- Erie trustees censure 2 colleagues Updated: Dec-11-13 8:29 am
- Ohio state school board member who lobbied resigns Updated: Dec-09-13 7:36 pm
- Senate Republicans change up fundraising effort Updated: Dec-09-13 12:57 pm
- Kan. senator, GOP foe squabble on ethics issues Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 am
- Panel finds Bethel lawmaker violated ethics rules Updated: Dec-06-13 8:28 pm
- Correction: NY Corruption Commission story Updated: Dec-06-13 1:56 pm
- PAR seeking more detail in campaign spending Updated: Dec-05-13 4:06 am
- Federal agents search home of former GOP lawmaker Updated: Dec-04-13 4:16 pm
- Proposed Okla. ethics rules changes raise concern Updated: Dec-03-13 6:56 pm
- Lawmaker facing ethics case for use of state plane Updated: Nov-27-13 10:43 am
- House ethics panel hear Rep. Mitchell's case Updated: Nov-26-13 7:46 pm
- Texas congressman's Twitter stock questioned Updated: Nov-26-13 2:25 pm
- Ethics panel defers to Justice in Rep. Grimm probe Updated: Nov-26-13 1:06 pm
- Complaint filed against NY Democratic Committee Updated: Nov-18-13 4:01 pm
- Haley: Education plan going to lawmakers next year Updated: Nov-18-13 3:34 pm
- SC AG could settle dispute on Haley reimbursements Updated: Nov-17-13 10:39 am
- Rubio to anti-gay group: Nation's morality at risk Updated: Nov-16-13 10:04 pm
- Ethics Committee won't investigate Roskam, Owens Updated: Nov-15-13 4:06 pm
- FIFA opens SAfrican match-fixing probe Updated: Nov-15-13 5:17 am
- Senate minority leader: Bennett complaint welcome Updated: Nov-14-13 3:50 pm
- Ex-Indiana schools chief faces ethics complaint Updated: Nov-14-13 3:13 pm
- Haley calls on legislators to pass ethics reform Updated: Nov-13-13 5:00 pm
- Idaho sheriff files complaint against lawmaker Updated: Nov-13-13 10:47 am
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Nov-12-13 1:12 pm
- Charter school eyed by FBI, Pa. watchdog says Updated: Nov-11-13 5:26 pm
ERIE, Colorado - The Erie Board of Trustees has censured two members of the board for failing to disclose their role in helping a resident prepare an ethics complaint against Mayor Joe Wilson earlier this year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A member of Ohio's state school board resigned Monday after questions arose over his work as a lobbyist. He cited an ethics opinion suggesting the arrangement was illegal.
ATLANTA - The fundraising arm of the Georgia Senate Republican Caucus has not filed a mid-year campaign finance report nor has it submitted its annual registration with the state ethics commission, records show.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The campaigns of U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts and the Kansas Republican's primary challenger are sparring publicly over ethics issues, increasing the acrimony in their already contentious race.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A Bethel state representative has been fined $5,000 for violating ethics rules.
ALBANY, New York - In a story Dec. 4 about New York's corruption commission, The Associated Press erroneously reported a power given to the governor under the Moreland Act. It authorizes creation of a commission to investigate the executive branch, not the legislative branch.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A nonpartisan government watchdog group is urging more transparency in how elected officials spend their campaign funds.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal agents recently searched the home of former Republican state Sen. Kent Sorenson and seized computers and other materials, his attorney said Wednesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A plan to increase by 500 percent the amount in meals and other gifts that a lobbyist can give to a legislator each year is raising concerns from a public watchdog group and some state legislators over the growing influence of money in politics.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A legislative panel moved forward Tuesday on an allegation that a state lawmaker broke ethics laws when he used a state-owned plane to fly a conservative pundit to Columbia.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rep. Harold Mitchell told his colleagues Tuesday that he kept shoddy records and didn't properly pay his bills, but did not use his campaign account for personal benefit.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke has reported possibly violating ethics laws after participating in Twitter's public stock debut, and the financial disclosures of another Texas congressman has been questioned by a newspaper investigation.
WASHINGTON - The House Ethics Committee is again deferring an investigation into Rep. Michael Grimm, a former FBI agent, for possible campaign finance violations - leaving the matter in the hands of the Justice Department, which is conducting a criminal probe.
ALBANY, New York - New York's ethics and lobbying board on Monday was urged to investigate whether the state Democratic Committee improperly aired TV ads urging voters to pressure lawmakers to vote for Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposals.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Monday she will be taking on what she called "the big bear in the room" when she presents a package of bills to improve public education in South Carolina to state lawmakers in January.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A government watchdog group, contrary to the opinion of South Carolina's ethics agency, is insisting Gov. Nikki Haley refund taxpayers for a trip to North Carolina in June.
ORLANDO, Florida - Sen. Marco Rubio told an anti-gay group Saturday night that moral issues need to be part of government debate and that the United States needs to do more to protect religious freedom abroad.
WASHINGTON - The House Ethics Committee won't pursue investigations of two lawmakers for trips they took to Taiwan.
JOHANNESBURG - Frustrated with South Africa's delays, FIFA's ethics committee prosecutor has opened an investigation into allegations of match-fixing in friendlies before the 2010 World Cup.
INDIANAPOLIS - The state Senate minority leader is welcoming an ethics complaint against former Indiana schools chief Tony Bennett.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana schools Superintendent Tony Bennett is accused of using state resources for political reasons in a complaint filed with the state's ethics commission Thursday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley urged legislators Wednesday to send her an ethics reform bill that restores public trust in government, while Democrats and the director of a government watchdog group called on Haley to lead by example.
BOISE, Idaho - A state legislator who lost his concealed weapons permit after failing to disclose his withheld judgment in a 1974 rape case is the target of a related ethics complaint.
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Auditor General Eugene DePasquale said Monday he has given information to the FBI about spending practices at a Pittsburgh charter school that included billing Pennsylvania taxpayers to develop a charter school in Ohio and to furnish at least one spouse of a board member with a cellphone.