- Canada court upholds conviction in condom case Updated: Mar-07-14 10:25 am
- 2 suffer burn injuries in San Jose home fire Updated: Mar-07-14 10:01 am
- Lawmakers seek agreement on medical clinic grants Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 am
- Michigan requiring more mental health services Updated: Mar-07-14 8:13 am
- Ill. lottery game fund multiple sclerosis research Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- Louisville fans wearing blue for a cause Updated: Mar-07-14 3:34 am
- Fallin honors Okla. emergency medical providers Updated: Mar-07-14 3:13 am
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
- Conn. governor visiting RI to discuss dyslexia Updated: Mar-07-14 3:04 am
- Man, 67, dies after bee stings in San Diego County Updated: Mar-07-14 1:31 am
- OHSU on track to get $200 million cancer request Updated: Mar-07-14 1:16 am
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88 Updated: Mar-06-14 11:31 pm
- Bill would give nurse practitioners more authority Updated: Mar-06-14 8:50 pm
- W.Va. Senate committee advances abortion ban bill Updated: Mar-06-14 8:34 pm
- Utah lawmakers take up batch of air quality bills Updated: Mar-06-14 8:16 pm
- 3 more people die of the flu in North Carolina Updated: Mar-06-14 7:29 pm
- Drug firms settle with Montana for $5.9M Updated: Mar-06-14 7:08 pm
- SC bill allows cannabis oil for epilepsy treatment Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Vegas eyes another 6-month ban on pot dispensaries Updated: Mar-06-14 6:31 pm
- Report: fewer Illinois kids lack health insurance Updated: Mar-06-14 6:16 pm
- Possible mumps outbreak at Ohio State University Updated: Mar-06-14 6:02 pm
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- Tanning, abortion regulations head to governor Updated: Mar-06-14 5:58 pm
- W. Pa. boy dies from bacterial meningitis Updated: Mar-06-14 5:57 pm
- Lehigh Valley Dairy announces orange juice recall Updated: Mar-06-14 5:43 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Canada's Supreme Court has upheld the sexual assault conviction of a man who tricked his girlfriend into becoming pregnant by poking holes her condoms.
SAN JOSE, California - Investigators are looking into the possibility that arson was to blame for an early-morning house fire in San Jose that left a man and woman with serious burn injuries.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House and Senate will attempt to work out their differences on a proposal to expand state subsidies to health clinics.
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation has been signed into law to offer more treatment options in Michigan for people with mental illness, including those who are jailed or at risk of being imprisoned.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Proceeds from the newest Illinois Lottery game will be used to fund research into multiple sclerosis.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville fans may be decked out in blue Friday, but they haven't switched sides.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin is honoring emergency medical services personnel and municipal fire departments for their efforts in saving cardiac arrest patients.
FORT PIERCE, Florida - Federal officials have suspended a central Florida dolphin researcher for allegedly putting a sick dolphin in a resort community's swimming pool without permission.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appearing at a Rhode Island school, where he is scheduled to talk to students about his personal experiences overcoming learning disabilities.
ESCONDIDO, California - A San Diego County man has died after being attacked by bees.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature moved late Thursday to give Oregon Health & Science University all of the $200 million it requested for cancer research facilities.
LOS ANGELES - Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
MIAMI - With a massive shortage of primary care physicians across Florida, state lawmakers are pushing a bill to expand the powers of nurse practitioners, allowing them to prescribe controlled substances like painkillers and work without supervision from a doctor.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A bill to prohibit abortions later than 20 weeks after conception moved forward Thursday in the state Senate Judiciary Committee and will be heard on the full Senate floor later this week.
SALT LAKE CITY - Measures to clear Utah's murky wintertime skies are working their way through the state Legislature. But with only a week to clinch a final OK from state lawmakers this legislative session, it's unclear how many of them will become law.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Three people died of the flu in North Carolina last week, down from the previous week and a sign that the illness is in decline.
HELENA, Montana - Subsidiaries of Johnson & Johnson have agreed to pay $5.9 million to settle a lawsuit with Montana over how an anti-psychotic drug was marketed, state Attorney General Tim Fox said Thursday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People suffering from severe epilepsy could legally use oil derived from marijuana under a bill advanced Thursday in the South Carolina House.
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas City Council is considering extending a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries that is set to expire later this month.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - While a child advocacy group's report shows that more Illinois kids now have health insurance, it also warns that health disparities related to income and race could intensify if there are program cuts to Medicaid and social services as the state faces a large dip in revenues next year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Public health officials are investigating a possible outbreak of mumps at Ohio State University, where nine students are reported to have the contagious infection.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
INDIANAPOLIS - New regulations on tanning beds and for backup physicians to abortion providers were sent Thursday to Gov. Mike Pence for consideration after another day of final negotiations by state lawmakers.
PITTSBURGH - The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office says a 6-year-old Pittsburgh boy has died from bacterial meningitis.
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Lehigh Valley Dairy is voluntarily recalling orange juice because it may contain milk, a common allergen.