- Kindles incorporate into college program Updated: Mar-09-14 12:44 pm
- Colorado looks to restrict cellphones in cars Updated: Mar-06-14 4:46 pm
- Judge rules for Samsung in dispute with Apple Updated: Mar-06-14 3:22 pm
- Potholes? Parking? Mexico, LA mayors compare apps Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Review: Apple's iWork brings simplicity to docs Updated: Mar-05-14 2:25 pm
- Dish, Disney deal envisions Internet-delivered TV Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 pm
- RI bill: Smartphones as proof of car insurance Updated: Mar-04-14 4:10 am
- Ellen's Oscar celeb selfie a landmark media moment Updated: Mar-03-14 6:23 pm
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- SC bill allows digital proof of vehicle insurance Updated: Mar-03-14 3:47 pm
- Vt. DMV launches new version of online tutorial Updated: Mar-03-14 4:06 am
- Promise and peril in an ultra-connected world Updated: Mar-02-14 2:40 am
- Portland buses try pedestrian-alert technologies Updated: Mar-01-14 4:59 pm
- Apple CEO Tim Cook teases, reassures shareholders Updated: Feb-28-14 5:01 pm
- Gadget Watch: Fastlane in Nokia X shows promise Updated: Feb-28-14 9:25 am
- California court: Drivers can read cellphone maps Updated: Feb-27-14 8:07 pm
- Review: Lots of innovations beyond iOS and Android Updated: Feb-27-14 4:01 pm
- Thieves break into Alabama school, steal iPads Updated: Feb-27-14 8:16 am
- Smartphone cameras step closer to high-end power Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 am
- Incentives are coming for payments by phones Updated: Feb-26-14 10:49 am
- Gadget Watch: Noise reduction in new Sony phone Updated: Feb-26-14 10:22 am
- Fingerprint security convenient, but not flawless Updated: Feb-26-14 8:50 am
- TiVo founders try to reprogram Internet video Updated: Feb-25-14 2:58 pm
- Phone makers look to emerging markets for growth Updated: Feb-25-14 11:36 am
- Twitch live game broadcasting coming to Xbox One Updated: Feb-25-14 5:44 am
ABBEVILLE, Louisiana - South Louisiana Community College's campus in Abbeville has received a $7,000 grant from the Louisiana Community and Technical College System to buy Kindle electronic reader tablets to help students bridge the technology gap between smartphone and a laptop or desktop computer.
DENVER - A Colorado lawmaker who has received complaints from constituents about drivers distracted by their cellphones is proposing banning their use in cars unless people use a hands-free device.
SAN JOSE, California - A federal judge in California on Thursday denied Apple's request to permanently ban Samsung from selling 23 older-model smartphones and tablets that a jury found infringed on patents held by the maker of iPhones and iPads.
MEXICO CITY - What do the mayors of gigantic cities do when they get together? According to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, "Compare apps."
BARCELONA, Spain - Microsoft's Office is the go-to software package for creating and sharing documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Google's Docs has emerged as a good, free alternative for lightweight tasks. But what's often overlooked is Apple's iWork.
LOS ANGELES - With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Motorists would no longer have to rifle through their glove compartment for proof of auto insurance under legislation pending before Rhode Island lawmakers.
NEW YORK - Ellen DeGeneres' celeb-studded selfie from the most-watched Oscars telecast in a decade was a landmark social media moment at a time online conversation is boosting television viewership and vice versa.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill on Gov. Nikki Haley's desk would allow South Carolina drivers to use their smartphone in a traffic stop to prove they have vehicle insurance.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials say they're launching a new version of an online tutorial to help new drivers prepare for their learner's permit exam.
BARCELONA, Spain - We're in the beginning of a world in which everything is connected to the Internet and with one another, while powerful yet relatively cheap computers analyze all that data for ways to improve lives.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Hoping to wake up the growing number of pedestrians distracted by smartphones and other electronic devices on the street, TriMet will give "talking buses" another try on five bus lines starting Monday.
CUPERTINO, California - Apple CEO Tim Cook is still trying to convince shareholders that the iPhone maker remains a step ahead in the race to innovate, even though recent performance of the company's stock lags behind other technology trendsetters.
BARCELONA, Spain - By design, Nokia's new Android smartphones will underwhelm users of high-end phones. The Nokia X line was created with emerging markets in mind, so the company emphasized keeping prices low, meaning the user interface is relatively simple.
FRESNO, California - Drivers in California can legally read a map on their hand-held cellphones while behind the wheel, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
BARCELONA, Spain - When it comes to smartphones, consumers have an array of choices from Apple to... well, Android.
SELMA, Alabama - Law officers in Dallas County are searching for suspects after thousands of dollars worth of iPads were damaged or stolen from a school.
SEOUL, South Korea - Expect sharper, clearer selfies this year.
BARCELONA, Spain - Many people use their smartphones to watch video, play games and wake them up in the morning. Some even use them to generate digital boarding passes to fly. So why not use phones to buy stuff at retail stores as well?
BARCELONA, Spain - I typically have headphones on when I'm home in New York, whether it's during a jog or a commute. I often crank the volume up, at the risk of hearing loss, so that I could hear my favorite podcasts over loud subways and honking cars.
BARCELONA, Spain - Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S5 smartphone will be at least the third to have a fingerprint sensor for security but it's alone in letting you use that for general shopping, thanks to a partnership with PayPal.
SAN FRANCISCO - The founders of DVR pioneer TiVo are shifting their focus from broadcast TV to broadband Internet as they introduce a new device designed to make it easier for people to find and manage video.
BARCELONA, Spain - Here's the rub for companies: A good part of the key markets they serve already own smartphones and use them to connect various Internet services. How do you grow from there?
LOS ANGELES - Xbox One will soon be Twitchier than the PlayStation 4.