- Transgender woman beaten, shot dead; unclear if hate crime Updated: Oct-06-15 6:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A transgender woman was beaten and shot to death, but authorities said it was too early in their investigation to tell whether it might have been a hate crime.
- 2nd South Texas man pleads to hate crime torture of gay man Updated: Sep-24-15 4:56 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A second South Texas man has pleaded guilty to federal hate crime charges for the March 2012 torture of a gay African-American man in Corpus Christi.
- Chicago-area teen charged with hate crime in attack on Sikh Updated: Sep-15-15 5:42 pm
WHEATON, Illinois - A suburban Chicago teenager already charged with punching a Sikh man during what authorities describe as a road rage incident has been charged with a hate crime, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Teen faces charges in attack on suburban Chicago Sikh man Updated: Sep-11-15 6:05 pm
DARIEN, Illinois - Authorities say a suburban Chicago teenager faces charges in an assault on a Sikh man that police are investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Man accused of assaulting veteran faces hate-crime charge Updated: Sep-11-15 4:25 am
BOULDER, Colorado - A man accused of assaulting a wheelchair-bound Vietnam veteran has been bound over for trial in Boulder District Court on multiple charges including a bias-motivated crime.
- Hate crime charge in burning of church bench supporting LGBT Updated: Sep-10-15 9:16 am
OGDENSBURG, New York - Police say they've have charged a 47-year-old man with a hate crime for torching an outdoor bench that had been painted in rainbow colors by members of a northern new York to show support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- California man arrested in spate of anti-Chinese graffiti Updated: Sep-09-15 10:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police have arrested a suspect in a rash of anti-Chinese graffiti discovered this weekend in two southeast neighborhoods.
- Emporia State investigation finds no evidence of hate crime Updated: Sep-09-15 9:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An investigation found no evidence to support hate crime and discrimination allegations made by an assistant professor and his wife against Emporia State University, the university announced Wednesday.
- Burning of crosses in mosque lawn leads to hate crime charge Updated: Sep-09-15 3:07 am
CARLTON, New York - Three people face hate crime and other charges after authorities say they burned two crosses into the lawn of a western New York mosque.