for some 280,000 U.S. customer accounts.
- Congressman to introduce federal laws to protect consumers Updated: Apr-07-15 4:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The need for federal laws that would protect consumers from the effects of identity theft and data breaches is more pressing than ever, as Americans are becoming increasingly reliant on technology - and increasingly vulnerable to cybercrime - state officials said Tuesday.
- UC Riverside data breach affects personal info of 8,000 Updated: Apr-07-15 4:34 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Officials from the University of California, Riverside have told some 8,000 people that their personal information has been compromised after the theft of a computer.