- 25,000 take part in San Francisco Marathon Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twenty-five thousand runners have swarmed across the foggy Golden Gate Bridge in the 38th running of the San Francisco Marathon.
- Bolt 'will show up' at world championships in Beijing Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Even though Usain Bolt is still waiting to see if he has fully recovered from a left leg injury, the Olympic champion is sure he will be able to compete at next month's world championships in Beijing.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Campaigning athletes cheer Russian coach's exit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:16 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian walk-racing coach announced his retirement while facing a series of doping allegations.
- South Carolina's Frye headed to 2016 Olympics Updated: Jul-15-15 2:51 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina track coach Curtis Frye has been named an assistant to the USA men's team at the Olympic Games in Brazil next year.
- South African sprinter Van Niekerk runs sub-20 second 200 Updated: Jul-15-15 7:17 am
LUCERNE, Switzerland - South African sprinter Wayde van Niekerk joined American great Michael Johnson in elite company while setting a national record in the 200 meters.
- Rule change means Gatlin ineligible for athlete of year Updated: Jul-14-15 9:27 am
LONDON - Even if Justin Gatlin manages to beat Usain Bolt at next month's world championships, he won't be eligible for the sport's athlete of the year award.
- Bolt returning to London to run 100m at Olympic Stadium Updated: Jul-10-15 7:14 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt will return to London's Olympic Stadium to run the 100 meters at a Diamond League meet later this month.
- Athletissima Diamond League Results Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
100_1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.75. 2, Asafa Powell, Jamaica, 9.92. 3, Tyson Gay, United States, 9.92. 4, Michael Rodgers, United States, 10.03. 5, Keston Bledman, Trinidad and Tobago, 10.03. 6, Kim Collins, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 10.08. 7, Isiah Young, United States, 10.11.
- Justin Gatlin races to 100 win in 9.75 at Athletissima meet Updated: Jul-09-15 6:06 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Justin Gatlin easily beat two big-name rivals by clocking 9.75 seconds in the 100 meters at the Athletissima Diamond League meet on Thursday.
- Mo Farah to race in 3,000m at London Diamond League meeting Updated: Jul-07-15 10:26 am
LONDON - British Athletics says Mo Farah will compete in the 3,000 meters at the Diamond League meeting at London's Olympic Stadium.
- Olympic hopeful from Zimbabwe has found home in Augusta Updated: Jul-05-15 9:23 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Since arriving two years ago in Augusta, Pardon Ndhlovu has enjoyed training at a popular location.
- France relay team finally gets Olympic bronze medal Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
PARIS - Three years late, France's men got their 4x100-meter relay bronze medal from the London Olympics on Saturday, bumped up from fourth after the U.S. team was disqualified because of Tyson Gay's doping.
- Asafa Powell likes flying under radar to world championships Updated: Jul-02-15 12:12 pm
PARIS - Offered a glass of water in a sweltering Parisian heat wave, Asafa Powell shook his head, preferring the risk of thirst.
- Injured Usain Bolt pulls out of Diamond League meetings Updated: Jun-30-15 2:14 pm
PARIS - Slowed by an injured left leg, Usain Bolt withdrew Tuesday from this month's Diamond League meetings in Paris and Lausanne, dealing a blow to his title defense preparations for the world championships in August.
- Britain's anti-doping agency probes claims against Salazar Updated: Jun-30-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency is investigating claims that American long-distance running coach Alberto Salazar encouraged athletes at the Nike Oregon Project to skirt anti-doping rules.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- Gatlin & Co. ready to face Bolt at worlds Updated: Jun-29-15 4:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin is still blazing fast at 33 years old. Same with Tyson Gay at 32 and Wallace Spearmon at 30.
- Gatlin cruises to 200 title with top time ever at nationals Updated: Jun-29-15 3:12 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin just couldn't help himself. He pointed at the clock as he crossed the line, just to make sure no one missed his splendid time.
- Goucher lashes out at former coach Alberto Salazar Updated: Jun-28-15 5:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An upset Kara Goucher took exception at being called a liar by Alberto Salazar after her former coach went public to clear his name over doping allegations.