- Pennsylvania's new online voter registration launched Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday that Pennsylvania is now the 23rd state in the country to provide online voter registration. Here's a look at how the system works and what it means for taxpayers and voters:
- Comptroller seeks AG opinion on Abbott's line-item vetoes Updated: Aug-26-15 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' comptroller is seeking an opinion from the state attorney general on how to proceed after officials questioned the constitutionality of some of Gov. Gregg Abbott's line-item budget vetoes.
- Lawmakers see own funds dwindle in Pennsylvania budget fight Updated: Aug-20-15 7:49 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The country's largest full-time Legislature will soon have to decide where it will get the money to pay thousands of employees and other costs as its surplus, once more than $200 million, is rapidly dwindling amid Pennsylvania's budget crisis.
- Attorneys spar over secretary of state cuts Updated: Aug-14-15 11:07 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Secretary of State Doug La Follette tried to persuade a judge Friday to temporarily block provisions in the state budget that slash La Follette's budget by nearly 50 percent, arguing the cuts have crippled his office and he can't fulfill his duties.
- Judge rules Indiana lawmakers can keep emails private Updated: Aug-12-15 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state representative's emails and other correspondence with utility company officials about proposed legislation can remain private, a Marion County judge has ruled.
- Federal report finds bias in St. Louis County family court Updated: Jul-31-15 4:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Department of Justice released a report critical of the St. Louis County Family Court on Friday, finding that black youths are treated more harshly than whites, and juveniles are often deprived of constitutional rights. Though unrelated to the department's investigation in Ferguson, the new report again raises concern about racial discrimination and profiling in the St. Louis region.