- Arizona bill could penalize cities for gun laws Updated: Mar-12-14 6:14 am
- Idaho lawmakers to keep special gun privileges Updated: Mar-11-14 3:26 pm
- NRA seeks to block gun magazine ban Updated: Mar-10-14 5:12 pm
- City's employee concealed-gun law stirs concerns Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 pm
- 2 cities struggle to enforce ban on gun magazines Updated: Mar-08-14 4:01 pm
- Pa. universities might scrap uniform gun policy Updated: Mar-08-14 3:20 pm
- NY pastor to raffle rifle during Sunday service Updated: Mar-07-14 1:25 pm
- Lawmakers OK gun surrender for restraining order Updated: Mar-06-14 8:31 pm
- State Senate OKs gun limits on some mentally ill Updated: Mar-05-14 10:11 pm
- Ala. Senate panel OKs bill on pistols in vehicles Updated: Mar-05-14 8:39 pm
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- Justices order new look at Utah gun conviction Updated: Mar-05-14 10:42 am
- Vt. voters pass 3 new gun control measures Updated: Mar-05-14 7:53 am
- Md. House bill would link gun, criminal registries Updated: Mar-04-14 6:47 pm
- UA President Gamble voices concerns over gun bill Updated: Mar-03-14 8:40 pm
- Ala. lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases Updated: Mar-03-14 6:01 pm
- Gun groups press, fracture pro-gun SD lawmakers Updated: Mar-01-14 1:34 pm
- Idaho House panel backs guns on campus Updated: Feb-28-14 8:08 pm
- California challenges concealed weapons ruling Updated: Feb-27-14 9:37 pm
- Oregon Senate passes pair of gun bills Updated: Feb-27-14 4:30 pm
- W.Va. Legislature votes on guns in schools Updated: Feb-26-14 6:08 pm
- Panel backs allowing guns in school parking lots Updated: Feb-26-14 5:05 pm
- Gun lawmaker had at airport not registered to him Updated: Feb-26-14 12:53 pm
- W.Va. Senate passes bill nixing local gun laws Updated: Feb-25-14 6:52 pm
- Rally planned to oppose Ga. gun bill Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives will debate a bill that would impose fines on cities and towns that enforce gun ordinances stricter than the state's own laws.
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho Senate committee has killed legislation that would have removed a special privilege for state elected officials to carry concealed weapons without a permit.
WASHINGTON - The National Rifle Association is asking Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy to block enforcement of a California city ordinance that bans gun magazines capable of holding more than 10 bullets.
PENDLETON, Oregon - The City Council of Milton-Freewater voted to allow city workers who don't have police powers to carry guns to work. But a small group of citizens have told city manager Linda Hall that they oppose the measure.
SUNNYVALE, California - Enforcement issues surround two Northern California cities' bans on high-capacity magazines.
PITTSBURGH - The agency that oversees Pennsylvania's state-owned universities might scrap a plan to institute a uniform weapons policy at all 14 campuses, its leader said.
TROY, New York - The pastor of an upstate New York Baptist church plans to raffle off a rifle during a Sunday service later this month, saying giving away the weapon is "the right thing to do."
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Legislature has passed a measure that would allow a person under a restraining order for domestic violence to be ordered to surrender all firearms.
PIERRE, South Dakota - People with mental illnesses who are deemed a threat to themselves or others would be added to a national registry and kept from obtaining guns under legislation the South Dakota Senate passed Wednesday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - People would be able to carry loaded pistols in their vehicles without a concealed carry permit, under a proposal pending in the Alabama Legislature.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court says defendants have to know in advance that their accomplices would use or carry a gun while committing a crime in order to be convicted under federal gun laws.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington's mayor says he welcomes the voter support for three gun control measures at Town Meeting Day.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The House of Delegates is considering a bill that would link Maryland's gun registry to its criminal database.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The president of the University of Alaska system raised concerns Monday with a bill that would allow people to carry concealed firearms on university system campuses.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama lawmaker is looking to create a sales tax holiday for consumers buying guns and ammunition.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The presence of the National Rifle Association in the South Dakota Capitol has caused a stir among representatives in the House.
BOISE, Idaho - A bill to allow students, staff and visitors to carry guns on Idaho's college campuses passed out of a legislative committee Friday afternoon, despite objections from students, multiple police chiefs and leaders of all eight of the state's public colleges.
SACRAMENTO, California - California's attorney general on Thursday appealed a federal court decision that overturned San Diego County's concealed weapons restrictions.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon prison guards are one step closer to winning authority to keep guns in their cars during the workday.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two bills allowing officials to carry weapons in schools have passed separate branches of the West Virginia Legislature.
INDIANAPOLIS - An altered proposal to allow guns in Indiana school parking lots drew criticism on Tuesday from opponents worried easy access to weapons could lead to future school shootings.
SACRAMENTO, California - A police report says the handgun that California assemblyman and gubernatorial candidate Tim Donnelly attempted to take through airport security two years ago was not registered to him.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would shoot down municipal gun control laws in cities such as Charleston.
ATLANTA - Two organizations are pushing state lawmakers to oppose a bill that would expand the rights of gun owners in the state.