- Hate crime charge in NY attack on Sikh professor Updated: Apr-19-14 9:34 pm
- Discrimination task force issues recommendations Updated: Apr-19-14 12:50 am
- Court chaos: Iraqi man convicted in wife's murder Updated: Apr-18-14 3:37 am
- Holder: Hate crimes 'an affront to who we are' Updated: Apr-17-14 5:15 pm
- Jury weighs murder charge against Iraqi immigrant Updated: Apr-16-14 9:59 pm
- Nebraska judge upheld on hate crime case dismissal Updated: Apr-16-14 11:55 am
- Southern Utah man facing hate crime charges Updated: Apr-15-14 11:32 am
- Feds to probe hate crimes link in Kansas shootings Updated: Apr-14-14 11:16 am
- Amnesty International criticizes Greek police Updated: Apr-03-14 3:35 pm
- Convicted Ohio Amish leader says evidence weak Updated: Apr-01-14 1:35 pm
- DOJ trains cops to work with transgender people Updated: Mar-27-14 10:59 pm
- Prison ordered for California hate-crime attack Updated: Mar-25-14 5:59 pm
- Long Island officer pleads not guilty in bias case Updated: Mar-24-14 7:27 pm
- Court rejects appeal in swastika branding case Updated: Mar-24-14 10:14 am
NEW YORK - A man accused of pulling the beard of a Sikh professor before a group of young men who had called the professor "Osama" and a "terrorist" attacked him, has been arrested and charged with a hate crime, police said Saturday.
SAN JOSE, California - A committee formed at San Jose State University after a black student said his white roommates racially harassed and tortured him has issued a set of recommendations to the school on how it can improve safety and diversity on campus.
EL CAJON, California - What began as a hate crime investigation two years ago has led to the murder conviction of an Iraqi immigrant, whose wife was found badly beaten with a threatening note labeling her a terrorist.
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - All Americans stand with the mourners of three people killed at Jewish community sites in suburban Kansas City, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday, adding that hate crimes are "an affront" to the nation.
EL CAJON, California - A Southern California jury ended its first full day of deliberations Wednesday in the trial of an Iraqi immigrant charged with beating his wife to death - a killing that police at first suspected was a hate crime.
GERING, Nebraska - Scotts Bluff County's top prosecutor says he hasn't decided yet whether to keep appealing the dismissal of a hate crime case.
SALT LAKE CITY - Federal officials have filed hate crime charges against a southern Utah man accused of threatening to kill members of an interracial family.
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric Holder ordered a Justice Department investigation Monday into whether federal hate crimes were committed in shootings at two Jewish facilities in Kansas that killed three people.
ATHENS, Greece - The rights group Amnesty International said Thursday it has found a culture of impunity and abuse within the Greek police, which it also criticized for inadequately responding to hate crimes and attacks by far-right groups on migrants and protesters.
CINCINNATI - The leader of 16 Ohio Amish men and women found guilty of hate crimes for cutting the hair and beards of fellow members of their faith is arguing in a new court filing that federal prosecutors are assassinating his character in the face of weak evidence.
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department launched a program Thursday to train local police departments to better respond to transgender individuals, a population authorities say is disproportionately harmed by violence.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Northern California man has been sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison for beating a white man and a black woman in what prosecutors say was a racially motivated attack.
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A suburban New York police sergeant was targeting Hispanic motorists for robbery while on patrol, grabbing $50 or $100 cash at a time from victims for at least four years before being caught in January, a prosecutor said Monday.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has refused to review the hate crime conviction of a New Mexico man who participated in branding a swastika on the arm of a Navajo man with mental disabilities.