- Ex-Doylestown Twp. supervisor sent to federal pen Updated: Mar-07-14 5:40 pm
- Fewer Minnesotans 'underwater' on mortgages Updated: Mar-07-14 8:07 am
- Stock and housing gains put US net worth at record Updated: Mar-06-14 2:49 pm
- US home prices rose at solid pace in January Updated: Mar-04-14 8:03 am
- Muncie vying for share of demolition funding Updated: Mar-03-14 12:10 pm
- Ford's US sales down 6 pct in February Updated: Mar-03-14 10:07 am
- Contracts to buy US homes barely budged in January Updated: Mar-02-14 1:13 am
- JPMorgan Chase class-action settlement is approved Updated: Feb-28-14 5:07 pm
- RI home sales, prices both up more than 10 percent Updated: Feb-28-14 7:08 am
- Freddie Mac posts $8.6B profit in 4Q Updated: Feb-27-14 12:25 pm
- 7 arrested for alleged $6.2 million mortgage scam Updated: Feb-26-14 8:49 pm
- Solid new-home sales lift hopes for housing market Updated: Feb-26-14 3:59 pm
- Lowe's 4Q profit meets analysts' estimates Updated: Feb-26-14 11:14 am
- JPMorgan to cut 8,000 jobs this year Updated: Feb-25-14 5:18 pm
- Real estate fraud nets NJ man 22 years in prison Updated: Feb-25-14 4:25 pm
- Mass. homes sales and prices up in January Updated: Feb-25-14 11:17 am
- Home Depot 4Q results mixed, boosts dividend Updated: Feb-25-14 10:32 am
- Real estate consultant sentenced in fraud scheme Updated: Feb-23-14 12:58 pm
- NY mortgage program reports 6,600 loan revisions Updated: Feb-23-14 11:35 am
- Home sales grow in January in Maine Updated: Feb-22-14 10:06 am
- Fannie earns $6.5B in 4Q; repaying US bailout Updated: Feb-21-14 9:10 am
- NYC property that is home to Junior's up for sale Updated: Feb-20-14 6:12 pm
- North Dakota home prices soar with oil boom Updated: Feb-20-14 3:58 pm
- Baton Rouge home sales up in January Updated: Feb-19-14 10:58 am
- US housing construction down 16 percent in January Updated: Feb-19-14 9:23 am
PHILADELPHIA - A lawyer and the former township supervisor of Doylestown in Bucks County will spend 18 months in federal prison for his role in a mortgage fraud scam that preyed on homeowners facing foreclosure.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The number of Minnesota home owners who owe more on their mortgages than their house is worth has declined.
WASHINGTON - A surging stock market and rebounding home prices boosted Americans' wealth to a record in the final three months of last year, though both trends have slowed so far in 2014.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose in January after three months of declines. A tight supply of homes might have helped boost prices and offset sales slowed by cold weather.
MUNCIE, Indiana - Muncie is one of 11 Indiana cities competing for $19.8 million to pay for tearing down vacant houses.
DETROIT - Ford's U.S. sales dropped 6 percent in February as winter weather kept many buyers at home.
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes was essentially flat in January, a possible sign of a softening real estate market.
ALBANY, New York - A federal judge approved a settlement Friday of a class-action lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase for its force-placed insurance practices, an agreement that could pay more than $300 million to about 750,000 mortgage borrowers.
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The housing market in Rhode Island is off to a strong start this year, with single-family home sales and prices both increasing more than 10 percent in January compare with the same month last year.
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Freddie Mac posted net income of $8.6 billion for the October through December period, its ninth straight profitable quarter. Earnings were boosted by the continued rise in home prices, which reduced the amounts the company had to set aside to cover losses on mortgages.
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Seven people have been charged with a mortgage loan scheme that bilked Southern Californians out of $6.2 million.
WASHINGTON - A surprisingly strong pace of new-home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.
NEW YORK - Lowe's fiscal fourth-quarter net income rose 6 percent, as the home-improvement retailer continued to benefit from the housing market's recovery.
JPMorgan Chase plans to eliminate 8,000 jobs this year as its mortgage business shrinks and the giant bank aims to control costs at its branches.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A man who took advantage of his Orthodox Jewish community's practice of conducting business largely on trust was sentenced Tuesday to 22 years in prison for running a real estate scam that cost investors $200 million.
BOSTON - Driven by high demand and a shortage of houses on the market, more single-family homes were sold in Massachusetts last month than in any January since 2007, two organizations that track the real estate market reported Tuesday.
ATLANTA - Home Depot's fiscal fourth-quarter net income dipped 1 percent, hampered by bad winter weather and one less week in the period than a year ago.
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a real estate consultant who says he helped five people defraud banks - including a former NFL star and his mother - has been sentenced to 20 months in prison.
ALBANY, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman reports his office's Homeowner Protection Program has worked with 23,760 New Yorkers in the past 15 months, resulting in 6,660 approved and pending loan modifications.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The cold winter hasn't slowed the pace of home sales in Maine.
WASHINGTON - Fannie Mae posted net income of $6.5 billion from October through December, its eighth straight profitable quarter. Fannie will have repaid its full government bailout after paying its fourth-quarter dividend.
NEW YORK - The home of Brooklyn's most famous cheesecake is up for sale.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's oil boom isn't just driving up housing prices at the epicenter. Getting a roof overhead is getting more expensive throughout the state, with the average value of a home sold last year topping $200,000 - up more than 20 percent from 2011, a real estate trade group says.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Home sales in metro Baton Rouge were up 8.6 percent in January, thanks to strong sales in Ascension Parish.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home construction fell in January for a second month but the weakness in both months reflected severe winter weather in many parts of the country. The expectation is that housing will deliver another year of solid gains, helped by an improving economy.