- Krakow's deputy mayor to lead Winter Games bid Updated: Apr-17-14 10:44 am
- Ukraine 2022 Olympic bid on hold but still alive Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 am
- Tippett to coach Canada at world championships Updated: Apr-16-14 10:15 pm
- Bruins' Bergeron gets boost from Olympics Updated: Apr-16-14 4:45 pm
- IOC official: Slopestyle injuries 'unacceptable' Updated: Apr-12-14 5:16 pm
- No rest for the Olympic champs Davis, White Updated: Apr-11-14 3:03 pm
- IOC formally disqualifies 2 Sochi athletes Updated: Apr-09-14 12:24 pm
- Russia: Intelligence help prevented Sochi attacks Updated: Apr-09-14 6:34 am
- AG, Olympian team up for alcohol awareness Updated: Apr-09-14 6:10 am
- After Sochi, IOC turns attention to delays in Rio Updated: Apr-07-14 4:32 am
- Olympic athletes get their White House moment Updated: Apr-03-14 4:39 pm
- Shiffrin laughs about saying she dreams of 5 golds Updated: Apr-03-14 1:59 pm
- Judo shoots down Winter Olympics suggestion Updated: Apr-02-14 1:06 pm
- Reno parade will honor Olympic champ David Wise Updated: Apr-02-14 7:04 am
- Olympic medalist to speak at GSU commencement Updated: Apr-02-14 4:34 am
- Ng, Takeda appointed to head 2 key IOC commissions Updated: Apr-01-14 7:03 pm
- Jones to run shuttle hurdle at Drake Relays Updated: Apr-01-14 6:50 pm
- Canada's Wickenheiser had broken foot in Sochi Updated: Apr-01-14 5:07 pm
- Sabres sticking with Nolan, who signs 3-year deal Updated: Mar-31-14 4:38 pm
- Linger brothers retire after missing 3rd luge gold Updated: Mar-30-14 12:37 pm
- Vonn hopes to return to racing in early December Updated: Mar-29-14 6:15 pm
- Mao Asada wins world championship title Updated: Mar-29-14 9:31 am
- French ski great Killy resigns as IOC member Updated: Mar-28-14 1:22 pm
- Speedskater Sven Kramer breaks with coach Kemkers Updated: Mar-28-14 8:15 am
- Dumont draws Sochi medalists for slopestyle event Updated: Mar-27-14 6:35 pm
KRAKOW, Poland - Krakow's deputy mayor was chosen Thursday to lead the Polish city's candidacy for the 2022 Winter Olympics following the resignation of the previous bid chief.
LONDON - With the crisis in Ukraine escalating by the day, the prospect of the Winter Olympics going to the former Soviet republic seems hard to imagine. Yet, the western Ukrainian city of Lviv hasn't given up on its bid for the 2022 Games.
Dave Tippett will coach Team Canada at the upcoming world hockey championships.
MONACO - Maybe Shaun White was right all along.
NEW YORK - After years of hard work and outstanding performances culminated in an Olympic gold medal, Meryl Davis and Charlie White would seem to deserve some down time.
BELEK, Turkey - The IOC has formally disqualified an Austrian cross-country skier and Polish bobsledder who failed doping tests during the Sochi Olympics six weeks ago.
MOSCOW - Russia's security service chief says intelligence agencies in Russia and other countries helped to prevent terrorist attacks on the Winter Games in Sochi.
Bismarck, North Dakota - The state attorney general is teaming up with an Olympic medalist to raise awareness about the dangers of underage drinking.
With the Sochi Olympics behind them, IOC leaders are gathering in Turkey this week amid growing alarm over Brazil's troubled preparations for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama surrounded themselves with Olympians and Paralympians Thursday, saluting their success at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, praising their perseverance and marveling at their performances.
WASHINGTON - Remember when U.S. skier Mikaela Shiffrin talked about dreaming of winning five gold medals at the 2018 Olympics? She'd like to take that back. Sort of.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The head of judo's world governing body has fired back at international cycling's new chief for suggesting the martial art could be moved to the Winter Olympics.
RENO, Nevada - The city of Reno has announced plans for a parade later this month to honor Olympic skiing champion David Wise.
ATLANTA - Georgia State University officials say a two-time Olympic medalist has been chosen to deliver the keynote address at the school's spring commencement.
LONDON - IOC President Thomas Bach filled several key positions Tuesday - including in finance, marketing and anti-doping - as he put his own stamp on the Olympic body that continues to take shape since his election six months ago.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Drake Relays director Brian Brown said Tuesday that Lolo Jones will run the shuttle hurdle relay rather than the 100-meter hurdles at her hometown meet later this month.
TORONTO - It's a secret Hayley Wickenheiser could no longer hide.
BUFFALO, New York - Sabres coach Ted Nolan will keep building what he started in Buffalo - minus the interim tag.
VIENNA - Austrian lugers Andreas and Wolfgang Linger have announced their retirement, less than six weeks after the brothers failed to win a record third straight Olympic gold medal in the doubles competition.
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado - Lindsey Vonn knows it was just some youthful exuberance when teenager Mikaela Shiffrin playfully announced she was dreaming of winning five gold medals at the next Winter Olympics.
SAITAMA, Japan - Mao Asada of Japan topped the free skate on Saturday to capture her third world figure skating title.
French ski great Jean-Claude Killy has resigned as a member of the International Olympic Committee, declaring it's time to move on after spending the past seven years heading the oversight panel for the Winter Games in Sochi.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch speedskater Sven Kramer says he is parting ways with coach Gerard Kemkers, five weeks after he won two gold medals at the Sochi Winter Olympics.
NEWRY, Maine - Freestyle skier Simon Dumont has assembled quite a field for his end-of-the-year slopestyle contest, bringing in all three Olympic medalists.