- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Houston Zoo reinstalls signs prohibiting guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:52 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Zoo has reinstalled signs that prohibit carrying firearms into the zoo, three months after they were removed due to threat of legal action.
- Judge hears testimony in case of St. Louis Zoo gun ban Updated: Nov-25-15 2:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has heard testimony as he considers lifting the St. Louis Zoo policy that prohibits patrons from entering the zoo with guns.
- Suit challenging University of Michigan gun policy dismissed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit challenging the University of Michigan's campus anti-gun policy has been dismissed.
- Business booming for gun stores run out of residential homes Updated: Nov-22-15 11:05 am
BRICK, New Jersey - Not long after December 2012, Joe Veni's neighbors in Brick started noticing how many people were visiting his house.
- High school rifle raffle stirs concerns Updated: Nov-21-15 6:07 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - A man who held a community drawing for a rifle to benefit the Mancos High School football team last month is facing criticism from people who say he might be violating raffle and gun registration laws, and others who question whether it's appropriate to hold a gun giveaway given the incidents of violence in schools across the country.
- Appeals court hears arguments in DC gun law case Updated: Nov-20-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge who halted enforcement of a strict District of Columbia gun law didn't have authority to rule on the case, a city lawyer argued to a federal appeals court Friday.
- EU security measures up for debate in wake of Paris attacks Updated: Nov-19-15 1:18 pm
BRUSSELS - France and Belgium will urge their European partners on Friday to tighten gun laws, toughen border security and choke off funds to extremist groups, a week after at least 129 people were killed in attacks in Paris. But at an emergency meeting in Brussels, European Union interior and justice ministers will not agree on any new measures that could be immediately introduced to restore calm among countries rattled by the coordinated strikes in the French capital.
- Boston Mayor bans use of replica handguns in public spaces Updated: Nov-09-15 2:22 pm
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has signed an ordinance banning the use of replica handguns in public spaces throughout the city.
- Boston Mayor to ban replica handguns in public spaces Updated: Nov-08-15 11:54 am
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is planning to sign an ordinance banning replica handguns in public spaces throughout the city.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Feinstein vs. Cruz Updated: Nov-04-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - It was another round of Cruz vs. Feinstein.
- Gun-rights initiative passes by wide margin in Coos County Updated: Nov-04-15 11:30 am
COQUILLE, Oregon - Voters in Coos County overwhelmingly approved a ballot measure that seeks to prohibit enforcement of new gun laws.
- Clinton wants to make gun control a 'voting issue' Updated: Nov-03-15 10:19 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton vowed Tuesday to make stricter gun control into a campaign that can compete with the powerful National Rifle Association's drive to preserve gun rights, and to put the issue on the minds of voters when they cast ballots on Election Day.
- The Latest: GOP's Richard Black holds on to senate seat Updated: Nov-03-15 9:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on Election Day in Virginia as Democrats try to gain control of the Senate and Republicans battle to retain their slim edge while retaining their majority in the House of Delegates. (All times local)
- Texans still prohibited from carrying most knives Updated: Nov-01-15 4:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas residents will soon be allowed to openly carry most guns, but state law still bars the carrying of many types of knives and other weapons.
- Court: University of Florida can ban guns in dorm rooms Updated: Oct-30-15 7:02 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - An appeals court ruled Friday that state universities are allowed to ban students from having guns in their dorm rooms.
- Justices to review reach of US gun ban for domestic violence Updated: Oct-30-15 2:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has agreed to hear appeals from two Maine men who say their guilty pleas for hitting their partners should not disqualify them from owning guns.