- Mexican basketball suspended by FIBA; Olympics in jeopardy Updated: Nov-27-15 7:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican basketball federation was suspended by world governing body FIBA on Friday because of the national government's interference in how the sport is run.
- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- IOC leaders to discuss Mexico dispute next month Updated: Nov-27-15 8:01 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A dispute that could lead to Mexico's suspension from the Olympics will be discussed by IOC leaders next month.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Brazil auditor worried by border security for Rio Olympics Updated: Nov-25-15 1:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A government watchdog said Wednesday that "flaws" in Brazil's border security are a "big concern" heading toward next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Summer Olympic federations set up anti-doping task force Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Summer sports federations have set up a task force to study their anti-doping programs as Olympic officials consider turning over all drug-testing to an independent body.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- Hungary scolded for claiming European support for 2024 bid Updated: Nov-24-15 7:29 am
ROME - Europe's Olympic association scolded Hungary on Tuesday for claiming it has secured the backing of 16 European countries for Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Count Jordan Spieth as a likely Rio Olympics starter in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:35 am
SYDNEY - Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott, the two headliners at this week's Australian Open, have distinctly different excitement levels over next year's Rio Olympics golf tournament.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- For 2016 season, Federer won't look past Australian Open Updated: Nov-22-15 5:36 pm
LONDON - The Olympic tennis tournament remains the only big singles title Roger Federer has yet to add to his collection. Looking ahead to next season, though, it's not the Rio de Janeiro Games that are at the top of his mind.
- Rio Olympic golf course handed over to games organizers Updated: Nov-22-15 12:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro's Olympic golf course - slowed by environmental lawsuits, land ownership disputes and doubts it even needed to be built - was handed over Sunday to organizers of next year's games.
- Los Angeles focus on vision, public support for Olympic bid Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Los Angeles' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took away two clear ideas from meetings at IOC headquarters on Friday.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Paris determined 'more than ever' to host 2024 Olympics Updated: Nov-20-15 1:23 pm
PRAGUE - The deadly attacks in Paris won't deter the French capital's bid to host the 2024 Olympics.
- Paris 2024 Olympic bid takes rivals' goodwill to IOC meets Updated: Nov-19-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took goodwill messages from campaign rivals to meetings with the IOC on Thursday.
- Bulgaria barred from 2016 Olympic weightlifting for doping Updated: Nov-19-15 3:24 pm
HOUSTON - Bulgaria cannot send a weightlifting team to the 2016 Olympics because of its steroids doping record.
- Plan for 2024 Olympic village in Los Angeles on shaky ground Updated: Nov-18-15 6:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles' proposed Olympic village might need a new address.
- Putin spokesman says Russia doping charges appear unfounded Updated: Nov-10-15 6:05 am
MOSCOW - The accusations of state-sponsored doping in Russian track and field appear to be unfounded, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman said Tuesday.
- Radcliffe: Inquiry shows Olympic cheats they'll be caught Updated: Nov-09-15 8:38 pm
LONDON - Marathon record-holder Paula Radcliffe believes the devastating exposure of state-sponsored doping by Russia send a timely warning to athletes thinking of cheating at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics that they will be caught.
- Kobe says another Olympics 'would mean the world' to him Updated: Nov-09-15 6:13 pm
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant sounds like someone who wants to play beyond this season - if only for a few months.
- USOC grants USA Football recognition as sports organization Updated: Nov-09-15 3:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The U.S. Olympic Committee added USA Football to its formal list of recognized sports organization for all forms of American football.
- Q&A on the Russian doping scandal Updated: Nov-09-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - The report that damned Russia's record on doping in athletics was even more damaging than expected.
- Japan its own enemy in push to improve cybersecurity Updated: Nov-08-15 9:33 pm
OKINAWA, Japan - Apart from rogue hackers, criminal organizations or even state-backed cyberwarfare units, Japan's businesses and government agencies are facing a unique cybersecurity foe: themselves.
- Thousands form giant Olympic rings in Hamburg Updated: Nov-08-15 9:30 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Thousands of people have gathered in a Hamburg park to form giant Olympic rings, weeks before the city's residents vote on whether its bid for the 2024 Games should go ahead.