- Albuquerque police arrest 6 in check forgery case Updated: Oct-01-15 1:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say they've arrested six people in a large identity theft operation.
- Iowa man pleads guilty to selling counterfeit currency Updated: Sep-30-15 6:48 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A disbarred attorney and former police officer in Iowa has pleaded guilty to selling counterfeit currency to an undercover agent.
- Czech police arrest 2 in counterfeit US dollars case Updated: Sep-25-15 5:58 am
PRAGUE - An official says police have arrested two Serbian nationals who transported counterfeit U.S. dollars to the Czech Republic, and have raided the producer in Serbia.
- Man fatally shot by police after chase, confrontation Updated: Sep-23-15 10:34 pm
REISTERSTOWN, Maryland - Police in Maryland say an officer fatally shot a man who presented a forged prescription and was later involved in a confrontation with the officer.
- Man gets probation for selling fake Viagra, Cialis pills Updated: Sep-23-15 1:53 pm
NEW YORK - A man has been sentenced in New York City to five years on probation for selling fake Viagra and Cialis pills that were less potent and filled with rubber.
- LI woman accused of forging friend's checks Updated: Sep-23-15 5:40 am
HEMPSTEAD, New York - A Long Island woman is accused of stealing $50,000 from a friend who asked her to help pay her bills while she recovered from a medical procedure.
- Man arrested twice on counterfeiting charges Updated: Sep-22-15 5:53 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Newark Police say a man has been arrested twice for allegedly passing counterfeit money at two restaurants.
- Sheridan man accused in arson seeks to suppress statements Updated: Sep-18-15 7:29 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Sheridan man facing felony charges in connection with the arson that damaged the Sheridan County Attorney's Office last summer is asking a judge to suppress statements he made to a jail informant.
- Child death investigation finds worker lied in records Updated: Sep-18-15 4:06 am
BLOUNTVILLE, Tennessee - A former child services investigator lied about meeting with the father of a child who later died.
- Film 'Captive' probes bond forged after courthouse rampage Updated: Sep-17-15 2:15 pm
ATLANTA - A new film explores the unique connection that formed between two broken people following one of the most terrifying events in Atlanta's recent history: a deadly courthouse shooting rampage.
- DA: Paralegal forged judges' signatures on court papers Updated: Sep-16-15 6:52 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City paralegal has been arrested after authorities say he forged the signatures of more than six dozen judges.
- Former Altavista police chief indicted on felony charges Updated: Sep-16-15 4:31 am
ALTAVISTA, Virginia - Former Altavista Police Chief Kenneth Walsh has been indicted on charges of embezzlement and forging public documents.
- Ex-union treasurer in Arizona gets prison for embezzlement Updated: Sep-15-15 4:01 pm
PHOENIX - A former union treasurer for Arizona bus and light rail operators has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for embezzling nearly $275,000.
- Ohio man sentenced for possession of counterfeit money, 9mm Updated: Sep-15-15 3:30 am
CLEVELAND - A northeast Ohio man has been sentenced to 15 years in federal prison after telling a law-enforcement informant he was interested in selling fake heroin, counterfeit money and other illegal items.
- 2 plead not guilty in alleged global cybercrime case Updated: Sep-13-15 4:32 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two more people have pleaded not guilty in an alleged scam that federal prosecutors say involved bogus checks and money orders and high-dollar items bought with stolen identities and fake credit cards.
- Phoenix doctor gets prison term for forgery, fraud schemes Updated: Sep-11-15 7:25 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix doctor has been sentenced to four years in prison for forging patient medical records and other offenses.
- 3 New York men arrested in North Carolina for counterfeiting Updated: Sep-11-15 3:58 pm
RANDLEMAN, North Carolina - Authorities in Randolph County have arrested three New York men after fake credit cards were found at a home in Randleman.
- Missouri man sentenced for fraud involving several banks Updated: Sep-10-15 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri man has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison for his part in a fraud scheme that involved 14 banks across the state.
- Man accused of forging signature of NY Mets executive Updated: Sep-09-15 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - A con man forged the signature of New York Mets chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon as part of a scheme that managed to cheat an investor out of more than $3 million - even though he incorrectly spelled Wilpon's first name, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- 7 charged with selling counterfeit goods at Va. flea market Updated: Sep-08-15 1:44 pm
HILLSVILLE, Virginia - Authorities arrested seven men and seized more than $500,000 worth of counterfeit merchandise at a flea market in Hillsville.
- 8 arrested on suspicion of counterfeit-to-cash scheme Updated: Sep-03-15 6:52 pm
SEAL BEACH, California - Eight people were arrested Thursday in California in a probe of gang members suspected of shopping with counterfeit money at big box retailers and returning the goods for cash refunds.