- APNewsBreak: Africa land grabs endanger elephants Updated: Apr-20-14 11:46 am
- Road kill bill would make claiming animals simpler Updated: Apr-19-14 4:13 am
- Idaho poachers taking heavy toll on game Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Kenya gov't to oversee wildlife authority actions Updated: Apr-11-14 10:53 am
- Carrboro police look for illegal squirrel hunters Updated: Apr-10-14 4:05 am
- 2 Illinois men arrested in deer death Updated: Apr-10-14 4:05 am
- Belgium destroys ivory stockpile, warns smugglers Updated: Apr-09-14 7:50 am
- Man pleads in Michigan cougar poaching case Updated: Apr-08-14 7:06 pm
- Maine introduces swipe cards for elver fishermen Updated: Apr-06-14 11:16 am
- Police turn to tech in pursuit of oyster thieves Updated: Apr-06-14 10:34 am
- Startup aims to poach workers at tech bus stops Updated: Apr-05-14 7:05 pm
- Rare Myanmar ecosystems protected only on paper Updated: Apr-05-14 4:13 am
- Laredo: 2 tons of pot hidden in kitchen parts load Updated: Apr-02-14 7:49 am
- Man charged with killing bear in Manistee County Updated: Apr-01-14 1:17 pm
- Fla. man pleads guilty to poaching sea turtle eggs Updated: Mar-29-14 3:04 am
- California man must pay $500K over fish bladders Updated: Mar-26-14 11:13 pm
- 4 convicted in poaching spree Updated: Mar-25-14 12:56 pm
- 2 antelope poached in northeast Johnson County Updated: Mar-23-14 5:31 pm
- Myanmar's marine 'Lost World' braces for tourism Updated: Mar-21-14 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - Political and military elites are seizing protected areas in one of Africa's last bastions for elephants, putting broad swaths of Zimbabwe at risk of becoming fronts for ivory poaching, according to a nonprofit research group's report that examines government collusion in wildlife trafficking.
LANSING, Michigan - Getting a drive-through meal could take on new meaning in Michigan if legislation is approved making it easier to take home road kill.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Poachers are likely killing far more game animals than wolves are, state wildlife officials in northern Idaho say.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's central government will oversee the running of the country's wildlife authority for the next three months in a bid to stop poaching of the country's elephants and rhinos, an official with the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources said Friday.
CARRBORO, North Carolina - Police in Carrboro are looking for the people who are driving around the town shooting squirrels from their cars.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says two men have been arrested on preliminary charges of illegally hunting and killing a deer.
BRUSSELS - Belgian authorities have destroyed over 1,500 kilos (3,300 pounds) of ivory that had been seized by customs over the past three decades to serve as a warning to international smugglers who kill elephants daily for their tusks.
MANISTIQUE, Michigan - A southern Michigan man has accepted a plea deal in an Upper Peninsula cougar poaching case and been sentenced to community service and fines.
PORTLAND, Maine - With the opening of elver season Sunday, fishermen for the first time are using electronic swipe cards to record sales of the baby eels, a move the state says will streamline data, enforce new catch limits and prevent illegal transactions.
DEAL ISLAND, Maryland - A sophisticated radar and camera system installed along the Chesapeake Bay is acting as another set of eyes for Maryland Natural Resources Police who have successfully tracked watermen poaching oysters from state sanctuaries - and already won their first court case against two of them - since the system went online Oct. 1.
SAN FRANCISCO - Where some see a queue of engineers awaiting private commuter shuttles, one San Francisco startup sees an opportunity to lure talent from top Silicon Valley tech firms.
LAMPI ISLAND, Myanmar - Off a remote, glimmering beach backed by a lush tropical forest, Julia Tedesco skims the crystalline waters with mask and fins, looking for coral and fish life.
LAREDO, Texas - A load of kitchen parts has yielded more than 2 tons of smuggled marijuana during an inspection at a Texas border crossing.
MANISTEE, Michigan - A Detroit-area man has been charged with poaching a black bear last fall in northern Michigan.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A South Florida man has pleaded guilty to poaching more than 300 sea turtle eggs.
SAN DIEGO - A Sacramento man who smuggled endangered fish bladders into the United States from Mexico to later sell to Asia has been ordered to pay $500,000.
BOISE, Idaho - Four people have been convicted of a poaching spree in Washington County.
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Wildlife officials are investigating after two antelope were illegally killed and left to rot in northeast Johnson County on March 13.
MERGUI ARCHIPELAGO, Myanmar - Where the Indian Ocean rolls toward Myanmar's southwestern coast, a lacework of 800 islands rises, fringed with shimmering beaches of no footprints.