- Woman dies from injuries in crash with driver fleeing police Updated: Aug-27-15 1:04 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond police say a woman has died from injuries suffered in a wreck involving a driver who was fleeing officers.
- Lawmaker blasts prosecutor for actions on son's DUI case Updated: Aug-27-15 11:55 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Rep. Bill Pownall, who resigned as Campbell County sheriff last year amid allegations he influenced a drunken-driving investigation of his son, criticized the motive and actions of the former county attorney in her dealing with his sheriff's office and son.
- Aberdeen store needs temporary support after car crash Updated: Aug-27-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A wall at an Aberdeen clothing store had to be shored up after a drunken driver crashed into the building.
- Schenectady man is NY state's first 'Vince's Law' conviction Updated: Aug-27-15 6:47 am
BALLSTON SPA, New York - Officials say a Schenectady man who recently pleaded guilty in a felony drunk driving case is the first conviction under New York state's "Vince's Law" enacted last year.
- Drunken driver accused of 4 hit-and-runs in Sioux Falls Updated: Aug-27-15 6:29 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Brookings man is in custody in Sioux Falls after allegedly driving drunk and hitting four vehicles, including one that was occupied.
- Judge reverses manslaughter conviction due to GM ignition Updated: Aug-26-15 6:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania judge reversed the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman Wednesday after determining a faulty General Motors ignition switch contributed to her crashing into a school bus and utility pole, killing her teenage passenger.
- California cardinal accused of drunken driving in Hawaii Updated: Aug-25-15 4:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The former archbishop of San Francisco has been arrested in Hawaii on suspicion of drunken driving.
- School superintendent for South Tahoe sorry about DUI Updated: Aug-25-15 11:46 am
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, California - The superintendent in charge of schools on the California side of south Lake Tahoe is apologizing for his recent conviction of driving under the influence.
- Ohio woman pleads guilty in river crash that killed boy, 4 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - A woman who authorities say was drunk when her car went into a river, killing her friend's 4-year-old son, has pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide.
- Suspected drunken driver charged in fatal motorcycle crash Updated: Aug-25-15 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A suspected drunken driver has been charged in a crash that killed a motorcyclist who was stopped at a red light.
- Police: Driver was drunk when he hit, killed bicyclist Updated: Aug-24-15 10:40 pm
DENVER - Police say a man was driving drunk when he hit and killed a father who was riding his bicycle on Lookout Mountain Road near Golden.
- Man arrested for vehicular homicide after Sioux Falls crash Updated: Aug-24-15 8:13 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A judge in southeast South Dakota has set bond at $10,000 for a Sioux Falls man facing several charges including vehicular homicide after a fatal crash in the city.
- Woman accused of manslaughter, DUI after crash in Maricopa Updated: Aug-24-15 5:16 pm
PHOENIX - A woman is accused of manslaughter and driving impaired after a car crash in Maricopa killed her passenger.
- The Latest on Oklahoma stabbing: Fallin praises Costello Updated: Aug-24-15 5:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on the fatal stabbing of Oklahoma's labor commissioner (all times local):
- Bears DL Ratliff suspended 3 games for substance-abuse issue Updated: Aug-24-15 4:45 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The NFL suspended Chicago defensive lineman Jeremiah Ratliff without pay for the first three games of the season Monday, saying he violated its substance-abuse policy.
- Woman dies after being hit by car; driver charged with DWI Updated: Aug-24-15 7:28 am
BUFFALO, New York - Police say a 54-year-old man has been charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving while intoxicated after a pedestrian was fatally struck in a Buffalo neighborhood.
- LI man accused of DWI with 3 children in car Updated: Aug-24-15 6:28 am
PLAINVIEW, New York - A Long Island man has been charged with driving drunk with three of his young children in the car.
- DUI suspect crashes into police cruiser, injuring officer Updated: Aug-23-15 3:55 pm
GARDEN GROVE, California - Orange County authorities say a police officer was hurt when a drunken driving suspect drove into opposing lanes of traffic and smashed his car head-on into a police cruiser in Garden Grove.
- New Mexico State Police officer fired after missing hearing Updated: Aug-23-15 12:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico State Police officer who missed a hearing related to a DWI arrest he made has been fired by the department.
- Omaha police sergeant cited on suspicion of DUI Updated: Aug-22-15 2:32 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha police sergeant accused of driving drunk and leaving the scene of an accident has been ticketed.
- Ohio man gets 4 years for DUI crash that killed pedestrian Updated: Aug-22-15 8:02 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio man has been sentenced to four years in prison for getting behind the wheel while drunk, driving off the road and killing one pedestrian and injuring another a year ago.
- Wild assistant Darryl Sydor charged with drunken driving Updated: Aug-21-15 5:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Wild assistant coach Darryl Sydor was jailed on drunken-driving charges Friday after authorities said he became lost trying to take his 12-year-old son to a hockey tournament and ended up apologizing repeatedly to the weeping boy.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org for upstate and email@example.com for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- SC's DUI campaign gears up as summer season comes to end Updated: Aug-21-15 12:18 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - With the summer travel season winding down and with traffic deaths up across the state, South Carolina law enforcement agencies are gearing up their efforts to keep drunk drivers off the road.
- New Jersey police get nearly $1M to target drunk drivers Updated: Aug-21-15 10:23 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Some 182 police departments around New Jersey will spend the next few weeks targeting drunken drivers.