- Hawks look for answers after getting embarrassed by Cavs Updated: May-05-16 5:06 pm
ATLANTA - Thoroughly embarrassed by Cleveland's record-setting performance, the Atlanta Hawks spent part of Thursday watching film from their Game 2 debacle.
- Big shots: Cavaliers set NBA record by making 25 3-pointers Updated: May-05-16 2:36 am
CLEVELAND - Wearing headphones and sweats, J.R. Smith, the one Cleveland player without any restrictions on where or when he can shoot, finished his pregame warmup by stopping near half-court and launching a shot.
- 3 for all: Cavaliers make record 25 3-pointers, rout Hawks Updated: May-05-16 12:48 am
CLEVELAND - Your shot, Warriors.
- Cavaliers set NBA playoff record for 3-pointers Updated: May-04-16 9:52 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers have set an NBA playoff record by making 22 3-pointers in Game 2 against Atlanta on Wednesday night.
- Reds' bullpen sets major league record in 3-1 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-16 11:19 pm
CINCINNATI - When it comes to giving up runs game after game, nobody in major league history has been as bad as these Reds relievers.
- Birch pollen count in Fairbanks sets new record Updated: May-03-16 9:52 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fairbanks's birch pollen count this year has set a new record for the city.
- Broadway musical 'Hamilton' does what it always does - stuns Updated: May-03-16 7:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Tony Awards are being nicknamed this year the "Hamil-Tonys" in recognition that "Hamilton" is the show to beat. That was proven again Tuesday.
- 7 pound, 3 ounce smallmouth bass sets South Dakota record Updated: May-03-16 7:17 pm
WEBSTER, South Dakota - A smallmouth bass pulled from Horseshoe Lake in northeastern South Dakota last month is a state record.
- Auto sales hit April record on trucks and SUVs Updated: May-03-16 5:47 pm
DETROIT - America's love of trucks and SUVs helped push the auto industry to its best April ever, with most automakers reporting healthy increases.
- Wolf, Pittsburgh-area officials want $11.4M fine on Uber cut Updated: May-03-16 5:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf and Pittsburgh-area officials want Pennsylvania regulators to greatly reduce their record-setting $11.4 million fine against ride-sharing company Uber.
- 'Rutgers Day' festival draws record-setting crowd Updated: Apr-30-16 4:30 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers officials say a record-setting crowd turned out to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- Device was buried but airport's blizzard measurement was OK Updated: Apr-28-16 1:10 pm
A weather observer at Reagan National Airport lost a snow-measuring device during the January blizzard but still accurately recorded a snowfall total that was lower than in nearby Washington, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Chicago tourism numbers hit new record at nearly 51 million Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
CHICAGO - The number of domestic visitors to Chicago hit a record last year, reaching nearly 51 million.
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-24-16 7:45 pm
HOUSTON - Stephen Curry sat on the bench with his head in his hands, facing another injury that could derail Golden State's playoff run.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- Late-season storm dumps rain, snow in parts of California Updated: Apr-22-16 11:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A late-season storm moving through California pounded the San Francisco Bay region with rain Friday and brought snow to the southern Cascade range and the northern Sierra Nevada, a welcome addition to water supplies after years of drought.
- Rocky Mountain National Park draws record number of visitors Updated: Apr-22-16 9:13 am
DENVER - Officials say Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park attracted more than 4.1 million visitors in 2015, setting a record.
- Bank of North Dakota reports record $130.7 million profit Updated: Apr-21-16 10:51 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bank of North Dakota, the nation's only state-owned bank, set an earnings record for the 12th straight year in 2015, the bank's president said Thursday.
- Earth's hot streak continues for a record 11 months Updated: Apr-19-16 1:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth's record monthly heat streak has hit 11 months in a row - a record in itself.
- Southern California's spring heat wave continues Updated: Apr-18-16 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California simmered in a spring heat wave again Monday.
- Lottery sets record for education funding in first quarter Updated: Apr-18-16 3:55 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Lottery says it returned a record $119 million for education funding during the first quarter of the year, a 27 percent increase over the previous quarterly record.
- Oxnard, Camarillo set temperature records as winds subside Updated: Apr-17-16 6:21 pm
OXNARD, California - The National Weather Service says Oxnard and Camarillo have notched high-temperature records.