- Commonwealth Games officials visit Durban soon after attacks Updated: Apr-27-15 12:03 pm
DURBAN, South Africa - A Commonwealth Games evaluation team began a four-day visit of 2022 host candidate Durban on Monday, weeks after attacks on immigrants in the South African city left six people dead.
- Sweden mulls 2026 Winter Games bid after aborted '22 effort Updated: Apr-23-15 9:36 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Stockholm is mulling a run for the 2026 Winter Olympics based on the concept of its aborted bid for the 2022 Games.
- IIHF says won't be easy to get NHL players to 2018 Olympics Updated: Apr-21-15 9:21 am
SOCHI, Russia - International Ice Hockey Federation president Rene Fasel says it will "not be easy" to reach a deal for NHL players to compete at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Olympic hockey team doctor attacked at cemetery Updated: Apr-21-15 8:40 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A 94-year-old physician who served as team doctor for five U.S. men's Olympic hockey squads has suffered serious injuries in an attack while visiting his wife's grave.
- Sport federations' chief Marius Vizer attacks IOC Updated: Apr-20-15 10:47 am
SOCHI, Russia - The head of the association representing international sports federations launched a scathing attack on the IOC on Monday, accusing the Olympic body of running a system that is "expired, outdated, wrong, unfair and not at all transparent."
- Bidding race for 2024 Olympics starting to get crowded Updated: Apr-13-15 1:18 pm
LONDON - Even though the race hasn't officially started, the field for the 2024 Olympics is getting more crowded by the day.
- Group cites possible risks for sex workers at Pan Am Games Updated: Apr-10-15 1:27 pm
TORONTO - An advocacy group is concerned sex workers' safety could be at risk if police launch sweeps to clean up city streets leading to this summer's Pan American Games.
- Pyeongchang appoints experts to help on Olympic ceremonies Updated: Apr-10-15 7:29 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Organizers of the 2018 Winter Olympics have appointed a group of international experts as consultants on the opening and closing ceremonies of the Pyeongchang Games.
- KHL team in Sochi leaves players unpaid for 2 months Updated: Apr-09-15 12:32 pm
MOSCOW - The Kontinental Hockey League team in Sochi, a major part of the Russian city's legacy from last year's Winter Olympics, has not paid its players in more than two months.
- Russian lawmaker pushes to restrict athletes to 2 Olympics Updated: Apr-07-15 1:41 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian parliament will consider a proposal to bar athletes from competing in more than two Olympics in a bid to keep older, injury-prone athletes from denying places to younger competitors.
- Venue names for 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics chosen Updated: Apr-07-15 3:27 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Organizers of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang say they have selected names for the event venues that will be easy for both Korean and non-Korean speakers to identify.
- Samsung to sponsor 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Updated: Apr-06-15 6:50 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Organizers of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang signed a corporate sponsorship deal worth 100 billion won ($92 million) with Samsung Group on Monday.