- Frenzied month for American sprinter Justin Gatlin Updated: May-27-15 2:35 am
Within a matter of days this month, Justin Gatlin had an Olympic relay silver medal stripped, shattered his personal-best mark in the 100 and missed a meet in Beijing over a misunderstanding.
- Usain Bolt wins 200 at cold, wet Golden Spike meet Updated: May-26-15 4:17 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt cruised to victory in the 200 meters race at the Golden Spike meet on Tuesday, as the Jamaican star prepares for the world championships after a season marred by injuries.
- Usain Bolt getting back into shape ahead of worlds Updated: May-24-15 12:57 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt is not worried by Justin Gatlin's fast times and is using this season to get into shape ahead of the world championship in Beijing after his injuries last season.
- Bracy wins 100 meters in Beijing after Gatlin withdrawal Updated: May-20-15 1:06 pm
BEIJING - Marvin Bracy clocked 9.95 seconds to win the men's 100 meters at the World Challenge Beijing meet Wednesday, a day after American teammate Justin Gatlin withdrew from the event.
- Arkansas men's track and field ranked No. 5 Updated: May-19-15 11:00 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas men's track and field team is ranked among the top five best teams in the nation.
- Oliver wins hurdles in Shanghai; Liu Xiang takes victory lap Updated: May-17-15 12:51 pm
SHANGHAI - Retired Chinese star Liu Xiang watched from the crowd as his American rival David Oliver won the men's 110-meter hurdles in 13.17 seconds at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Sunday.
- Triple jump world champ Tamgho having surgery Updated: May-16-15 8:24 am
DOHA, Qatar - Triple jump world champion Teddy Tamgho was set for surgery in Qatar on Saturday and is a big doubt to defend his title in August after rupturing his Achilles tendon in the season-opening Diamond League meet.
- Gatlin runs 9.74 to win 100 at Diamond League opener in Doha Updated: May-15-15 9:05 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Justin Gatlin sent a message to Usain Bolt on Friday - both with his legs and his mouth.
- Bolt to run at season-ending meeting in Brussels Updated: May-14-15 5:42 am
BRUSSELS - Usain Bolt will run at the season-ending Memorial Van Damme Diamond League meeting on Sept. 11.
- IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Gay doping case Updated: May-13-15 3:31 pm
LONDON - The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case.
- World 1,500 meter champ Kiprop 'offended' by doping link Updated: May-13-15 3:10 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Two-time 1,500-meter world champion Asbel Kiprop said Wednesday he feels personally offended by his name being linked in the media with doping after Kenya's athletics federation suspended the management company that represents him.
- Gatlin wants to 'dominate on a higher level' in 2015 Updated: May-13-15 1:18 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Guess who Justin Gatlin saw soon after arriving in Doha for the start of the Diamond League season? Yep, Usain Bolt.
- Kentucky's Floreal to lead Team USA at World Championships Updated: May-12-15 7:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - USA Track and Field has appointed Kentucky head coach Edrick Floreal to lead Team USA at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China, Aug. 22-30.
- Injured Lavillenie withdraws from Diamond League opener Updated: May-12-15 5:33 am
DOHA, Qatar - Pole vault world record-holder Renaud Lavillenie withdrew from the season-opening Diamond League meet in Doha on Tuesday after injuring his right shoulder while running in a 4x100-meter race for his club in France.
- Gebrselassie gives up competitions, won't stop running Updated: May-11-15 7:00 am
Haile Gebrselassie isn't going to stop running, he's just going to stop racing.
- Gatlin eager for showdown with Bolt in August at worlds Updated: May-11-15 4:18 am
Justin Gatlin ruled the track last season in a very Usain Bolt-like fashion: 18 wins in 18 races.
- Minneapolis man, Colorado woman win 11th Fargo Marathon Updated: May-09-15 2:43 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The men's and women's winners of the 11th annual Fargo Marathon have crossed the finish line.
- Decathlete pulls daughter's tooth with javelin throw Updated: May-06-15 5:11 pm
For Bryan Clay's family, it's all fun and games especially when a tooth gets knocked out.
- Pa.'s Santucci repeats at Pittsburgh Marathon women's champ Updated: May-04-15 8:41 am
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania's Clara Santucci repeated as the women's champion and Kenyan Stephen Njoroge won the men's race at Sunday's Pittsburgh Marathon.
- US men set world record in distance medley relay in Bahamas Updated: May-03-15 10:53 pm
NASSAU, Bahamas - The U.S. men's team set a world record in the distance medley relay at IAAF's World Relays meet on Sunday in the Bahamas.
- Gloyeske wins Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati Updated: May-03-15 2:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Two southwest Ohioans won the top prizes for men and women in the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati.