- US Track team adds $9 million more to athlete funding Updated: Sep-28-15 11:14 am
Leaders of the U.S. track team designed a formula to distribute an extra $9 million in cash to top athletes and also took steps to clarify language in a much-debated form that runner Nick Symmonds refused to sign before this year's world championships.
- Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya wins Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-27-15 5:26 am
BERLIN - Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya won the Berlin Marathon on Sunday in a personal best time of 2 hours, 4 minutes and 1 second.
- Top runners targeting world record in Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-25-15 7:43 am
BERLIN - With favorable weather conditions forecast for the Berlin Marathon on Sunday, there will be a handful of runners targeting another world record on the fast course.
- UK Athletics clears Farah to continue working with Salazar Updated: Sep-18-15 5:24 am
LONDON - British track and field's governing body says there is "no reason to be concerned" about Mo Farah or other British athletes working with American coach Alberto Salazar.
- WADA issues list of disqualified athlete support personnel Updated: Sep-15-15 9:57 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has published a list of 114 support staff with "disqualifying status," giving athletes advance notice of some people to avoid when they're considering coaches, trainers or medical consultants.
- Eaton and Wlodarczyk world records ratified by IAAF Updated: Sep-14-15 11:22 am
MONACO - The IAAF has ratified the world record set by American decathlete Ashton Eaton at the recent world championships.
- Jenny Simpson wins 4th Fifth Avenue Mile title Updated: Sep-13-15 5:45 pm
NEW YORK - American Jenny Simpson won her fourth Fifth Avenue Mile title Sunday, and Nick Willis of New Zealand took the men's race for the third time.
- After challenging Gatlin, Ogunode clocks 9.93 in Rieti Updated: Sep-13-15 1:19 pm
RIETI, Italy - Signaling he could be a man to watch in the sprints next year, Nigerian-born Qatar runner Femi Ogunode comfortably won the 100 meters in 9.93 seconds at the Rieti World Challenge meeting Sunday.
- Schippers edges Felix to win 200 at Diamond League finale Updated: Sep-11-15 5:22 pm
BRUSSELS - Dafne Schippers swept away any doubts she will be a gold medal contender at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, crossing the finishing line at the Van Damme meet Friday with one index finger held proudly in the air.
- With Bolt out, Schippers and Felix are top draw at Van Damme Updated: Sep-10-15 7:36 am
BRUSSELS - Despite Usain Bolt's late withdrawal, Friday's Diamond League meet still has a great sprint race on the schedule.
- Hurdler Aries Merritt on the mend after kidney transplant Updated: Sep-10-15 3:45 am
The narrow five-inch scar across Aries Merritt's stomach still aches from where doctors recently went in to place his new kidney. He's pretty much confined to his house these days since his immune system remains weak.
- Merritt beats world champion Van Niekerk to win 400 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:51 pm
ZURICH - LaShawn Merritt edged a thrilling finish in the 400 meters at the Weltklasse Zurich Diamond League meet on Thursday, earning partial revenge for losing to Wayde van Niekerk at the world championships last month.