- USA Luge National Team named for 2016-2017 season Updated: May-04-16 5:00 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - Three-time Olympian Erin Hamlin and Chris Mazdzer head USA Luge's national team that will race World Cup next season.
- Ex minister nominated to head 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Games Updated: May-04-16 5:55 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean organizers have officially selected former government minister Lee Hee-beom as the new head of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there is a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.
- 2018 Winter Games chief quits; ex minister set to step in Updated: May-03-16 9:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A former South Korean government minister was nominated to take over the organizing committee of the 2018 Winter Olympics on Tuesday, just hours after Cho Yang-ho quit amid escalating financial troubles at the business group his family controls.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski to be Olympic correspondents Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
NEW YORK - Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski will serve as correspondents for NBC's coverage of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 pm
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- US Olympians get nautical look for Rio's closing ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 1:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic athletes from the United States will look ready to sail back home when they attend the closing ceremony at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Olympic skating scandal official in 4-man race to lead ISU Updated: Apr-27-16 4:39 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A French official who was suspended in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic figure skating judging scandal is running in the International Skating Union's presidential election.
- Discovery reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
LONDON - Finnish broadcaster YLE has reached a deal with Discovery Communications for domestic TV rights for the 2018 and 2020 Olympics.
- 3 Russian speed skaters have doping suspensions lifted Updated: Apr-21-16 12:44 pm
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's speed skating federation says three Russians, including an Olympic gold medalist, have had their provisional doping suspensions lifted after a change in guidelines on meldonium cases.
- Switzerland opens process for 2026 Winter Olympic bid Updated: Apr-20-16 1:55 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Davos and St. Moritz want to mount another bid for the Winter Olympics, this time teaming up with Zurich for a shot at the 2026 Games.
- Apolo Ohno to be inducted into US Speedskating Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-11-16 5:29 pm
KEARNS, Utah - Eight-time Olympic medalist Apolo Ohno is being inducted into the U.S. Speedskating Hall of Fame next month.
- Column: Athletes are actors in sports' tragedies Updated: Apr-06-16 7:04 pm
PARIS - By the fourth round it already was clear - although not to Nick Blackwell himself - that he was going to lose. Chris Eubank Jnr.'s uppercuts were snapping Blackwell's head violently backward, like a crash-test dummy slammed into a wall. But because the British middleweight champion kept coming back for more, the referee allowed the savage beating to continue for another six rounds until Blackwell's left eye was so grotesquely swollen that a ringside doctor ruled he couldn't continue.