- Report: Fires including arson remain big Detroit challenge Updated: Sep-03-15 7:25 am
DETROIT - A new report says fires including arson remain a huge challenge for Detroit.
- Ex-firefighter appeals conviction for setting 5 fires Updated: Sep-03-15 7:11 am
DOVER, New Hampshire - A former firefighter who was convicted of setting five fires one morning in Durham, New Hampshire, has appealed his case to the state Supreme Court.
- Woman sentenced for setting estranged husband's home on fire Updated: Sep-03-15 6:46 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 60-year-old Lincoln woman has been sent to prison for setting her estranged husband's home on fire.
- Charges dropped against man in double slaying Updated: Sep-02-15 11:20 am
ELIZABETHTON, Tennessee - A prosecutor in East Tennessee has dropped charges against the second of three men charged in a double slaying.
- Court documents: Man burned house, took selfies at ruins Updated: Sep-02-15 9:37 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Court documents say a man who burned down a Maryland house in a jealous rage went back to the site and took selfies in front of the ruins.
- Man pleads guilty to arson, killing 5-year-old boy in Tulsa Updated: Sep-02-15 2:53 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A 36-year-old man has pleaded guilty to setting fire to a Tulsa home, killing a 5-year-old boy.
- Court hearings postponed for Civic Stadium arson suspects Updated: Sep-01-15 1:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Court hearings have been postponed for four youths charged with arson for allegedly causing the June 29 Civic Stadium fire.
- Blaze at Los Angeles marijuana dispensary began with blast Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Arson investigators are on the scene of a large fire at a marijuana dispensary in downtown Los Angeles that authorities say began with a loud explosion.
- Woman serving 25 years for murder, attempted arson dies Updated: Aug-31-15 8:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Prison officials say a 78-year-old female inmate in prison for second-degree murder and attempted arson has died.
- Court documents: Man burned house, took selfies at ruins Updated: Aug-31-15 8:41 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Court documents say a man who burned down a Glen Burnie house in a jealous rage went back to the site and took selfies in front of the ruins.
- Reward offered in Little Rock playground arson cases Updated: Aug-31-15 2:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock School District is offering a reward for information about suspicious fires at two elementary school playgrounds.
- Woman facing arson charge in hotel bedsheet fire Updated: Aug-31-15 12:02 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Cheyenne woman is in custody on suspicion of setting a hotel bed sheet on fire.
- Baton Rouge man accused of setting vehicle on fire Updated: Aug-31-15 7:07 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Authorities accuse a Baton Rouge man of setting a vehicle on fire.
- New Hampshire fire marshal's team gets new K9 Updated: Aug-30-15 2:38 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The newest investigator to join the New Hampshire fire marshal's office is standing proud - on four legs.
- KC police find 1 dead, 2 wounded at home hit by arson Updated: Aug-30-15 11:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police have found a dead man and two other wounded victims at home where the front porch was set on fire several hours earlier.
- Israel has failed to reform Jewish radicals, critics charge Updated: Aug-30-15 10:59 am
SHIR HADASH OUTPOST, West Bank - The Israeli government initiative has a soothing biblical name, the Hebrew Shepherd, and a serious aim: to keep ultranationalist Jewish settler youths from turning to violence and attacking Palestinians and their property.
- Officials say house fire that killed 2 in Chicago suspicious Updated: Aug-29-15 3:13 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire Department officials say a blaze that engulfed a home in minutes and killed two men is suspicious.
- Arson suspect charged in car fire in Reno Walmart lot Updated: Aug-28-15 5:32 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno police have arrested a 29-year-old arson suspect in connection with a car fire in a Walmart parking lot.
- Police say arson caused downtown Idaho City fire Updated: Aug-28-15 12:34 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Police are saying the fire that burned down five businesses in downtown Idaho City was set intentionally.
- Helena man accused of arson pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-28-15 12:12 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Helena man accused of setting fire to the Habitat for Humanity Restore in July has pleaded not guilty to arson charges.
- Providence man in arson-for-profit plot gets 6 ½ years Updated: Aug-26-15 3:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been sentenced to 6 ½ years in prison after he was convicted of orchestrating a scheme to set fire to a multi-family building he owned in an effort to collect more than $725,000 in insurance.
- Man charged with killing father in Vance County Updated: Aug-26-15 6:46 am
HENDERSON, North Carolina - A man has been arrested and charged with killing his father in Vance County.
- Investigators suspect arson in Casper apartment fire Updated: Aug-25-15 12:48 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Fire investigators suspect that someone intentionally set a Casper apartment building on fire.
- Merkel to visit refugee shelter attacked by neo-Nazi mob Updated: Aug-25-15 11:14 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel will visit a refugee shelter at the center of recent riots by neo-Nazis, an official said Tuesday, as German leaders seek to address a spate of violence that has accompanied a surge in migrants this year.
- Man gets 32 years in prison for trying to burn in-laws' home Updated: Aug-25-15 2:28 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana man has been sentenced to 32 years in prison after pleading guilty to arson for trying to set his in-laws' Lafayette house on fire.