- For virtual reality makers, a new version of an old struggle Updated: May-05-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - When it comes to virtual reality, how exclusive is exclusive?
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- House approves legislation spreading fees to cellphones Updated: May-04-16 9:00 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House approved legislation Wednesday that spreads the cost of phone services to cellphone customers, lowering fees on landline bills.
- Apple loses Chinese lawsuit over iPhone name Updated: May-04-16 12:41 pm
BEIJING - Apple Inc. has lost a legal fight with a Chinese company that a Beijing court says is allowed to use the iPhone name on wallets and handbags.
- UW makers lab prints, cuts, etches new designs, objects Updated: May-04-16 11:47 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming art department now has its own ability to etch and print objects, and they're willing to share.
- Digital spring cleaning: 4 'cyber hygiene' tips to stay safe Updated: May-04-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - Spring cleaning isn't just about tossing old furniture and torn clothing: It's a great time to clear out your digital clutter and make sure you're protected against hackers.
- In Tech: Dish techs fix iPhones, Best Buy gets Oculus VR Updated: May-03-16 2:44 pm
When Dish technicians aren't busy installing satellite TV services in people's homes, they'll be making house calls to replace iPhone batteries and broken screens.
- 3 New Jersey towns offer app for beach badge purchase Updated: May-03-16 8:53 am
SEA ISLE CITY, New Jersey - Three New Jersey towns are letting people purchase beach badges with their smartphones.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Lawmaker shelves bill to give police access to locked phones Updated: May-02-16 7:06 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to allow criminal investigators with a court order to unlock homicide victims' cellphones has gotten stuck in a House committee, after lawmakers split on the idea.
- Seeking a high-tech solution to make firearms safer Updated: May-02-16 3:36 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jonathan Mossberg is among a small number of pioneers looking to build a safer gun. But unlike many others, he was in the gun business when he started down that path.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Oculus Rift delays flatten virtual-reality fan fervor Updated: Apr-29-16 5:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - Virtual reality, oddly enough, isn't immune to the problems that arise in practical reality. Just ask would-be fans of the Oculus Rift headset, many - possibly most - of whom are still waiting for their $600 gadgets more than four weeks after they started shipping .
- Review: Kindle Oasis aims at avid readers, pricey for others Updated: Apr-28-16 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - The Kindle Oasis is Amazon's sleekest, lightest e-book reader yet - and at $290, unnecessary unless you're a die-hard reader.
- Sony sees less red ink, postpones outlook because of quake Updated: Apr-28-16 6:54 am
TOKYO - Sony Corp. reported an 88.4 billion yen ($818 million) loss in January-March, a smaller flow of red ink than a year earlier, but it postponed Thursday giving its annual outlook until May, citing damage from major earthquakes in southwestern Japan earlier this month.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- FBI says it won't disclose how it accessed locked iPhone Updated: Apr-27-16 11:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI said Wednesday that it will not publicly disclose the method that allowed it to access a locked iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino attackers, saying it lacks enough "technical information" about the software vulnerability that was exploited.
- Nintendo sinks into bigger quarterly loss on weak sales Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
TOKYO - Japanese video-game maker Nintendo Co. reported a 24 billion yen ($216 million) loss for January-March Wednesday, bigger than the loss it reported the previous year.
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st revenue drop since 2003 Updated: Apr-26-16 7:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple sold more than 51 million iPhones in the first three months of this year - and that's the problem.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016:
- Nokia to buy France's Withings in $190 million deal Updated: Apr-26-16 7:27 am
HELSINKI - In a move to speed its entry into digital health products, Nokia says it plans to acquire the French consumer electronics company Withings S.A., in a 170 million-euro ($191 million) deal.
- 3-D printers design engine of replica plane at Topeka museum Updated: Apr-25-16 4:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A University of Kansas professor has used 3-D printers to design an engine for a Topeka museum's replica of a World War I fighter plane.
- Pope to youth: Happiness can't be downloaded like an app Updated: Apr-24-16 7:44 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has told teenagers happiness can't be downloaded like a cellphone app.
- Feds say they've accessed phone at center of Apple data case Updated: Apr-23-16 3:52 am
NEW YORK - The U.S. Justice Department said it has withdrawn a request to force Apple to reveal data from a cellphone linked to a New York drug case after someone provided federal investigators with the phone's passcode.
- The Latest: Feds don't need Apple's help in iPhone data case Updated: Apr-22-16 10:33 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on to the legal battle between Apple and the Justice Department, which asked a judge to force the tech giant to reveal data from an iPhone linked to a New York City drug case (all times local):