- Tulsa professors work to make edible algae for space travel Updated: Oct-03-15 12:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Professors and students at the University of Tulsa are developing a system to help astronauts grow their own food during future space missions.
- Ducey honors former Arizona student for Mars research Updated: Sep-30-15 9:55 am
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey is honoring a former University of Arizona student who helped discover evidence of flowing water on Mars.
- Life on Mars? NASA says planet appears to have flowing water Updated: Sep-28-15 9:02 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Mars appears to have flowing rivulets of water, at least in the summer, scientists reported Monday in a finding that boosts the odds of life on the red planet.
- Supermoon plus eclipse equals rare sky show Sunday night Updated: Sep-26-15 3:49 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Get ready for a rare double feature, starring our very own moon.
- Hilo company works with NASA on sustainable landing pad Updated: Sep-26-15 1:49 pm
HILO, Hawaii - An aerospace agency based on Hawaii's Big Island is teaming up with NASA on a project that would bring sustainability into space.
- NASA Glenn Center launches hall of fame to honor key figures Updated: Sep-24-15 3:20 am
CLEVELAND - NASA Glenn Research Center near Cleveland is creating a hall of fame to honor key figures in its history, including a director who also served as the agency's national chief of space flight.
- University of Arkansas space researchers get 3 NASA grants Updated: Sep-23-15 1:10 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Researchers at the University of Arkansas Center for Space and Planetary Sciences have received more than $1 million from NASA to study Venus, Mars and one of Saturn's moons.
- Austin students making parts for astronaut training center Updated: Sep-20-15 10:01 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Austin High School student Ryan Anthony cringed when the blueprints from NASA arrived. So did teacher Bill Gibson and classmate Brady Dial.
- Shades of Blue aims to recruit a new generation of aviators Updated: Sep-19-15 9:44 am
AURORA, Colorado - Longtime United Airlines pilot Willie Daniels sees a looming crisis barreling down on the nation's airline industry.
- North Dakota drone test site inks 5-year contract with NASA Updated: Sep-18-15 5:58 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - North Dakota's unmanned aircraft test site has signed a research contract with NASA.
- Report: Orbital faces risks in resuming space station runs Updated: Sep-17-15 3:18 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - One of NASA's two commercial suppliers, Virginia-based Orbital, faces an uphill struggle in resuming deliveries to the International Space Station, according to a government report issued Thursday.
- NASA relates real projects to upcoming film 'The Martian' Updated: Sep-16-15 7:36 pm
HOUSTON - In one scene of Ridley Scott's upcoming movie, "The Martian," a group of serious-looking NASA administrators meet in a video conference with a group of harried-looking engineers.
- NASA pushes 1st flight of Orion spacecraft with crew to 2023 Updated: Sep-16-15 3:51 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA's newest spacecraft, the Orion, won't be flying astronauts as soon as anticipated.
- NASA astronaut hits halfway point of yearlong spaceflight Updated: Sep-15-15 5:02 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Space station astronaut Scott Kelly is halfway home.
- Bezos' space company to build, launch rockets in Florida Updated: Sep-15-15 3:26 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is shipping his space business to Florida.
- Astronaut Virts delivers Orioles jersey that was in space Updated: Sep-14-15 7:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Astronaut Terry Virts stopped by Camden Yards to return an Orioles jersey he took to the International Space Station.
- 3 space station astronauts safely return to Earth Updated: Sep-12-15 9:11 am
MOSCOW - A Russian space capsule landed safely in Kazakhstan on Saturday, bringing home a three-person crew from the International Space Station, including a record-breaking Russian cosmonaut.
- 'The Martian' blasts off at Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-11-15 6:34 pm
TORONTO - "The Martian" has landed.
- Astronauts have read 'The Martian,' now can't wait for movie Updated: Sep-08-15 12:15 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - The book "The Martian" is earning high praise from space, and the astronaut-reviewer can't wait to see the soon-to-be-released movie.
- Boeing names its new Apollo-style spacecraft the Starliner Updated: Sep-04-15 8:28 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Boeing already has the Dreamliner. Now it also has the Starliner.