- Employee charged with arson in furniture warehouse fire Updated: Apr-29-16 10:48 pm
CHICAGO - An employee of a suburban Chicago furniture warehouse is facing federal arson charges for allegedly seeing a fire that destroyed the building.
- $5 million bond set for suspect facing arson, murder charges Updated: Apr-29-16 4:42 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Bond has been set at $5 million for a 61-year-old man facing murder and arson charges for allegedly setting an apartment building fire that killed two boys.
- Indianapolis house explosion suspect wants trial moved Updated: Apr-29-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fourth suspect in a house explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood has requested that his trial be moved from the city.
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Man suspected of starting Creek County wildfire arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A Bristow man accused of igniting a wildfire in 2012 that burned nearly 60,000 acres and destroyed hundreds of homes in Creek County has been arrested.
- Man pleads guilty for fire at Habitat for Humanity ReStore Updated: Apr-29-16 9:55 am
HELENA, Montana - A 32-year-old Helena man has pleaded guilty to setting the fire that caused more than $500,000 in damage to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Helena last summer.
- Omaha man found guilty of burning couple's gay pride flag Updated: Apr-28-16 4:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man accused of stealing a gay pride rainbow flag and burning it has been found guilty.
- Upstate New York couple charged in fatal house fire Updated: Apr-28-16 12:40 am
WAYLAND, New York - A Steuben County couple faces murder and arson charges after an investigation into a fatal fire.
- 24-year-old upstate NY man convicted of grandmother killing Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A jury has convicted a 24-year-old upstate New York man of murdering his grandmother.
- Firefighter charged with arson suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 10:31 am
STODDARD, New Hampshire - The fire chief in Stoddard, New Hampshire, says he's implementing a plan to prevent future employees from committing arson after the recent arrest of a volunteer firefighter.
- Man who hallucinated bear attack, caused havoc is sentenced Updated: Apr-27-16 4:46 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A Vermont man who caused havoc after a drug-induced hallucination led him to fear an imaginary bear attack will serve a minimum of two more years in prison.
- Man arrested in 2003 Philadelphia firebombing that killed 5 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man who got into a fight with a boxer outside a club went to the boxer's home later that night with friends and threw Molotov cocktails at the windows, igniting a fire that killed him and four relatives, police said Tuesday in announcing an arrest in the 2003 cold case.
- Federal investigators explore motives for Idaho church arson Updated: Apr-26-16 4:56 pm
BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - Federal investigators are trying to determine whether the arson fire that destroyed a Catholic church in Idaho was driven by religious or racial bias.
- Man, 61, charged with murder, arson in Kankakee fire Updated: Apr-26-16 3:16 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - The Kankakee Fire Department says a 61-year-old man faces murder and arson charges for allegedly setting an apartment building fire that killed two boys.
- Volunteer firefighter accused of arson in northern Illinois Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 am
FREEPORT, Illinois - A 20-year-old volunteer firefighter is accused of setting several fires in northern Illinois.
- Man sought in 6 Marshalltown fires, fire chief says Updated: Apr-26-16 8:46 am
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - A man suspected of setting six fires over the past few months is being sought in Marshalltown.
- Arson suspected in fire that destroyed baseball grandstands Updated: Apr-25-16 6:07 pm
WASECA, Minnesota - Authorities suspect arson in the fire that destroyed the grandstands at a treasured baseball field in Waseca (wah-SEE'-kah) earlier this month.
- Brush fire destroys motel in Ascutney Updated: Apr-25-16 1:52 pm
ASCUTNEY, Vermont - A brush fire has destroyed a motel in Ascutney.
- Politicians descend on march to commemorate Freddie Gray Updated: Apr-24-16 6:32 pm
BALTIMORE - A march in Baltimore to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the death of Freddie Gray turned into an opportunity for political candidates to try to sway voters.
- 3 Eagle Butte men sentenced for burning down church Updated: Apr-22-16 6:55 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - U.S. Attorney Randolph Seiler says three Eagle Butte men have been sentenced to time in prison for their roles in burning down a 98-year-old church on the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
- Officials: Stoddard firefighter charged with arson Updated: Apr-22-16 6:15 pm
STODDARD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a Stoddard firefighter has been charged with arson in connection with a brush fire in that town that burned 190 acres and prompted the voluntary evacuation of 17 homes.
- Woman who set newborn on fire in road sentenced to 30 years Updated: Apr-22-16 2:15 pm
MOUNT HOLLY, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman who set her newborn on fire and left her in the middle of a street was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison.
- Man, teen admit burning down century-old Oregon home Updated: Apr-22-16 1:05 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A 37-year-old man and his teenage accomplice have pleaded guilty to arson in the destruction of a century-old home in Florence.
- Cops: Man used blowtorch to break into fast-food restaurant Updated: Apr-21-16 6:22 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Police on Long Island say they've arrested a man accused of using a blowtorch to break into a Burger King restaurant.