- Developer has high hopes for Charlotte building restoration Updated: Feb-12-16 5:21 pm
CHARLOTTE, Michigan - A developer hopes his plans to restore a pair of nearly 150-year-old buildings will help transform a north-side neighborhood in Charlotte.
- Hogan submits funding for plan to fight Baltimore blight Updated: Feb-11-16 4:43 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan budgeted $18 million on Thursday to support a plan to address urban blight in Baltimore by demolishing thousands of vacant buildings over four years.
- 11 new buildings planned for downtown Portland Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland real estate owners have revealed a plan to bring $1.5 billion in investment to transform one of the city's oldest neighborhoods.
- Fire destroys large warehouse building in Highland Park Updated: Feb-03-16 8:04 pm
HIGHLAND PARK, Michigan - A fire destroyed a large warehouse building in the Detroit enclave of Highland Park, sending clouds of smoke into the air that forced some living nearby from their homes.
- Lawmakers again seek tax break for Grand Canyon University Updated: Feb-02-16 1:32 pm
PHOENIX - Lawmakers are again seeking a big property tax break for a growing private Christian university in Phoenix, reviving an effort to benefit Grand Canyon University that was derailed over constitutional concerns in 2014.
- Omaha men begin efforts for $2 million park revitalization Updated: Feb-01-16 12:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two Omaha residents are planning to revitalize a now dilapidated childhood playground in the Dundee neighborhood.
- Real estate experts: TOPS helps fuel LSU apartment boom Updated: Feb-01-16 11:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Real estate experts say the neighborhoods around LSU are in the middle of an unprecedented apartment construction boom and it's being fueled, in part, by the TOPS scholarship program.
- Few US neighborhoods affordable, walkable with good schools Updated: Jan-27-16 4:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Few neighborhoods can match the perks of Adams Morgan in Washington, D.C. - a reality that reflects a broader problem for the U.S. housing market.
- Library systems amassing assortment of donated artifacts Updated: Jan-24-16 10:01 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - A harness-racing sulky hangs from the ceiling in a historical wing of the Delaware Main Library.
- Sioux City officials look to protect historic neighborhood Updated: Jan-23-16 4:23 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials are exploring a plan to help protect the historic status of the city's Rose Hill neighborhood.
- LeBron James enters reality TV fray with 'Cleveland Hustles' Updated: Jan-14-16 5:40 pm
PASADENA, California - LeBron James is getting into reality TV. Think business, not catfights.