- Woman pleads guilty to forging former lawmaker's will Updated: May-22-15 5:36 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors say a former Memphis Fire Department chief has pleaded guilty to forging what she claimed was the will of former state Rep. Ulysses Jones.
- Man sentenced for sale of counterfeit handbags Updated: May-22-15 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, Mississippi - A Bassfield man has been sentenced to serve a year in prison for selling counterfeit handbags.
- 2 plead guilty in Casper in counterfeiting case Updated: May-22-15 10:26 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A man and a woman have pleaded guilty to counterfeiting-related charges in federal court in Casper.
- Nebraskan accused of forgery and taking dad's check card Updated: May-21-15 1:05 pm
GERING, Nebraska - A 27-year-old Scottsbluff man who faces three drug charges also is accused of stealing from his father.
- Couple accused of stealing $19,000 form elderly man Updated: May-21-15 11:53 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - A Hilton Head Island couple is accused of cashing over $19,000 worth of forged checks from an elderly man they were caring for.
- Man who scammed NHL pleads guilty to forgery charges in Ohio Updated: May-19-15 5:11 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once conned the National Hockey League into thinking he was a wealthy entrepreneur well-qualified to buy one of the league's most storied franchises has been convicted of another scam.
- Luxury fashion brands accuse Alibaba of profiting from fakes Updated: May-18-15 5:17 am
BEIJING - The owner of fashion brands Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent has accused Alibaba Group in a lawsuit of profiting from sales of counterfeit goods despite the Chinese e-commerce giant's pledge to combat the trade in fakes.
- SD woman sentenced to probation for embezzlement, forgery Updated: May-14-15 8:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A woman has been sentenced to six years of probation for embezzling more than $34,000 from a Fort Pierre economic development group.
- Police: Maine mother told police she was her daughter Updated: May-14-15 5:53 am
WINSLOW, Maine - A Maine mother and daughter are facing criminal charges after the mother allegedly gave her daughter's information to Winslow police during a traffic stop.
- In Italy, seized knock-off shoes go to help new migrants Updated: May-12-15 7:49 am
CATANIA, Sicily - When migrants arrive in Italy, exhausted after days of perilous travel in overcrowded boats, some of the first things they receive are gleaming sneakers that stand out incongruously against their grimy and threadbare clothes.
- US inconsistent in pressing China's banks on secrecy Updated: May-11-15 6:23 am
SHANGHAI - Counterfeiters use several of China's largest state banks as safe havens, relying on them to process credit card payments or move money beyond the reach of law enforcement in the United States, where many fake products are sold online. But the U.S. government has not taken a clear stand on whether to push Chinese banks to be more cooperative in tracing and seizing counterfeiters' money.
- Baton Rouge man accused of selling knock-off apparel Updated: May-08-15 7:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State investigators have arrested a 40-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of selling knock-off apparel.
- Emergency management worker accused of forging signatures Updated: May-08-15 6:38 am
BEREA, Kentucky - A Madison County Emergency Management worker has been accused of stealing nearly $34,000 worth of property and services.
- AP Exclusive: Chinese banks a haven for web counterfeits Updated: May-07-15 9:25 pm
SHANGHAI - Kim Sbarcea knew exactly what she wanted. She typed "Tiffany Elsa Peretti mesh earrings" into Google and chanced upon a pair of the $450 earrings for - deal of deals! - $32.
- RI man sentenced to 7 years in $800K bank fraud scheme Updated: May-06-15 4:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for his role in a counterfeit check scheme prosecutors say cost local banks around $800,000.
- Fort Dodge man accused of using fake check to buy 2 cars Updated: May-06-15 12:28 pm
STORM LAKE, Iowa - Authorities say a Fort Dodge man gave a Storm Lake car dealer a fake check of more than $70,000 in an attempt to buy two vehicles.
- Tupelo man sentenced for counterfeiting Updated: May-01-15 6:35 am
ABERDEEN, Mississippi - A 37-year-old Tupelo man will spend 21 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to the charge of counterfeiting.
- Man sentenced for making counterfeit IDs for immigrants Updated: May-01-15 3:05 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Prosecutors say a Louisiana man has been sentenced to 13 months in prison after selling counterfeit immigration papers to illegal immigrants in southern Mississippi.
- State worker pleads guilty to selling bogus phone cases Updated: May-01-15 2:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A New York state employee will get five years of probation for running online trademark counterfeiting businesses and stealing nearly $40,000 by charging the state for time he didn't work.
- Trial set for 2nd person accused in counterfeiting scheme Updated: Apr-29-15 8:44 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A second person accused of a counterfeiting scheme in Platte County also has pleaded not guilty.
- Steele woman accused of forging $250,000 company check Updated: Apr-27-15 8:40 am
MANDAN, North Dakota - A Steele woman is accused of stealing $250,000 from a Linton company and using some of the money to buy a home.
- Ex-Oklahoma investigator accused of lying about credentials Updated: Apr-25-15 6:40 pm
EL RENO, Oklahoma - A former Oklahoma Veterans Affairs Department chief investigator who was fired after authorities said they discovered he had faked his credentials and was actually a convicted felon is facing new criminal charges.
- Steele woman accused of forging $250,000 on company account Updated: Apr-25-15 11:19 am
MANDAN, North Dakota - A North Dakota woman has been charged with forgery for allegedly cutting herself a $250,000 check on the dime of a cooperative in Linton.
- Ex-casino worker, student plead not guilty to counterfeiting Updated: Apr-22-15 1:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former Pennsylvania casino worker and a Nevada high school student pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges in a Uganda-based scheme that produced more than $1.5 million in high-quality counterfeit U.S. bills.
- Man pleads guilty to felonies after $46K fake money found Updated: Apr-22-15 12:49 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man is awaiting sentencing for making tens of thousands of dollars in counterfeit money.