- Officials warn of counterfeit drugs laced with deadly doses Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State health and safety officials are warning that drug dealers are selling counterfeit pain medicines on the street that contain what could be deadly doses of a drug used often to treat cancer pain.
- Treasurer of parent-teachers group accused of stealing funds Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
CLIFTON, New Jersey - The treasurer of a northern New Jersey school's parent-teachers association has been charged with stealing money from the group.
- Pakistani gets 20 years in US prison for $100M drugs scam Updated: Feb-05-16 8:40 am
SHERMAN, Texas - Prosecutors in Texas say a man from Pakistan must serve 20 years in a U.S. prison for his role in an online $100 million counterfeit prescription drugs ring.
- Man sentenced in Wal-Mart check scam targeting hundreds Updated: Feb-04-16 4:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man who cashed $300,000 worth of counterfeit checks using personal information stolen by peeking over the shoulders of hundreds of Wal-Mart customers was sentenced to prison Thursday.
- Retired Philadelphia cop claims officers 'violated' him Updated: Feb-03-16 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 54-year-old retired Philadelphia police officer filed a complaint with Internal Affairs after he was allegedly "violated" by officers during a case of mistaken identity.
- Thai border market vendors torpedo crackdown on counterfeits Updated: Feb-03-16 9:57 am
BANGKOK - Thai police were licking their wounds Wednesday after an enraged mob of vendors chased them away when they tried to seize fake goods at a famous border market.
- Clarksville man imprisoned for forgery in Mason City Updated: Feb-03-16 6:33 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Clarksville man has been sent to prison for forgery in Mason City.
- NY prosecutors allege man ran NYC, Boston forgery scheme Updated: Feb-01-16 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City prosecutor says investigators have uncovered a forgery and theft scheme that stretched from Manhattan to Boston.
- NYC jury hears details of modern masters forgery scandal Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 am
NEW YORK - In the latest chapter of a scandal that's jolted New York's art world, a federal jury is hearing about a Chinese immigrant who forged fakes of modern masters such as Jackson Pollock and Mark Rothko in his garage, a once-reputable Manhattan gallery that sold them and the wealthy buyers who paid millions for the knockoffs.
- George man gets prison after mail, identities stolen Updated: Jan-27-16 9:25 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 47-year-old Georgia man has admitted his role in the theft of mail in Mississippi and the use of stolen identities to make counterfeit checks for purchases at Wal-Mart stores while he lived in Gulfport.
- Senegal police question 900 in heightened security measures Updated: Jan-26-16 2:52 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Senegalese police have questioned about 900 people in two regions in the West African nation as part of heightened security operations after recent attacks in Burkina Faso and neighboring Mali, a justice official said Tuesday.
- Former lawyer sentenced to prison for counterfeiting Updated: Jan-22-16 4:03 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A federal judge in Cedar Rapids has sentenced a disbarred lawyer to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to dealing in counterfeit currency.
- Ex-Jennings County official faces theft, forgery charges Updated: Jan-22-16 7:54 am
VERSAILLES, Indiana - A former Jennings County official faces numerous felony counts of theft and forgery.
- Former detective gets house arrest for tax refund fraud Updated: Jan-22-16 3:01 am
TAMPA, Florida - A former Tampa police detective has been sentenced to eight months of home detention and five years of probation for stealing fraudulent tax refund checks from an evidence room.
- Worcester County man charged with making counterfeit money Updated: Jan-21-16 5:59 pm
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Ocean City Police have charged a Worcester County man with making counterfeit money.
- Agents seize phony hoverboards at Minnesota-Canada border Updated: Jan-20-16 12:24 pm
INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minnesota - U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents earlier this month seized nearly $650,000 in counterfeit merchandise coming into Minnesota from Canada, including hundreds of hoverboards.
- Ex-UMass-Lowell office worker pleads not guilty to larceny Updated: Jan-19-16 3:13 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A former University of Massachusetts-Lowell office worker has been released on personal recognizance after pleading not guilty to stealing more than $200,000 from the school.
- Ex-Huntington accountant faces embezzlement, forgery charges Updated: Jan-19-16 10:59 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former Huntington accountant has been charged with embezzling more than $1 million.
- Officials seize about 300 counterfeit hoverboards in Miami Updated: Jan-19-16 8:11 am
MIAMI - Federal officials say hundreds of counterfeit hoverboards have been seized in Miami.
- Man admits to running check counterfeiting scheme Updated: Jan-16-16 2:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man has admitted running a counterfeiting scheme that deposited 300 bogus checks across four states.
- Immigration lawyer pleads guilty in forged document case Updated: Jan-15-16 4:51 pm
SEATTLE - A former U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement attorney pleaded guilty Friday after prosecutors said he forged a document to make it look like a Mexican citizen who wanted to stay in the U.S. was not eligible to do so.
- The Latest: Immigration lawyer pleads guilty in forgery case Updated: Jan-15-16 2:47 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on the case against a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement attorney accused of forging a document (all times local):
- US rapper Mos Def arrested at South African airport Updated: Jan-15-16 10:51 am
JOHANNESBURG - The American entertainer commonly known as Mos Def has 14 days to leave South Africa after he was arrested for violating local immigration laws while trying to leave the country, a government spokesman said Friday.
- Pima County Sheriff says 1 of its own stole property Updated: Jan-14-16 5:30 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The Pima County Sheriff's Department says a former burglary detective with years of accolades stole items from evidence, used police reports to illegally seize pawn shop items and replaced valuable jewelry in storage with fake pieces.
- 'Bullionaire' admits mailing Uganda-made counterfeit $100s Updated: Jan-14-16 4:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - A North Carolina man who called himself "Bullionaire" pleaded guilty in federal court on Thursday to mailing $5,200 in counterfeit $100 bills to Los Angeles after he received them from an alleged counterfeiter in Uganda.