- Indictment: Ex-staffer accessed school chief's email account Updated: Feb-09-16 4:41 pm
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - The former vice principal and athletic director at a southern New Jersey high school has been indicted for allegedly accessing the email account of a high-ranking school official without permission.
- Pennsylvania stuck in historic budget gridlock Updated: Feb-09-16 3:15 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf warned lawmakers on Tuesday that Pennsylvania's finances are a ticking time bomb amid a record-long budget gridlock, as he sent them a spending proposal for the coming fiscal year with no full plan in place for the year that began back in July.
- UW Union ranked No. 27 in nation for student involvement Updated: Feb-07-16 3:04 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming Union has been recognized as ranking among the nation's top college student unions and campus centers.
- Indiana school district grades change little with reprieve Updated: Feb-03-16 2:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - More than three-quarters of Indiana's school districts are receiving A or B grades under the state's rating system.
- University of Missouri system's credit outlook is lowered Updated: Feb-02-16 5:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A leading bond-rating company on Monday announced it's downgrading the outlook of the University of Missouri system's credit rating, noting the departures of two top administrators amid student protests over racial issues last year on the Columbia campus.
- Most public teachers earn 'effective' evaluations last year Updated: Feb-02-16 4:04 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Most of Florida's public school teachers have earned solid evaluations.
- Students seek dismissal of Missouri State diversity official Updated: Feb-01-16 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of Missouri State University students is seeking the dismissal of the school's highest-ranking Hispanic official, alleging he made derogatory comments about black students and created division between different racial groups.
- A look back at previous No. 1-ranked recruits Updated: Feb-01-16 11:43 am
No matter which school Rashan Gary signs with, he'll have some big expectations to live up to.
- AP sources: Warde Manuel agrees to be Michigan's AD Updated: Jan-27-16 11:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Warde Manuel has agreed to be Michigan's next athletic director, according to two people familiar with the situation.
- After 2 years of strong growth, university endowments falter Updated: Jan-27-16 12:06 am
BOSTON - College endowments grew by an average of only 2.4 percent last school year, a sharp drop following two years of strong gains, a new study found.
- Teachers earn good marks again in state evaluation system Updated: Jan-26-16 6:57 am
BOSTON - Most Massachusetts teachers earned good grades under the state's evaluation system last school year.
- The Latest: Fitch downgrades Chicago schools' credit rating Updated: Jan-20-16 2:59 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on Illinois Republicans proposing a state takeover of Chicago Public Schools (all times local):
- Walker promises to help people find jobs, bolster education Updated: Jan-20-16 2:50 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker promised during his State of the State speech to help more people find work and attain college degrees faster as he works to bolster approval ratings that sank after his failed presidential bid.