- Gilead beats Street 2Q forecasts on surge in sales, profit Updated: Jul-28-15 6:49 pm
Blockbuster hepatitis C medicine Harvoni propelled Gilead Sciences Inc.'s second-quarter profit up 23 percent as total revenue for the biotech drugmaker jumped 26 percent and it raised its 2015 sales forecast for the second time. Its shares jumped in after-hours trading.
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- Central Indiana county launching needle-exchange next week Updated: Jul-28-15 2:10 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A central Indiana county that won state approval last month to run a needle-exchange program will launch its push next week to combat the spread of diseases among intravenous drug users.
- Merck tops Street 2Q forecasts despite lower sales, profit Updated: Jul-28-15 10:16 am
Merck & Co.'s second-quarter profit plunged by two-thirds, hammered by the sale of its consumer business, unfavorable currency exchange rates, lower sales of some key drugs and hefty one-time charges.
- Health Department issues advisory about Hepatitis C increase Updated: Jul-28-15 3:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Health wants residents to become more aware of Hepatitis C, saying the rate of acute cases in the state has more than tripled in the last seven years.
- Bristol-Myers wins approval for 1st hepatitis C type 3 drug Updated: Jul-24-15 6:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - An experimental drug for one of the hardest-to-treat types of hepatitis C has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, adding to the surge of new options - all much more effective but extremely costly - for patients with the liver-destroying virus.
- Federal judge says $50,000 sentence in hepatitis case stays Updated: Jul-24-15 5:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - A federal judge says mistake or not a clinic chief connected to the largest medical office hepatitis C outbreak in Nevada history will pay $50,000 in restitution to overbilled insurers and companies, not $2.2 million prosecutors sought.
- Bristol-Myers says HIV drug gets FDA incentives Updated: Jul-21-15 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - Bristol-Myers said Tuesday that federal regulators will help speed up development for one of its experimental HIV drugs.
- Pricey successor overtakes $1,000-per-pill hepatitis C drug Updated: Jul-13-15 4:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The $1,000 pill for a liver-wasting viral infection that made headlines last year is no longer the favorite of patients and doctors.
- Rise in heroin use, hepatitis C infections worries officials Updated: Jul-06-15 3:53 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The rise of heroin usage and subsequent surge in hepatitis C infections in central Ohio has state health officials considering new ways to combat the issue, including a needle-exchange program.