- Correction: Health Exchange Fees story Updated: May-18-15 4:29 pm
DENVER - In a story May 18 about health insurance exchange fees, The Associated Press misidentified a researcher from Georgetown University's Center on Health Insurance Reforms. He was Kevin Lucia, not Justin Giovannelli.
- Legislators agree to do budget, health care during session Updated: May-15-15 8:28 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Republican-led Legislature will return to the state Capitol in June and try to do what they couldn't do during their 60-day session that crashed to a halt.
- Ige administration plans changes for health exchange Updated: May-14-15 12:19 am
HONOLULU - Gov. David Ige's administration says Hawaii's health insurance exchange will have to make changes to comply with federal Affordable Care Act.
- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- Munger says US health care system is too expensive, complex Updated: May-04-15 1:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Berkshire Hathaway's Vice Chairman Charlie Munger says the American health care system remains too complicated and expensive.
- GOP divided as Supreme Court ruling on health care law nears Updated: Apr-30-15 11:52 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ron Johnson was elected to Congress in 2010 as an adamant foe of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. Yet facing a Supreme Court decision that could disrupt how that law functions, the Wisconsin Republican is among many in the GOP who want Congress to react with caution.
- Anthem joins insurer crowd in beating Street 1Q expectations Updated: Apr-29-15 10:37 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Anthem's first-quarter earnings jumped 23 percent thanks in part to a spike in Medicaid enrollment, and it became the latest health insurer to raise its forecast for the year after breezing past Wall Street's expectations.
- Obama uses hospital funds to push Medicaid expansion Updated: Apr-24-15 2:10 pm
MIAMI - The Obama administration is dialing up the pressure on a handful of states that have resisted expanding Medicaid coverage for their low-income residents under the federal health care overhaul.
- Insurance department explores health care payment reform Updated: Apr-24-15 2:07 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Health care spending is high and rising in New Hampshire, and the state should consider holding both providers and insurers accountable for improving quality and containing costs, consultants hired by the insurance department said Friday.
- Health law brings growth in food stamps in some states Updated: Apr-22-15 1:17 pm
CHICAGO - President Barack Obama's health care law has had a surprising side effect: In some states, it appears to be enticing more Americans to apply for food stamps, even as the economy improves.