- Residents oppose high-density development Updated: Dec-08-13 11:19 am
- Lofts, flats hit home run at old baseball stadium Updated: Dec-02-13 10:22 am
- Bald Eagles build new nest in Pittsburgh Updated: Nov-30-13 9:41 am
- Prince George's executive promotes Suitland homes Updated: Nov-30-13 9:38 am
- Bridge board to hold off on demolishing businesses Updated: Nov-27-13 5:46 pm
- Dinkytown community near U of Minn. faces changes Updated: Nov-19-13 12:05 pm
- Jackson-based Habitat receives award Updated: Nov-18-13 4:06 pm
- NJ town settles high-profile housing bias lawsuit Updated: Nov-13-13 9:47 pm
JEFFERSON, Louisiana - A proposal to build 16 homes on a 2.5-acre tract in Old Jefferson may be derailed by strong opposition from local residents who fear the high-density development would change the character of their neighborhood.
INDIANAPOLIS - Football and basketball are more likely to be played this time of year, but when Geralyn Strecker looks out her home's window, all she thinks about is baseball.
PITTSBURGH - A pair of bald eagles is building a new nest in a Pittsburgh neighborhood.
SUITLAND, Maryland - Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker III has pronounced Suitland "the next big thing" in regional reinvestment, comparing the community to such resurgent District of Columbia neighborhoods as U Street, H Street and the 14th Street corridor.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state agency working to build a bridge across Knik Arm will not immediately demolish two Anchorage businesses that a neighborhood says are important to residents.
MINNEAPOLIS - When University of Minnesota students returned to campus this fall, half a block of Dinkytown was gone.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Habitat for Humanity Mississippi Capital Area along with local law enforcement leaders has won a MetLife Foundation Community-Police Partnership Award for improving the safety and vitality of neighborhoods in metropolitan Jackson.
MOUNT HOLLY, New Jersey - Officials in a southern New Jersey town approved a settlement Wednesday to end a high-profile housing discrimination case, just weeks before the U.S. Supreme Court was to hear arguments on it.