- 5 educators arrested in El Paso schools fraud scheme Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Five veteran El Paso school district educators were arrested Wednesday after a federal grand jury indicted them on conspiracy charges in an alleged scheme to rig the district's high-stakes test scores by removing low-performing students from classrooms.
- State proposes gradual rise in diploma test score standard Updated: Apr-27-16 2:13 pm
BALTIMORE - The Maryland State Board of Education says it plans to gradually increase the standardized test scores that students must achieve to earn a high school diploma starting next school year.
- Oklahoma school funding declines noted by Moody's Updated: Apr-22-16 3:30 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - One of the nation's top credit rating agencies is noting Oklahoma's declining funding to public schools as further negative pressure on the state's financial outlook.
- Bryant signs bill broadening charter school enrollment Updated: Apr-14-16 8:47 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has signed into law a bill that would allow some Mississippi students to attend charter schools outside their home school districts.
- University of Arkansas to recruit more graduate students Updated: Apr-11-16 2:04 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas is working to improve its research ranking by giving graduate students stipends in order to boost enrollment.
- Mississippi Senate roll call on charter schools bill Updated: Apr-07-16 3:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Senate, on a 24-21 vote Thursday, passed the final version of Senate Bill 2161, which would allow students in Mississippi school districts with academic ratings of C, D, or F to cross district lines to attend charter schools elsewhere in the state. A yes vote was a vote for the bill, while a no vote was a vote against it.
- Loeffler hard at work as BC's new offensive coordinator Updated: Apr-01-16 4:56 pm
BOSTON - Practice was over, yet in the middle of the field Scot Loeffler was still teaching.
- BYU Ultimate Frisbee team shut out of national tournament Updated: Apr-01-16 11:42 am
PROVO, Utah - Despite Brigham Young University's Ultimate Frisbee team currently ranking 16th in the nation, the team will not be competing in the national tournament because they can't play on Sundays.