- 'Today' feeling fight again after Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 3:49 pm
- Belcher to skipper Australian America's Cup team Updated: Mar-05-14 8:37 pm
- Price, Mikulak win American Cup all-around titles Updated: Mar-01-14 5:18 pm
- Critics blast Rio's World Cup, Olympic evictions Updated: Feb-28-14 11:16 am
- NBC says thousands of illegal video stopped Updated: Feb-27-14 1:34 pm
- Panel: Boston has 'monumental task' in Olympic bid Updated: Feb-26-14 4:14 pm
- Former Olympic champ Hackett to enter rehab in US Updated: Feb-25-14 7:09 pm
- Sarasota and Manatee counties to hold pentathlon Updated: Feb-25-14 3:06 am
- Asada contemplating extending career after Sochi Updated: Feb-25-14 2:02 am
- Former NDSU standout wins another national title Updated: Feb-24-14 1:27 pm
- NBC's Olympics: The eyes have it Updated: Feb-23-14 6:38 pm
- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end Updated: Feb-23-14 2:23 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Flame out Updated: Feb-23-14 2:03 pm
- Tokyo 2020 chairman critical of Mao Asada Updated: Feb-20-14 10:30 am
- After Sochi, what's next for Winter Olympics? Updated: Feb-20-14 4:43 am
- No medal in Sochi, but Lolo Jones is satisfied Updated: Feb-19-14 4:30 pm
- Canada rallies past US for women's bobsled gold Updated: Feb-19-14 3:39 pm
- Bubka calls for halt to violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-19-14 11:07 am
- NBC's 'Today' show wins ratings gold Updated: Feb-18-14 5:38 pm
- Williams, Jones officially become dual Olympians Updated: Feb-18-14 10:44 am
- Olympians tiptoe around sponsorship ban Updated: Feb-18-14 8:52 am
- Costas returns to Olympic coverage Updated: Feb-17-14 8:27 pm
- Olympics: Earth's most political apolitical event Updated: Feb-15-14 8:22 am
- Hanyu's historic gold for Japan no flash in pan Updated: Feb-15-14 5:36 am
- Olympics a test for ambitious developing countries Updated: Feb-15-14 4:44 am
NEW YORK - NBC's "Today" show didn't leave its mojo in Sochi and is feeling newly energized in the program's perpetual battle with ABC's dominant "Good Morning America."
SYDNEY - Olympic gold medalist Mathew Belcher has been named skipper of the Australian challenge for sailing's America's Cup.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - American gymnast Elizabeth Price has been dealing with injuries off and on since the 2012 Olympics.
RIO DE JANEIRO - With her family of six living in five different houses scattered across the city, Dalvaneide Pequeno do Nascimento longs for the days when her whole clan shared the same roof.
NEW YORK - NBC said it worked with Olympic officials to stop some 45,000 instances of illegally posted video or pirate streams that surfaced to show competition during the Sochi games.
BOSTON - A commission looking at the viability of trying to bring the Summer Olympics to Boston in 2024 says finding space for an 80,000-seat Olympic Stadium and a 100-acre athletes' village would be major hurdles.
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former Olympic swimming champion Grant Hackett has flown to the United States to undergo treatment for an addiction to the sleeping medication Stilnox.
SARASOTA, Florida - Sarasota and Manatee counties will host the world cup finals and qualifiers in the oldest Olympic sport: the modern pentathlon.
TOKYO - Japanese figure skater Mao Asada says there is a fifty-fifty chance she will continue her career after an impressive performance in the free skate at the Sochi Olympics, and has no regrets about including the triple axel in her routine.
FARGO, North Dakota - Former North Dakota State University national champion and 2012 London Olympian Amanda Smock has claimed her third consecutive indoor national title in the triple jump.
NBC Universal's Sochi performance is partly measured in gold, too.
SOCHI, Russia - Flushed with pride after its athletes' spectacular showing at the costliest Olympics ever, Russia celebrated Sunday night with a visually stunning finale that handed off a smooth but politically charged Winter Games to their next host, Pyeongchang in South Korea.
SOCHI, Russia - With a nod to Russia's Olympic past and 900 children carrying small flames, a giant bear has extinguished the flame of the Sochi Games.
TOKYO - The head of Tokyo's 2020 Olympic organizing committee has criticized Japanese figure skater Mao Asada's performance in the women's short program at the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - She scrambled to find her camera before the flower ceremony began. Lolo Jones wasn't going to miss any of it.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - They called it the Battle Royale. Kaillie Humphries and Elana Meyers spent part of the summer training alongside one another, getting ready to spend this winter battling each other.
SOCHI, Russia - His eyes welling with tears and voice choking with emotion, Ukrainian pole vault great Sergei Bubka appealed Wednesday to both sides in his homeland's political crisis to halt the violence that has claimed dozens of lives and brought the country "to the brink of catastrophe."
The "Today" show won ratings gold last week in its morning show competition against ABC's "Good Morning America," NBC's first weekly win since the London Olympics in the summer of 2012.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Lauryn Williams and Lolo Jones have become the ninth and 10th Americans to compete in different sports at the Summer and Winter Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to see the glasses and goggles that aerials skier Lydia Lassila and snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis wore at the Sochi Olympics? If you go to the website of the company that manufactures their eyewear, you might be in for a shock.
SOCHI, Russia - Bob Costas returned as host for NBC's prime-time Olympic coverage Monday night, if still not exactly clear-eyed, at least with a sharpened sense of respect for the colleagues and crew who covered for him during a six-day absence.
SOCHI, Russia - Each time an Olympics approaches, the ideal is articulated once more: The true spirit of the games, those who oversee them say, brings humanity together to promote amity and athletic excellence. It is most certainly not a place for the affairs of nations and vested interests to play out on a global stage.
SOCHI, Russia - Unlike when Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang made a major Olympic breakthrough for Asian men, Yuzuru Hanyu's historic gold medal for Japan in figure skating looks less a flash in the pan and more of a significant shift in his sport's center of gravity.
BEIJING - Playing host to the Olympics or World Cup can showcase an ambitious country's rise and cast a harsh light on its weaknesses.