- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Sale sets strikeout record in White Sox's 2-1 win Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale allowed one run over seven-plus innings and set a White Sox season strikeout record as Chicago beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Friday night.
- Sale sets franchise strikeout record Updated: Oct-02-15 8:50 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale set the Chicago White Sox's season strikeout record in the second inning of Friday night's game against the Detroit Tigers.
- Warmer than usual monsoon season ends in Arizona Updated: Oct-02-15 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona monsoon season came to a very warm end this week with record-setting temperatures and a patchwork of rain-soaked cities.
- Edmonds woman sets speed record for hiking Appalachian Trial Updated: Oct-02-15 2:23 pm
EVERETT, Washington - An Edmonds woman says she has set the unsupported speed record for hiking the Appalachian Trail through 14 states from Main to Georgia.
- Real Madrid honors Ronaldo for setting scoring record Updated: Oct-02-15 9:02 am
MADRID - Real Madrid held a special ceremony to honor Cristiano Ronaldo on Friday after he became the club's all-time leading scorer.
- Utah Transit Authority sets ridership record Updated: Oct-01-15 1:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Public transportation ridership set a new all-time record for the Utah Transit Authority.
- 202 skydivers in California set world record Updated: Oct-01-15 1:18 am
PERRIS, California - More than 200 aerial daredevils plunged into the record books this week, linking up in a giant lattice-like configuration 7,000 feet above Southern California to shatter a world record for the largest sequential skydiving formation.
- New state data: 2013 election spending set record Updated: Sep-29-15 12:06 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New state figures show spending in New Jersey's 2013 election topped $53 million, the most ever without adjusting for inflation.
- Gordon sets NASCAR record with 789th straight start Updated: Sep-27-15 7:44 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Jeff Gordon kissed his wife and high-fived his two young children on pit road, a part of his life missing when he made his Cup debut in 1992.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Montana State University sets enrollment record, again Updated: Sep-25-15 11:32 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana State University set an enrollment record of 15,688 students this fall - a 1.7 percent jump of 267 students compared to last year.
- USDA: New national record set for number of hogs on farms Updated: Sep-25-15 5:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says the nation has reached a new record for the number of hogs and pigs on farms.
- Top runners targeting world record in Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-25-15 7:43 am
BERLIN - With favorable weather conditions forecast for the Berlin Marathon on Sunday, there will be a handful of runners targeting another world record on the fast course.
- New crop of riders could take shot at cycling's hour record Updated: Sep-25-15 2:36 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - It is the simplicity of the hour record that makes it the most hallowed in cycling, one rider on one machine for 60 minutes to determine just how much distance a human can cover.
- Ohio again sees new record number of drug overdose deaths Updated: Sep-24-15 5:04 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A record number of Ohioans died from drug overdoses last year thanks in part to abuse of a synthetic painkiller far more powerful than heroin, the Department of Health said Thursday.
- La. Tech sets record enrollment, 12,414 students Updated: Sep-24-15 8:38 am
RUSTON, Louisiana - Louisiana Tech University has enrolled more students this fall than at any time in its 125-year history.
- Van Gogh, Whistler shows set record at Clark Art Institute Updated: Sep-23-15 9:27 am
WILLIAMSTOWN, Massachusetts - The Clark Art Institute has something to whistle about.
- UC Irvine sets record for largest capture-the-flag game Updated: Sep-23-15 5:17 am
IRVINE, California - University of California Irvine has set a world record for the largest game of capture the flag.
- Fall enrollment sets record at Valley City State University Updated: Sep-23-15 2:25 am
VALLEY CITY, North Dakota - Valley City State University says its fall enrollment of 1,422 students has set a school record.
- The Latest: Alonso, acquired for McCoy, out with knee injury Updated: Sep-20-15 5:52 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the second Sunday of the season(all times EDT):
- No. 20 Arizona sets records for offense in 77-13 rout of NAU Updated: Sep-20-15 3:36 am
TUCSON, Arizona - For a little more than a quarter of the game, No. 20 Arizona was having all sorts of trouble with Northern Arizona.
- Lambert, Chubb lead No. 7 Georgia to 52-20 rout of SCarolina Updated: Sep-19-15 10:44 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Greyson Lambert was so good, coach Mark Richt couldn't resist having a little fun.
- Mayfield sets record; No. 16 Oklahoma beats Tulsa 52-38 Updated: Sep-19-15 6:09 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield sure knows how to make an impression.