- U. of Iowa settles male track coach discrimination lawsuit Updated: Jan-27-16 11:08 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The University of Iowa confirmed Wednesday it will pay nearly $200,000 to a male track coach and his attorneys to settle a gender discrimination lawsuit alleging the man was passed over for a job because administrators wanted a woman.
- IOC relaxes guidelines on transgender athletes Updated: Jan-24-16 2:45 pm
LONDON - Transgender athletes should be allowed to compete in the Olympics and other international events without undergoing sex reassignment surgery, according to new guidelines adopted by the IOC.
- 2 Utah men sue NYC Marathon over lottery that picks runners Updated: Jan-21-16 9:06 pm
NEW YORK - Two Utah men filed a lawsuit Thursday against the organizers of the wildly popular New York City Marathon, saying the lottery system used to pick entrants for it violates state law.
- Company co-owned by Olympian files antitrust suit in Eugene Updated: Jan-21-16 10:50 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A company owned by two-time Olympian Nick Symmonds and his coach have filed a federal antitrust lawsuit in Eugene against USA Track & Field and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Kipsang, Kipchoge head London Marathon field Updated: Jan-19-16 4:08 am
LONDON - The last two winners of the London Marathon, Kenyan rivals Wilson Kipsang and Eliud Kipchoge, will return for another shot at the title in April.
- Ethiopia's Degefa, Burka rally for Houston Marathon wins Updated: Jan-17-16 12:22 pm
HOUSTON - Through the first half of the men's and women's Houston Marathon, it looked like the Ethiopians' grip on the race could be coming to an end.
- Ready, set, as runners prep for Sunday's Houston Marathon Updated: Jan-14-16 12:23 pm
HOUSTON - If you asked Alan McClelland about marathon running a few years ago, he'd tell you it was for crazy people.
- Mo Farah finishes 2nd on 'slippery' course in Edinburgh Updated: Jan-09-16 11:02 am
EDINBURGH, Scotland - Mo Farah finished second to Garrett Heath of the United States at a rainy Great Edinburgh Cross Country men's race on Saturday.