- Katrina marker commemorates flooding of Lower 9th Ward Updated: Aug-24-15 9:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The catastrophic flooding of New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward now has a commemorative marker at the site where a floodwall protecting the neighborhood collapsed, unleashing a wall of water 10 years ago during Hurricane Katrina.
- Massive IS car bomb hits Cairo security building, wounds 29 Updated: Aug-20-15 8:56 am
CAIRO - A massive car bomb claimed by Islamic State militants ripped into a national security building in a residential neighborhood in Cairo early Thursday, wounding at least 29 people and blowing the facades off nearby buildings.
- Construction begins on low-income housing in South Bend Updated: Aug-19-15 3:58 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Construction has begun on low-income single family housing west of downtown South Bend.
- City decides parts of the past are worth preserving Updated: Aug-14-15 6:18 am
LAS VEGAS - In a city famous for imploding its past to make way for its future, Las Vegas is beginning to do something virtually unheard of here - hanging on to its historic neighborhoods.
- Nonprofit fills empty spaces in NYC with art exhibitions Updated: Aug-11-15 1:47 am
NEW YORK - No Longer Empty is a nonprofit arts group that seeks out empty and underutilized spaces for art installations throughout New York City. But it does more than transform empty storefronts into temporary exhibition space. All its projects relate to the building's history and its neighborhood.