- Feds: Defense lawyer offered money to hate crime victim Updated: May-27-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - A Boston defense attorney offered cash to the victim of a hate crime and urged the man not to cooperate further with state and U.S. law enforcement officials, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Religion news in brief Updated: May-27-15 12:22 pm
11-year protest in Catholic church faces moment of reckoning
- Police: Pair charged with hate crime over alleged arson Updated: May-27-15 6:20 am
SPRING VALLEY, New York - A homeless man and a teenager have been charged with a hate crime for allegedly torching a New York home.
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says hate crimes decline Updated: May-19-15 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says statistics show hate crimes last year in the state declined from 2013, but more incidents of religious bias were reported.
- Hate-crime hoaxer gets 90 days for probation violation Updated: May-16-15 4:55 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A woman who faked an anti-gay hate crime has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating probation, but she can apply to serve the time on house arrest.
- Man convicted of Omaha hate crime doesn't show at sentencing Updated: May-13-15 4:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 36-year-old man convicted of a hate crime in connection with an assault on a Marine in downtown Omaha didn't show up to his sentencing hearing.
- Last of 10 young white people in racial assault sentenced Updated: May-08-15 2:59 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The last of 10 young white people who repeatedly assaulted African-Americans in Mississippi's capital city received the maximum sentence of 10 years in prison Friday, completing a long-running federal prosecution in the case.
- NYPD probe restaurant chair attack as possible hate crime Updated: May-07-15 9:31 am
NEW YORK - A brawl inside a New York City restaurant in which two men were hit over the head with a chair is being investigated by police as a possible hate crime.
- Texas Muslims on edge amid protests, contest attack Updated: May-05-15 8:44 pm
DALLAS - When an outspoken opponent of radical Islam sought to mock Muhammad in Texas, home to one of the nation's largest Islamic communities, local Muslims were encouraged to ignore her, and they did.
- Police investigate beating of man outside Dallas-area mosque Updated: May-05-15 7:28 pm
RICHARDSON, Texas - Police say a worshipper leaving a prayer service at a Dallas-area mosque was slightly hurt after being attacked in the parking lot by two men who fled.
- S. California victim of baseball bat hate-crime attack dies Updated: Apr-30-15 11:55 pm
RIALTO, California - A Southern California man who was beaten with a baseball bat has died and authorities say they'll seek a murder charge in the alleged hate crime attack.
- Suit: Suburban NY police targeted Latinos for traffic stops Updated: Apr-30-15 6:01 pm
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A suburban New York police department that has been the target of Justice Department scrutiny and criticism from a civil rights group is being accused in a lawsuit of systematically targeting Latinos for unfounded, race-based traffic stops, and in some cases, robberies.