- Boules bidding for inclusion at 2024 Olympics Updated: Oct-12-15 2:31 pm
PARIS - The sport of boules has launched a bid to be included in the 2024 Olympics.
- Mexico beats Canada 2-0 to clinch Olympic berth Updated: Oct-10-15 10:44 pm
SANDY, Utah - Mexico will have a chance to defend its Olympic gold medal in men's soccer.
- US in danger of missing Olympic men's soccer again Updated: Oct-10-15 8:30 pm
SANDY, Utah - The United States is in danger of missing its second straight men's Olympic soccer tournament.
- Baseball qualifying for 2020 Tokyo Games would be tricky Updated: Oct-09-15 1:25 pm
ROME - If baseball rejoins the Olympics for the 2020 Tokyo Games, just qualifying for the tournament could be a challenge.
- Negating mayoral speculation, CONI chief focuses on 2024 bid Updated: Oct-09-15 10:02 am
ROME - Dismissing speculation that he could run for mayor, the head of Italy's Olympic committee pledged Friday to keep his current job and attempt to bring the 2024 Games to Rome.
- 2016 Olympic equestrian event may not be held in Brazil Updated: Oct-08-15 11:01 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - The head of the Brazilian Equestrian Confederation has warned that equestrian events at next year's Rio de Janeiro Olympics might have to take place outside Brazil.
- Hamburg estimates $12.6 billion cost for 2024 Olympics Updated: Oct-08-15 4:38 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Hamburg's bid to host the 2024 Olympic Games has an estimated budget of 11.2 billion euros ($12.6 billion), with 7.4 billion ($8.3 billion) to come from taxpayers.
- US Table Tennis trials for Rio Olympics in Greensboro, NC Updated: Oct-07-15 7:13 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The U.S. table tennis trials for the Rio Olympic team will be held next February in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Americans use 2nd-half surge to beat Panama 4-0 Updated: Oct-07-15 1:15 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Sluggish in the first half, the Americans needed some kind of catalyst.
- Rio Olympics cutting costs with Brazil deep in recession Updated: Oct-06-15 1:37 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Olympic organizers, faced with the reality of a country deep in recession, are trimming costs to keep their budget balanced.
- Toyota shows self-driving technology being readied for 2020 Updated: Oct-06-15 7:21 am
TOKYO - Toyota unveiled its vision for self-driving cars in a challenge to other automakers as well as industry newcomer Google Inc., promising to start selling such vehicles in Japan by 2020.
- BMX test event in Rio put back 1 day over safety concerns Updated: Oct-02-15 6:31 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Organizers of next year's Rio de Janeiro Olympics have moved a BMX test event back one day over safety concerns.
- Brazil's lower house approves visa waiver tied to Olympics Updated: Oct-01-15 3:32 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's lower house voted Thursday to grant a 90-day waiver to foreigners who normally need a visa so they can come to the country next year for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The bill is expected to be approved by the Senate and signed by President Dilma Rousseff.
- Vatican beefs up IOC contacts, but cautious on Rome bid Updated: Oct-01-15 3:13 pm
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican is beefing up its contacts with the International Olympic Committee but isn't taking sides in Rome's bid for the 2024 Games, which organizers hope will include the marathon winding through St. Peter's Square.
- Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, British Olympian engaged Updated: Oct-01-15 6:54 am
LONDON - British Olympic diver Tom Daley and Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black have announced their engagement.
- Greece reopening Olympic venue to cope with asylum-seekers Updated: Oct-01-15 6:03 am
ATHENS, Greece - Authorities in Greece have reopened a disused Olympic venue to house migrants and refugees camped out in central Athens.
- Japan launches sports agency to boost athletic performance Updated: Oct-01-15 1:49 am
TOKYO - Japan has launched a new sports agency tasked with improving athletic performance ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- US women's basketball team to train in Europe Updated: Sep-30-15 11:10 am
Fresh off their WNBA seasons, Elena Delle Donne, Candace Parker and Sue Bird will lead a group of U.S. basketball players to Europe to train in preparation for next year's Olympics.
- Rio's sewage-filled waters a health threat for surfers, too Updated: Sep-29-15 5:59 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio's sewage-filled waters are not only a problem for next year's Olympics.
- Tokyo recommends 5 additional sports for 2020 Olympics Updated: Sep-28-15 10:06 am
TOKYO - Baseball and softball were joined by youth-oriented sports such as surfing and skateboarding as Japanese organizers on Monday recommended five additional sports with 18 events for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- NZ football official resigns over eligibility error Updated: Sep-28-15 1:17 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A senior New Zealand football official has resigned in response to the disqualification of the country's under-23 team from an Olympic qualifying tournament for fielding an ineligible player.
- 2nd bicyclist killed by crash was once an Olympic alternate Updated: Sep-26-15 1:08 pm
BRECKSVILLE, Ohio - One of the bicyclists killed in a collision with a pickup truck in Ohio was once an alternate on the U.S. Olympic cycling team.
- With Olympics coming, US swimming and track look for rebound Updated: Sep-26-15 3:46 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The buzz in U.S. Olympic circles is about bringing the 2024 Games to Los Angeles.
- USOC extends CEO's contract through 2021 with option to 2024 Updated: Sep-25-15 8:45 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - In the U.S. Olympic Committee's version of a perfect world, CEO Scott Blackmun will help the Americans bring the curtain down on the Los Angeles Olympics in 2024.
- Paris 2024 leaders launch crowdfunding campaign Updated: Sep-25-15 3:28 pm
PARIS - Leaders of the Paris bid for the 2024 Olympics put on a show of unity at a festive meeting involving French Prime Minister Manuel Valls and more than 150 athletes for the official launch of a crowdfunding campaign on Friday.