- NC clergy write to Republican government leaders Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 4:49 pm
- AP Exclusive: Turner had more than $4M on line Updated: Apr-17-14 5:22 pm
- GOP leader's ethics hearing set for Wednesday Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records Updated: Apr-14-14 9:31 pm
- House approves ethics reform Updated: Apr-14-14 8:19 pm
- Mo. Senate sets aside debate on ethics legislation Updated: Apr-14-14 6:38 pm
- Davis: Senate votes didn't conflict with clients Updated: Apr-13-14 2:22 pm
- Bigger ethics questions in House Turner review Updated: Apr-13-14 12:17 pm
- Wealthy Fla. doctor linked to senator back in news Updated: Apr-12-14 11:10 am
- Outdoors groups hit lawmaker with ethics complaint Updated: Apr-10-14 11:34 pm
- Rangel, challengers meet in primary's first debate Updated: Apr-10-14 10:59 pm
- SC lawmakers back out of special prosecutor bill Updated: Apr-10-14 7:55 pm
- Ethics board says Hawaii candidate can keep job Updated: Apr-10-14 5:19 pm
- Illinois House speaker cleared in transit probe Updated: Apr-10-14 3:11 pm
- Women give Grimes blessing to keep donation Updated: Apr-10-14 12:02 pm
- In Libya, politicians in fear of powerful militias Updated: Apr-10-14 2:49 am
- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Ethics complaint against Rep. Tom Cotton dismissed Updated: Apr-09-14 9:56 pm
- Rush says he's being investigated by ethic group Updated: Apr-09-14 9:37 pm
- Ethics talk heats up Georgia governor's race Updated: Apr-08-14 6:20 pm
- McAuliffe wants family added to Va. ethics bill Updated: Apr-08-14 12:22 pm
- Deal reports $3.9M in cash for re-election bid Updated: Apr-07-14 9:22 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- Longtime DC official loses seat after reprimand Updated: Apr-02-14 6:05 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Several clergy members opposed to Republican policies approved in North Carolina are asking to meet with GOP state government leaders before the legislative session begin next month.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
INDIANAPOLIS - House Speaker Pro Tem Eric Turner earned nearly $8 million selling nursing homes in the last two years and stands to earn between $1 million and $2 million on projects now being developed, thanks in part to legislation he helped block this year.
INDIANAPOLIS - The House Ethics Committee has scheduled a hearing to decide whether a powerful House Republican violated ethics rules by lobbying against a measure that would have cost him and others millions of dollars in potential profits.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Public officials' text messages about government business are public records, the Mississippi Ethics Commission says.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House lawmakers overwhelmingly approved sweeping changes to the Legislative Ethics Commission on Monday in an attempt to quell the political storm that erupted last week after the panel did not punish a former lawmaker accused of sexual harassment.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has temporarily set aside debate on ethics legislation that would curb lobbying.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis voted for bills in the Texas Senate that affected her clients and sought federal money while in office for a transportation project being handled by her Fort Worth law firm, a newspaper reported Sunday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Members of the House Ethics Committee who will take up Rep. Eric Turner's case face daunting tasks as they try to answer two questions: Did their powerful colleague violate any ethics rules in privately lobbying against a measure that would have hurt his family's business? And are their own ethics rules substantial enough?
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A wealthy Florida doctor whose offices were raided by the FBI and who allowed a U.S. senator to use his private jet is again under scrutiny for receiving more money from the taxpayer-funded Medicare program than any other doctor.
HONOLULU - Rock climbers, mountain bikers and other outdoors enthusiasts filed an ethics complaint Thursday against a Hawaii House lawmaker over changes her committee made changes to a bill that could help expand public access to Hawaii's mountains and trails.
NEW YORK - Two candidates looking to replace Rep. Charles Rangel in Congress wasted no time in using his long career and an ethics scandal against him in the first Democratic primary debate for the 13th Congressional District.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina House members removed their names Thursday from legislation that would allow the General Assembly to decide whether an independent prosecutor should investigate ethics allegations against a constitutional officer or other officers under the governor's control.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - The deputy county clerk on Hawaii's Big Island will get to keep her position while running for a seat on the county council, an ethics panel has decided.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An investigation into whether Illinois' powerful House speaker improperly influenced hiring at Chicago's scandal-tarnished Metra commuter rail agency found no legal violations, according to the Democratic lawmaker's office.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two women at the center of a sexual harassment scandal told U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes to keep a $250 campaign donation from a former Democratic lawmaker accused of sexually harassing the two women at the state Capitol.
TRIPOLI, Libya - In a humiliating video, Libya's top politician - the head of parliament - is seen begging with a militia commander, trying to explain to him why he was caught with two women in his residence and insisting nothing scandalous was going on.
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A House ethics panel dismissed a complaint against Arkansas congressman and Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Tom Cotton that accused him of illegally soliciting donations during a radio interview at the U.S. Capitol, according to a letter released by his campaign Wednesday.
CHICAGO - Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush says the Office of Congressional Ethics is targeting him with an investigation that he says is based on published reports questioning spending by his campaign fund and the handling of a $1 million grant.
ATLANTA - The state ethics commission and all its staffing issues, lawsuits and allegations of outside influence have quickly become a key issue in this year's governor's race, with Gov. Nathan Deal and Democratic rival Jason Carter sparring Tuesday over who's to blame for the mess and how to fix it.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe wants lobbyists to disclose what they give to lawmakers' families.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal on Monday reported $3.9 million in cash for his re-election bid, after raising about $84,000 in 11 days since the legislative session ended.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
WASHINGTON - A longtime D.C. councilmember who was reprimanded by his colleagues last year for an ethics violation has lost his bid for a fifth term to a first-time council candidate.