- Man arrested and charged with burning Fayetteville church Updated: Nov-27-15 6:19 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Fayetteville have arrested a man and accused him of burning a church earlier this year.
- Detroit teen charged in slaying of 91-year-old neighbor Updated: Nov-25-15 6:37 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit teenager has been charged in the slaying of a 91-year-old neighbor whose home was later set on fire.
- Man arrested for starting house fire where body was found Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 am
NEWALLA, Oklahoma - Cleveland County authorities have arrested a man for arson in connection with a mobile home fire near Newalla where a woman's body was found.
- Arson charges filed in Oregon blaze that damaged 2 homes Updated: Nov-25-15 11:33 am
LEBANON, Oregon - Charges have been filed against a man accused of starting a fire that damaged two homes in Lebanon, Oregon.
- Man sentenced for attempted arson at Lincoln apartments Updated: Nov-25-15 8:09 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 37-year-old man has been given jail time and probation for assaulting another inmate and for attempting to set fire to a Lincoln apartment complex.
- Police: Long Island man threw firebomb into ex's home Updated: Nov-25-15 5:57 am
BALDWIN, New York - Police say a 21-year-old man set a Mercedes-Benz ablaze and threw a firebomb through an upstairs window of his ex-girlfriend's house - a week after he tried unsuccessfully to set the Long Island home on fire.
- Sentencing delayed for man charged in Hitching Post fire Updated: Nov-25-15 4:02 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The sentencing for a New Jersey man charged in a 2010 arson fire that destroyed the landmark Hitching Post Inn in Cheyenne has been postponed.
- Charleston father, son charged with arson Updated: Nov-24-15 5:23 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An investigation into a series of fires near Charleston has led to the arrests of a father and son.
- Reward offered for information on suspected arsons Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A $4,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for setting 86 suspected arsons that occurred between Aug. 30 and Oct. 21 of this year.
- Teen in Sierra Vista accused of arson at caregiver's home Updated: Nov-23-15 4:49 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - A teenager in Sierra Vista has been arrested for allegedly setting fire to his caregivers' home while they were asleep and may be charged as an adult.
- DA appeals judge's refusal to step down in fatal arson Updated: Nov-21-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Prosecutors have appealed a judge's refusal to step down from the retrial of a man charged with setting a fire that killed three Pittsburgh firefighters two decades ago.
- Woman convicted in arson of detective neighbor's house Updated: Nov-20-15 5:57 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A jury is convicting a suburban Philadelphia woman accused of burning down her neighbor's home last year because she blamed the detective who lived there for her son's arrest.
- Authorities: Brattleboro apartment fire was act of arson Updated: Nov-20-15 4:30 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Authorities say a Brattleboro fire that forced more than 40 people from their homes earlier this month was an act of arson.
- Firefighters report 5 more fires set in Auburn overnight Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
AUBURN, Washington - Firefighters say five fires were set overnight in the span of one block in Auburn that damaged vehicles.
- Jurors in Kitsap County get murder, arson case Updated: Nov-19-15 2:17 pm
PORT ORCHARD, Washington - Jurors in Kitsap County have started deliberating in the trial of a Bremerton woman accused of setting a fire that killed her longtime boyfriend.
- Man gets life without parole in 2008 murder of Vegas woman Updated: Nov-19-15 12:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 40-year-old man already serving prison time for arson has been sentenced to life without parole for killing a Las Vegas woman whose body was found in the desert more than seven years ago.
- Man to plead guilty to killing parents Updated: Nov-19-15 12:08 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A Manchester man captured in Florida 15 months after his parents were found strangled in their burning New Hampshire home is expected to plead guilty to murder charges and be sentenced next month.
- Alabama couple accused in Mississippi arson fire Updated: Nov-19-15 6:26 am
VANCLEAVE, Mississippi - Sheriff's deputies have arrested an Alabama couple on arson charges related to fire that destroyed a home in Vancleave, Mississippi.
- Former West Virginia trooper faces arson trial Updated: Nov-19-15 3:03 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former West Virginia state trooper will go on trial Feb. 2 on charges that he arranged to have his mobile home burned down.
- Fire marshals investigate arsons along Barbour County road Updated: Nov-08-15 1:00 pm
PHILIPPI, West Virginia - West Virginia fire marshals are investigating several arsons along State Route 57 in Barbour County.
- Man charged with setting fire to hotel room Updated: Nov-08-15 11:10 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A 32-year-old man has been arrested after police say he set fire to his South Florida hotel room.
- Fire destroys Anaheim townhomes, everybody safe Updated: Nov-06-15 8:47 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Fire raged through two Anaheim townhome fourplexes before dawn Friday, forcing residents to grab their children and pets and run for their lives.
- Transient arrested in fires at 2 churches in Dolan Springs Updated: Nov-06-15 7:31 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Mohave County authorities say a 78-year-old transient has been arrested in connection with fires at two churches in Dolan Springs.
- Police arrest man in West Seattle arsons Updated: Nov-06-15 5:58 pm
SEATTLE - Police have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with a series of fires set in West Seattle.
- Police: Homeowner shot at man trying to set fire to home Updated: Nov-06-15 4:56 am
FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - Police say a Cape Cod homeowner shot at a man he found trying to set his house on fire.