- Explosion, fire damages condo building, displaces 8 people Updated: Nov-27-15 3:23 pm
WESTERLY, Rhode Island - A reported explosion and fire has severely damaged a building at a Westerly condominium complex and displaced eight residents.
- Fire marshal: Seeping water caused radioactive dump blast Updated: Nov-27-15 11:35 am
LAS VEGAS - Rainwater seeping into corroded 1970s-era barrels buried at a radioactive waste dump caused an explosion last month at the long-closed facility about 110 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada's top fire investigator said.
- Police: Pennsylvania man working on boat killed by explosion Updated: Nov-25-15 2:17 pm
BURGETTSTOWN, Pennsylvania - A southwestern Pennsylvania man has died after being burned in an explosion while working at an automotive business.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in fireworks factory explosion Updated: Nov-25-15 4:46 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The family of a woman who was killed in an explosion at the Ultratec pyrotechnics factory has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- No injuries as student causes chemical blast at USC Updated: Nov-25-15 12:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Fire Department says a student mixing chemicals caused a small explosion in a classroom at the University of Southern California.
- California prosecutors join waste plant explosion case Updated: Nov-24-15 9:08 pm
SANTA PAULA, California - State prosecutors are joining a criminal case sparked by an explosion at a Southern California waste treatment plant that sent 52 people to hospitals.
- 1 killed in NE Indiana house explosion blamed on gas leak Updated: Nov-24-15 4:28 pm
ASHLEY, Indiana - Authorities say a propane gas leak caused a house explosion in northeastern Indiana that killed one person and injured two others.
- Bosnia: Explosive device thrown at police station Updated: Nov-24-15 5:12 am
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Authorities say an explosive device was thrown at the police station in the northern Bosnian town of Zavidovici but caused minimal damage and no casualties.
- Blast at Japan's controversial war shrine injures no one Updated: Nov-23-15 3:46 am
TOKYO - An explosion Monday damaged a public restroom at a controversial shrine in Tokyo that honors Japanese war dead, with police suspecting foul play. No one was injured.
- Small brush fire burns in Ada County after car explosion Updated: Nov-22-15 1:47 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A car explosion started a small brush fire in Ada County on Saturday afternoon.
- Ravensdale marks 100 years since mine disaster killed 31 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:03 am
RAVENSDALE, Washington - Thirty-one faces, each in its own oval frame, stare silently out from a black-and-white photo display.
- Investigators: Faulty gas shut-off caused home explosion Updated: Nov-20-15 4:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Investigators have pinpointed the cause of an explosion that destroyed a central Ohio home.
- Manslaughter charges filed in deadly 2012 platform blast Updated: Nov-19-15 5:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal grand jury indicted two companies on involuntary manslaughter charges and three people face charges in a deadly 2012 explosion on an oil production platform in the Gulf of Mexico, the Justice Department said Thursday.
- State faults Con Ed in Harlem blast that killed 8 in 2014 Updated: Nov-19-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - Consolidated Edison violated state safety regulations in connection with a 2014 East Harlem blast that killed eight people and hurt dozens more, a state commission said Thursday.
- Authorities identify 3 injured in plant explosion in Iowa Updated: Nov-18-15 3:37 pm
LYTTON, Iowa - Authorities say one of the three men hurt in an explosion at a protein processing plant in Iowa has injuries that are life-threatening.
- Court: Workers not injured in Connecticut blast can't sue Updated: Nov-18-15 2:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More than 40 workers who weren't injured but lost their jobs in a deadly power plant explosion cannot sue several contractors for hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost wages, the state Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.
- Emotions high for mine victim families in ex-coal CEO trial Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Sitting in court since early October, spectator Judy Jones Petersen has heard plenty from the defense about a former coal CEO's safety concerns but not much about how 29 men died - including her brother - in a fiery mine blast under that executive's watch.
- Explosion at home might have been caused by hash production Updated: Nov-06-15 9:03 pm
DENVER - Investigators say an explosion and fire that severely damaged a duplex in south Denver might have been caused by the attempted production of hash oil.
- Tank explosion at Volga soybean plant kills Brandon man Updated: Nov-06-15 10:30 am
VOLGA, South Dakota - A Brandon man is dead after an explosion at a soybean plant in Volga.
- 5 injured in explosion in bread factory in Romanian city Updated: Nov-05-15 3:52 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Authorities say five people have been injured after an explosion in a bread factory in the central Romanian city of Brasov.
- Japanese company fined $70 million over exploding air bags Updated: Nov-03-15 10:55 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators fined Japan's Takata Corp. $70 million Tuesday for concealing evidence for years that its air bags are prone to explode with grisly consequences - a defect linked to eight deaths and more than 100 injuries worldwide.
- A look at the potential causes of Russian plane crash Updated: Nov-02-15 3:32 pm
NEW YORK - Investigators are still trying to determine what led to the sudden and catastrophic breakup of a Metrojet plane Saturday over Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, just 23 minutes after the Russian-operated jetliner took off from the resort of Sharm el-Sheikh.
- Men severely burned in Albuquerque home explosion Updated: Nov-02-15 7:52 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say two men were severely burned in a gas explosion at an Albuquerque home.
- Authorities say 1 hurt in Redford Township house explosion Updated: Nov-01-15 11:06 pm
REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities are investigating after a house explosion in suburban Detroit left one man injured.
- Somalia: 5 Islamic militants attack hotel in capital, kill 6 Updated: Nov-01-15 6:59 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Five of Somalia's Islamic extremists attacked a leading hotel in the capital at dawn Sunday, killing at least six people and injuring 10, before all the assailants were killed by security forces.