- Phelps entered in 3 events at comeback meet Updated: Apr-18-14 4:10 pm
- Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games Updated: Apr-18-14 3:46 am
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Joyner-Kersee trains with Palestinian women Updated: Apr-17-14 11:11 am
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Strike continues at Rio Olympic venues Updated: Apr-16-14 3:57 pm
- Doping ban reversed for Olympic champion Lee Updated: Apr-15-14 12:01 am
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:35 pm
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:25 pm
- Rio 2016 Olympic crisis: 5 things to know Updated: Apr-12-14 8:27 am
- 2008 Olympic pole vault champion Hooker retires Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 pm
- Dave Brailsford quits British Cycling Updated: Apr-11-14 9:16 am
- Bach: IOC sending troubleshooter to Rio next week Updated: Apr-10-14 8:05 pm
- Government, Rio 2016 officials offer assurances Updated: Apr-08-14 9:44 pm
- Jamaican sprinter Simpson gets ban Updated: Apr-08-14 4:22 pm
- Sports chief: Brazil government must act on Rio Updated: Apr-08-14 12:59 pm
- Israel bars Palestinian Olympian from leaving Gaza Updated: Apr-08-14 12:07 pm
- 5 Brazil players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 7:49 am
- Workers, security guards clash at Rio Olympic Park Updated: Apr-07-14 4:32 pm
- After Sochi, IOC turns attention to delays in Rio Updated: Apr-07-14 4:32 am
- Olympic champion Gabby Douglas reunites with coach Updated: Apr-07-14 12:57 am
- IOC commission surveys Tokyo 2020 Olympic plans Updated: Apr-04-14 4:52 am
- Judo shoots down Winter Olympics suggestion Updated: Apr-02-14 1:06 pm
- IOC president meets Saudi Olympic chief in Riyadh Updated: Apr-02-14 7:01 am
- Olympic medalist to speak at GSU commencement Updated: Apr-02-14 4:34 am
MESA, Arizona - Michael Phelps is entered in three events at his first swimming meet since he retired after the 2012 London Olympics.
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnam has withdrawn as the host of the 2019 Asian Games, saying it lacked funds and the country's reputation could be at risk if the event flops.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
EL BIREH, West Bank - Dozens of Palestinian girls and women, most of them newcomers to the world of running, got a lesson in the basics Thursday from a track and field great - three-time Olympic gold medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The two-week strike at Rio de Janeiro's main Olympic complex continued Wednesday despite an apparent settlement.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The Badminton World Federation has reversed a one-year ban handed to Olympic gold medalist Lee Yon-dae for failing to comply with doping requirements.
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian ever, is coming out of retirement to swim next week at the Arena Grand Prix in Arizona.
Michael Phelps will be facing quite an opponent when he returns to the pool.
BELEK, Turkey - Blame it on Rio.
ADELAIDE, Australia - Former Olympic pole vault champion Steve Hooker of Australia has announced he is retiring from the sport, saying he is still physically fit but doesn't have the mental drive to continue at the top.
LONDON - Dave Brailsford, the man who masterminded Britain's medal haul at the Beijing and London Olympics, has stepped down from his role as performance director of British Cycling.
BELEK, Turkey - The International Olympic Committee is sending a senior troubleshooter to Brazil next week as part of a series of emergency measures to tackle the delays threatening the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
BRASILIA, Brazil - Top officials of the 2016 Rio Olympics and the chief of staff for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff met for two hours Tuesday and repeated assurances that, despite well-publicized delays, test events and the games themselves will meet proposed deadlines.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaican Olympic sprinter Sherone Simpson was banned until Dec. 20 after testing positive for a banned stimulant, a disciplinary panel announced Tuesday.
BELEK, Turkey - The head of Olympic summer sports federations called for urgent action Tuesday to tackle the critical delays facing the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro and accused the Brazilian government of neglecting the crisis.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel has barred 30 runners, including an Olympic athlete, from leaving the Gaza Strip to participate in a marathon later this week, highlighting Israel's tight restrictions on travel in and out of the Hamas-ruled territory, Palestinian officials said Tuesday.
SAO PAULO - Playing at home, Brazil will be attracting more attention than usual at the World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Striking construction workers and security personnel clashed Monday at Rio de Janeiro's Olympic Park, the main cluster of venues under construction for the 2016 Summer Games.
With the Sochi Olympics behind them, IOC leaders are gathering in Turkey this week amid growing alarm over Brazil's troubled preparations for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas is reuniting with the coach who helped her win gold in 2012.
TOKYO - IOC inspectors concluded their first meetings with organizers of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics on Friday and said they were impressed with preparations for the games and inclusion of women on the board.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The head of judo's world governing body has fired back at international cycling's new chief for suggesting the martial art could be moved to the Winter Olympics.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - IOC President Thomas Bach has discussed the issue of women's participation in sports with Saudi Arabia's Olympic chief.
ATLANTA - Georgia State University officials say a two-time Olympic medalist has been chosen to deliver the keynote address at the school's spring commencement.