- Ex-friend: Was told about Indiana house explosion in advance Updated: Jul-06-15 5:13 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A man accused of blowing up his Indianapolis home for the insurance money, killing two neighbors and devastating a neighborhood in the process, told a former friend some days before the explosion that his house had blown up and that he wanted to buy a luxury car, the ex-friend testified Monday.
- Suspicious fire inside Phoenix Safeway Updated: Jul-06-15 11:45 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix fire crews are investigating a fire that broke out in a Safeway grocery store while dozens of shoppers and employees were inside.
- Del. fire officials investigating arson at swim club Updated: Jul-05-15 4:58 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is seeking suspects accused of deliberately starting a fire inside a Wilmington swim club complex.
- New Hampshire officials say fireworks ignited house fire Updated: Jul-05-15 10:28 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Fire officials in Nashua, New Hampshire, say fireworks set fire to the roof of a home there early Sunday morning.
- 2 juveniles arrested after brush fire in Lacey Updated: Jul-03-15 4:13 pm
LACEY, Washington - Police have arrested two juveniles in connection with a 1-acre brush fire in Lacey.
- Fire marshal: Florida church fire was accidental, not arson Updated: Jul-03-15 3:12 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - State investigators say a fire that destroyed a predominantly black church in Florida's capital was accidental and not the work of an arsonist.
- Salt Lake City fire investigating 2 fraternity houses fires Updated: Jul-03-15 1:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City fire officials say they're investigating whether two fires at University of Utah fraternity houses were intentionally set early Friday.
- Officials suspect arson in fatal Louisville building fire Updated: Jul-03-15 11:28 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Officials say they suspect an apartment building fire that killed two people in Louisville may have been intentionally set.
- Church fires not usually arson; weather found as cause in SC Updated: Jul-02-15 8:25 pm
GREELEYVILLE, South Carolina - As social media buzzed about church fires in the South, investigators announced Thursday that weather caused a destructive blaze at a predominantly black church in South Carolina.
- Oregon ballpark fire blamed on boys playing with fire Updated: Jul-02-15 4:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A massive fire that destroyed Eugene's historic Civic Stadium was caused by four boys playing with fire who fled when the flames got out of control, investigators said Thursday.
- State police believe arsonist responsible for SW Va fires Updated: Jul-02-15 3:02 am
ABINGDON, Virginia - Virginia State Police believe an arsonist is responsible for fires that have destroyed 18 vehicles and damaged a school outbuilding in Washington County in the past month.
- Man pleads guilty to starting Northern California wildfire Updated: Jul-01-15 8:50 pm
YREKA, California - A 25-year-old Northern California man has pleaded guilty to starting a wildfire that destroyed 157 homes and other structures in the city of Weed in September and forced thousands of residents to evacuate.
- Police arrest man accused of setting fire to CVS in riots Updated: Jul-01-15 8:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore police have arrested a man authorities say set fire to a CVS pharmacy during the height of the riots that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Jul-01-15 12:35 pm
Pope in US to meet with homeless, prisoners and immigrants
- Columbia businessman pleads not guilty in arson case Updated: Jul-01-15 12:26 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Police say a Columbia businessman charged with paying a man to set fire to a trailer hid in the attic of his home for hours before surrendering.
- Investigation leads to arrest of 6 in Oakdale arsons Updated: Jul-01-15 7:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A monthlong investigation by the State Fire Marshal's Office into a string of fires in Oakdale has resulted in the arrest of six people, including three Allen Parish volunteer firefighters.
- 2 men get prison in Missouri arson, insurance fraud case Updated: Jul-01-15 4:13 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two men have been sentenced to federal prison for arson and insurance conspiracy after authorities say they conspired to burn houses they bought and insured in Kansas City, Missouri.
- 3 indicted in brutal rape, killing of Baltimore teen Updated: Jun-30-15 6:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Three men have been indicted in the brutal sexual assault and slaying of a teenage girl whose body was discovered inside a Baltimore home that had been intentionally set on fire.
- Defense: Condemned man in fatal fire case should be retried Updated: Jun-30-15 3:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A defense attorney for an inmate who was convicted in the 2010 deaths of a south-central Oklahoma woman and her two children urged an appeals court Tuesday to reverse his death sentence because legal errors tainted his trial.
- Accelerant-sniffing Labrador joins New Orleans fire dept. Updated: Jun-29-15 4:09 am
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Fire Department is celebrating the arrival of a new four-legged recruit.
- Family members urge reforms after son's jail suicide Updated: Jun-28-15 6:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa family that lost a son to suicide in jail earlier this year is pushing for changes in the way people with mental illnesses are treated by authorities.
- Amandaville man wants to restore church damaged in arson Updated: Jun-28-15 9:49 am
ST. ALBANS, West Virginia - Six months after someone set fire to the Church of Deliverance United Holy Church in Amandaville, the smoke-charred brick and cinder block building stands abandoned and forlorn on Mary Street, where it has been a landmark for more than 100 years. The grass around the old church is neatly cut, but the church is boarded up.
- State Supreme Court upholds conviction in wife's arson death Updated: Jun-26-15 2:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has upheld the felony murder conviction of a Fort Scott man whose wife died in an arson fire.
- 4 firefighters injured battling Massachusetts mill fire Updated: Jun-25-15 8:44 pm
WEBSTER, Massachusetts - Four firefighters were injured battling a huge blaze that's still smoldering at a vacant mill complex in central Massachusetts.
- Fire at black Georgia church was arson, officials say Updated: Jun-25-15 7:01 pm
MACON, Georgia - A fire that damaged a predominantly black church in middle Georgia has been ruled arson, authorities say.