- Association says Va. 1Q home sales up 6.3 percent from 2014 Updated: May-05-15 11:40 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Association of REALTORS says home sales in the state increased by 6.3 percent in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2014.
- US construction spending drops 0.6 percent in March Updated: May-01-15 10:16 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction fell in March as an increase in nonresidential construction was offset by declines in home building and government projects.
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers reach a new threshold Updated: Apr-30-15 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The poshest of luxury homes are acquiring the cachet of a masterwork by Picasso or Matisse.
- Pending US home sales increase in March Updated: Apr-29-15 10:50 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans signed contracts to buy homes in March, the third straight month of gains as housing heats up with the start of the spring buying season.
- Massachusetts home sales remain essentially flat in March Updated: Apr-28-15 9:28 am
BOSTON - Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts remained essentially flat last month when compared to the year-ago March, despite a winter of record-setting snowfall that had the potential to disrupt the process, two organizations that track the market announced Tuesday.
- US home prices accelerated in February as sales rise Updated: Apr-28-15 9:02 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a faster pace in February than the previous month, driven by higher sales and a limited supply of available houses.
- Rhode Island housing market better last month than in 2014 Updated: Apr-27-15 4:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Statistics released by the Rhode Island Association of Realtors show that single-family house sales held steady in March despite the harsh weather.
- Correction: Foreclosure Underwater story Updated: Apr-24-15 2:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - In a story April 23 about mortgage foreclosures, The Associated Press reported erroneously the criteria RealtyTrac used to consider a borrower deeply underwater. It was owing at least 25 above the home's value, not at least 25 percent of the home's value.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.65 percent Updated: Apr-23-15 10:49 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates are down slightly this week and remain near historic lows.
- Martinsburg woman pleads guilty to mortgage fraud Updated: Apr-23-15 8:01 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Martinsburg woman has pleaded guilty to falsifying documents after she fell behind on her mortgage payments.
- Hyundai's 1Q earnings fall as car sales drop Updated: Apr-23-15 2:04 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Hyundai Motor Co. said Thursday its first-quarter profit dropped due to lower vehicle sales at home and abroad and the strong local currency.
- US home sales bounced back in March, but can the gain last? Updated: Apr-22-15 3:06 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. home sales bloomed in March after a brutal winter, a sign of possible newfound momentum for housing.
- Phoenix man and his son sentenced to prison in fraud case Updated: Apr-21-15 3:26 pm
PHOENIX - A man and his son who pleaded guilty to defrauding investors while operating a Phoenix real estate investment business have each been sentenced to one year in prison.
- Wisconsin home sales jump 16 percent in March Updated: Apr-20-15 4:25 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Realtors Association says sales of existing homes in Wisconsin jumped 16 percent in March, compared with the same time a year ago.
- New York City man sentenced for mortgage scam in New Jersey Updated: Apr-18-15 11:53 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - A New York City man who stole more than $187,000 from two New Jersey couples who thought he was helping them with their mortgages has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Nonprofit wants to help Illinois homeowners in foreclosure Updated: Apr-17-15 5:55 pm
CHICAGO - A Boston-based nonprofit is looking to help some Illinois homeowners in foreclosure stay in their homes.
- California home prices hit new 7-year high, sales rebound Updated: Apr-17-15 5:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home prices reached fresh seven-year-highs in March, a research firm said Friday, helping sales rebound from a two-month slide as some homeowners put their property on the market to reap gains.
- REITs and rising rates: Pushing against conventional wisdom Updated: Apr-16-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Are real-estate mutual funds going to see a price drop?
- Tips for parents considering helping their child buy a home Updated: Apr-16-15 10:31 am
Rising prices and a dearth of homes for sale in many markets have made it harder for many looking to buy their first home.
- US home construction off to weak March start Updated: Apr-16-15 9:12 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. homebuilders opened the spring buying season in March at a slower pace than last year, a warning that recent hiring gains have failed to translate into a stronger real estate market.
- US homebuilders' outlook for spring sales surges Updated: Apr-15-15 10:34 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling more optimistic that sales will perk up in coming months as the spring home-selling season unfolds.
- 3 former Freddie Mac execs settle SEC disclosures lawsuit Updated: Apr-14-15 8:20 pm
WASHINGTON - A former CEO and two former top executives at mortgage giant Freddie Mac have settled a government lawsuit. They were accused of understating the amounts of high-risk mortgages that Freddie held just before the housing bubble burst in 2007.
- Madigan charges ex-charity director with theft of funds Updated: Apr-14-15 5:08 am
CHICAGO - The former executive director of a Chicago charity is accused of stealing money meant to help low-income families avoid foreclosure.
- Wallet squeeze: Apartment rents projected to rise again Updated: Apr-14-15 3:25 am
Living in an apartment? Expect your rent to go up again.
- Study says home foreclosures rose in Rhode Island last year Updated: Apr-10-15 7:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A study says home foreclosures were up last year in Rhode Island.