- Sliver of Clinton emails hint at lingering political trouble Updated: May-23-15 4:26 am
WASHINGTON - Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton received information on her private email account about the deadly attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi that was later classified "secret" at the request of the FBI, underscoring lingering questions about how responsibly she handled sensitive information on a home server.
- Clinton appears to rule out return of ground forces in Iraq Updated: May-22-15 3:45 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she sees "no role whatsoever" for U.S. ground forces in Iraq despite setbacks in the struggle against Islamic State militants.
- Cruz adds state Republican Party official to campaign team Updated: May-22-15 2:15 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan Republican Party official who specializes in grassroots outreach will be state director for the presidential campaign of Ted Cruz.
- 2016 prospect Rand Paul in new book: GOP willing to change Updated: May-21-15 2:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul reaches out in his most direct way yet to African-Americans in a new book that highlights his libertarian policies on government surveillance, the economy and criminal justice reform.
- 10's a crowd? GOP prepares for double digits on debate stage Updated: May-20-15 9:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The first Republican presidential debate will feature no fewer than 10 candidates.
- Oklahoma GOP roiled by infighting as conference looms Updated: May-20-15 8:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - As Republicans prepare for some of the party's biggest names to descend on Oklahoma for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, the state party is being rocked by infighting over its new chairman's decision to retain a staffer who pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge.
- Shumlin endorses Clinton for president over Sanders Updated: May-20-15 6:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont House Speaker Shap Smith says he expects to join Gov. Peter Shumlin in endorsing Hillary Clinton for president over Sen. Bernie Sanders.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- GOP candidate Marco Rubio coming to Nevada in late May Updated: May-19-15 3:03 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio is planning to visit Nevada at the end of the month to celebrate his birthday with the star of the TV show "Pawn Stars."
- Clinton defends financial regs for big banks, dodges trade Updated: May-19-15 1:35 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton sharply criticized Republican efforts to revamp a 2010 financial regulation law as "cynical attempt to game the system for those at the top." But she continued to avoid taking a position on an Asia-Pacific trade pact that has divided fellow Democrats.
- State Dept. plans release of Clinton emails by next January Updated: May-19-15 1:35 am
WASHINGTON - The State Department has proposed releasing portions of 55,000 pages of emails from former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton by next January.
- Christie call for larger military, more US intervention Updated: May-18-15 3:16 pm
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made the case Monday for a more active U.S. presence overseas, including a larger military and defended the government's intelligence-collection efforts in a speech laying out his foreign policy platform.
- Texan Rick Perry pushes oil pipeline during Iowa GOP event Updated: May-17-15 1:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry says American workers would benefit from the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
- Christie to Georgia GOP: I'm a truth-teller and winner Updated: May-15-15 2:03 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is pitching himself to Georgia Republicans as a truth-telling winner from a traditionally Democratic state.
- GOP celebrates Asian Pacific heritage in Vegas, seeks votes Updated: May-15-15 1:03 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Republican National Committee in celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in Las Vegas will talk about the importance of gaining the group's votes in 2016.
- Bush still coy about running in speech to Vegas Republicans Updated: May-13-15 11:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Jeb Bush says a record like his leading the state of Florida from 1998 to 2007 is the kind of record necessary to win the White House.
- Bush opposes Yucca Mountain; at odds with Rubio Updated: May-13-15 6:06 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush isn't officially in the race yet, but he's already parting ways with one declared Republican presidential candidate regarding Yucca Mountain.
- Bush chides Clinton's 'scripted' run, but won't revisit Iraq Updated: May-13-15 5:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush is criticizing Hillary Rodham Clinton for running a "scripted" Democratic presidential campaign. But he's not answering all questions that come his way, either.
- Bush eats with Sandoval, says running mate talk premature Updated: May-13-15 3:52 pm
- Ohio's Republican treasurer backs Marco Rubio for president Updated: May-13-15 2:32 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State Treasurer Josh Mandel, a former Senate candidate and formidable fundraiser, endorsed Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio on Wednesday even as Ohio's GOP governor nears a decision on his own potential bid.
- Bush struggles to clarify stance on wisdom of invading Iraq Updated: May-12-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Struggling with the shadows of Iraq, Jeb Bush said Tuesday he would have made a different decision than his brother to invade Iraq in 2003 had he known what he does now about flaws in the nation's intelligence.
- Christie: Knowing what we know now, Iraq invasion a mistake Updated: May-12-15 6:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says that knowing what we know today, the decision to go to war with Iraq was ultimately the wrong one.
- TRAIL TRANSLATOR: They're all talking 'income inequality' Updated: May-12-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Of all the buzzwords and phrases popping up early in the presidential campaign, "income inequality" must be close to the top of the list. And it's not just Democrats insisting that the nation must deal with it firmly and fast.
- Christie calling for tax cuts in economic policy speech Updated: May-12-15 12:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie proposed cutting income and corporate tax rates Tuesday as part of an economic plan to return the U.S. "to its pro-growth roots and its pro-growth policies."
- Activists use Clinton immigration stance to pressure Obama Updated: May-11-15 1:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Immigration activists are trying to use Hillary Rodham Clinton's stance on immigration to pressure President Barack Obama to do more for immigrants.