- Test scores for new Arizona test reveal many students fail Updated: Nov-30-15 7:34 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Education released scores for the state's new standardized test Monday, showing what many already expected: a very low percentage of students passed English and math subjects.
- U of Illinois hikes aid, drops scores for in-state students Updated: Nov-23-15 12:30 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - After years of pursuing higher-paying international students and watching in-state enrollment fall, the University of Illinois' flagship campus shifted course this year, increasing financial aid for students from Illinois but also taking the unusual step of accepting lower test scores.
- Wisconsin Legislature focuses on reporting school crime data Updated: Nov-22-15 2:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Momentum is growing in the Wisconsin Legislature to require that data about crimes committed on school grounds be more readily available for parents and others to view alongside test scores and graduation rates.
- Education chief: Don't blame teachers for test results Updated: Nov-06-15 4:14 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The state's education commissioner says not to blame teachers and schools for recent test scores that show most students fail to meet grade-level expectations.
- Lack of state funding puts stresses on Illinois universities Updated: Nov-06-15 10:18 am
CHICAGO - The lack of a state budget is putting stresses on Illinois' public universities that still aren't receiving money from the state.