- Merritt beats world champion Van Niekerk to win 400 Updated: Sep-03-15 4:51 pm
ZURICH - LaShawn Merritt edged a thrilling finish in the 400 meters at the Weltklasse Zurich Diamond League meet on Thursday, earning partial revenge for losing to Wayde van Niekerk at the world championships last month.
- Report: Criminal probe into Powell, Simpson dropped in Italy Updated: Sep-02-15 11:45 am
UDINE, Italy - A criminal doping investigation into Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson plus their trainer has reportedly been dropped in Italy.
- Kenya celebrates athletes but more doping probes underway Updated: Sep-01-15 7:29 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Some of Kenya's newly crowned track and field world champions returned home on Tuesday and were ferried to a celebratory breakfast in a convoy of limousines bearing the logo "Hotbed of Champions."
- Usain Bolt points to Rio with more gold in his hands Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
BEIJING - Hard as this is to believe, there were questions about Usain Bolt when the world championships first started.
- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president Updated: Aug-30-15 1:05 pm
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- Moving on: US bobbles a relay, starts thinking about Rio Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BEIJING - For the world's best sprinters, passing the baton in the 4x400 relay is about as easy as rolling out of bed in the morning.
- China's most successful worlds wrap up with 2 more medals Updated: Aug-30-15 11:57 am
BEIJING - It was a fitting end for the hometown fans at the Bird's Nest.
- A 200-400 sprint double at Olympics could be waiting Felix Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 am
BEIJING - If Allyson Felix feels tired now, just wait until next year.
- Coe: Worlds should be more than a discussion on doping Updated: Aug-30-15 10:45 am
BEIJING - Sebastian Coe cut into one last, rambling news conference from retiring IAAF president Lamine Diack in a bid to characterize the attitude of the new regime running the sport.
- Richards-Ross looks to lead US to gold in 4x400 at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
BEIJING - A gold medal could make a tough trip to Beijing a little bit better for Sanya Richards-Ross.
- Ashton Eaton breaks world record as he wins decathlon gold Updated: Aug-29-15 1:36 pm
BEIJING - This was going to hurt. No way around it for Ashton Eaton.
- With American help, Chinese relay earns silver at worlds Updated: Aug-29-15 1:35 pm
BEIJING - It only took moments after Zhang Peimeng crossed the finish line for the Chinese 4x100-meter relay team's historic medal to be upgraded from bronze to silver.
- 1 would have been enough before, now Farah has a handful Updated: Aug-29-15 1:06 pm
BEIJING - Only seven years ago, Mo Farah was daydreaming about winning a medal - just one, any color.
- Ashton Eaton races out to big lead in decathlon at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 12:29 pm
BEIJING - The clock by the track isn't broken, Ashton Eaton. You really did run that fast.
- US decathlete Trey Hardee out of worlds with back injury Updated: Aug-28-15 5:20 am
BEIJING - Three events in and American decathlete Trey Hardee had to withdraw. His throbbing lower back couldn't take anymore punishment.
- Americans add 2 golds at worlds from Felix and Taylor Updated: Aug-27-15 1:41 pm
BEIJING - Allyson Felix and Christian Taylor were out of their comfort zones at the world championships.
- Wlodarczyk's record win gives Poland hammer throw sweep Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 pm
BEIJING - The more Anita Wlodarczyk has accomplished in her hammer throwing career, the more she has learned to keep her celebrations relatively restrained.
- Jamaicans provide some smiles in the 200 at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 1:53 pm
BEIJING - Racing in a lane next to one of the big-name Jamaicans sure was a laugh.
- For Pacific athletes, getting to worlds is what matters most Updated: Aug-26-15 11:56 am
BEIJING - Sprinter Beouch Ngirchongor wakes up every morning at 5 a.m. to train for an hour before going to his job as a carpenter in the Northern Mariana Islands.
- 2 Kenyan runners test positive for doping at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 9:24 am
BEIJING - Two Kenyan runners have tested positive for doping at the world championships and have been provisionally suspended.
- After worlds, kidney transplant awaits hurdler Aries Merritt Updated: Aug-26-15 2:03 am
BEIJING - No matter how many hurdles Aries Merritt clears this week at the world championships, he knows there's an even bigger one waiting for him in a few days back at home - a kidney transplant.
- Americans struggle through opening 4 days of worlds Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
BEIJING - Jenny Simpson lost her left shoe after being stepped on and ran the last lap of the 1,500-meter race with her bare foot striking the surface.
- China wins 1st long jump medal in breakout moment at worlds Updated: Aug-25-15 12:51 pm
BEIJING - Star hurdler Liu Xiang proved to the world that his country could compete in track events when he upended the field at the 2004 Athens Olympics to win China's first-ever gold medal in athletics.
- No rushing Rudisha: Patience contributes to 2nd world title Updated: Aug-25-15 12:11 pm
BEIJING - This world title came in a tactical race for David Rudisha, so very unlike the wire-to-wire run at the London Olympics that earned him a gold medal and a world record in the 800 meters.
- Justin Gatlin's mom held her own against heckler at worlds Updated: Aug-25-15 9:59 am
BEIJING - Turns out, Justin Gatlin's mother didn't need his help putting a heckler in his place.