- Powerful, moon-bound rocket to carry MSU satellite in 2018 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:57 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - A satellite from Morehead State University will be on the most powerful rocket ever built when it blasts off on a planned mission in 2018 to orbit the moon, according to NASA.
- Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, 6th man on moon, dies in Florida Updated: Feb-05-16 7:35 pm
MIAMI - Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon when he and Alan Shepard helped NASA recover from Apollo 13's "successful failure" and later devoted his life to exploring physics, the mind, and unexplained phenomena such as psychics and aliens, has died in Florida. He was 85.
- Obama, Xi discuss NKorea amid signs of rocket launch preps Updated: Feb-05-16 4:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The presidents of the U.S. and China agreed Friday that a planned rocket launch by North Korea would violate U.N. sanctions, the White House said, amid signs the isolated nation was moving closer to blastoff.
- Spacewalkers collect experiment, toss flash drive overboard Updated: Feb-03-16 12:54 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Spacewalking Russians gathered seeds and spores that have been stuck outside the International Space Station for months if not years and gave a ceremonial send-off Wednesday to a flash drive containing special messages for their motherland.
- 30 years since Challenger: Teacher-in-Space finalists gather Updated: Jan-28-16 2:52 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Dozens of educators who competed alongside Christa McAuliffe to become the first teacher in space gathered Thursday to remember the seven astronauts who perished aboard Challenger 30 years ago.
- Tributes to McAuliffe, Challenger crew in Concord Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Teachers and school board members will be gathering at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord to pay tribute to Christa McAuliffe and six other astronauts lost in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster 30 years ago.
- Indianapolis children's museum plans new outer space exhibit Updated: Jan-28-16 4:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new $8 million exhibit at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis will focus on space exploration with a replica of International Space Station modules and displays about astronauts who have Indiana ties.
- Challenger disaster: McAuliffe's students go on to teach Updated: Jan-27-16 2:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Thirty years after the Concord High School class of '86 watched social studies teacher Christa McAuliffe and six astronauts perish when the space shuttle Challenger broke apart on live TV, a number of them have gone into teaching - and some wonder if, indirectly, the tragedy affected them enough that they wanted to make a difference, as she did.
- Event to commemorate Challenger tragedy anniversary Updated: Jan-22-16 2:25 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - The Challenger Learning Center at Wheeling Jesuit University will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the space shuttle explosion that killed seven astronauts.
- Pima County approves $15 million incentive for space company Updated: Jan-19-16 5:58 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The Pima County Board of Supervisors has approved a $15 million incentives package to bring a balloon spaceflight company to the Tucson area.
- The Latest: Elton John remembers Bowie as 'an amazing life' Updated: Jan-11-16 7:23 pm
LONDON - The latest on the death of singer David Bowie. All times local.
- Astronaut Peake pays tribute to 'Starman' Bowie from space Updated: Jan-11-16 8:02 am
LONDON - Here he is, sitting in a tin can, far above the world - and saying goodbye to David Bowie.