- Wiltrout sets PIAA record for javelin throwing Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Connellsville javelin thrower Madison Wiltrout capped an amazing 15-day span by winning the Class AAA girls title with a throw of 182 feet, 8 inches on Friday during the PIAA Track & Field Championships at Shippensburg University's Seth Grove Stadium.
- World's biggest atom smasher sets energy record Updated: May-21-15 10:04 am
BERLIN - Scientists operating the world's biggest particle collider say they have set a new energy record ahead of the massive machine's full restart in June.
- Kansas City-area man shoots his way to Guinness world record Updated: May-19-15 5:07 am
HARRISONVILLE, Missouri - A Kansas City-area man has shattered 3,635 clay targets in 60 minutes to set a new trapshooting record.
- Busy spring puts state ports on track for record fiscal year Updated: May-18-15 3:23 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The top executive over Georgia's seaports in Savannah and Brunswick said Monday he expects another record-breaking fiscal year following a busy spring in which East Coast ports benefited from a labor dispute on the West Coast.
- Stoke sets points record with 0-0 draw at Burnley in EPL Updated: May-16-15 12:29 pm
BURNLEY, England - Stoke reached its highest ever points tally in the Premier League by drawing 0-0 with already relegated Burnley on Saturday.
- WWII ship based in Albany participating in life jacket event Updated: May-16-15 5:05 am
ALBANY, New York - A World War II ship docked on the Hudson River at Albany will serve as one of the locations for a worldwide effort to promote the use of life jackets while boating.
- Gatlin runs 9.74 to win 100 at Diamond League opener in Doha Updated: May-15-15 9:05 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Justin Gatlin sent a message to Usain Bolt on Friday - both with his legs and his mouth.
- USOC makes $270 million for Winter-Olympic-year record Updated: May-15-15 5:58 pm
DENVER - The U.S. Olympic Committee brought in $270 million in 2014, surpassing the previous high mark for a Winter Olympics year by $29 million thanks in part to an increase in licensing income.
- 2014 ND taxable sales, purchases set record at $28.2 billion Updated: May-12-15 2:52 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's taxable sales and purchases - a key indicator of economic activity in the state - rose 11 percent in 2014 to a record $28.2 billion, the state tax commissioner said Tuesday.
- Small town in Michigan attempts to set record with sundae Updated: May-11-15 1:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Michigan - A small town in southwest Michigan is waiting eagerly to learn whether it set a world record with the construction of an 1,800 foot ice cream sundae.
- Beltre, Rodriguez carry Rangers to 2-1 win over Rays Updated: May-10-15 6:21 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Adrian Beltre believes he knows why the Texas Rangers haven't been scoring much lately.
- Pennsylvania girl sets national high school javelin record Updated: May-08-15 1:44 pm
NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pennsylvania - A sophomore from western Pennsylvania who just started throwing the javelin a year ago has set a girls' national high school record.
- Jazz Fest sets new record attendance with 460,000 fans Updated: May-05-15 8:48 am
- Jazz Fest sets new record attendance with 460,000 fans Updated: May-05-15 7:07 am
NEW ORLEANS - The sun-filled final weekend of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, fueled by performances by Elton John, Lenny Kravitz, Ed Sheeran, Trombone Shorty, T.I., Anthony Hamilton and No Doubt, drew 460,000 fans - the highest attendance total since Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- April sets record for Vermont income tax receipts Updated: May-04-15 4:37 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont had its strongest month ever in April for receipt of personal income tax revenues, coming in more than 7 percent - or $14 million - above projections for the month.
- US men set world record in distance medley relay in Bahamas Updated: May-03-15 10:53 pm
NASSAU, Bahamas - The U.S. men's team set a world record in the distance medley relay at IAAF's World Relays meet on Sunday in the Bahamas.
- Picasso, Giacometti poised to set records at NYC auctions Updated: May-01-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City's spring art auctions get underway Tuesday with exceptional pieces by Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti, Vincent Van Gogh and others whose work continues to fuel a robust market for impressionist, modern and contemporary art.
- 'Rutgers Day' festival draws record-setting crowd Updated: Apr-25-15 4:43 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers officials say a record-setting crowd turned out to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
- RI group seeks to break record for number of tree huggers Updated: Apr-23-15 4:41 pm
JOHNSTON, Rhode Island - An environmental group in southeastern Rhode Island is trying to break the world record for the most people simultaneously hugging trees.