- Former SD senator charged in illegal hunting case Updated: Mar-08-14 5:02 pm
- Man says he killed cougar to protect father Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- DNR: 2 men to be charged with illegal bear buys Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Redwood park closes road to deter burl poachers Updated: Mar-04-14 11:11 pm
- Game and Fish investigate pronghorn doe killing Updated: Mar-04-14 7:38 am
- La. wildlife agency: $18,000 paid in tip rewards Updated: Mar-03-14 2:35 pm
- Wyoming wardens oppose taxidermy paperwork changes Updated: Mar-03-14 10:55 am
- 1st Wildlife Day marks elephant, rhino deaths Updated: Mar-03-14 10:29 am
- Vegas poacher pays $3500; shot buck near Utah line Updated: Feb-26-14 7:05 am
- Watertown man gets 2-year hunting ban Updated: Feb-26-14 5:20 am
- Father and daughter charged with deer poaching Updated: Feb-25-14 5:06 pm
- Cambodia arrests 2 men with 80 kilograms of ivory Updated: Feb-17-14 10:17 am
- Wildlife meeting calls for end to ivory stockpiles Updated: Feb-13-14 3:03 pm
- Eagle Point man sentenced for poaching deer, elk Updated: Feb-13-14 10:16 am
- US to crack down on ivory to protect elephants Updated: Feb-11-14 5:42 pm
- Italy, US arrest 24 in mob drug smuggling case Updated: Feb-11-14 5:32 pm
- Wardens suspects behind 'stupid waste of wildlife' Updated: Feb-11-14 3:21 pm
- Volunteers smuggle Sochi dogs out of town Updated: Feb-11-14 11:25 am
- Mich. laws deter poaching, trespassing by hunters Updated: Feb-11-14 5:36 am
- Vt. man sentenced for deer poaching Updated: Feb-07-14 1:05 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former state senator is facing a misdemeanor charge after illegally killing a mountain lion that was caught in a bobcat trap in western South Dakota.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to killing a cougar in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in December said he was defending his father, but state wildlife officials said Friday the animal posed no threat and was poached, its heart cooked and some of it eaten by the men.
MIDLAND, Michigan - Two men from Midland have been arrested on charges of illegally buying Michigan black bears and bear parts.
Authorities say unemployment and drug addiction have spurred an increase in the destructive practice of cutting off the knobby growths at the base of ancient redwood trees to make decorative pieces like lacey-grained coffee tables and wall clocks.
ASH FORK, Arizona - The Arizona Game and Fish Department is looking for whoever is responsible for illegally killing a pronghorn doe in northern Arizona.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state paid $18,000 in rewards last year to those whose tips helped arrest 68 people accused of killing protected animals, poaching and other wildlife violations, according to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming game wardens are opposing a bill that would relax paperwork requirements for taxidermists.
NAIROBI, Kenya - One of Kenya's top wildlife advocates said Monday that she fears that elephants, rhinos and lions could be wiped out from Africa's wild lands by 2030.
RENO, Nevada - A 68-year-old Las Vegas man has been ordered to pay $3,500 in fines and penalties for deer poaching in southeast Nevada about 10 miles from the Utah line - some 200 miles from where he held a legal tag.
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - A 53-year-old Watertown man will not be allowed to hunt or guide for two years for the unlawful taking of migratory birds and Lacey Act Violations.
SALT LAKE CITY - A father and his adult daughter have been arraigned on charges of poaching deer in northern Utah.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodian police said they arrested two Vietnamese men on Monday who were trying to smuggle almost 80 kilograms (176 pounds) of illegal ivory from Africa.
LONDON - Representatives of world governments meeting in London vowed Thursday to put stockpiles of ivory "beyond use" and extend a ban on its trade in a bid to save African elephants from extinction.
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Eagle Point man was ordered to pay $15,000 in restitution to the state for poaching more than two dozen deer and elk.
WASHINGTON - The United States is cracking down on the sale and purchase of ivory in hopes of curbing a surge in illicit poaching that's threatening to wipe out elephants and other species in Africa.
NEW YORK - Reputed mobsters in New York City and Italy joined forces in a failed conspiracy to smuggle large amounts of heroin and cocaine, with one suspect suggesting that the drugs could be concealed in frozen fish bound for an Italian port, authorities said Tuesday.
LAS VEGAS - Southern Nevada game wardens are putting up a $1,000 reward in hopes of finding who killed three deer in an apparent thrill kill.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexei stops in his tracks as he sees a half-breed Labrador snooping around at a cafe's back door.
LANSING, Michigan - New Michigan laws are in effect to deter poaching of antlered bucks and hunters who trespass on private land.
MORGAN, Vermont - The Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department says a Morgan man has been sentenced to 120 days in prison for deer poaching.