- Event marks Dearborn neighborhood's historic designation Updated: Sep-30-15 9:52 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A celebration is planned for a Dearborn neighborhood that's been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Henry Ford Health System plans $110 million cancer center Updated: Sep-28-15 9:13 am
DETROIT - Henry Ford Health System plans to build a $110 million cancer center in Detroit as part of a $500 million expansion and neighborhood improvement project, officials announced Monday.
- Biden: Change in attitudes will improve police relations Updated: Sep-21-15 4:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden said relations between police and the communities they serve will improve when both sides acknowledge and value each other.
- Deal made to save 3 Portland trees; South Park creator helps Updated: Sep-18-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A deal has been reached in Portland to save three sequoias a developer planned to cut down to make room for new homes.
- Ribbon-cutting held for renovated apartments in Detroit Updated: Sep-17-15 1:06 pm
DETROIT - Another piece has been added to Detroit's ever-improving Midtown neighborhood with the renovation of a once-aging and drab apartment building.
- Manhattan subway extension opens in booming neighborhood Updated: Sep-13-15 6:54 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's first new subway station in a quarter-century opened Sunday, linking Times Square to a booming neighborhood on Manhattan's far West Side at 34th Street.
- Manhattan subway extension opens in booming neighborhood Updated: Sep-13-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - The city's first new subway station in a quarter-century opened Sunday, linking Times Square to a booming neighborhood on Manhattan's far West Side.
- Frank Gehry unveils pro-bono design for LA children's group Updated: Sep-12-15 6:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - World renowned architect Frank Gehry will bring his imaginative designs to a children's organization in Watts, the poor and crime-ridden Los Angeles neighborhood where deadly riots broke out 50 years ago.
- Astoria council takes stand against vacation rentals Updated: Sep-09-15 3:23 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Drawing an unusually sharp line, the Astoria City Council rejected a zoning change that would have allowed a new vacation rental at 16th Street and Franklin Avenue.
- Housing group plans project for Noblesville grain elevator Updated: Sep-08-15 2:58 pm
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A nonprofit housing agency plans to convert an 85-foot-tall wooden grain elevator in downtown Noblesville into affordable community housing.