- Ganong looks for breakout year with Sochi looming Updated: Dec-05-13 6:06 pm
- Curling wants mixed doubles in Olympic program Updated: Dec-05-13 2:37 pm
- NY pushes Sochi Games advertisers on gay rights Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
- Knee on mend, Bode Miller feeling fit on course Updated: Dec-04-13 5:39 pm
- Hint of hippie in Burton Olympic snowboarder look Updated: Dec-04-13 1:42 pm
- Bach to travel to Brazil to check on Rio preps Updated: Dec-04-13 12:55 pm
- Ball State journalism students headed to Sochi Updated: Dec-04-13 4:08 am
- US Ski Team: Vonn cleared for downhill training Updated: Dec-03-13 10:28 pm
- USOC chairman signals intent to bid for 2024 Games Updated: Dec-03-13 6:43 pm
- Weibrecht ready to charge at Beaver Creek Updated: Dec-03-13 6:05 pm
- Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Vonn putting off knee surgery in hope of comeback Updated: Dec-01-13 11:44 am
- Holcomb gives US win in 4-man bobsled opener Updated: Nov-30-13 9:34 pm
- Russian activists urge IOC head Bach on gay rights Updated: Nov-30-13 5:32 pm
- Sweden wins women's title at Europeans Updated: Nov-30-13 2:55 pm
- East Timor skier, just 19, shoots for the Olympics Updated: Nov-30-13 12:14 am
- Pikus-Pace DQ'ed from win in World Cup opener Updated: Nov-29-13 8:55 pm
- Lara Gut wins season-opening World Cup downhill Updated: Nov-29-13 4:34 pm
- With knee progressing, Vonn gets in training runs Updated: Nov-29-13 1:13 pm
- WADA expects Russian lab to avoid Olympic ban Updated: Nov-29-13 11:51 am
- German anti-doping lab finds 266 steroids cases Updated: Nov-29-13 9:31 am
- Mancuso always seems to shine on biggest stages Updated: Nov-28-13 7:53 pm
- Brazil risking reputation on World Cup, Olympics Updated: Nov-28-13 9:26 am
- US has plenty of depth on speed team Updated: Nov-27-13 6:03 pm
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Travis Ganong has been this can't-miss talent for years, the U.S. downhill skier always on the precipice of big things.
Curling officials will apply to add mixed doubles to the Olympic program in time for the Pyeongchang Games in South Korea in 2018.
ALBANY, New York - New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (duh-NAP'-oh-lee) and New York City Comptroller John Liu (loo) are pressuring Olympic advertisers to speak out against Russia's restrictions on gay and transgender rights before the Sochi Winter Games begin in February.
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colorado - Bode Miller banged his way through the giant slalom course as only he can, scraping his knuckle in a fall and later bloodying his elbow after a collision with a gate.
NEW YORK - The U.S. snowboarders will be showing off a patchwork of styles in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
LONDON - Warning that Brazil has "no time to lose," new International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach will travel soon to Rio de Janeiro to check on the troubled preparations for the 2016 Games.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Student journalists from a Ball State University immersive learning program are heading to Sochi, Russia, for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta - Lindsey Vonn was cleared to get back on a World Cup course for downhill training, the latest step as she works to return from a right knee injury and get ready for the Sochi Olympics.
The chairman of the U.S. Olympic Committee says "it is our intention to bid" for the 2024 Olympics if a number of criteria are met - the strongest indication yet that the United States will put forth a bid city by the end of next year.
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Early in his career, Andrew Weibrecht constantly flirted with the line between foolhardy and fast on a downhill course.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Brian Boitano has never spent time with Max Aaron, and he's looking forward to it as much as Aaron is.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
VAIL, Colorado - Lindsey Vonn is delaying further surgery on her right knee for as long as possible in hopes of skiing at the Sochi Olympics.
CALGARY, Alberta - Steven Holcomb piloted USA-1 to a win in the opening World Cup four-man bobsled race of the season on Saturday, a perfect start to the Olympic season for the driver who guided the Americans to a gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
PARIS - IOC President Thomas Bach has met with Russian gay rights activists who urged an investigation ahead of the Sochi Olympics into national laws banning "gay propaganda."
STAVANGER, Norway - Sweden warmed up for the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February by beating Scotland 10-5 to win the women's title at the European Curling Championship on Saturday, and Switzerland defeated host nation Norway to capture gold in the men's tournament.
BRISBANE, Australia - When Yohan Goutt Goncalves decided he wanted to become a Winter Olympian, he discovered he'd have to form his own federation first.
Noelle Pikus-Pace was all smiles after winning the season's first World Cup skeleton race.
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Lara Gut likes a downhill course icy and extreme, with just a touch of technical elements along the way.
VAIL, Colorado - Lindsey Vonn is energized by her progress in recovering from a knee injury and might be in the starting gate next week in Canada.
ZURICH - The World Anti-Doping Agency expects the Russian laboratory assigned to test samples at the Sochi Olympics to meet Sunday's deadline for improving its operations.
ZURICH - A German anti-doping laboratory using a new steroid test has found 266 positive cases in the past year and is finding other positives in retesting of old samples.
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Julia Mancuso is in a healthy place these days, a "good place" as she refers to it.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Preparing for the World Cup and Olympics is putting Brazil's reputation on the line, giving South America's biggest country a chance to boost its profile while also exposing it to mounting pressure and unrelenting scrutiny.
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Lindsey Vonn is banged up and unsure of her plans heading into the Sochi Games.