- James Bond meets Samuel Colt: Seeking to build a safer gun Updated: May-01-16 8:14 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jonathan Mossberg is among a small number of pioneers looking to build a safer gun. But unlike many others, he was in the gun business when he started down that path.
- Obama announces new steps to curb gun violence Updated: Apr-29-16 6:03 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama announced new steps Friday to help curb gun violence, including by identifying the requirements that "smart guns" would have to meet for law enforcement agencies to buy and use them as well as sharing mental health records with the federal background check system.
- US researchers see more signs NKorea is producing plutonium Updated: Apr-15-16 4:30 pm
WASHINGTON - As North Korea intensifies testing of its ballistic missile technology, a U.S. website said Friday it also sees further signs from satellite imagery that North Korea is looking to produce more plutonium for nuclear weapons.
- New report calls for ban on 'killer robots' amid UN meeting Updated: Apr-11-16 4:33 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Technology allowing a pre-programmed robot to shoot to kill, or a tank to fire at a target with no human involvement, is only years away, experts say. A new report called Monday for a ban on such "killer robots."
- Want to develop countermeasures to biological weapons? Updated: Apr-10-16 5:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The next Omaha Science Cafe topic will be biological weapons and the development of countermeasures.
- How stealthy is Navy's new destroyer? It needs reflectors Updated: Apr-10-16 10:15 am
BATH, Maine - The future USS Zumwalt is so stealthy that it'll go to sea with reflective material that can be hoisted to make it more visible to other ships.