- Rhode Island home sales numbers encouraging Updated: Nov-24-15 12:07 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sales of single-family homes in Rhode Island rose 8 percent last month when compared to the year-ago month.
- US home prices jump in September by most in more than a year Updated: Nov-24-15 11:51 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose in September from a year earlier at the fastest pace in 13 months as a lack of houses for sale has forced buyers to bid up available properties.
- Massachusetts single-family home sales up in October Updated: Nov-24-15 7:44 am
BOSTON - The number of single-family homes sold in Massachusetts last month shot up when compared to October 2014.
- US home sales slump in Oct. as higher prices weigh on buyers Updated: Nov-23-15 11:29 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans bought homes in October, a sign that rising home values may be pushing more would-be buyers to the real estate market's sidelines.
- California home sales cool in October, prices hold steady Updated: Nov-19-15 7:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home sales cooled in October after a summer rally, while prices held steady, a research firm said Thursday.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.97 percent Updated: Nov-19-15 11:17 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates edged slightly lower this week after two straight weeks of sharp increases. Expectations persist that the Federal Reserve may soon raise its key short-term interest rate.
- Lowe's 3rd-quarter results top Street view as sales climb Updated: Nov-18-15 11:47 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Lowe's third-quarter results beat analysts' estimates as its sales rose, buoyed by the ongoing housing market recovery.
- Oct. home construction slumps on fewer apartment buildings Updated: Nov-18-15 10:11 am
WASHINGTON - Apartment construction plunged sharply in October, as the pace of homebuilding slipped amid a broader cooling of the real estate market.
- Anchorage mayor looks to house 300 homeless people Updated: Nov-18-15 10:11 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Mayor Ethan Berkowitz has announced plans to provide hundreds of housing units for homeless people living in the city within the next three years.
- Median Las Vegas-area home price remains $220K in October Updated: Nov-09-15 8:11 am
LAS VEGAS - Southern Nevada real estate agents say the area's median home price remained steady for a third straight month in October, at $220,000.
- Counties with the most home loan applications in Idaho Updated: Nov-08-15 1:24 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's housing economy continues to slowly climb out of the economic downturn as more people are submitting applications to buy or refinance their homes. The most populated regions received the highest amount of interest in Idaho in 2014, according to data collected from banks and mortgage companies.
- Metro Baton Rouge home sales increase in September Updated: Nov-06-15 11:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge rose 15.4 percent in September from a year ago, thanks to a big boost in activity in East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Report: Some Detroit suburbs buying up tax-foreclosed homes Updated: Nov-06-15 8:11 am
DETROIT - A published report says some Detroit suburbs are buying tax-foreclosed homes and selling them to developers who flip them for profits.
- US housing recovery divided on age, race and place Updated: Nov-05-15 3:30 pm
WASHINGTON - It's the most profitable time to sell a house since the Great Recession started in late 2007. But first-time buyers are increasingly scarce.
- Report: Connecticut home sales surge 24 percent in September Updated: Nov-05-15 2:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A real estate research group says single-family home sales jumped more than 24 percent in September, the strongest September in nine years.
- Wells Fargo to pay $81.6M to homeowners in bankruptcy Updated: Nov-05-15 2:05 pm
Wells Fargo Bank has agreed to pay $81.6 million to settle claims that it failed to notify homeowners in bankruptcy of changes in their mortgage payments.
- Freddie Mac posts $475M loss in 3Q; no dividend payment Updated: Nov-03-15 4:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Freddie Mac reported a $475 million net loss for the third quarter due to losses it sustained on the investments it uses to hedge against swings in interest rates.
- Montgomery to consider bill on home-sale radon tests Updated: Nov-03-15 3:16 am
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Montgomery County officials are scheduled to take action on a bill requiring radon tests in single-family homes before purchase.
- US construction spending rises 0.6 percent in September Updated: Nov-02-15 11:58 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending rose 0.6 percent in September to the highest level since March 2008, pushed up by a surge in apartment building.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Oct-30-15 10:03 am
All times are Eastern
- Fewer Americans signed contracts to buy homes in September Updated: Oct-29-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - September marked a slowdown in Americans signing contracts to buy homes, the second consecutive decline for a real estate market that has been rebounding for the first half of 2015.
- Sales of RI single-family homes up 12 percent in 3rd quarter Updated: Oct-29-15 8:40 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Home sales in Rhode Island maintained a strong pace during the three-month period from July through September.
- US home values and rents defying global slowdown Updated: Oct-27-15 12:20 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing appears to be insulated so far from the cooling global economy.
- US new home sales fall sharply in September Updated: Oct-26-15 11:11 am
WASHINGTON - Sales of new homes plunged sharply in September to the slowest pace in 10 months, as higher prices and slower overall economic growth weigh on the housing market.