- Police suspect California man set girlfriend on fire Updated: Feb-09-16 8:29 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A California man is accused of pouring gasoline on his girlfriend and setting her on fire.
- Correction: Arson Fire Death story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:41 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - In a story Feb. 4 about an arson fire in Sedalia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Springfield Police Department helped to determine that the fire was intentionally set. It was the Sedalia Police Department, not the Springfield Police Department.
- Man suspected of using road flares to set St. Louis fires Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 am
ST. LOUIS - Federal agents in St. Louis say security cameras helped lead to the arrest of a serial arsonist.
- Man charged with murder, arson in parents' attack Updated: Feb-07-16 9:00 am
EVERETT, Washington - Court documents say a 29-year-old man accused of attacking his parents and setting their house near Snohomish on fire told a deputy he thought his parents were possessed by demons.
- Lockport triple murder trial delayed for fifth time Updated: Feb-06-16 12:52 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The first-degree murder trial for a man accused of stabbing a Lockport woman and her two daughters has been delayed for the fifth time.
- 3 former firefighters indicted on arson charges Updated: Feb-06-16 11:22 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Three of the six former Hancock County firefighters have been indicted by a grand jury on arson charges after a string of suspicious fires in 2014 and early 2015.
- Jury finds Mandan man guilty on manslaughter, arson charges Updated: Feb-05-16 7:55 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - A Mandan man accused of killing a friend and setting a mobile home on fire to cover up the crime has been convicted on a lesser charge.
- Jury convicts Herreid woman of setting fire to own bar Updated: Feb-05-16 6:33 pm
HERREID, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman accused of setting fire to her own bar to get insurance money has been convicted of arson.
- Man pleads guilty to $190K insurance fraud scheme, extortion Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bookmaker has pleaded guilty to charges he shot a gambler with a stun gun and tried to burn down a restaurant in a $190,000 insurance fraud scheme in Hartford.
- Ceremony held for reopening of Planned Parenthood clinic Updated: Feb-05-16 3:29 am
PULLMAN, Washington - A public ceremony will be held to celebrate the reopening of the Planned Parenthood clinic in Pullman, five months after the facility was damaged by arson.
- FBI increases reward in Chicago arson investigation Updated: Feb-04-16 4:40 am
CHICAGO - The FBI has increased a reward to $10,000 for useful information in the case of an arson fire that destroyed 13 horse-drawn carriages in Chicago a year ago.
- Boyle Heights school fire investigated as possible arson Updated: Feb-03-16 9:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say nobody was hurt when fire broke out on the campus of a Boyle Heights school, and the blaze is being investigated as possible arson.
- State of Ohio pays $337,000 to man wrongfully imprisoned Updated: Feb-03-16 3:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state of Ohio has agreed to pay $337,000 to a man who was wrongfully imprisoned for arson.
- Woman charged with setting rooming house fire that killed 2 Updated: Feb-02-16 7:38 am
BUFFALO, New York - Police have charged a 40-year-old woman with murder and arson in connection with the deaths of two men in a fire at a Buffalo rooming house last fall.
- Assailants throw gasoline bombs into German mosque's grounds Updated: Feb-02-16 7:09 am
BERLIN - Police in western Germany say unidentified assailants have thrown two gasoline bombs into the grounds of a mosque, but there was no damage and no one was injured.
- Gary numbers indicate drop in all major crimes but homicide Updated: Feb-01-16 3:41 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary has seen a decrease in reported rapes, assaults and burglaries, but homicides have remained about the same, according to new crime statistics released by city officials.
- FBI offering reward in 2013 hate crime in Mecosta County Updated: Jan-28-16 3:16 am
SHERIDAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Federal authorities are seeking help solving a 2013 hate crime involving spray-painted racial slurs and arson in Mecosta County.
- Man seeking warmth arrested for setting fire in building Updated: Jan-27-16 9:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A 25-year-old man, apparently homeless, was arrested Wednesday for setting a fire for warmth that ended up blanketing part of the city in smoke and forcing the closure of historic Canal Street, the city's fire chief said.
- The Latest: Arson not suspected in Canal Street blaze Updated: Jan-27-16 5:27 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on a stubborn fire that broke out in a building in downtown New Orleans on Wednesday. All times are local.
- Arrest made in fire that burned Anchorage auto body shop Updated: Jan-27-16 4:15 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man suspected of starting a fire that burned an Anchorage auto body repair shop has been arrested.
- Police: Ohio inmate accused of setting fire to jail blanket Updated: Jan-26-16 6:57 am
CLEVELAND - Police say a northeast Ohio inmate is accused of setting fire to a blanket in his jail cell.
- Man accused of burning down his Carlton County cabin Updated: Jan-26-16 2:28 am
BLACKHOOF TOWNSHIP, Minnesota - A northern Minnesota man faces a felony charge after authorities say he burned down his cabin last week.
- US envoy to Israel says his criticism was poorly timed Updated: Jan-25-16 1:10 pm
JERUSALEM - The U.S. ambassador to Israel has acknowledged "the timing was not the best" after criticizing Israel's approach to settler violence in remarks delivered on the day an Israeli woman fatally stabbed by a Palestinian was laid to rest.
- Defense asks to take fatal arson case to state's high court Updated: Jan-25-16 4:52 am
PITTSBURGH - Lawyers for a man accused in the arson deaths of three Pittsburgh firefighters two decades ago are seeking to have the state's highest court handle the case.
- Trial delayed for man charged with killing couple in N Maine Updated: Jan-25-16 4:02 am
OAKFIELD, Maine - The trial of a man charged with killing a couple before setting fire to their home in northern Maine has been delayed.