- Comptroller to audit NY hate crimes reporting Updated: Dec-06-13 1:42 pm
- SJSU president names hate crime task force leader Updated: Dec-05-13 8:41 pm
- NY police agree to changes in wake of bias death Updated: Dec-03-13 7:04 pm
- Hate crime reports decline in California in 2012 Updated: Nov-27-13 8:07 pm
- Federal agencies announce hate crime task force Updated: Nov-27-13 5:04 am
- Official: School failed student in harassment case Updated: Nov-25-13 6:10 pm
- Man pleads guilty to racist threats against coach Updated: Nov-25-13 4:58 pm
- Va. ex-minister pleads guilty to lying to FBI Updated: Nov-25-13 1:10 pm
- Hate crime incidents were down slightly last year Updated: Nov-25-13 11:31 am
- 1 arrested after possible 'knockout' assault Updated: Nov-23-13 9:00 pm
- 4th student suspended in college hate crime case Updated: Nov-22-13 11:04 pm
- Immigrant-police relations on Long Island improve Updated: Nov-12-13 12:23 pm
- Livingston man charged with hate crime Updated: Nov-11-13 4:17 pm
- Police: Man attacked relative for being gay Updated: Nov-09-13 7:28 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York comptroller's office is auditing hate crime reporting statewide after a legislator earlier this year cited an apparent spike in incidents.
SAN JOSE, California - The president of a California university where four white students are accused of racially tormenting their black roommate says he has set up a task force that will conduct an independent review of the harassment, which has sparked outrage on campus and throughout the Bay Area.
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York police department under federal scrutiny following the 2008 hate crime killing of an Ecuadorean immigrant has reached a tentative agreement to enhance investigations of hate crimes and bias incidents, the U.S. Justice Department announced Tuesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of hate crimes reported in California declined about 12 percent last year and has dropped by more than one-third over the last decade, the state attorney general's office said Wednesday.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A new federal task force wants to reduce hate crimes in the Kansas City area by promoting awareness of the problem and fostering open discussion of solutions.
SAN JOSE, California - The president of a California university where four white students are accused of harassing a black student says the school failed to adequately intervene or impose sanctions.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for making racially motivated threats to an African-American assistant football coach at a high school.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former minister in Chesterfield County has pleaded guilty to lying to an FBI agent during a hate crime investigation.
WASHINGTON - The FBI is reporting that hate crime incidents were slightly down last year.
NEW YORK - New York City police have arrested a man on charges of assault as a hate crime after a 24-year-old says he was punched in the face.
SAN JOSE, California - A fourth student has been suspended in connection with an incident at San Jose State University involving alleged hate crimes against a black student.
PATCHOGUE, New York - Reaction to the death of an Ecuadorean worker targeted by marauding teenagers on Long Island five years ago has led to an atmosphere of greater tolerance toward Hispanic immigrants, migrants and local activists said, making it easier for them to go to the authorities when they have been victims of crime.
LIVINGSTON, Montana - A Livingston man is charged with a hate crime after prosecutors say he directed racial insults at a Hispanic man, attacked him and then struck him with a vehicle.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln police say a 20-year-old man attacked a relative with a crowbar because she's gay, and investigators are treating the attack as a hate crime.