- Man accused of setting fire, attempting 'suicide by cop' Updated: Oct-09-15 5:19 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Police have detained a man who they say set fire to his mother's house and then fled, saying he wanted police to shoot him.
- Man arrested on arson charges, faces 211 years if convicted Updated: Oct-08-15 11:18 am
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Authorities have arrested a man on arson charges after police say he intentionally lit a home on fire.
- Man gets nearly 6 years in prison in Salina arson case Updated: Oct-08-15 2:14 am
SALINA, Kansas - A 25-year-old man accused of setting three fires at the former Flamingo Motel in Salina has been sentenced to five years and 10 months in prison.
- 3 boys accused of setting Oregon ballpark fire get probation Updated: Oct-07-15 6:36 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Three boys accused of playing with fire and starting a massive blaze that destroyed a historic Oregon ballpark will spend up to five years on probation.
- New Jersey woman accused of setting cabin fire in New York Updated: Oct-06-15 7:22 am
CLINTON, New York - A New Jersey woman has been accused of intentionally setting a cabin on fire at a non-profit educational retreat center in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Judge denies bail for teenager accused in 5 arson fires Updated: Oct-06-15 3:26 am
ENFIELD, Connecticut - A judge has denied a reduced bail request for a Connecticut teenager accused of setting five arson fires.
- Police seek person who set cat on fire in Bremerton Updated: Oct-05-15 7:23 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - Bremerton police are searching for a person who set a cat on fire, leading to its death.
- Police arrest man for dousing victim, setting him on fire Updated: Oct-05-15 3:41 pm
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Hendersonville say a man has been arrested after they say he doused another man with gasoline and set him on fire.
- Arson trial starts for Sheridan man accused in office blaze Updated: Oct-05-15 1:59 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Trial started Monday in federal court in Casper for a man accused of setting a fire that damaged the Sheridan County Attorney's Office.
- Boy, 9, charged with arson in Idaho shed fire Updated: Oct-03-15 1:44 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Authorities have charged a 9-year-old boy with arson in connection with a fire that destroyed a shed behind a school near Twin Falls.
- Detroit mayor to help recruit Angels' Night volunteers Updated: Oct-03-15 4:00 am
DETROIT - The city of Detroit is seeking volunteers to help protect neighborhoods from arsonists by being vigilant over the Halloween period.
- Police: Man sets mattress on fire, faces arson charges Updated: Oct-02-15 7:58 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A Hagerstown man is facing arson-related charges after police say he set a mattress on fire while his 2-year-old child was at home and five residents were in an adjoining apartment.
- Man arrested in Topeka fire that left 1 injured Updated: Oct-02-15 6:30 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man has been arrested in connection with a fire that left one person injured in Topeka.
- Judge declares mistrial in Portland arson, murder case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County judge has declared a mistrial for two men accused of murder and arson.
- Arsonist hurled object to ignite fire at Planned Parenthood Updated: Oct-02-15 3:47 am
THOUSAND OAKS, California - An arsonist threw a container with flammable liquid through the window of a Southern California Planned Parenthood facility, setting off a small fire, authorities said.
- Man pleads no contest to setting woman on fire Updated: Oct-02-15 12:27 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A man has pleaded no contest to charges related to dousing a woman with a flammable liquid and setting her on fire during an argument at an apartment in Yakima.
- Man charged with setting fire in liquor store during riots Updated: Oct-01-15 8:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has been charged in a federal criminal complaint with setting a fire in liquor store during Baltimore's riots.
- Wrongfully convicted Frankton man to get $3M settlement Updated: Oct-01-15 5:14 pm
FRANKTON, Indiana - The attorney for a man who had his conviction overturned in a central Indiana school arson says a $3 million lawsuit settlement will let him make a fresh start.
- Man arrested in connection with fire at restaurant site Updated: Oct-01-15 7:16 am
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia man has been arrested in connection with a Center City fire that caused more than $1 million in damages.
- Henrico man charged with arson kills himself in jail Updated: Oct-01-15 6:41 am
HENRICO, Virginia - A Henrico man who had been charged with arson after being accused of setting fire to his parents' home has killed himself.
- Bloodhounds to help track down wildfire arsonists in Ky. Updated: Oct-01-15 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky forestry officials say they will use specially trained bloodhounds to try to track down people who set fires in the woods.
- Poplar Bluff man accused of arson, bomb threat Updated: Sep-30-15 9:09 am
POPLAR BLUFF, Missouri - A southeast Missouri man is jailed after allegedly setting two fires and phoning in a threat to blow up a building.
- Dolan Springs church fires result of arson, authorities say Updated: Sep-29-15 7:54 pm
DOLAN SPRINGS, Arizona - Authorities in Mohave County say two fires that heavily damaged and destroyed churches in Dolan Springs are the result of arson.
- Planned Parenthood to open temporary clinic after arson Updated: Sep-29-15 6:36 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Planned Parenthood officials will open a temporary health center while they rebuild their clinic damaged by arson earlier this month.
- Police: Woman doused boyfriend with bleach, set him on fire Updated: Sep-29-15 2:41 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - A woman has been arrested after police say she doused her boyfriend with bleach and rubbing alcohol and then set him on fire.