- Illinois to implement new ratings for schools, districts Updated: Oct-05-15 11:56 am
CHICAGO - Schools and school districts across Illinois will be subject to a rating system that was recently signed into law and is scheduled to launch this year.
- Moody's says Kansas school funding law stresses districts Updated: Oct-02-15 4:58 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A major financial rating agency describes Kansas' new school funding law as "negative" for its credit and says it is stressing some local districts.
- School bond ratings scraping bottom in Pennsylvania Updated: Sep-27-15 4:34 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania has the second-most number of school districts with credit ratings that are the equivalent of "junk."
- New Mexico college enrollment drops amid push for reform Updated: Sep-22-15 5:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico colleges are seeing a decline in enrollment as the economy improves and administrators try to adjust and find ways to lure more students.
- Waiver helps North Dakota schools meet progress goals Updated: Sep-19-15 11:31 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The majority of North Dakota schools have met the state's Adequate Yearly Progress goals, but much of their success comes from the state's waiver from U.S. Department of Education measures.
- Districts prepare for student tests to evaluate teachers Updated: Sep-17-15 7:28 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - While this school year is newly under way, district officials across Alaska are turning their attention to additional standardized tests students will take next year to help rank teachers.
- Illinois schools superintendent warns districts about tests Updated: Sep-15-15 8:20 pm
The superintendent of Illinois schools is warning local districts to expect lousy test scores on a new statewide exam based on the Common Core standards.
- Obama unveils a scaled-back college search tool Updated: Sep-12-15 6:04 am
WASHINGTON - Sharply scaling back plans for a government-run college rating system, President Barack Obama is now trumpeting a redesigned online tool that will give students and their parents information about costs, student loans and other data to help them choose among the nation's colleges and universities.
- 74 percent of Wyoming schools pass accountability ratings Updated: Sep-09-15 4:51 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - According to Wyoming's accountability system, 74 percent of the state's elementary and secondary schools have earned passing grades in the 2014-15 school year.