- Olympic winter sports body suspends ties with SportAccord Updated: May-27-15 7:24 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The association of Olympic winter sports has joined the exodus from umbrella organization SportAccord following Marius Vizer's attacks on the IOC.
- Olympic speedskater Morrison eyes return after accident Updated: May-26-15 7:24 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Denny Morrison came back from a broken left leg to win Olympic speedskating medals. He'll need all that resilience and more as he aims for the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- KHL looks to expand into China Updated: May-21-15 6:39 am
MOSCOW - The Kontinental Hockey League wants to expand into China, hoping to use a successful Chinese Winter Olympic bid to conquer the vast market.
- AP source: Babcock in contract talks with Buffalo Sabres Updated: May-19-15 5:12 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Though a deal has not been completed, Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had negotiations with the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday regarding the possibility of becoming their next head coach.
- Ex-world champion Asada to attempt a figure skating comeback Updated: May-18-15 6:24 am
TOKYO - Mao Asada is back into serious practice in a bid to return to figure skating at the elite level after taking a year off competition.
- Russia's Putin plays with NHL veterans, scoring 8 goals Updated: May-16-15 2:59 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has played in an exhibition hockey game and scored one goal after another on assists from retired NHL players.
- South Korea marks 1,000 days to 2018 Winter Olympics Updated: May-15-15 9:45 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea started its 1,000-day countdown to the 2018 Winter Olympics on Saturday with a variety of celebrations planned in the capital Seoul and around the host city of Pyeongchang.
- USOC makes $270 million for Winter-Olympic-year record Updated: May-15-15 5:58 pm
DENVER - The U.S. Olympic Committee brought in $270 million in 2014, surpassing the previous high mark for a Winter Olympics year by $29 million thanks in part to an increase in licensing income.
- Bode Miller keeps open possibility of return to ski team Updated: May-14-15 8:06 pm
At the moment, Bode Miller is preparing to change diapers, not charge down a mountain.
- Sochi hockey players start legal battle for pay Updated: May-13-15 1:29 pm
MOSCOW - Players at the Sochi hockey club that forms a major part of the legacy of last year's Winter Olympics are to start a legal battle over months of unpaid wages.
- Star Canadian speedskater breaks leg in motorcycle crash Updated: May-08-15 5:03 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Four-time Olympic speedskating medalist Denny Morrison of Canada broke his thigh bone in a motorcycle accident and will be out at least three months.
- Downhill champion Defago to help design Olympic ski courses Updated: May-06-15 10:53 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Olympic downhill gold medalist Didier Defago is starting a new career helping to design Alpine ski courses for the Winter Games.
- Vonn named honorary ambassador for Pyeongchang Olympics Updated: May-06-15 12:05 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean Olympic organizers have appointed U.S. skier Lindsey Vonn as an honorary ambassador for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang.
- Commonwealth Games officials visit Durban soon after attacks Updated: Apr-27-15 12:03 pm
DURBAN, South Africa - A Commonwealth Games evaluation team began a four-day visit of 2022 host candidate Durban on Monday, weeks after attacks on immigrants in the South African city left six people dead.