- Major construction at NKorea rocket site, US institute says Updated: May-28-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Satellite imagery shows significant new construction at North Korea's main rocket launch site in a sign of leader Kim Jong Un's determination to pursue a space program despite international censure, a U.S. research institute said Thursday.
- National Intelligence chief Clapper to speak at conference Updated: May-20-15 3:05 am
TAMPA, Florida - Some 10,000 people and more than 300 companies are packing a conference showcasing everything from helicopters to high-tech weapons to proprietary DNA software.
- Lawmakers considering overhaul of smart gun law Updated: May-13-15 2:48 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A never enforced state law requiring pistols sold in New Jersey to have technology allowing only the gun's owners to fire them could be overhauled
- What's for sale as Japan eases military exports rule Updated: May-13-15 2:10 am
TOKYO - As Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe oversees an increase to the country's military capability, he has also eased a decades-old ban on military exports, enabling defense contractors to expand their markets beyond Japan's Self-Defense Forces. Here are some export or technology transfer deals Japan is pursuing:
- Obama administration urges approval of US-China nuclear pact Updated: May-12-15 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday urged senators to support a new 30-year agreement with China on civilian nuclear cooperation but faced a barrage of concern from both parties that Chinese companies are exporting sensitive technology to Iran and North Korea.
- North Korea says it tests ballistic missile from submarine Updated: May-09-15 8:07 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea said Saturday that it successfully test-fired a newly developed ballistic missile from a submarine in what would be the latest display of the country's advancing military capabilities. Hours after the announcement, South Korean officials said the North fired three anti-ship cruise missiles into the sea off its east coast.