- Mom charged for driving away with daughter clinging to car Updated: Aug-02-15 11:19 am
FARMINGTON, Minnesota - A Minnesota woman has been charged with drunken driving after allegedly driving away while her 8-year-old daughter clung to the outside of the car.
- SD woman charged with felony child abuse arrested for DWI Updated: Aug-02-15 10:40 am
KYLE, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman who authorities accuse of causing the death of her five-week old baby has been arrested for an apparent violation of her pretrial release conditions.
- Former UNM lobbyist pulls out of consulting contract Updated: Aug-01-15 6:19 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico's former chief lobbyist, who resigned after a drunken driving arrest, will not be returning to the school through a $50,000 consulting contract.
- NH crash brings serious injuries, DWI charge Updated: Aug-01-15 11:44 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - A single-vehicle crash in Portsmouth has left two New Hampshire women seriously injured, with one facing charges including driving while intoxicated.
- Former breath test operator suspended, DUI cases in jeopardy Updated: Aug-01-15 11:37 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - More than 200 drunken-driving cases could be in jeopardy after officials said a former breath test operator for Louisville's corrections department was suspended after allegations that she lied on a report and in testimony under oath.
- Man arrested on homicide charge after crash in East Nassau Updated: Jul-31-15 11:29 pm
EAST NASSAU, New York - A suburban New York man has pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide and other charges after a fatal crash in Rensselaer County.
- Pacers' Jordan Hill arrested in Georgia for reckless driving Updated: Jul-31-15 6:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers newcomer Jordan Hill was arrested near Atlanta on charges of reckless driving and speeding after police clocked his car going 107 mph in a 65 mph zone.
- Tougher penalties for multiple DUIs among new Colorado laws Updated: Jul-31-15 3:20 pm
DENVER - Colorado will begin punishing habitual drunken drivers with felonies and longer prison sentences, one of dozens of new laws taking effect next week.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer arrested for DWI Updated: Jul-31-15 3:02 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police detectives say an officer is accused of driving his patrol cruiser while impaired.
- Montana Supreme Court upholds 24/7 Sobriety Program Updated: Jul-30-15 7:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court upheld the state's 24/7 Sobriety Program in a ruling Thursday, saying charging associated fees for alcohol monitoring is not pretrial punishment in violation of the Constitution.
- Missouri lawmaker Hinson pleads guilty to DWI near Capitol Updated: Jul-30-15 5:10 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A state House member from eastern Missouri has pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated in the capital city.
- Bears' Jennings pleads guilty to reckless driving charge Updated: Jul-30-15 4:37 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings pleaded guilty to reckless driving stemming from an arrest in Georgia in January.
- Officials: 2,000+ DUI arrests made in Delaware this year Updated: Jul-30-15 12:43 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officials say over 2,000 people have been arrested in Delaware this year as part of a campaign targeting drunken driving.
- David Cassidy prepares to auction Florida mansion Updated: Jul-30-15 11:49 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Like many of his baby boomer peers with grown children and debts to settle, one-time heartthrob David Cassidy is looking to downsize.
- Eastern New York man faces DWI charge in crash that killed 1 Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 am
NASSAU, New York - State police say an eastern New York man is facing a drunken driving charge stemming from a crash that killed one of his passengers.
- Affidavit: Driver who hit, killed man was racing, drunk Updated: Jul-28-15 9:28 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Investigators say a driver was drunk and racing another vehicle when he hit and killed a man with his car in Colorado Springs.
- Man indicted for negligent manslaughter in car crash Updated: Jul-28-15 9:04 pm
SNOW HILL, Maryland - A Philadelphia man has been indicted on charges of negligent manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol in a crash that left a woman dead and left him and two children injured.
- Driver in crash that killed SD boy pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-28-15 7:04 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The driver in the crash that killed a 14-year-old boy in Mitchell last month has pleaded not guilty to multiple charges stemming from the incident.
- Judge throws out drunken driving charge against Rep. Beck Updated: Jul-28-15 6:23 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A judge on Tuesday threw out a drunken driving case against freshman state Rep. Bill Beck on the basis that the police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to pull him over.
- Judge throws out drunken driving charge against lawmaker Updated: Jul-28-15 5:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A judge has thrown out a drunken driving case against state Democratic Rep. Bill Beck on the basis that the police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to pull him over.
- State sheriff, top deputy suspended over mishandled DUI case Updated: Jul-28-15 9:04 am
HONOLULU - The State Sheriff and a top deputy have been suspended without pay after an investigation into a DUI case involving another deputy in 2013.
- Fultondale councilman facing second drunken driving charge Updated: Jul-28-15 5:40 am
FULTONDALE, Alabama - A Fultondale city councilman was charged earlier this year with driving under the influence, four years after he was removed from the council after being arrested for the same crime.
- Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo found guilty of DUI Updated: Jul-27-15 8:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo was found guilty Monday of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, but he won't have to serve jail time in the case.
- Puddle of Mudd singer Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing Updated: Jul-27-15 8:19 pm
OLIVIA, Minnesota - Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin faces charges of drunken driving and fleeing police after a chase in Minnesota that reached speeds of about 100 mph.
- Appeals court upholds law in breath test refusal case Updated: Jul-27-15 6:07 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A law that makes it a crime for someone to refuse a breath test when arrested for drunken driving was affirmed Monday by the Minnesota Court of Appeals - but one judge signaled there could be an issue with the law as it relates to blood or urine tests.