- Boy, 9, charged with arson in Idaho shed fire Updated: Oct-03-15 1:44 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Authorities have charged a 9-year-old boy with arson in connection with a fire that destroyed a shed behind a school near Twin Falls.
- Detroit mayor to help recruit Angels' Night volunteers Updated: Oct-03-15 4:00 am
DETROIT - The city of Detroit is seeking volunteers to help protect neighborhoods from arsonists by being vigilant over the Halloween period.
- Police: Man sets mattress on fire, faces arson charges Updated: Oct-02-15 7:58 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A Hagerstown man is facing arson-related charges after police say he set a mattress on fire while his 2-year-old child was at home and five residents were in an adjoining apartment.
- Man arrested in Topeka fire that left 1 injured Updated: Oct-02-15 6:30 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man has been arrested in connection with a fire that left one person injured in Topeka.
- Judge declares mistrial in Portland arson, murder case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County judge has declared a mistrial for two men accused of murder and arson.
- Arsonist hurled object to ignite fire at Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-02-15 3:47 am
THOUSAND OAKS, California - An arsonist threw a container with flammable liquid through the window of a Southern California Planned Parenthood facility, setting off a small fire, authorities said.
- Man pleads no contest to setting woman on fire Updated: Oct-02-15 12:27 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A man has pleaded no contest to charges related to dousing a woman with a flammable liquid and setting her on fire during an argument at an apartment in Yakima.
- Man charged with setting fire in liquor store during riots Updated: Oct-01-15 8:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has been charged in a federal criminal complaint with setting a fire in liquor store during Baltimore's riots.
- Wrongfully convicted Frankton man to get $3M settlement Updated: Oct-01-15 5:14 pm
FRANKTON, Indiana - The attorney for a man who had his conviction overturned in a central Indiana school arson says a $3 million lawsuit settlement will let him make a fresh start.
- Man arrested in connection with fire at restaurant site Updated: Oct-01-15 7:16 am
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia man has been arrested in connection with a Center City fire that caused more than $1 million in damages.
- Henrico man charged with arson kills himself in jail Updated: Oct-01-15 6:41 am
HENRICO, Virginia - A Henrico man who had been charged with arson after being accused of setting fire to his parents' home has killed himself.
- Bloodhounds to help track down wildfire arsonists in Ky. Updated: Oct-01-15 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky forestry officials say they will use specially trained bloodhounds to try to track down people who set fires in the woods.
- Poplar Bluff man accused of arson, bomb threat Updated: Sep-30-15 9:09 am
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - A southeast Missouri man is jailed after allegedly setting two fires and phoning in a threat to blow up a building.
- Dolan Springs church fires result of arson, authorities say Updated: Sep-29-15 7:54 pm
DOLAN SPRINGS, Arizona - Authorities in Mohave County say two fires that heavily damaged and destroyed churches in Dolan Springs are the result of arson.
- Planned Parenthood to open temporary clinic after arson Updated: Sep-29-15 6:36 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Planned Parenthood officials will open a temporary health center while they rebuild their clinic damaged by arson earlier this month.
- Police: Woman doused boyfriend with bleach, set him on fire Updated: Sep-29-15 2:41 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - A woman has been arrested after police say she doused her boyfriend with bleach and rubbing alcohol and then set him on fire.
- Investigator testifies woman seen with gas can before fire Updated: Sep-29-15 9:07 am
FRANKLIN, New Hampshire - A state fire investigator has testified that a woman arrested on an arson charge was seen putting gas in a container at a gas station, lighting a cigarette and entering an apartment building that was the site of a fire.
- Suspect in custody in some recent Beaver Falls arsons Updated: Sep-29-15 8:56 am
BEAVER FALLS, Pennsylvania - Police say they have a suspect in custody in connection with some of 15 suspicious fires in vacant homes and garages in the western Pennsylvania city of Beaver Falls.
- Providence restaurant fire ruled arson; reward offered Updated: Sep-29-15 7:39 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A New Year's Eve fire at a popular Providence restaurant has been ruled arson, and authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
- Arson suspected in fire that destroyed Columbia Falls store Updated: Sep-28-15 11:10 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Investigators say a fire that destroyed the main building of a furniture and flooring store in Columbia Falls may have been intentionally set.
- Ex-fugitive charged with strangling parents, torching house Updated: Sep-28-15 1:50 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A grand jury has indicted a man who was captured in Florida 15 months after his parents were found strangled in their burning New Hampshire home.
- 3 vacant houses burn in Shreveport; woman booked with 1 Updated: Sep-28-15 12:34 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport firefighters are investigating the cause of three house fires on Sunday.
- Sheriff's office to serve subpoenas in triple slaying case Updated: Sep-28-15 8:03 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A state judge has ruled the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office can serve subpoenas in a Lockport triple murder case, even though it employs a victim's mother.
- 2 teens arrested over suspected arson at London mosque Updated: Sep-27-15 8:48 am
LONDON - British police have arrested two teenagers on suspicion of arson after a fire damaged one of Europe's biggest mosques.
- Clearfield man's home set on fire by woman he met online Updated: Sep-26-15 12:16 pm
CLEARFIELD, Utah - Authorities say a woman with a history of arson-related crimes set fire to a Clearfield apartment belonging to a man she met online.