- Correction: Gun violence research story Updated: Oct-12-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - In a story Oct. 12 about gun violence research, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Newtown, Connecticut, was the deadliest mass slaying at a school in U.S. history. With 26 victims, it was the second-deadliest shooting at a school; 32 were killed at Virginia Tech in 2007. The worst attack at an elementary school was a 1927 bombing that killed 38 children in Bath Township, Michigan.
- Report: Iran test fires long-range ballistic missile Updated: Oct-11-15 5:41 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran successfully test fired a new guided long-range ballistic surface-to-surface missile, state TV reported on Sunday. It was the first such a test since Iran and world powers reach a historical nuclear deal.
- Gordon thinks new tire changer can give inside information Updated: Oct-06-15 5:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jeff Gordon believes his new front tire changer can improve his pit crew and give Hendrick Motorsports some inside information on the competition.
- Champaign police revive 11-year-old stun gun request Updated: Sep-17-15 5:11 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Police in a central Illinois college town are renewing an 11-year-old request to arm officers with stun guns.
- NKorea warns it has restarted all nuclear bomb fuel plants Updated: Sep-15-15 3:40 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - With a big anniversary drawing near, North Korea declared Tuesday it has upgraded and restarted all of its atomic fuel plants - meaning it could possibly make more, and more sophisticated, nuclear weapons.