- US relay team sets indoor world record for title Updated: Mar-09-14 3:58 pm
- Ethiopians sweep LA Marathon Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Lagat scheduled to run Carlsbad 5000 on March 30 Updated: Feb-27-14 7:14 pm
- Mo Farah to run NYC Half to prep for 1st marathon Updated: Feb-26-14 11:12 am
- UA men No. 1, women No. 4 in track and field Updated: Feb-25-14 5:13 pm
- Veronica Campbell-Brown cleared to return to track Updated: Feb-24-14 1:27 pm
- Ryan Whiting wins shot put at USA Indoor Updated: Feb-23-14 7:27 pm
- Lagat wins 3,000 at US Indoor Championships Updated: Feb-22-14 8:17 pm
- Track star's stolen Olympic medals found Updated: Feb-20-14 12:40 pm
- Bubka calls for halt to violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-19-14 11:07 am
- Finland wins men's team sprint at Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 7:56 am
- Eddy Alvarez crashes again at Olympic short track Updated: Feb-18-14 9:49 am
- Haile Gebrselassie to pace London Marathon Updated: Feb-17-14 11:53 am
- Pole-vaulter Lavillenie pulls out of world champs Updated: Feb-17-14 11:24 am
- Sweden wins men's cross-country relay in Sochi Updated: Feb-16-14 10:15 am
- Teen star Mary Cain wins Wanamaker Mile Updated: Feb-15-14 6:44 pm
- Dibaba runs fastest-ever 2 miles indoors Updated: Feb-15-14 6:36 pm
- Bubka watches Lavillenie break his world record Updated: Feb-15-14 6:17 pm
- Germany wins Olympic luge team relay Updated: Feb-13-14 1:25 pm
- Northug dropped from Norway's 15K team Updated: Feb-12-14 10:18 am
- Hattestad wins men's Olympic cross-country sprint Updated: Feb-11-14 1:13 pm
SOPOT, Poland - Perhaps people know Calvin Smith Jr, and even then likely because his father was a famous runner a generation back. And David Verburg ran on the 4x400 world outdoor gold medal team last year.
SANTA MONICA, California - Amane Gobena ran two marathons in two months, and after winning the second in Los Angeles, she'll now have enough money for that dream home.
CARLSBAD, California - Four-time Olympian Bernard Lagat is scheduled to run in the Carlsbad 5000 on March 30.
NEW YORK - Olympic double gold medalist Mo Farah will run a half-marathon in New York City next month in preparation for his marathon debut.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas men's track and field team remains No. 1 and the women's team No. 4 in the latest rankings by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Decorated Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown says she has been cleared to return to the track by the world sports court some 10 months after returning a positive test at an island meet.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Ryan Whiting had a simple explanation for his victory Sunday in the shot put at the USA Indoor Track & Field National Championships.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - For a moment Saturday, Bernard Lagat looked more like a halfback cutting through the open field than a middle-distance runner sprinting to the finish.
ATLANTA - Two medals stolen from Olympic sprinter and hurdler Angelo Taylor have been returned.
SOCHI, Russia - His eyes welling with tears and voice choking with emotion, Ukrainian pole vault great Sergei Bubka appealed Wednesday to both sides in his homeland's political crisis to halt the violence that has claimed dozens of lives and brought the country "to the brink of catastrophe."
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Finland surprisingly won the men's cross-country team sprint at the Sochi Olympics on Wednesday, taking advantage of a fall that slowed its two closest rivals in the final.
SOCHI, Russia - Eddy Alvarez is very familiar with the pads at the Iceberg Skating Palace.
LONDON - Haile Gebrselassie will pace a world-record attempt at the London Marathon in April.
PARIS - New indoor pole vault world record-holder Renaud Lavillenie will not defend his title in the world championships next month because of a foot injury.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marcus Hellner was so far ahead of his rivals heading in to the cross-country stadium that he had time to pick up a Swedish flag and wave it to the crowd as he cruised toward the finish line.
NEW YORK - Teen star Mary Cain won the Wanamaker Mile on Saturday in the Millrose Games.
BIRMINGHAM, England - Genzebe Dibaba produced her third record performance of the month on Saturday, with the Ethiopian racing the fastest two miles at the Birmingham Grand Prix.
With Sergei Bubka in the crowd, there was perfect symmetry as Renaud Lavillenie broke Bubka's indoor pole vault world record in the same Ukrainian city of Donetsk more than 20 years later.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Men's gold. Women's gold. Doubles gold.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Two-time Olympic champion Petter Northug has been dropped from Friday's 15-kilometer classical-style race after poor results in the first two men's cross-country events in Sochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - On a day of slips, falls and crashes, Ola Vigen Hattestad took the safest route to an Olympic gold - staying in front from beginning to end.