- Missoula school student data breach included alumni records Updated: Feb-11-16 1:19 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County Public Schools says a data breach that affected more than 1,100 students also included private information on alumni and deceased students.
- Data breach affects 91,000 Washington Medicaid clients Updated: Feb-09-16 5:19 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say a data breach has affected 91,000 Washington Medicaid clients.
- Senators grill personnel office nominee over data hack Updated: Feb-04-16 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Office of Personnel Management on Thursday promised to strengthen the agency's cybersecurity and information technology systems after what's believed to be the largest data breach in U.S. history.
- UCF hit by data breach involving Social Security numbers Updated: Feb-04-16 11:35 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The University of Central Florida says a hacker has gained access to 63,000 Social Security numbers belonging to former and current students and workers.
- US to rework arms control rule on exporting hacker tools Updated: Feb-02-16 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is rewriting a proposal under arms control rules from 20 years ago to make it simpler to export tools related to hacking and surveillance software since they are also used to secure computer networks.
- Data breach suspect intends to plead guilty, records say Updated: Feb-01-16 9:18 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Court records say a man facing federal theft charges related to a data breach at the University of Northern Iowa intends to plead guilty.
- Obama enlists Pentagon to overhaul security clearance system Updated: Jan-22-16 7:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration asked the Pentagon on Friday to help overhaul the federal security clearance system, aiming to turn the page on a devastating data breach that exposed a major vulnerability for U.S. national security.
- In Tech: Minecraft for schools, Amazon Dash, data encryption Updated: Jan-20-16 8:22 pm
Microsoft is buying the educational version of Minecraft and has plans to create a bigger and better version of the popular world-building video game that's designed for classrooms.