- Fischnaller wins luge WCup opener; Germany takes team relay Updated: Nov-29-15 9:44 am
IGLS, Austria - Italian luger Dominik Fischnaller won the season-opening World Cup race Sunday after first-run leader Felix Loch was disqualified for an equipment irregularity, while Germany dominated the team relay.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Vonn, Shiffrin may be in for robust rivalry this season Updated: Nov-26-15 12:53 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Over hot chocolate, Lindsey Vonn and Mikaela Shiffrin recently had their first real heart-to-heart chat.
- Russian Biathlon Union accepts fine over 2014 doping cases Updated: Nov-26-15 8:13 am
SALZBURG, Austria - The Russian Biathlon Union is accepting a fine of 100,000 euros ($106,000) over three doping cases, including two that came ahead of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Olympic medalist and world champion Steven Langton retires Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 am
LAKE PLACID, New York - Steven Langton has retired from bobsledding, ending his career with two world championship gold medals and two bronze medals from the Sochi Olympics.
- 2 World Cup luge events in US means more exposure Updated: Nov-21-15 1:55 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - Luge is the fastest sport on ice and breathtaking for fans watching the competitors whiz by face-up and feet-first on their fiberglass sleds.
- Julia Mancuso healing after hip surgery Updated: Nov-19-15 8:26 pm
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colorado - American skier Julia Mancuso went in for a simple hip surgery - if there is such a thing - and 5 1/2 hours later had one that was completely overhauled.
- Austrian cross-country skier suspended in doping probe Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
VIENNA - Austrian cross-country skier Harald Wurm was provisionally suspended amid a doping investigation on Thursday, a week before the World Cup season starts.
- The main players in the Russian doping scandal Updated: Nov-09-15 2:48 pm
MOSCOW - Following the release of an explosive report into Russian doping, here is a look at some of the main players in the scandal:
- Q&A on the Russian doping scandal Updated: Nov-09-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - The report that damned Russia's record on doping in athletics was even more damaging than expected.
- Yeo appointed sec-gen of Pyeongchang organizing committee Updated: Nov-09-15 12:06 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Yeo Hyeong-gu was appointed secretary-general of the organizing committee for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics and went straight to work Monday at a staff meeting in Seoul.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.
- Vonn needs thumb stitches because of her fighting dogs Updated: Nov-07-15 5:43 pm
Lindsey Vonn was bitten by the injury bug again. This time, really bitten.
- China approves budget for 2022 Winter Olympics rail link Updated: Nov-04-15 7:28 am
BEIJING - China has approved the budget for a 58.41 billion yuan ($9.22 billion) high-speed rail project connecting Beijing to the outdoor venues for the 2022 Winter Olympics, a crucial piece of infrastructure for staging the games.