- New NASA soil moisture satellite loses 1 science instrument Updated: Sep-02-15 6:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - A NASA satellite launched just seven months ago has lost the use of one of two science instruments, but the space agency said Wednesday that the mission to map global soil moisture will continue.
- NASA Orion spacecraft sent to Colorado for post-flight tests Updated: Sep-01-15 2:58 pm
DENVER - NASA's experimental Orion spacecraft has been shipped to Colorado for final decontamination and testing after its successful unmanned test flight in December.
- Indiana elementary students contact astronaut in space Updated: Aug-28-15 3:23 pm
BUNKER HILL, Indiana - Students at an elementary school in northern Indiana made a very long distance call to the International Space Station as it orbited the Earth over the Midwest.
- Japan delivers whiskey to space station_ for science Updated: Aug-24-15 1:49 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Spirits arrived at the International Space Station on Monday. Not the ghostly ones, but the kind you drink -- distilled spirits.
- Students help NASA choose plants for growing in space Updated: Aug-24-15 4:19 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - South Florida students will be working with NASA to determine which edible plants might be suitable for growing aboard the International Space Station.
- Ex-astronaut promotes STEM studies among Native Americans Updated: Aug-23-15 9:50 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former NASA astronaut is trying to get Native American students to develop an interest in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
- NASA, Idaho State University team up to research lava flow Updated: Aug-13-15 6:14 pm
ARCO, Idaho - Idaho State University and NASA are collaborating on research that may help scientists find life on other planets and improve radar to land rovers more safely on Mars.
- Madison-based company celebrates success of space lettuce Updated: Aug-11-15 11:46 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An aerospace research company based in Madison is celebrating a milestone in its development of a greenhouse used aboard the International Space Station.
- 2 Russian cosmonauts on ISS conduct spacewalk Updated: Aug-10-15 4:01 pm
MOSCOW - Two Russian crewmembers at the International Space Station on Monday ventured outside the orbiting outpost to install some equipment and check the exterior.
- Space salad: 1 small bite for man, 1 giant leaf for mankind Updated: Aug-10-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - These are the salad days of scientific research on the International Space Station. On Monday, for the first time astronauts munched on red romaine lettuce that they grew in space.
- UNR researchers work with NASA on drone traffic control Updated: Aug-09-15 4:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada researchers are trying to bring order to the skies by joining forces with NASA to test an air traffic control system for drones.
- 6 scientists chosen to live in Hawaii dome for 1 year Updated: Aug-04-15 7:23 pm
HONOLULU - Six scientists have been selected to spend an entire year isolated in a solar-powered dome habitat on Hawaii's Big Island to simulate a trip to Mars.