- Fake movie prop money popping up in South Louisiana Updated: Nov-25-15 7:44 am
MORGAN CITY, Louisiana - Police say fake money created for use as props in movies is circulating across several parishes in southeast Louisiana.
- Police: Women sold counterfeit merchandise at crafts fair Updated: Nov-23-15 6:04 am
HICKSVILLE, New York - Four women are accused of selling counterfeit designer merchandise at a Long Island Catholic high school crafts fair.
- Afghans seeking asylum buy fake Taliban threat letters Updated: Nov-22-15 2:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Threatening letters from the Taliban, once tantamount to a death sentence, are now being forged and sold to Afghans who want to start a new life in Europe.
- 7 arrested in Alabama check cashing fraud scheme Updated: Nov-06-15 1:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say seven people have been arrested in a fraudulent check cashing scheme that was based at Montgomery Wal-Mart.
- Man pleads guilty to $4.7 million counterfeiting operation Updated: Nov-06-15 3:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida artist has pleaded guilty to making about $4.7 million worth of counterfeit bills.
- Phone records at issue in Missouri murder case Updated: Nov-05-15 11:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A judge will determine if cellphone records can be used in the trial of a Lee's Summit lawyer charged in the deaths of her father and his girlfriend.
- Ohio police arrested 2 men they say had bogus NFL tickets Updated: Nov-05-15 10:56 am
CINCINNATI - Police in southwest Ohio say they have arrested two men carrying counterfeit versions of tickets for two key National Football League games this week.
- 2 men die after taking counterfeit anxiety medication Updated: Nov-04-15 8:39 pm
APTOS, California - Authorities in Northern California say two men died in Santa Cruz County in recent weeks after taking counterfeit anxiety medication.
- Federal grand jury indicts 10 in money counterfeiting ring Updated: Nov-04-15 6:00 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A federal grand jury has indicted 10 people in connection with a money counterfeiting ring.
- Prosecutors: Tax preparer forged client's name on checks Updated: Oct-31-15 11:54 am
MOUNT EPHRAIM, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey tax preparer who allegedly stole thousands of dollars by signing a client's name on three refund checks has been indicted on theft and forgery counts.
- Substitute NY state worker arrested for forgery and larceny Updated: Oct-31-15 8:11 am
NORWICH, New York - State police have arrested a 26-year-old upstate New York man for forgery and larceny.
- NY police: Lindsay Lohan's brother had forged parking permit Updated: Oct-30-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say one of Lindsay Lohan's (LOH'-unz) brothers used a forged parking permit to avoid paying a New York City parking meter and has been arrested.
- ADOT busts fake document operation in Phoenix Updated: Oct-30-15 6:11 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Transportation says it has busted a criminal operation selling fake credentials and other forms of identity in Phoenix.
- Former NY basketball coach charged with forging transcripts Updated: Oct-29-15 4:27 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, New York - A former basketball coach of a suburban New York community college has been charged with using forged transcripts to help star players transfer to NCAA Division I colleges.