- A sampling of efforts to fight blight in Appalachia Updated: May-24-15 12:13 pm
Efforts to rehabilitate vacant or dilapidated property have sprung up around Appalachia, with states in the region taking varying approaches.
- Office buildings come to Portland's North Williams corridor Updated: May-23-15 1:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's North Williams corridor probably isn't the next Lloyd District, but a trio of new office buildings there might put the rapidly changing neighborhood on the map for companies in the market for office space.
- New Orleans OK's key blueprint for future growth Updated: May-15-15 5:59 pm
NEW ORLEANS - City leaders have approved a blueprint for future growth that spurs development along the Mississippi River, encourages live music in residential neighborhoods and requires better management of the heavy rains dumped every year on this below-sea-level city.
- RX for Baltimore economy: More residents with money to spend Updated: May-13-15 12:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The fragility of Baltimore's economy was exposed by Freddie Gray's death from a spinal injury suffered while in police custody.
- Beautification planned for neighborhood near Lincoln home Updated: May-11-15 4:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Renovations are planned for a less-traveled section of Abraham Lincoln's old neighborhood in Springfield.
- Housing board to rebuild rundown Conn. neighborhood Updated: May-10-15 3:04 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Not so long ago, Jim Lawlor believed that Willow Street, with its blighted houses, weed-choked vacant lots and drug crime, was no place to raise children.
- Ohio mayor vetoes neighborhood parking plan Updated: May-07-15 12:52 pm
CINCINNATI - The rarely used Cincinnati mayoral veto has blocked a council-approved parking plan for residents of a trendy urban neighborhood.
- New home development announced for Detroit's Brush Park Updated: May-06-15 5:58 pm
DETROIT - About 300 new residential units are planned as part of a $70 million development in a neighborhood just north of downtown Detroit.
- Portland considers limiting impact of infill construction Updated: Apr-26-15 11:34 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland may tighten restrictions on new homes as community groups push to limit impacts of infill construction and demolition in close-in neighborhoods.