- Moody's downgrades ratings of 43 Michigan school districts Updated: Aug-31-15 7:25 am
LANSING, Michigan - Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the credit ratings of more than three dozen Michigan school districts this year.
- Franklin Pierce University makes test scores optional Updated: Aug-30-15 8:58 am
RINDGE, New Hampshire - Franklin Pierce University is joining a growing list of schools that no longer require most applicants to submit standardized test scores.
- Common Core: 21 Oregon districts miss mark for test taking Updated: Aug-28-15 11:53 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Twenty-one Oregon districts ranging from small to the state's largest failed to meet federal testing targets for Smarter Balanced assessments, according to state data.
- Report finds school ratings flawed, superintendent disagrees Updated: Aug-20-15 7:23 pm
CLINTON, Mississippi - A legislative watchdog committee released a report Thursday attacking how Mississippi grades its public school districts and individual schools, saying the bottom-line emphasis should be on students' actual test scores, and that including test-score growth in calculations "obscures" actual student performance.
- Kids score well in English, low in math on new Missouri test Updated: Aug-11-15 3:29 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Most Missouri students scored at least at proficient levels in English on a new statewide test last school year, while students in most grades scored lower in math, according to data released Tuesday by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- 92 percent of Texas school districts meet standards Updated: Aug-07-15 5:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Education Agency says about 94 percent of districts and 86 percent of schools statewide meet the state's minimum education standards.
- Georgia only SEC member among top 10 party school list Updated: Aug-04-15 4:07 am
ATHENS, Georgia - The University of Georgia is the only Southeastern Conference member among the Princeton Review's annual list of the nation's top 10 party schools.