- Bequest gives hospital new learning center Updated: Apr-21-14 11:22 am
- Dog ticks a growing concern in Alaska Updated: Apr-21-14 11:01 am
- Board has new rules for prescribing opiates Updated: Apr-21-14 10:46 am
- Noncriminal patients moved from Mendota Updated: Apr-21-14 10:20 am
- Poll: Big Bang a big question for most Americans Updated: Apr-21-14 9:17 am
- W.Va.'s only state vet nursing home cuts wait list Updated: Apr-21-14 8:32 am
- Ohioans encouraged to dispose of medications Updated: Apr-21-14 7:34 am
- Mayo Clinic's 150th draws Arizona governor, others Updated: Apr-21-14 6:13 am
- Fox attacks 3 people in Chicopee Updated: Apr-21-14 6:01 am
- Massachusetts to participate in drug take-back day Updated: Apr-21-14 3:04 am
- Kids get codeine in ER despite risks, guidelines Updated: Apr-21-14 1:50 am
- Mold is latest health worry on Treasure Island Updated: Apr-20-14 8:25 pm
- Boston race makes room for those affected by bombs Updated: Apr-20-14 6:30 pm
- Advocates make push to legalize marijuana in NJ Updated: Apr-20-14 5:41 pm
- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- Cardinal: Could be last Easter as archbishop Updated: Apr-20-14 5:14 pm
- Public health school gets $1M for long-term care Updated: Apr-20-14 5:02 pm
- Blood donors replenish supplies after Pa. stabbing Updated: Apr-20-14 4:47 pm
- More suspicious dog treats found in Colorado park Updated: Apr-20-14 4:19 pm
- Brownback to attend KU Medical Center event Updated: Apr-20-14 3:11 pm
- Turner case tests bounds of 'citizen legislature' Updated: Apr-20-14 3:11 pm
- Navy OKs changes for submariners' sleep schedules Updated: Apr-20-14 1:25 pm
- BJC changes charity care standards Updated: Apr-20-14 12:13 pm
- Ohio hog farms hit by disease that kills baby pigs Updated: Apr-20-14 11:32 am
- Football player inspires after bout with cancer Updated: Apr-20-14 11:09 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - nside an IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital room, hospital staffers trade off performing chest compressions on a man lying in a hospital bed.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Many people think ticks can't live in Alaska but a state veterinarian says that's not the case.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Medical Practice Board has issued new rules designed to prevent the abuse of prescription opiate-based painkillers.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Civil psychiatric patients have been discharged from a state-run mental health institute in Madison to free space for additional criminal patients, drawing criticism from law enforcement officials.
WASHINGTON - Few Americans question that smoking causes cancer. But they express bigger doubts as concepts that scientists consider to be truths get further from our own experiences and the present time, an Associated Press-GfK poll found.
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - West Virginia's only state-run nursing home for veterans has slashed its admission wait list by more than half.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy is encouraging Ohioans to participate in the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's "Drug Take-Back Day" next weekend.
PHOENIX - Arizona's governor is helping to celebrate the Mayo Clinic's 150th anniversary at its Phoenix hospital.
CHICOPEE, Massachusetts - Police in Chicopee have shot and killed a fox that attacked an adult and two children over the weekend.
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - Nineteen communities in western Massachusetts will participate in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, when people are asked to clean out their medicine cabinets of unwanted and outdated prescription drugs to help prevent misuse, diversion and abuse of the drugs.
CHICAGO - Despite recommended limits on codeine use in children, the potent painkiller is prescribed for children in at least half a million emergency room visits each year, a study suggests.
SAN FRANCISCO - A growing number of residents and workers on Treasure Island are complaining about mold in aging buildings on the former Navy base in San Francisco Bay.
BOSTON - "I need to run."
TRENTON, New Jersey - Dozens of activists and community members have gathered at the steps of the New Jersey Statehouse to show their support for legalizing marijuana.
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
CHICAGO - Cardinal Francis George says this may be his last Easter holiday as the spiritual leader of Chicago's more than 2 million Roman Catholics.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University's School of Public Health has received a $1 million grant to launch a center to improve long-term care for the elderly.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - An effort to replenish blood bank supplies after a mass stabbing at a western Pennsylvania high school is far exceeding its target.
BOULDER, Colorado - The Boulder sheriff's office says two more possibly poisonous meatballs have been found in a Gunbarrel park popular with dog owners.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback and other officials are expected to gather at the KU Medical Center to applaud budget enhancements that include $25 million in bonds for building a proposed $75 million health education building.
INDIANAPOLIS - When a legislative ethics panel meets this week to review the case of House Speaker Pro Tem Eric Turner, members could have trouble finding clear-cut answers, in large part because of the Indiana General Assembly's status as a "citizen legislature."
GROTON, Connecticut - With no sunlight to set day apart from night on a submarine, the U.S. Navy for decades has staggered sailors' working hours on schedules with little resemblance to life above the ocean's surface.
ST. LOUIS - Charity care has long been a core mission of BJC HealthCare, but the St. Louis area's largest employer is cutting back amid increasing financial pressures.
TOLEDO, Ohio - A relatively new virus that kills newborn pigs has been found on hog farms around Ohio.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In 2009, a basketball changed Katorie Bell's entire life when it struck him in the head during a Jeff Davis practice.