- Perry hearing before top Texas appeals court delayed 2 weeks Updated: Oct-09-15 4:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' highest criminal court is delaying for two weeks its hearing on whether former Gov. Rick Perry should be prosecuted on felony abuse-of-power charges.
- Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley to headline Southern forum Updated: Oct-09-15 12:25 pm
ATLANTA - Three Democratic presidential candidates are scheduled to attend a Nov. 6 forum in South Carolina.
- Sanders' debate mantra: Let Bernie be Bernie Updated: Oct-09-15 3:35 am
WASHINGTON - Forget about image consultants and mock stages. Bernie Sanders and his campaign team have a relatively simple plan for his first major debate: "Let Bernie be Bernie."
- AP source: Rubio raises $6M over last 3 months Updated: Oct-08-15 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio has raised roughly $6 million over the last three months for his Republican presidential bid.
- Carson says armed Jews would have 'diminished' Holocaust Updated: Oct-08-15 7:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson suggests the Holocaust would have been "greatly diminished" if German Jews had been armed with guns.
- Clinton seeks crackdown for those breaking Wall Street rules Updated: Oct-08-15 4:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Just days before the first Democratic debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton released a series of proposals aimed at cracking down on bad behavior by Wall Street, vowing that individual bankers who violate the law will be "prosecuted and imprisoned."
- Trade deal, Keystone open Clinton to flip-flop charges Updated: Oct-08-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Martin O'Malley was blunt when he learned Hillary Rodham Clinton had announced her opposition to a Pacific Rim trade deal. "Wow, that's a reversal," he told reporters minutes after Clinton announced her shift.
- Rupert Murdoch suggests Obama isn't 'real black president' Updated: Oct-08-15 1:10 am
WASHINGTON - The founder of the global News Corp. media empire, Rupert Murdoch, is suggesting that President Barack Obama isn't a "real black president."
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise Updated: Oct-07-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama seemed to call Hillary Rodham Clinton's idea of a no-fly zone in Syria "half-baked."
- Bernie Sanders campaign hires a Nevada state director Updated: Oct-06-15 7:50 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is starting to build a formal campaign team in Nevada.
- Rubio criticizes government regulation of on-demand economy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio vowed Tuesday to cap the number of regulations government can impose on businesses, particularly "on-demand" startups like Uber and Airbnb that he considers models for a changing national economy.
- Nevada lawmaker Jim Wheeler backs Cruz after Walker dropout Updated: Oct-06-15 12:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is picking up an endorsement from a former member of Scott Walker's Nevada campaign team.
- Clinton ad seizes on Rep. McCarthy's Benghazi comments Updated: Oct-06-15 10:14 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is running a new ad that seizes on House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's admission that the Benghazi committee can take credit for her diminished public standing.
- Clinton's Minnesota "leadership council" nets big-name help Updated: Oct-05-15 10:32 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Both of Minnesota's U.S. senators as well as Gov. Mark Dayton have signed on to a state "leadership council" for Hillary Clinton's campaign for president.
- Donald Trump holding campaign rally in Las Vegas next week Updated: Oct-02-15 5:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is heading to the Las Vegas Strip for a campaign rally.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- Trump not coming to Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Donald Trump won't be doing a question-and-answer session with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Washington next week.
- Disdainful of fundraising, Sanders raises big sums for 2016 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 am
WASHINGTON - For someone who rails almost daily against big money in politics, Bernie Sanders has suddenly become pretty good at getting it.
- Trump and Carson's attacks on Muslims worry some GOP elders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:11 am
WASHINGTON - The candidates atop the GOP presidential field are ramping up political attacks aimed at Muslims, a move designed to appeal to hardline conservatives. But party elders worry that escalating anti-immigrant rhetoric could cost Republicans the White House in 2016.
- Clinton backs potential no-fly zone in Syria Updated: Oct-02-15 12:55 am
BOSTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday she would push for a no-fly zone and safe regions in Syria to address the humanitarian crisis that has spilled out in the Middle East.
- Rand Paul announces 2 endorsements from Nevada Assembly Updated: Oct-01-15 8:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul is lining up support among freshman lawmakers in the Nevada Assembly.
- Hillary Clinton says more substance abuse treatment needed Updated: Oct-01-15 6:15 pm
BOSTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday that treatment for drug and alcohol addiction should be on a par with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions.
- Questions, answers about effort to hack Clinton's emails Updated: Oct-01-15 7:43 am
WASHINGTON - Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times in August 2011 to trick Hillary Rodham Clinton into infecting her computer systems while she was secretary of state, according to newly released emails from the State Department.
- Carson raising millions to become '16 fundraising juggernaut Updated: Oct-01-15 3:45 am
RANDLEMAN, North Carolina - She had never before given more than a few hundred dollars to a politician. But two weeks ago, Jacquelyn Monroe, a single mother who plays the piano for a living, decided to raise $100,000 for Ben Carson.
- Bush says NFL's Washington Redskins name not offensive Updated: Sep-30-15 6:43 pm
MIAMI - Delving into a decades-long controversy, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said the name of the Washington Redskins football team is not offensive to Native Americans.