- Indianapolis car sharing service launches amid questions Updated: Sep-05-15 11:52 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An electric car sharing program that's launched in Indianapolis faces lingering questions about its city subsidies and complaints about the charging stations tying up parking spaces.
- Loophole in state electric car tax law Updated: Aug-30-15 2:46 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A new state law requiring owners of electric cars to pay a fee has an unintended loophole that one lawmaker says should be fixed.
- Indianapolis airport getting 20 electric cars from BlueIndy Updated: Aug-29-15 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis International Airport will get 20 electric cars for use by airport travelers starting this fall after the city's new electric car-sharing program debuts.
- New electric car charging station opens in Richmond Updated: Aug-27-15 7:22 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond's Main Street Station parking lot is now home to an electric car charging station.
- State cuts rebates for rich on hybrid, electric cars Updated: Aug-24-15 7:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - State lawmakers and air quality officials are cutting back rebates on hybrids and electric cars because hundreds of Californians claim it is a subsidy for the rich who make over $500,000 a year.
- Indianapolis electric car share to make debut next month Updated: Aug-21-15 3:46 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials with Indianapolis' BlueIndy electric car share program say the stalled service is launching early next month.
- Audi to unveil rival to Tesla X at Frankfurt Auto Show Updated: Aug-19-15 9:31 am
BERLIN - German carmaker Audi says it's planning to unveil an electric sport SUV concept with a range of over 310 miles (500 kilometers) - well beyond the range of rival carmaker Tesla's Model S and soon-to-launch Model X.
- Fuel economy for Ford C-Max Energi most apparent in city Updated: Aug-12-15 11:40 am
Ford's first dedicated hybrid for North American consumers, the C-Max gasoline-electric hybrid hatchback, is turning out to be an acquired taste. Sales are declining for the second straight year, lower gas prices have led the C-Max and other hybrids to lose their luster and Consumer Reports predicts the plug-in C-Max Energi's reliability to be worse than average.