- N. Indiana woman charged with arson after suicide attempt Updated: Jul-28-15 2:37 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana woman has been charged with arson for allegedly causing a house explosion by partially filling the home with gas during a suicide attempt.
- Man sentenced to 90 years for Maine murder, car fire Updated: Jul-28-15 1:53 pm
BANGOR, Maine - One of two men convicted of murder in a drug-related triple slaying followed by a car fire is being sentenced to 90 years in prison.
- Man faces arson charge for setting wife's home ablaze Updated: Jul-28-15 8:34 am
GOLDEN VALLEY, Arizona - A man has been arrested after allegedly setting fire to his estranged wife's Golden Valley home, a day after the woman had obtained a protective order against him.
- Police: Woman likely set house fire that took her life Updated: Jul-28-15 7:19 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Stamford woman found dead after a fire in her home apparently set the blaze.
- 2 juveniles charged with setting fire in Oakland Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 am
OAKLAND, Maine - Two juveniles have been charged for allegedly setting a fire at the site of the former Cascade Woolen Mill in Oakland.
- Correction: Movie Theater Shooting-Timeline story Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
In a timeline of the life of Louisiana movie theater gunman John Russell Houser, The Associated Press, relying on court filings his family's lawyer submitted to obtain a protective order against him in 2008, reported erroneously that a Carroll County probate judge ordered him committed involuntarily to a mental hospital. Judge Betty Cason says her order was limited to ordering deputies to deliver Houser against his will if necessary to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Larimer man lights self on fire in police standoff Updated: Jul-27-15 1:10 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A Larimer County man set himself on fire Sunday when police responded to a complaint about his shouting and acting erratically.
- Fire that destroyed West Virginia church ruled arson Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 pm
FORT GAY, West Virginia - Investigators say a fire that destroyed a Wayne County church has been ruled arson.
- Bond to remain at $5 million for Columbia businessman Updated: Jul-26-15 2:46 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Columbia businessman charged with hiring a man to set a fire will remain in jail on a $5 million cash-only bond.
- Woman who set trailer ablaze sentenced to prison Updated: Jul-25-15 6:22 pm
MADISON, Nebraska - A Norfolk woman convicted of setting fire to a mobile home was sentenced to 10 to 12 years in prison, prompting her to unleash a torrent of obscenities at the judge.
- Southern Utah University police arrest 18-year-old in fire Updated: Jul-24-15 1:55 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Southern Utah University police say a video they posted online helped them nab an 18-year-old suspected of starting a fire on campus.
- Woman accused in Norfolk fire convicted of threats Updated: Jul-24-15 10:40 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A 24-year-old Norfolk woman accused of starting a small fire in an apartment complex hallway has been convicted of making terroristic threats.
- Barbecue ban has woman arrested in Confederate flag burning Updated: Jul-24-15 9:58 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A woman is suspected of arson in the burning of a Confederate flag under a pavilion where barbecuing is banned.
- Police chief: Fire at Box Elder church may have been arson Updated: Jul-24-15 7:10 am
BOX ELDER, South Dakota - Authorities say a fire at a Box Elder church may have been arson.
- Evansville man allegedly set fire, left explosives Updated: Jul-23-15 3:25 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville police have arrested a 25-year-old man on charges alleging he set a fire at his apartment complex and left two explosive devices near a fast food restaurant.
- Cops: Man held in arson that killed brother who set fire Updated: Jul-23-15 1:19 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police have arrested a man on charges that he paid his brother to set fire to his northeastern Pennsylvania home as part of an insurance scam. The brother was burned setting the fire and died.
- Woman sentenced to prison for fire that killed her teen son Updated: Jul-23-15 12:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri woman who admitted scheming and setting a string of arson fires with her ex-husband to bilk hundreds of thousands of dollars from insurers was sentenced Thursday to eight years in federal prison for her role in a 2001 blaze that killed their 15-year-old son.
- Kickapoo police report 5 recent arsons Updated: Jul-23-15 12:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Authorities on the Kickapoo Reservation in northeast Kansas are asking for the public's help in figuring out who's been setting fire to hay bales.
- 12-year-old Kankakee boy charged with arson in store fire Updated: Jul-23-15 9:14 am
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Authorities say a 12-year-old Kankakee boy is charged with arson in a fire at a Family Dollar store earlier this month.
- Man pleads guilty to arson in attempt to burn in-laws' house Updated: Jul-23-15 8:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana man has pleaded guilty to arson after authorities say he tried to set his in-laws' house on fire and told officers he was kicked out of the home for cheating on his wife.
- Authorities: Man set garage on fire thinking wife was inside Updated: Jul-22-15 7:01 pm
UNDERWOOD, North Dakota - Law enforcement authorities are accusing a North Dakota man of intentionally setting a garage on fire believing his wife was inside.
- Sheriff's Office: Man pours gas on himself, sets it on fire Updated: Jul-22-15 11:43 am
ANTHEM, Arizona - Maricopa County authorities say a man was burned over most of his body after he set himself on fire with gasoline after a domestic dispute.
- In wake of riots and crime spike, Baltimore mayor under fire Updated: Jul-22-15 5:13 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake climbed onto the deck of an abandoned row house in Tuesday's sweltering summer heat and promised that "better is coming" as she promoted the restoration of a blighted block not far from where riots broke out earlier this year.
- Ex-union boss gets 19 years for arson, violence at worksites Updated: Jul-20-15 3:52 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia union boss was sentenced Monday to more than 19 years in prison for overseeing violence, vandalism and intimidation at nonunion work sites, including a Quaker meetinghouse.
- Fire that destroyed Huntington building ruled arson Updated: Jul-20-15 7:14 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A fire that destroyed an apartment building in Huntington has been ruled as arson.