- Police: Woman accused of setting man on fire arrested Updated: May-24-15 3:11 pm
MECHANICSBURG, Pennsylvania - A woman accused of having tied a man to a bed, doused him with a flammable substance and set him on fire before fleeing in his van was later arrested in a neighboring county, authorities said.
- Ex-Iowa fire chief gets suspended sentence for lying Updated: May-23-15 6:35 pm
LOGAN, Iowa - A former Missouri Valley fire chief accused of lying to police about his credentials and the steps he was taking to investigate two suspected arsons has been given a suspended 30-day jail sentence.
- Owner sentenced to 7 years in Virginia furniture store fire Updated: May-23-15 12:11 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - A man whose Roanoke furniture outlet was heavily damaged in a 2008 fire has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison.
- Woman accused of setting home on fire for insurance money Updated: May-22-15 4:55 am
UNION, South Carolina - A Union woman is accused of setting fire to her mobile home with her two cats still inside.
- St. Paul man gets 5 years in prison for church fire Updated: May-22-15 4:26 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A 27-year-old man who pleaded guilty to starting a fire at a St. Paul church has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- ATF looking for people who set fires during Baltimore riots Updated: May-21-15 6:51 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal law enforcers are asking for the public's help in identifying people who set fires at stores and an under-construction senior center during the Baltimore riots in the wake of Freddie Gray's death.
- Fort Thompson man gets 3 ½ years in prison for arson Updated: May-21-15 8:07 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Fort Thompson man who admitted setting fire to an apartment duplex has been sentenced to 3 ½ years in federal prison.
- Monongalia County woman charged with office building arson Updated: May-21-15 7:58 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A Monongalia County woman faces federal charges of setting a fire that destroyed an office building in 2014.
- Arson suspect has bail reduced, trial stayed for appeal Updated: May-20-15 4:45 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - A man indicted on two counts of attempted second-degree murder and aggravated arson has had his bail reduced in 4th Judicial Court.
- Travelers alert family in home after spotting arson fire Updated: May-20-15 11:46 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A victim of an arson fire in Roswell is thankful that two travelers had trouble finding a relative's home.
- Man arrested, charged with arson in Ohio country club fire Updated: May-20-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Ohio - Authorities say a man has been arrested on charges alleging he started an early morning fire that destroyed a northeast Ohio country club.
- Authorities offer $10,000 after string of 15 arsons Updated: May-20-15 8:23 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - Officials are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for a string of 15 fires on Vancouver's west side.
- Boy, 15, charged with setting fire in high school bathroom Updated: May-20-15 6:10 am
SUMTER, South Carolina - Authorities say a Sumter County sheriff's deputy was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation after helping to fight a fire set by a student at Lakewood High School.
- 14-year-old boy charged in Aurora fire that damaged vehicles Updated: May-20-15 5:19 am
AURORA, Illinois - Authorities in Aurora say a 14-year-old boy was behind a weekend fire that caused $48,000 in damage to a dozen vehicles in a gated parking lot.
- Fire officials: Seattle house fire intentionally set Updated: May-20-15 5:05 am
SEATTLE - Fire officials say a fire in a south Seattle house was intentionally set. Seattle police responded as well after a burglar alarm went off in the house.
- Former Connecticut trooper sentenced to 12 ½ years for arson Updated: May-20-15 4:02 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - A former Connecticut state trooper was sentenced to 12 ½ years in prison in the October 2014 arson of his brother's Haddam home.
- Student arrested for arson after fire at SW Indiana school Updated: May-19-15 12:52 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Indiana - Police say a southwestern Indiana high school student has been charged with arson in connection with a fire at a school.
- Arson suspected in New Jersey police station fire Updated: May-19-15 8:05 am
TEWKSBURY, New Jersey - Authorities suspect a fire at a New Jersey police station was set.
- Man who admitted setting sub fire wants to revisit sentence Updated: May-18-15 9:14 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A former shipyard worker who pleaded guilty to setting fire to a nuclear-powered submarine but now says he didn't commit the crime wants a judge to revisit his sentence based on his claim that his lawyer was ineffective.
- Investigators look into fire set at police building Updated: May-18-15 4:19 pm
TEWKSBURY, New Jersey - Authorities say they are investigating a fire that appears to have been intentionally set at a northern New Jersey's police department and municipal office.
- Man accused of setting apartment fire Updated: May-18-15 2:19 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Police say a man has been accused of setting fire to another man's apartment following a possible domestic disturbance resulting in a motor vehicle accident.
- Man, 24, convicted of manslaughter, arson, in stabbing death Updated: May-17-15 6:58 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A 24-year-old man has been convicted of stabbing a 32-year-old Slidell woman to death in 2012, then setting her body afire.
- Man who set girlfriend on fire sentenced to 25 years Updated: May-15-15 7:13 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A judge has ordered a Puyallup man to spend 25 years in prison for killing his girlfriend by setting on fire at their South Hill home.
- Tempe woman accused of setting ex-boyfriend's house on fire Updated: May-15-15 5:05 pm
PHOENIX - A Tempe woman is accused of breaking into her ex-boyfriend's house and setting it on fire.
- Providence man found guilty of conspiring to commit arson Updated: May-15-15 11:33 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 40-year-old Providence man has been found guilty of orchestrating a scheme to set fire to a building in an effort to collect more than $725,000 in insurance.