- Truck fire, explosion at concrete company being investigated Updated: May-26-15 7:53 am
PEMBROKE, New York - Fire officials are trying to determine what sparked a series of explosions that burned vehicles at a western New York concrete company.
- Explosion at Turkish cement factory kills 3 near Ankara Updated: May-25-15 5:35 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish officials say an explosion at a cement factory in a town near Ankara has killed three employees.
- Hospital: 1 boy injured in Enumclaw explosion is critical Updated: May-23-15 5:19 pm
ENUMCLAW, Washington - A hospital spokeswoman says one of two boys seriously injured in an explosion outside a home in Enumclaw, Washington, is in critical condition.
- Distillery owner, injured worker sue company that made still Updated: May-23-15 4:17 pm
HARDIN, Kentucky - A distillery owner and one of his employees are suing a still-maker after an explosion last month that killed another worker.
- Man burned in blast making hash oil sues butane businesses Updated: May-22-15 6:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon medical marijuana patient who was badly burned in an explosion while he was legally using butane as a solvent to make hash oil is suing the makers and sellers of the fuel.
- Texas lawmakers approve fertilizer safety bill Updated: May-21-15 3:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers have sent to Gov. Greg Abbott a bill meant to strengthen regulations for storing the chemical fertilizer that caused a fatal explosion in West in 2013.
- Judge says ex-coal chief can't go to Las Vegas for holiday Updated: May-20-15 7:30 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A federal magistrate judge says former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship can't spend Memorial Day in Las Vegas.
- South Texas oil well explodes, prompting evacuations Updated: May-19-15 11:08 pm
KARNES CITY, Texas - A South Texas oil well exploded, spewing toxic hydrogen sulfide gas that forced the evacuation of several nearby homes.
- Authorities say hash oil linked to Omaha house explosion Updated: May-19-15 5:47 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say hash oil was being manufactured inside a house in Omaha shortly before a reported explosion that injured two people.
- Police say officer burned in accidental explosion Updated: May-19-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say 46-year-old officer Jeffrey Snook suffered burns early Monday evening in the remote southwest Nevada town of Sandy Valley when a trash fire inside a barrel erupted.
- Woman, 53, dies in house explosion in northern Indiana Updated: May-19-15 8:16 am
MEDARYVILLE, Indiana - Authorities have identified a woman who died in a house explosion in northern Indiana.
- Blasts at Kurdish party offices in Turkey injure 6 Updated: May-18-15 8:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Less than three weeks before Turkey's general election, two separate explosions in buildings housing the local headquarters of a pro-Kurdish political party injured at least six people, the party said.
- A look back 35 years after Mount St. Helens' deadly eruption Updated: May-16-15 12:07 pm
SEATTLE - Thirty-five years ago, Mount St. Helens in southwest Washington state erupted, killing 57 people, blasting more than 1,300 feet off the top and raining volcanic ash for miles around. Today, the volcano has become a world-class outdoor laboratory for the study of volcanoes, ecosystems and forestry, as well as a major recreational and tourist destination.
- Man injured when his van his propane tank, sparks explosion Updated: May-15-15 8:53 am
DELHI, New York - A 19-year-old upstate New York man is hospitalized with serious injuries after his minivan hit a 1,000-gallon propane tank at an American Legion hall, causing a large explosion and fire.
- Riverton man rescued from house fire, explosion Updated: May-13-15 11:36 am
RIVERTON, Wyoming - One man has been airlifted to the Salt Lake City burn unit after a fire and explosion in a rural Riverton home.
- Man hospitalized after barrel explosion in Florence Updated: May-12-15 2:56 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Authorities say a northwest Alabama man is in critical condition after an explosion at his house.
- Inmate hurt in blast at California sheriff's gun range dies Updated: May-12-15 2:47 pm
FRESNO, California - A jail inmate who was injured in a gas pipeline explosion at a central California sheriff's gun range last month has died, authorities said.
- Mountain blast for construction project a safety concern Updated: May-12-15 1:19 pm
PHOENIX - Blasting to the side of Camelback Mountain as part of a construction project was put to a halt after homeowners in the area voiced concerns about the rolling rocks and boulders that were damaging their homes.
- Tennessee woman injured when boat explodes at marina Updated: May-11-15 4:29 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A woman is in the hospital being treated for burns after a boat exploded at the gas dock of a west Tennessee marina.
- Man killed when car explodes, catches fire with him inside Updated: May-10-15 4:28 pm
IVA, South Carolina - The coroner in Anderson County says a man is dead after an explosion and fire involving a car he was sitting in.
- Memorial sought for victims of 1942 Pennsylvania blast Updated: May-10-15 4:10 pm
MARTINS CREEK, Pennsylvania - Some organizations and residents in eastern Pennsylvania are planning a memorial for victims of a cement plant explosion that killed 31 people during World War II.
- Police suspect gasoline in tank blast that killed 2 workers Updated: May-08-15 2:22 pm
HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, New York - A fuel tank that blew up in a suburban New York backyard, killing two laborers, likely held gasoline rather than heating oil, which is much less explosive, police said Friday.
- Man charged after home explosion pleads not guilty Updated: May-06-15 9:41 pm
CANON CITY, Colorado - A man accused of sparking a natural gas explosion at his Canon City home in an attempt to kill himself has pleaded not guilty.
- Manhole explodes by New York's Penn Station; hotel evacuated Updated: May-06-15 4:55 pm
NEW YORK - A manhole explosion near New York City's Penn Station has led to the evacuations of a hotel and the studios of Al Jazeera America. It also has snarled traffic and affected area phone, Internet and cable service.
- Ex-coal CEO asks judge to let him go home to Las Vegas Updated: May-06-15 11:13 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Ex-Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship is asking for a federal judge's permission to head home to Las Vegas for Memorial Day.