- Decathlete pulls daughter's tooth with javelin throw Updated: May-06-15 5:11 pm
For Bryan Clay's family, it's all fun and games especially when a tooth gets knocked out.
- Pa.'s Santucci repeats at Pittsburgh Marathon women's champ Updated: May-04-15 8:41 am
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania's Clara Santucci repeated as the women's champion and Kenyan Stephen Njoroge won the men's race at Sunday's Pittsburgh Marathon.
- US men set world record in distance medley relay in Bahamas Updated: May-03-15 10:53 pm
NASSAU, Bahamas - The U.S. men's team set a world record in the distance medley relay at IAAF's World Relays meet on Sunday in the Bahamas.
- Gloyeske wins Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati Updated: May-03-15 2:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Two southwest Ohioans won the top prizes for men and women in the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati.
- Usain Bolt to run again at Golden Spike in May Updated: Apr-29-15 9:03 am
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt will compete again at the Golden Spike in the Czech city of Ostrava in May.
- Bolt's Olympic preparations to be put into a documentary Updated: Apr-29-15 6:09 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt is headed for the big screen in a documentary about his preparations for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and his subsequent retirement a year later.
- Big season ahead for pole-vault record-holder Lavillenie Updated: Apr-28-15 3:26 pm
This year, Renaud Lavillenie wants to be the Diamond League's top pole-vaulter for a sixth straight season, break his own world record, claim a first world title, and hopefully leave enough free time to go motorcycle racing.
- Ukrainian biathlete Sednev banned for 2 years for doping Updated: Apr-28-15 5:44 am
SALZBURG, Austria - The International Biathlon Union says Sergei Sednev of Ukraine, who retired in December, has been banned for two years for doping.
- Kipchoge wins his 1st London Marathon in Kenyan top 4 Updated: Apr-26-15 1:50 pm
LONDON - Eliud Kipchoge won the London Marathon for the first time on Sunday, leading home a Kenyan top four ahead of defending champion Wilson Kipsang.
- Stowers stuns field to win 110 hurdles at Drake Relays Updated: Apr-25-15 11:51 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The field for the women's 110-meter hurdle race at the Drake Relays was so stacked that hometown favorite Lolo Jones' late scratch was barely noticed.
- Lucas leads US women in 800-meter relay at Penn Relays Updated: Apr-25-15 6:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Porscha Lucas led Team USA to victory in the women's 800-meter relay at the Penn Relays on Saturday and the Americans won four of six events in the U.S.A. vs. The World races.
- Wietecha wins Country Music Marathon for 3rd straight year Updated: Apr-25-15 5:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won the St. Jude Country Music Marathon for a third straight year Saturday, finishing in 2 hours, 23 minutes, 39 seconds.
- Usain Bolt: Gay's reduced doping ban sends wrong message Updated: Apr-24-15 7:59 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt believes Tyson Gay should have been thrown out of the sport for doping, calling his American rival's reduced ban for cooperating with investigators "the stupidest thing I've ever heard."
- Desisa wins 119th Boston Marathon; Rotich takes women's race Updated: Apr-21-15 3:11 am
BOSTON - Lelisa Desisa ran through the rain to earn a second Boston Marathon victory and his first chance to enjoy it.
- The Latest: Wheelchair champ gives wreath to Richards family Updated: Apr-20-15 9:16 pm
- For Boston winner Meb Keflezighi, a year of thanks Updated: Apr-19-15 4:44 pm
BOSTON - Ever since Meb Keflezighi won last year's Boston Marathon, the first race after the finish-line bombings and the first win for an American man in more than 30 years, fans have been gravitating to him wherever he goes.
- 30K runners, 28,200 bananas: Boston Marathon by the numbers Updated: Apr-19-15 10:26 am
BOSTON - The Boston Marathon includes 26.2 miles, 34 elite athletes, 30,000 runners, 87 countries, 1 million spectators and $830,500 in prize money.
- 2 years after bombs, Boston Marathon looks forward, not back Updated: Apr-18-15 9:42 am
BOSTON - It's been decades since you could run in the Boston Marathon without qualifying, before limits on the field size made entering - almost as much as finishing - something to aspire to.
- Kenyan trio wins men's Belgrade Marathon Updated: Apr-18-15 9:14 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Silas Sang led a Kenyan trio to win the Belgrade Marathon on Saturday, finishing in 2 hours, 14 minutes, 43 seconds.
- Flanagan, Linden lead US hopes for Boston women's win Updated: Apr-17-15 5:12 pm
BOSTON - The American men ended their slump when Meb Keflezighi won the Boston Marathon in 2014, a cathartic victory that allowed the "Star-Spangled Banner" to play over Boylston Street one year after bombs exploded there.
- Bolt: 'At my best, it's ... almost impossible to beat me' Updated: Apr-17-15 1:43 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Usain Bolt has a few goals left before he retires: He wants to break his own 200-meter world record and do it by running under 19 seconds.
- Top Kenyans' season preps in disarray after agents suspended Updated: Apr-15-15 7:05 am
ELDORET, Kenya - Leading Kenyan athletes have criticized the national federation for suspending their agents in a doping investigation, saying it has hurt their preparations for the world championships and other major competitions this season.
- Arkansas men's, women's track teams earn top-10 rankings Updated: Apr-07-15 1:40 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas men's and women's outdoor track and field teams have both secured top 10 rankings.
- 2004 Olympic hurdles champ Liu Xiang confirms retirement Updated: Apr-07-15 7:44 am
BEIJING - Former Olympic champion hurdler Liu Xiang confirmed his retirement on Tuesday, citing age and injuries 2 1/2 years after his last race.
- Russia appoints Borzakovsky as top athletics coach Updated: Apr-06-15 11:40 am
MOSCOW - Former Olympic 800-meter champion Yuri Borzakovsky has been hired permanently as Russia's new top athletics coach, tasked with rebuilding a team badly hit by doping scandals.