- Rights lawyer: Jailing ex-leader sign of Maldives extremism Updated: Oct-05-15 11:36 am
LONDON - The imprisonment of former Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed symbolizes a turn toward autocracy and extremism by a Muslim nation with the world's highest per-capita level of recruitment to the Islamic State group, a human rights lawyer said Monday.
- Connecticut lieutenant governor, lawmakers travel to Taiwan Updated: Oct-03-15 12:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman is leading a weeklong business and trade mission to Taiwan.
- Wolf imposes state hiring freeze and travel restrictions Updated: Oct-02-15 10:40 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - As Pennsylvania budget stalemate enters its fourth month, Gov. Tom Wolf is ordering a hiring freeze and restrictions on travel.
- Britain welcomes UN sanctions on 4 British jihadis Updated: Sep-29-15 7:23 am
LONDON - British officials have welcomed a U.N. decision to place four British jihadis who have joined the Islamic State group in Syria on a sanctions list.
- Travel restrictions set ahead of pope's Philadelphia visit Updated: Sep-25-15 8:06 am
PHILADELPHIA - Closed roads, limited train service and metal detectors that pedestrians are required to pass through will complicate travel in downtown Philadelphia as preparations begin for Pope Francis' weekend visit.
- Travel restrictions set ahead of pope's Philadelphia visit Updated: Sep-24-15 12:27 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Travel restrictions and security zones are going into effect ahead of Pope Francis' weekend visit to Philadelphia.
- Amid migrant mobilization, signs Turkey is hardening rules Updated: Sep-23-15 7:14 am
ISTANBUL - Interviews and a document obtained by The Associated Press show that Turkish officials have tentatively begun enforcing long-dormant rules governing Syrians' travel within the country.
- Questions and answers about migrant crisis border issues Updated: Sep-18-15 2:25 pm
BRUSSELS - The movement of tens of thousands of people toward Western Europe is overwhelming border authorities from Greece through the Balkans to Hungary and Slovenia.
- EU extends sanctions against Russia over Ukraine crisis Updated: Sep-14-15 7:59 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has extended by six months a visa ban and asset freeze targeting several close associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin and others involved in Russia's annexation of Crimea and other territorial disputes in Ukraine.
- Lawyers: We will pursue sanctions against Maldives Updated: Sep-10-15 2:47 pm
MALE, Maldives - A team of human rights lawyers said Thursday they will seek international sanctions and travel bans against the Maldives as part of its efforts to secure the release of the country's jailed former president.