- Mississippi AG office tries to clarify new gun law Updated: Dec-05-13 5:28 pm
- E. Tenn. town repeals ban on guns in parks Updated: Dec-04-13 10:25 am
- House votes to renew all-plastic gun ban Updated: Dec-03-13 5:50 pm
- Governor says secession vote strengthened state Updated: Dec-03-13 3:23 pm
- Gun rights groups monitor new NC law Updated: Dec-01-13 2:29 pm
- Judge: Sheriffs can't sue Colorado over gun laws Updated: Nov-27-13 9:52 pm
- Colorado lawmaker resigns to avoid recall Updated: Nov-27-13 1:53 pm
- Minn. panel suggests more Capitol gun notification Updated: Nov-26-13 9:19 pm
- Correction: Gun Rights-States story Updated: Nov-26-13 7:22 pm
- Feared Colorado boycott over gun laws is a bust Updated: Nov-25-13 10:20 am
- Lawmakers seek to ban imitation firearms Updated: Nov-23-13 4:47 pm
- Wash. court says gun limits OK before conviction Updated: Nov-21-13 2:38 pm
- Court won't take library's appeal over gun policy Updated: Nov-21-13 10:26 am
- 1st meeting set to discuss firearm policy Updated: Nov-20-13 4:04 pm
- Minn. lawmaker vocal in gun debate won't run again Updated: Nov-20-13 11:01 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-20-13 10:39 am
- NRA sues San Francisco over gun capacity law Updated: Nov-20-13 9:07 am
- Group: Mass. not sharing gun check info with feds Updated: Nov-20-13 3:38 am
- Complaint against Colo. gun lobbyist unsolved Updated: Nov-19-13 9:46 pm
- Poll: Hickenlooper keeps lead over GOP opponents Updated: Nov-19-13 5:20 pm
- Ellis County to seek gun law exemption Updated: Nov-19-13 5:10 pm
- Gun control debate far from over in Colorado Updated: Nov-19-13 12:55 pm
- Kansas counties opt for concealed carry Updated: Nov-19-13 9:37 am
- Burlington delays proposal on police gun seizure Updated: Nov-19-13 7:28 am
- As ban on printed 3-D guns ends, extension sought Updated: Nov-17-13 7:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Certain gun owners can carry concealed weapons even in areas where a local government has posted signs banning them, the attorney general's office said Thursday in an opinion aimed at clarifying Mississippi's gun laws.
BRISTOL, Tennessee - Officials in an East Tennessee town have repealed a ban on guns in parks.
WASHINGTON - With the advent of 3-D printers capable of producing plastic weapons, the House voted Tuesday to renew a 25-year-old prohibition against firearms that can evade metal detectors and X-ray machines.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Votes in 11 rural counties on whether to secede from Colorado sparked debates that ultimately will strengthen the state, Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper told local government officials Tuesday.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - When North Carolina lawmakers approved a bill expanding where concealed weapons are legally allowed, it created a dilemma for communities that had banned firearms from playgrounds.
DENVER - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Colorado sheriffs suing the state over new firearm restrictions don't have standing to proceed with the case as a group, but the legal battle is far from over.
DENVER - A third Democratic Colorado state senator facing possible recall after voting for gun-control measures said Wednesday she will resign to avoid a recall election.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A state security panel backed the idea of more regular permit checks for gun owners who want to carry weapons in the State Capitol, but fell short of votes Tuesday on a proposal to ban guns altogether in certain state government buildings or areas.
HELENA, Montana - In a story Nov. 26 about federal gun rules, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms considered a gun made in Montana to be illegal under state law. It was considered illegal under federal law.
DENVER - A boycott by hunters opposed to Colorado's new laws meant to curtail gun violence has failed to materialize.
SANTA ROSA, California - California lawmakers want to ban the manufacture and sale of imitation firearms like the one a 13-year-old boy was carrying when he was fatally shot by a Sonoma County sheriff's deputy last month.
SEATTLE - Washington's high court upheld a state law Thursday that prohibits some suspects in serious criminal cases from possessing a firearm before they have been found guilty of a crime.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court won't upset a lower court ruling that prohibits a Lansing-area library from banning guns.
SPOKANE, Washington - Gonzaga University says it will hold its first meeting to discuss the school's ban on firearms on December 3rd.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota legislator who has taken a visible role in public safety and gun issues says he won't run for a 10th term in the 2014 election.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
SAN FRANCISCO - The National Rifle Association is suing the city of San Francisco, claiming the city violated the Second Amendment with a new ordinance banning possession of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
BOSTON - An advocacy group that targets illegal guns is faulting Massachusetts for failing to share mental health records on dangerous individuals with a federal database.
DENVER - Colorado legislative leaders say there's not enough evidence to settle a complaint against a gun lobbyist accused of threatening a lawmaker to influence her vote.
DENVER - Democratic Gov. Hickenlooper leads all GOP challengers by a handful of points and has broken away from his closest opponent, but 49 percent of Colorado voters don't think he deserves re-election, according to a poll released Tuesday.
HAYS, Kansas - The Ellis County Commission has approved a resolution for the county to seek a four-year exemption to the state's new concealed carry law.
DENVER - Gun control supporters staged a rally to ask the Democratic state Legislature not to revisit last session's gun-control package, but Republicans are a single seat away from controlling the Senate and are already working on bills to repeal or change the laws.
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Some county governments will follow a new Kansas law allowing concealed carry of guns in public buildings because they don't want to spend the money on security measures that the law requires to keep a ban in place.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington City Council has postponed a decision on a gun-control resolution that would allow police to seize guns in cases of suspected domestic abuse.
ALBANY, New York - As the technology to print 3-D firearms advances, a federal law that banned the undetectable guns is about to expire.