- Miss. reworks school ratings to accent graduation Updated: Apr-18-14 4:52 pm
- Superintendent: Kids victims in cheating scandal Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Senate approves bill on ailing nursing schools Updated: Apr-11-14 12:49 pm
- School board members say teacher ratings unfair Updated: Apr-09-14 6:56 pm
- Okla. medical college ranked in Top 80 for care Updated: Apr-09-14 5:04 pm
- NYC schools: Tests alone won't decide who repeats Updated: Apr-09-14 4:05 pm
- Judge dismisses suit over Ala. Accountability Act Updated: Apr-08-14 6:47 pm
- Details released in military school settlements Updated: Mar-26-14 7:51 pm
- Educators: GPAs better sign of college success Updated: Mar-23-14 10:43 am
- Md. ranks near bottom for charter school laws Updated: Mar-23-14 10:05 am
- House OKs school turnaround district legislation Updated: Mar-20-14 9:53 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi is reworking its rating system for school districts and high schools after federal officials demanded the ratings put more weight on high school graduation.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's state school superintendent called children the victims and adults the culprits in a cheating scandal uncovered at a Las Vegas elementary school.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Senate on Friday moved to try to address sliding test scores for nursing school graduates and a glut of poorly performing programs, passing a measure that would require accreditation for all new schools within five years of accepting students.
INDIANAPOLIS - Members of the Indiana State Board of Education said a new performance evaluation system failed parents, students and teachers when results released earlier this week found only 2 percent of educators are in need improvement.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine has been ranked among the Top 80 medical schools in the nation for primary care training.
NEW YORK - New York City schools will de-emphasize the role of standardized test scores in deciding which students must repeat a grade, Chancellor Carmen Farina said Wednesday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit Tuesday challenging the Alabama Accountability Act and said the students who filed the suit failed to prove the law treats them unequally.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Four juveniles who claimed a Kansas military school's practice of giving higher-ranking cadets authority to discipline younger cadets encouraged abuse reached settlement terms ranging from about $1.8 million to $55,000, according to federal court records released Wednesday.
FLORENCE, Alabama - The item given the most importance in granting academic scholarships isn't the best predictor of college success.
FREDERICK, Maryland - Maryland's charter school laws are among the worst in the nation, according to two studies released this year.
LANSING, Michigan - The Republican-led House narrowly approved legislation Thursday changing a state turnaround district that can take over the lowest-performing 5 percent of public schools, a year after it first approved a version that ran into resistance from GOP senators.