- LI man charged with DWI with children in car Updated: May-05-15 5:34 am
HEMPSTEAD, New York - A Long Island man traveling with his two young children has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker convicted of drunken driving Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A judge has found a former Rhode Island state senator guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Pa. state lawmaker 'in a lot of pain' after motorcycle crash Updated: May-04-15 12:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania Senate leader who has a pivotal role in budget negotiations and plans to address public-sector pension funding was in considerable pain Monday, two days after a motorcycle accident in Allentown, an aide said.
- Police ID mother, toddler killed when car slams into complex Updated: May-04-15 11:13 am
LIVERMORE, California - The names of a woman and a toddler who were killed when a suspected drunken driver crashed into a Northern California apartment complex have been released.
- Car smashes into complex, kills woman, child walking outside Updated: May-04-15 10:46 am
LIVERMORE, California - A car driven by a suspected drunken driver crashed into a Northern California apartment complex, killing a woman and her toddler and slightly injuring two other children as they all walked together outside, police said.
- Police: Man hits a grandfather pushing grandson in stroller Updated: May-04-15 6:22 am
BETHPAGE, New York - A Long Island man is in custody after police say he was driving drunk when he hit a man pushing his 2-year-old grandson in a stroller.
- Police: Man rammed cops, went wrong way on turnpike Updated: May-04-15 5:31 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a New York City man slammed into the back of a Port Authority police car before turning around and heading the wrong way on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Maine man faces charges after car hits pole Updated: May-03-15 2:49 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Police in Maine say a South Portland man faces charges after he hit a telephone pole while driving under the influence of alcohol with a child in the car.
- Missouri governor's son accused of driving while intoxicated Updated: May-02-15 9:11 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia police say the 24-year-old son of Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is accused of driving while intoxicated after being pulled over for running a red light.
- Gulfport man gets prison sentence for felony DUI Updated: May-02-15 12:14 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport man with seven drunken-driving arrests since 1999 has been sentenced to prison.
- Man arrested on DWI charge after Lincoln Tunnel incident Updated: May-01-15 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a man who sped through a Lincoln Tunnel tube while it was closed for maintenance has been arrested on DWI and other charges.
- California woman who ran over father charged with murder Updated: May-01-15 12:00 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - A woman who authorities say ran over her father while he was trying to prevent her from driving drunk has been charged with second-degree murder in Southern California.
- Judge refuses to dismiss former state senator's DUI charges Updated: May-01-15 7:20 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A District Court judge has refused to dismiss a drunken-driving charge against former Democratic state Sen. Stephen Alves.
- Man gets nearly 16 years for driving drunk, killing woman Updated: Apr-30-15 2:59 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - A 34-year-old man has been sentenced to 190 months in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter and assault as a result of a 2013 drunken driving accident.
- Judge goes light on repeat drunk driving offender Updated: Apr-30-15 2:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Despite a prosecutor's arguments that a drunken driver hasn't learned his lesson after hitting a Gresham bicyclist in 2004 and leaving her to die, a Multnomah County Circuit judge Wednesday said she wouldn't send the man to prison for driving drunk again.
- New Jersey man sentenced for deadly DWI crash Updated: Apr-30-15 12:16 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - The southern New Jersey man who prosecutors say was drunk when he caused a crash that killed one boy and paralyzed another told the victims' families his father was killed by a drunken driver.
- Prosecutors: Don't toss DUI cases for imperfect video Updated: Apr-29-15 6:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina prosecutors want state law to de-emphasize video in drunken driving cases, saying too many are being dismissed because of imperfect recordings.
- Man sentenced to 20 to 50 years in fatal DUI crash Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A man who pleaded guilty in a drunken-driving crash that killed a recent high school graduate has been sentenced to 20 to 50 years in prison.
- Nebraska man gets 8-12 years for injuring boy in hit-and-run Updated: Apr-29-15 12:26 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 24-year-old man has been given eight to 12 years in prison for injuring an 11-year-old Lincoln boy in a hit-and-run accident.
- Cops: Woman who drove into house was 4 times over DWI limit Updated: Apr-29-15 6:59 am
DEPEW, New York - Police say a 50-year-old woman's blood-alcohol content was more than four times over the legal limit when she drove her car into a suburban Buffalo home.
- Reviewer: Judge interfered in intern's drunk driving case Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - An official has upheld a Judicial Tenure Commission findings that a Washtenaw County judge interfered with an investigation of his intern's drunken driving arrest and gave false statements about it, but he says the actions don't add up to misconduct in office.
- Stalled felony DUI bill passes key Senate test after changes Updated: Apr-28-15 8:02 pm
DENVER - A measure to add penalties for habitual drunken drivers advanced in the state Senate on Tuesday after weeks of delay.
- NY man charged with DWI was father of girl killed in crash Updated: Apr-28-15 8:25 am
VIRGIL, New York - Police say a 6-year-old girl killed in an alcohol-related crash on a rural central New York road was the daughter of the man who caused the accident.
- Paris police chief apologizes for drunk driving arrest Updated: Apr-28-15 7:30 am
PARIS, Maine - Paris Police Chief Michael Madden has apologized to the town's Board of Selectmen for his drunken driving arrest.
- Mark Bosnich pleads guilty to reckless driving Updated: Apr-28-15 12:50 am
SYDNEY - Former Manchester United goalkeeper Mark Bosnich has pleaded guilty in a Sydney court to a charge of reckless driving relating to an incident last year in which a cyclist was injured.