- Atlanta residents object to planned priests' home Updated: Apr-18-14 12:34 pm
- Habitat group plans multi-home push in Evansville Updated: Apr-17-14 10:58 am
- UMSL, Normandy look to revitalize neighborhood Updated: Apr-17-14 5:05 am
- Take a stroll in these Istanbul neighborhoods Updated: Apr-16-14 10:08 am
- Portland neighborhood trying to save giant tree Updated: Apr-11-14 10:13 am
- Artsy overhaul set for old Indianapolis coal yard Updated: Apr-08-14 4:04 am
- Muncie preservation officer has long wish list Updated: Apr-07-14 11:16 am
- Bloomington council backs Habitat neighborhood Updated: Mar-27-14 12:16 pm
- Muncie neighborhood eyes live-and-work art colony Updated: Mar-27-14 11:35 am
- Home demolitions turn Detroit into blank canvas Updated: Mar-27-14 10:42 am
- Modern home divides historic Southern neighborhood Updated: Mar-21-14 1:46 pm
- Chicago to sell $1 lots in South Side neighborhood Updated: Mar-21-14 4:10 am
ATLANTA - Residents are objecting to the Archdiocese of Atlanta's plans to renovate a house in the city's upscale Buckhead neighborhood so it can be a home for a group of priests in the latest dust-up involving the home.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Habitat for Humanity of Evansville has set its sights on a multi-home building effort in the city's Jacobsville neighborhood, on property donated by Deaconess.
ST. LOUIS - The University of Missouri-St. Louis is joining some of its neighbors in an effort to promote economic development in a nearby community.
ISTANBUL - Istanbul, the noisy metropolis on the Bosporus Strait lauded by many a travel ranking, has much more to offer than grand mosques and bazaars. Away from the din of typical tourist haunts, a walk around the neighborhoods of Karakoy, Balat and Kuzguncuk will peel back the surface to reveal the city's multilayered history, and the lifestyles of those who've lived it.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Residents in Portland's Mount Tabor neighborhood are trying to save a giant tree from the developer's saw.
INDIANAPOLIS - A community group is hoping to turn a former coal yard in an Indianapolis neighborhood into an artsy development.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Brad King's interest in historic preservation goes way back.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The Bloomington City Council is giving permission to a Habitat for Humanity group to go ahead with plans to build a 35-home neighborhood.
MUNCIE, Indiana - A proposed live-and-work art colony in the Goldsmith C. Gilbert Historic District is morphing into a possible "maker district."
DETROIT - The families of Detroit's Brightmoor area are delighted that the day is finally approaching when bulldozers will arrive to level more of their neighborhood. After that, their community's future will be like the cleared landscape - a blank canvas.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Architect Louis Cherry sees the two-story structure - with its exposed beams, masonry piers, deep overhangs and shallow-pitched roof - as a "contemporary interpretation" of the Craftsman-style homes that dot the city's Historic Oakwood District.
CHICAGO - Residents in one of Chicago's most distressed neighborhoods will be able to buy vacant lots for a dollar as part of a city redevelopment plan.