- Huge fireball in gas explosion burns homes, fleeing man Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A natural gas pipeline exploded in a towering, roaring fireball Friday, destroying a home several hundred yards away, damaging at least three others and creating waves of intense heat that burned a fleeing homeowner as he ran down a road, authorities said.
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Indianapolis house explosion suspect wants trial moved Updated: Apr-29-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fourth suspect in a house explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood has requested that his trial be moved from the city.
- Oklahoma City man sues utility after natural gas explosion Updated: Apr-28-16 11:20 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A man has filed a lawsuit claiming negligence against Oklahoma Natural Gas after he suffered serious burns from a January natural gas explosion that destroyed dozens of homes in northwest Oklahoma City.
- Independent probe of Hawaii lab explosion expected in May Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 pm
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii says an independent investigation into what caused a laboratory explosion that seriously injured a visiting researcher has been delayed by several weeks.
- The Latest: High schooler hurt while combining chemicals Updated: Apr-27-16 6:42 pm
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - The latest on a high school student injured by a chemical explosion (all times local):
- 2 Buncombe firefighters hurt when phosphoric acid explodes Updated: Apr-27-16 3:59 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials say two Buncombe County firefighters were injured when the burning phosphoric acid they found along the shoreline at Biltmore Lake exploded.
- German tourists in Myanmar recovering from land mine blast Updated: Apr-27-16 7:21 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Two German tourists and their local guide were recovering Wednesday from wounds suffered when they accidentally set off a land mine in eastern Myanmar.
- Memories painful on Chernobyl's 30th anniversary Updated: Apr-26-16 2:08 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - As Ukraine and Belarus on Tuesday marked the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident with solemn words and an angry protest, some of the men who were sent to the site in the first chaotic and frightening days were gripped by painful memories.
- Homemade explosives blamed for fatal Grand Island fire Updated: Apr-26-16 1:32 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - State investigators say homemade explosives caused the fire in which a Grand Island business owner died.
- Investigators: Explosion in Armenia's capital not terror act Updated: Apr-26-16 1:11 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - An explosion that devastated a bus in Armenia's capital, killing two people and injuring seven, was not the result of a terrorist attack, the country's investigative committee said Tuesday.
- 1 dead in Armenia bus explosion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:41 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Armenian officials say an explosion of a city bus in the capital has killed at least one person and wounded six others.
- A look at the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster in numbers Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 am
CHERNOBYL, Ukraine - Telling the story of Chernobyl in numbers 30 years later involves dauntingly large figures and others that are even more vexing because they're still unknown. A look at numbers that hint at the scope of the world's worst nuclear accident, the explosion and fire at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant on April 26, 1986:
- Oil tank fire near New Town prompts evacuation of 2 families Updated: Apr-25-16 7:04 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Two families were evacuated from their homes in the Van Hook area near New Town after a group of oil storage tanks exploded and burned.
- Death toll at 28 in Mexico petrochemical plant explosion Updated: Apr-23-16 12:13 am
MEXICO CITY - Searchers recovered four more bodies from a petrochemical plant wrecked by a huge explosion this week on Mexico's southeastern Gulf coast, raising the death toll to 28, the state oil company said Friday night.
- 30 years after blast, labor to clean Chernobyl's traces Updated: Apr-20-16 11:58 am
CHERNOBYL NUCLEAR POWER STATION, Ukraine - Thirty years after the world's worst nuclear accident, the Chernobyl power plant is surrounded by both desolation and clangorous activity, the sense of a ruined past and a difficult future.
- Good neighbors rescue Iowan from apartment after explosion Updated: Apr-20-16 6:18 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Authorities say neighbors suppressed flames and pulled a man from his Cedar Rapids apartment moments after an explosion.
- Judge bars exploded pipeline from upcoming PG&E trial Updated: Apr-19-16 5:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Prosecutors at Pacific Gas & Electric Co.'s upcoming criminal trial cannot show jurors a segment of a pipeline that exploded in a San Francisco Bay Area neighborhood or discuss how many people were killed and homes were destroyed, a federal judge ruled.
- The Latest: University: UC probe will have more on lab blast Updated: Apr-18-16 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Honolulu Fire Department's report on a lab explosion at the University of Hawaii last month (all times local):
- Fire department calls Hawaii lab explosion an accident Updated: Apr-18-16 10:56 pm
HONOLULU - A visiting researcher who lost an arm last month in a laboratory explosion at the University of Hawaii told fire investigators the blast occurred after she turned off a digital pressure gauge she was using to check the pressure in a gas cylinder.
- Jerusalem bus bombing wounds 21 Israelis Updated: Apr-18-16 3:11 pm
JERUSALEM - A bus exploded in Jerusalem on Monday, wounding at least 21 people in what police said was a "terror attack," raising fears of a return to the Palestinian suicide bombings that ravaged Israeli cities a decade ago.
- Explosion uncovers meth lab at southwest Ohio house Updated: Apr-18-16 3:32 am
CINCINNATI - Investigators say an explosion at a southwest Ohio home has uncovered a meth lab.
- Explosion destroys half of duplex in western Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-18-16 3:20 am
FOREST HILLS, Pennsylvania - Authorities say an explosion has destroyed half of a duplex in western Pennsylvania.
- Ammonium nitrate still near schools, houses in Texas towns Updated: Apr-17-16 9:06 pm
DALLAS - A newspaper analysis has found that while some safety steps have been taken across Texas following the deadly 2013 explosion at a plant in West, tons of the same kind of fertilizer that exploded there can still be found near schools and homes in some towns.
- Espanola vehicle explosion likely caused by cigarette Updated: Apr-16-16 11:43 am
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - Authorities say a vehicle explosion in Espanola that injured two people was ignited when a lit cigarette came into contact with a canister of oxygen.