- NY drug addict who ran cancer scam pleads guilty Updated: Dec-11-13 8:32 pm
- Disbarred N. Ind. lawyer avoids prison for forgery Updated: Dec-11-13 3:11 pm
- Woman seeks new judge, venue for murder trial Updated: Dec-10-13 10:44 am
- Authorities target peddlers of counterfeit goods Updated: Dec-08-13 5:50 pm
- As wine fakers get sharper, industry fights back Updated: Dec-08-13 2:41 am
- Man pleads guilty to forgery, gets 5-year sentence Updated: Dec-06-13 7:08 pm
- Conn. 'recidivist' draws 5 years for bank fraud Updated: Dec-06-13 6:16 am
- Iowa woman accused of opening fake bank accounts Updated: Dec-05-13 1:04 pm
- Counterfeiters scam Mandeville stores Updated: Dec-05-13 4:14 am
- Antiquities dealer sues Israel for $3 million Updated: Dec-03-13 1:40 pm
- Feds target counterfeiting sites on Cyber Monday Updated: Dec-02-13 3:49 pm
- European, US authorities take control of websites Updated: Dec-02-13 10:10 am
- Guam woman pleads guilty to counterfeiting bills Updated: Nov-29-13 4:42 pm
- Lincoln counterfeiter gets 7-10 years in prison Updated: Nov-27-13 6:50 am
- Blytheville mayor's ex-assistant accused of theft Updated: Nov-26-13 2:57 pm
- Feds warn of holiday scams, counterfeit products Updated: Nov-26-13 12:56 pm
- Woman accused of stealing $210K from film fest Updated: Nov-23-13 12:34 pm
- Monticello mayor suspended following arrest Updated: Nov-21-13 8:40 pm
- Sulphur men plead guilty to making fake money Updated: Nov-20-13 3:07 pm
- Berlin man confesses art forgery, commits suicide Updated: Nov-20-13 10:49 am
- 2 Atlanta men charged in $38K Mont. forgery scheme Updated: Nov-18-13 4:56 pm
- Sidney woman accused of theft, forgery Updated: Nov-18-13 9:49 am
- 2 E. Ind. docs, assistant arrested on drug charges Updated: Nov-14-13 8:08 pm
- Ala. man pleads guilty to having counterfeit goods Updated: Nov-14-13 7:25 am
- Kan. woman accused of selling phony ID documents Updated: Nov-13-13 7:06 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A woman has admitted she was hooked on heroin when she raised thousands of dollars by falsely claiming she had cancer, prosecutors and her attorney said Wednesday.
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - A disbarred attorney and former South Bend city council member convicted of forging the names of other lawyers on court documents won't be spending any time in prison unless he gets in further trouble.
CAMDENTON, Missouri - A Kansas City lawyer charged in the deaths of her father and his girlfriend wants her trial moved out of Camden County.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi authorities are making it a priority to target criminals who are roving Mississippi selling counterfeit goods like fake Louis Vuitton purses, Coach handbags and Nike caps.
SAINT-EMILION, France - An FBI agent recently showed Arnaud de Laforcade a file with several labels supposedly from 1947 bottles of Chateau Cheval Blanc, one of France's finest wines. To the Saint-Emilion vineyard's CFO, they were clearly fakes - too new looking, not on the right kind of paper.
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois - A suburban Chicago investment consultant already convicted earlier this year of bilking clients out of more than $4 million has now pleaded guilty to forgery
TORRINGTON, Connecticut - A federal judge has sentenced to five years in prison a Torrington man convicted of bank fraud and described by federal prosecutors as a "recidivist of the worst order."
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City woman has been accused of opening two different bank accounts under fake names and stealing money.
MANDEVILLE, Louisiana - Police say someone is passing counterfeit cash at retail stores in Mandeville.
JERUSALEM - An Israeli antiquities dealer acquitted in a high-profile forgery case last year says the trial ruined his reputation and is suing the Israeli government for more than $3 million.
DALLAS - It's also Cyber Monday for federal agents targeting unscrupulous online merchants.
AMSTERDAM - Europol says American and European authorities have taken control of 690 websites that were selling counterfeit merchandise.
HAGATNA, Guam - A Guam woman is pleading guilty to counterfeiting $50 bills.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 32-year-old Lincoln man has been sentenced to prison for forgery in a counterfeiting case.
BLYTHEVILLE, Arkansas - A former executive assistant to the Blytheville mayor was arrested Tuesday on charges of defrauding the city through false invoices.
MIAMI - Federal authorities warned the public on Tuesday of holiday scams involving counterfeit products including cellphone accessories and luxury goods.
FRISCO, Colorado - A 67-year-old woman accused of embezzling more than $210,000 from the Breckenridge Festival of Film has been arrested.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The mayor of a small Florida Panhandle city has been suspended from office following an arrest on forgery charges.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Two Sulphur men have pleaded guilty before a federal magistrate to conspiring to counterfeit U.S. currency.
BERLIN - German police say a Berlin gallery owner has committed suicide days after confessing to forging and selling paintings by French-German artist Lou Albert-Lasard.
BILLINGS, Montana - Two Atlanta men are charged with forgery after prosecutors in Montana say they used transients to pose as construction workers and cash nearly $40,000 in fraudulent checks.
SIDNEY, Nebraska - A 30-year-old Sidney woman has been accused of embezzling from a youth wrestling club.
CONNERSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities arrested two eastern Indiana doctors and a physician assistant Thursday on charges they forged prescriptions for narcotic painkillers and other drugs.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An Alabama man stopped found with counterfeit DVDs and CDs when stopped three times by law enforcement officers on Interstate 10 pleaded guilty this week to federal charges of copyright infringement.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A northeast Kansas woman is accused of making and selling hundreds of counterfeit driver's licenses, resident alien cards and other identity documents over a three-year period.