- Lemonade Day is opportunity for kids to learn about business Updated: May-27-15 8:39 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Lemonade Day is still more than a month away, but Khloe Barnhill already knows how her stand will be decorated.
- Benchmark program takes aim at helping Michigan wineries Updated: May-27-15 4:14 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A benchmarking program focused on Michigan wineries and vineyards could help managers hone in on higher profits.
- Craft? Micro? Increasingly, 'nanobrews' slake local thirst Updated: May-27-15 2:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The craft beer industry is getting bigger and smaller at the same time.
- Correction: Charlottesville-Brewing Certificate story Updated: May-26-15 11:07 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - In a story May 24 about a certificate program in craft brewing, The Associated Press misidentified two people. Levi Duncan is the lead brewer at Champion Brewing Company in Charlottesville, not the owner. Hunter Smith is the brewery's owner and head brewer.
- Trump Organization opens 10-room B&B at Virginia mansion Updated: May-26-15 10:39 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Virginia bed-and-breakfast owned by the Trump Organization has opened its doors to the public.
- Trump opens 10-room B&B on Charlottesville mansion Updated: May-26-15 10:32 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Charlottesville bed-and-breakfast owned by the Trump Organization has opened its doors to the public.
- Authors to discuss trends in bourbon industry Updated: May-26-15 4:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Eight authors who have written books about bourbon are scheduled to open a days-long event giving participants a behind-the-scenes look at Kentucky's bourbon industry.
- Ferry breakdown strands Alaska brew festival attendees Updated: May-25-15 3:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Hundreds of people attending an Alaska beer festival were stranded because of a broken down ferry.
- Theme picked for airport terminal renovation in Louisville Updated: May-25-15 9:19 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville International Airport officials have selected a craft and distilling design theme as part of an $8 million renovation of the airport's terminal.
- Artsy coffee chain Blue Bottle brews long queues in Tokyo Updated: May-25-15 3:14 am
TOKYO - Japan, famous for green tea, is welcoming artisanal American coffee roaster Blue Bottle with long lines that have at times meant a four-hour wait for a cup.
- Group seeks donations to help pay for summer food program Updated: May-21-15 10:10 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - For about one-third of local schoolchildren, summer vacation isn't just a break from classes and homework.
- Bleisure Bits: Whisky primer at Glasgow's Pot Still Updated: May-21-15 9:11 am
GLASGOW, Scotland - Wreathed in myth and steeped in tradition, the wild and wonderful world of scotch whisky can take decades to explore.
- Wine Country bypass under construction, won't help this year Updated: May-20-15 4:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The good news is that the Newberg-Dundee Bypass is well into construction.
- Craft beer trail to showcase Kalamazoo area's offerings Updated: May-18-15 9:35 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Craft beer lovers are getting a new way to check out the Kalamazoo area's offerings.
- More craft beer operations expected to open in Bowling Green Updated: May-17-15 5:50 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - The craft beer movement is growing in Bowling Green.
- Ocean City craft brew scene expands again Updated: May-16-15 2:58 pm
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Two breweries, Backshore Brewing Co. and Ocean City Brewing Co., have found a home in Ocean City while a third, De Lazy Lizard, decided to pack off to Snow Hill after a fire in February badly damaged its building.
- Florida governor signs bill to allow 64-ounce beer growlers Updated: May-14-15 7:41 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The vexing battle over beer sizes in Florida is finally coming to end.
- Craft distillery to open in Culpepper County Updated: May-14-15 2:56 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A craft distillery called Old House Distillery will open in Culpepper County.
- Duke to provide water to NC residents with tainted wells Updated: May-13-15 7:04 pm
DUKEVILLE, North Carolina - Duke Energy says it will begin delivering bottled water to homeowners living near its coal ash pits in North Carolina, even as the nation's largest electricity company denies responsibility for its neighbors' tainted wells.
- Police: Don't chase bears while drunk and wielding a hatchet Updated: May-12-15 3:13 pm
NORTH ADAMS, Massachusetts - Police in Massachusetts have some sage advice: Don't go chasing after bears while drunk and armed with nothing more than a dull hatchet.
- Report: Binge drinking by young people is increasing Updated: May-12-15 9:44 am
PARIS - Alcohol consumption in wealthy, developed countries has declined over the past two decades but dangerous binge drinking has increased among the young, according to a new study released Tuesday.
- Trial likely postponed for woman tied to fatal wreck Updated: May-11-15 6:34 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Purvis woman charged with providing alcoholic drinks to six teenagers prior to a September wreck that killed three of the teens will likely have her trial postponed.
- Bottled-water business in California grows despite drought Updated: May-10-15 1:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A new Crystal Geyser Water Co. plant opening at the foot of Mount Shasta is adding to criticism of companies that are bottling water in California's drought.
- 100-year-old Rapid City firehouse is now restaurant, brewery Updated: May-10-15 12:25 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The historic Main Street firehouse in Rapid City is still serving a purpose in the community 100 years after it opened, if not for what it was originally intended.
- WSU scientists prefer screw tops over corks for fine wine Updated: May-10-15 11:01 am
SPOKANE, Washington - They don't stand on snobbishness when it comes to making wine at Washington State University.