- Explosion shuts down Iran-Turkey natural gas pipeline Updated: Jul-28-15 2:32 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's energy minister says an explosion on a natural gas pipeline between Iran and Turkey caused a large fire and shut down the flow of gas.
- Several dogs survive southern Illinois house explosion Updated: Jul-27-15 4:05 pm
CASEYVILLE, Illinois - Several dogs thought to have died in a southern Illinois house explosion caused by a suspected natural gas leak have been rescued from the rubble.
- Blast damages pro-immigrant German councilor's car Updated: Jul-27-15 10:35 am
BERLIN - German police said Monday they were investigating an early-morning explosion that damaged the car of a left-wing politician who had been working in support of refugees in a Dresden suburb that has seen anti-immigrant demonstrations.
- Gas provider at fault in Ohio blast that leveled house Updated: Jul-25-15 6:17 am
UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio - Ohio's utility regulator says a March explosion that destroyed a house in suburban Columbus was due to a city employee inadvertently turning on an abandoned and mismarked gas line.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- Fireworks blamed for blast that killed 1 in Oregon building Updated: Jul-24-15 4:00 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - Police say fireworks caused an explosion that blew out windows and ignited massive flames in a century-old building in northeast Oregon.
- 18-year-old dies week after St. Louis house explosion Updated: Jul-24-15 2:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Authorities say one of two people injured when a St. Louis house exploded earlier this month has died.
- Fire marshal releases findings of distillery explosion Updated: Jul-24-15 1:04 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Fire investigators say an over-pressurized still likely led to an explosion and fire that killed a worker at a western Kentucky distillery in April.
- At least 7 dead in explosion at Italy fireworks factory Updated: Jul-24-15 11:07 am
ROME - Italian news reports say at least seven people have died in an explosion at a fireworks factory near Bari, on Italy's Adriatic coast.
- Report: Columbia Gas followed rules prior to hotel explosion Updated: Jul-23-15 6:40 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Investigators say Columbia Gas of Kentucky did not violate any safety rules at a Lexington hotel that exploded last year after a natural gas leak.
- Explosion levels home in Benton County Updated: Jul-22-15 8:42 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Authorities say that an explosion leveled a Benton County home may have been touched off by a gas leak.
- Grenade explodes at circus in Peru, wounding 11 people Updated: Jul-22-15 6:43 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peruvian authorities say someone exploded a grenade at a circus performance and the blast wounded 11 people, including clowns and members of the public.
- Burn victim recovering, happy to have love sent his way Updated: Jul-22-15 1:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man recovering in Taiwan after being severely burned in an explosion at a water park there last month says he's grateful for all the get-well wishes.
- ATM explodes in north Philadelphia, no money taken Updated: Jul-22-15 6:16 am
PHILADELPHIA - Investigators are trying to find out what caused an ATM to explode in north Philadelphia.
- Sheriff: Man who blew up SC carwash may have set off more Updated: Jul-22-15 6:02 am
GAFFNEY, South Carolina - Cherokee County sheriff's deputies are trying to figure out if a man they say blew up the coin machine at a Gaffney car wash is responsible for other explosions in Cherokee and Spartanburg counties over the past year.
- Possible drug-related explosion investigated at federal lab Updated: Jul-21-15 7:39 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - An explosion inside a federal laboratory in Maryland appears to be connected to a security officer's small-scale efforts to manufacture methamphetamine, according to a federal law enforcement official.
- Explosion, fire rip through Oregon building; 1 dead, 2 hurt Updated: Jul-21-15 5:31 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - An explosion downtown Tuesday morning blew out windows and ignited massive flames that burned for more than an hour in a century-old building in northeast Oregon.
- Northern Michigan man killed in metal drum explosion Updated: Jul-21-15 9:53 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A northern Michigan man has died after authorities say he was struck by part of a metal drum that exploded.
- Legal marijuana competes with hash-oil black market Updated: Jul-20-15 1:09 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Amy Zimmerman's left calf was covered in second-degree burns after a Memorial Day campfire accident. To help heal the burns, she applied a medicinal salve made with hash oil.
- Make-shift cannon explosion causes injuries, damage in Ohio Updated: Jul-20-15 8:04 am
LOWELLVILLE, Ohio - Authorities say a pipe-bomb-style explosion injured several people and damaged homes and vehicles in a northeast Ohio village.
- Workers look for 4 missing after explosion at UK wood mill Updated: Jul-18-15 10:37 am
LONDON - Search-and-rescue teams have entered the smoldering rubble of a wood mill in northwest England, trying to find four people who are missing after a massive explosion.
- Fire, propane explosion damage Washington business Updated: Jul-17-15 9:16 pm
MOSES LAKE, Washington - A dramatic fire and explosion that sent a propane tank flying 1,000 feet burned five buildings Friday at a company that makes plastic tarps to cover haystacks and set fire to 11,000 tons of hay in central Washington state.
- Tesoro appeals violations and fine after 2010 explosion Updated: Jul-17-15 4:52 pm
TUMWATER, Washington - A hearing is scheduled to start next week on Tesoro Corp.'s appeal of violations and $2.3 million fine after the 2010 explosion at its refinery in Anacortes that killed seven workers.
- 2 people remain hospitalized after factory explosion Updated: Jul-16-15 3:01 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Two people remained hospitalized Thursday after an explosion that heavily damaged an aerospace manufacturing plant in the town of Newport.
- Blast at Washington aerospace plant hurls machinery, hurts 5 Updated: Jul-15-15 8:13 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An explosion rocked an aerospace plant in northeast Washington, toppling large pieces of machinery, lifting an entire floor off its foundation and injuring five people, authorities said Wednesday.