- Gas leak leads to explosion inside home in Woodbridge Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 am
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - Fire crews say a gas leak lead to an explosion at a home in Woodbridge.
- Saudi police: No injuries in blast in capital Updated: Feb-08-16 8:09 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Police in Saudi Arabia say an explosion damaged cars in the capital, Riyadh, but did not wound anyone.
- Somalia spokesman: Video shows laptop handed to bomb suspect Updated: Feb-07-16 6:31 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Security video footage taken at Mogadishu airport shows two men handing what looks like a laptop computer to the suspected suicide bomber after he passed through the security checkpoint, Somalia's government spokesman said Sunday.
- 1 person killed in plant explosion in Georgia Updated: Feb-07-16 1:23 pm
ROCKMART, Georgia - A coroner says a man has died and six others were injured in an explosion at a plant in northwest Georgia.
- 2 dead, 1 badly hurt in explosion at Spanish biodiesel plant Updated: Feb-06-16 11:43 am
MADRID - An explosion at a biodiesel plant has killed two workers and left one survivor seriously injured, Spanish emergency services said Saturday.
- China probe says stored chemical caused Tianjin blasts Updated: Feb-05-16 11:27 am
BEIJING - Deadly warehouse blasts that killed 165 people in a Chinese port city in August were triggered when a chemical stored in an unlicensed facility became too dry and caught fire, investigators announced Friday.
- Sheriff's sergeant hurt when burning tire on truck explodes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a sheriff's sergeant was injured when a burning tire on truck exploded in southern Michigan.
- Disposal of fireworks materials kills 8 in southwest China Updated: Feb-05-16 9:59 am
BEIJING - Eight people were killed and nine others injured in an explosion that occurred when a local government agency in charge of work safety in southwestern China was disposing of leftover materials used to make fireworks, state media said Friday.
- Police investigate 3-year-old burned by exploding heater Updated: Feb-04-16 10:50 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Police were investigating after a 3-year-old Pennsylvania boy was burned by an exploding space heater.
- Officials search for cause of death for family in explosion Updated: Feb-04-16 6:18 am
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio mother and two young girls were so badly burned that investigators can't determine if they suffered any injuries prior to a fatal house explosion and fire.
- Official: House exploded minutes after firefighters arrived Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 am
HENRIETTA, New York - Firefighters say a suburban Rochester house explosion would've been deadly if it had happened two minutes earlier.
- OSHA cites 'Texas' producers over deadly fireworks blast Updated: Feb-02-16 5:10 pm
PALO DURO CANYON STATE PARK, Texas - Federal officials have issued citations against a group that puts on the outdoor musical "Texas" after a stage manager was killed last summer when two containers of fireworks exploded at the production venue in Palo Duro Canyon.
- Oklahoma gas company says bad workmanship caused explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 4:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A gas utility has said bad workmanship was the cause of a Jan. 2 pipeline explosion that obliterated a northwest Oklahoma City home, damaged dozens of others and severely injured a man.
- Regulators: Fresno County responsible for pipeline explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 12:41 pm
FRESNO, California - The California Public Utilities Commission determined that Fresno County was responsible for a deadly April pipeline explosion at a shooting range in Fresno.
- Moldova: grenade explodes at house of central bank chief Updated: Feb-01-16 2:34 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Prosecutors say a grenade was lobbed and exploded at the house of the outgoing governor of Moldova's central bank. There were no casualties.
- West report OK'd, stricter ammonium nitrate standards urged Updated: Jan-28-16 11:37 pm
WACO, Texas - Federal regulators approved a report Thursday that found inadequate emergency response coordination and training and careless storage of potentially explosive materials contributed to a catastrophic 2013 blast at a Texas fertilizer plant.
- 4 bodies found at scene of house explosion in Kentucky Updated: Jan-27-16 7:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say four bodies have been found at the scene of a house explosion and fire in southern Kentucky.
- Authorities: 1 man dead in house explosion in eastern Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 7:29 pm
NEWCOMERSTOWN, Ohio - A house explosion left one man dead in eastern Ohio, authorities said Wednesday.
- Death toll in blast that rocked New Jersey home rises to 4 Updated: Jan-27-16 4:38 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - The death toll in an explosion that rocked a northern New Jersey home in November has risen to four.
- Another death reported in crash involving Takata air bags Updated: Jan-27-16 2:03 pm
DETROIT - Another death has been reported in a crash that involved an exploding Takata air bag inflator, but it's unclear whether the inflator killed the person.
- Garbage truck fueled by natural gas explodes in New Jersey Updated: Jan-27-16 1:26 pm
HAMILTON, New Jersey - Authorities say no one was injured when a garbage truck fueled by natural gas exploded "like a missile" in New Jersey.
- Explosion, fire in sewage plant blamed on mechanical failure Updated: Jan-27-16 11:34 am
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Investigators have determined that an explosion and fire in a sewage treatment facility near Boston that injured five workers was caused by the mechanical failure of an industrial circulation fan.
- 1 dead, 3 missing after southern Kentucky log house explodes Updated: Jan-26-16 6:45 pm
COLUMBIA, Kentucky - One person died and three were missing after an explosion and fire Tuesday at a log house in southern Kentucky.
- Disabled daughter saves mother after oxygen tank explodes Updated: Jan-26-16 2:56 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 48-year-old woman developmentally disabled woman with myotonic muscular dystrophy saved her mother's life and stopped a house fire at their Butte home.
- Ford recalls about 391K Ranger pickups due to air bag death Updated: Jan-26-16 11:40 am
DETROIT - Ford is recalling about 391,000 Ranger pickups because the driver's air bag inflators can explode with too much force and cause injuries.