- Efforts underway to prevent hepatitis C outbreaks Updated: Dec-10-13 1:46 pm
- C. Ind. mayor dies after suffering liver cancer Updated: Dec-10-13 1:41 pm
- FDA approves breakthrough hepatitis C drug Updated: Dec-06-13 5:53 pm
- Michigan med tech faces sentence in New Hampshire Updated: Dec-01-13 2:42 pm
- Park County explores surge in hepatitis C cases Updated: Nov-25-13 5:32 pm
- FDA clears Johnson & Johnson hepatitis C drug Updated: Nov-22-13 8:46 pm
- Gilead gets EU recommendation on hepatitis C drug Updated: Nov-22-13 10:26 am
- Diet supplement maker, seller sued in Hawaii Updated: Nov-20-13 5:45 pm
- Vertex sells Incivo royalty rights for $152M Updated: Nov-20-13 9:25 am
- Park County looks for ways to combat hepatitis C Updated: Nov-19-13 11:10 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - David Kwiatkowski's six-month stint at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs medical center was about to end in 2008 when a doctor proposed extending the traveling technician's contract. Don't do it, one nurse warned.
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The mayor of a central Indiana city has died just days after his family said he had ended treatment for a recurrence of liver cancer and was in home hospice care.
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a highly anticipated hepatitis C drug from Gilead Sciences Inc. that is expected to offer a faster, more palatable cure to millions of people infected with the liver-destroying virus.
LIVONIA, Michigan - Victims of an ex-hospital technician from Michigan who infected patients with hepatitis C are getting a chance to face him, and some are traveling from Kansas to New Hampshire to do it.
POWELL, Wyoming - Health officials are investigating an increase in reported cases of the liver disease hepatitis C among young people in Park County, with evidence suggesting needle sharing among intravenous drug users might be to blame.
WASHINGTON - Federal regulators on Friday approved a new drug from Johnson & Johnson for use in treating chronic hepatitis C infections.
FOSTER CITY, California - Gilead Sciences said Friday that an advisory committee in the European Union is recommending that its hepatitis C drug Sovaldi receive marketing approval.
HONOLULU - A woman from Hawaii's Big Island is suing two companies who made and sold a dietary supplement that was pulled from shelves as state health officials investigate links to cases of hepatitis and liver failure.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is selling its product royalty rights for the hepatitis C treatment Incivo for $152 million to Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceutica.
POWELL, Wyoming - State and local health officials are looking for ways to control hepatitis C cases in Park County, which roughly doubled from 2011 to 2012.