- At least 22 arrested in Rhode Island drunk driving crackdown Updated: Nov-26-15 2:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police cracking down on Thanksgiving drunken driving have made nearly two dozen arrests so far around Rhode Island.
- Maryland State trooper charged with DUI after crash Updated: Nov-26-15 1:39 pm
ELKTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have charged a trooper with DUI after a single-car crash in Elkton.
- State high court ousts breath test evidence in DUI case Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 pm
HONOLULU - DUI cases may be impacted by a state Supreme Court decision that ousted a defendant's breath test as evidence.
- Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian complaints Updated: Nov-25-15 5:18 pm
CHICAGO - The white Chicago police officer charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a black teenager was the subject of 18 civilian complaints over 14 years, including allegations that he used racial epithets and excessive force, police and court records show.
- Man arrested for DUI in fatal hit-and-run that killed teen Updated: Nov-25-15 11:42 am
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Authorities have identified the 16-year-old girl killed in a hit-and-run in North Las Vegas after the alleged driver was arrested in what is believed to be an alcohol-related crash.
- Man gets 5 to 10 years for drunken motorcycle fatality Updated: Nov-25-15 9:54 am
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man will spend five to 10 years in prison for a drunken motorcycle crash in which his passenger was killed.
- South Tahoe school superintendent receives buyout package Updated: Nov-25-15 9:09 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The superintendent in charge of schools on the California side of south Lake Tahoe has received a $125,000 buyout package for resigning after being arrested twice on investigation of drunken driving.
- Man admits to drinking, smoking pot before fatal crash Updated: Nov-25-15 4:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A driver who fled the scene after striking and killing a pedestrian on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
- Young adult gets 30 years for DUI deaths of 2 students Updated: Nov-24-15 7:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A 19-year-old man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the DUI deaths of two Brookhaven High School students.
- Firefighter charged in fatal off-duty drunken driving crash Updated: Nov-24-15 7:26 pm
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - A suburban Detroit firefighter has been charged with second-degree murder and operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death in an off-duty crash that killed a 17-year-old girl.
- School bus driver charged with driving drunk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:19 pm
STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania - A northeastern Pennsylvania school bus driver has been charged with driving under the influence with six children aboard.
- John Stamos pleads no contest to driving under the influence Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - John Stamos was sentenced to three years of probation Tuesday after he pleaded no contest to driving under the influence of a drug earlier this year.
- Man charged with vehicular homicide, DUI in fatal crash Updated: Nov-24-15 7:36 am
VINELAND, New Jersey - Police say the man behind the wheel of a pickup truck involved in a deadly collision last week in southern New Jersey was driving drunk.
- 2-car accident results in DWI arrest on Long Island Updated: Nov-24-15 7:31 am
SMITHTOWN, New York - Police say a woman has been charged with DWI following a two-car accident on Long Island.
- Woman, 22, pleads guilty to DWI in deadly western NY crash Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 am
BETHANY, New York - A western New York woman has pleaded guilty to drunken driving charges in a crash that killed an 18-year-old woman and injured several other passengers.
- Man charged in DUI crash, 3 kids in vehicle Updated: Nov-24-15 3:00 am
ORMOND BEACH, Florida - Authorities say a central Florida man was drunk and transporting three children when he crashed his vehicle.
- Funeral for Colorado trooper killed by suspected DUI driver Updated: Nov-23-15 7:23 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Law enforcement officers from across the country are honoring a Colorado State Patrol trooper who investigators say was killed by a vehicle driven by a retired Army colonel who they suspect had been drinking.
- Suspected drunken driver hits moving train, escapes injury Updated: Nov-23-15 8:30 am
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police say a suspected drunken driver escaped injury after crashing into a moving train in suburban Detroit.
- Man crashes van carrying group home residents, arrested Updated: Nov-23-15 6:42 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Formal charges are pending against a Fargo man accused of driving drunk and crashing a van carrying two residents of a group home.
- Police: Suspected drunk driver hits police cruiser on I-95 Updated: Nov-23-15 5:32 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a suspected drunken driver crashed into a Philadelphia police cruiser on Interstate 95.
- Chain-reaction crash sends firefighter, deputy to hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 4:42 am
MCKENNY, Virginia - A tractor-trailer driver has been charged with reckless driving after a chain-reaction crash involving a firetruck and a sheriff's car.
- 2 killed by suspected drunken driver in South LA Updated: Nov-22-15 1:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say the driver of a minivan and a pedestrian were killed when they were struck by an out-of-control car in South Los Angeles.
- Pomona officers injured in crash caused by DUI suspect Updated: Nov-22-15 11:56 am
POMONA, California - Authorities say two Pomona police officers were hospitalized after their patrol car was struck by a suspected drunken driver during a routine traffic stop.
- Woman gets prison after striking college students in 4th DUI Updated: Nov-21-15 10:16 am
WOODBURY, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey woman who hit three Rowan University students while driving drunk has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison.
- Court: No immunity for medical marijuana users under DUI law Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Friday that medical marijuana cardholders don't have immunity from prosecution under a state DUI law that prohibits drivers from having in their bodies any amount of marijuana or its chemical compound that causes impairment.