- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels Updated: Mar-06-14 1:40 pm
- Fla. bill addresses low nursing school test scores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:14 am
- Task force on teacher pay incentives in NC begins Updated: Feb-25-14 6:14 pm
- Chattanooga charter school sees early success Updated: Feb-22-14 12:42 pm
- Board looks at Fla. school standards, grading Updated: Feb-18-14 3:41 pm
- UVa ranks 2nd on Peace Corps volunteer list Updated: Feb-12-14 3:05 am
- UW-Madison generates most Peace Corps workers Updated: Feb-11-14 1:07 pm
- Colleges in VT, ME, NH top Peace Corps list Updated: Feb-11-14 6:25 am
- More students moving to private schools in Ala. Updated: Feb-06-14 4:49 pm
- Florida's Toliver highlights next year's recruits Updated: Feb-06-14 3:42 am
- SEC dominates recruiting rankings once again Updated: Feb-05-14 7:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A split North Carolina State Board of Education has agreed to change how students will be labeled based on standardized test scores in a move which means more students will be considered proficient in skills and courses.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Plummeting test scores among Florida nursing school graduates has prompted some legislators to propose a bill that would tighten the qualifications for nursing programs.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Despite teachers' concerns about its implementation, North Carolina public school educator pay raises ultimately will shift toward rewarding individual performance, a key state lawmaker predicted Tuesday.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Three years ago, Marcia Griffin went door to door in the inner city, meeting with dozens of parents to pitch her idea for a new charter school in Chattanooga. She quibbled with the Hamilton County Board of Education for approval and finally opened her elementary school in the Eastgate Town Center, between a call center and a nightclub.
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida education officials on Tuesday tried to end a long-simmering debate over what its school standards should be and how schools should be graded.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison has the most alumni currently volunteering in the Peace Corp according to the organization's annual school rankings.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - More students are moving from public to private schools with the help of scholarships provided by groups that were able to raise the maximum amount of money allowed by Alabama law.
Kevin Toliver didn't pay all that much attention to national signing day on Wednesday, save for noticing a few of the LSU signees.
The Southeastern Conference dominates recruiting as thoroughly as it rules the rest of college football.