- Christie returning to New Hampshire after bridge indictments Updated: May-06-15 6:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is returning to New Hampshire as he struggles to press forward with a likely presidential bid following indictments in the George Washington Bridge scandal.
- Christie says he would testify if called in bridge trial Updated: May-05-15 7:37 pm
FLOWOOD, Mississippi - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he would have no problem testifying in a trial of former allies who face criminal charges for their alleged roles in politically-motivated traffic jams that caused long delays in 2013 over the George Washington Bridge connecting his state to New York.
- Jeb Bush to visit Vegas next week, speak at GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 2:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Likely presidential candidate Jeb Bush is scheduled to visit Las Vegas next week to help raise money for the Clark County Republican Party.
- Carly Fiorina to headline New Mexico GOP fundraiser Updated: May-05-15 5:03 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former technology executive and GOP presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina is headlining a fundraiser for the Republican Party of New Mexico.
- New Jersey's Gov. Christie heading to Mississippi, Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 1:11 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is heading south for a handful of events on behalf of his political action committee.
- Ex-Christie allies plead not guilty in bridge case Updated: May-04-15 4:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two former political allies of Gov. Chris Christie pleaded not guilty Monday to charges they were involved in politically motivated lane closures of the George Washington Bridge, and the attorney for one vowed to subpoena her former colleagues to prove her innocence.
- GOP field grows: Longshots Fiorina, Carson launch their bids Updated: May-04-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Former technology executive Carly Fiorina and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson joined the rapidly expanding 2016 Republican presidential class on Monday, casting themselves as political outsiders in underdog campaigns, eager to challenge the elite of both parties.
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces White House campaign Updated: May-04-15 11:14 am
DETROIT - Retired surgeon Ben Carson has made it official, telling a crowd in his hometown of Detroit that he's running for president.
- O'Malley gets scrutiny over police record as Baltimore mayor Updated: May-04-15 8:16 am
BALTIMORE - Martin O'Malley often casts Baltimore as the comeback city that overcame the ravages of drugs and violence when he was mayor.
- White House Brief: Things to know about Carly Fiorina Updated: May-04-15 8:14 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Here's a look at key things to know about Carly Fiorina as she stepped into the 2016 Republican presidential campaign on Monday.
- Targeted mayor says indictment a 'punch in the gut' Updated: May-02-15 2:26 am
FORT LEE, New Jersey - A New Jersey mayor targeted for political retribution for not supporting Gov. Chris Christie's re-election effort in 2013 said that indictments in the case Friday were a "punch in the gut."
- Illinois clears major hurdle for Obama library in Chicago Updated: May-01-15 7:59 pm
CHICAGO - One of the remaining obstacles to building Barack Obama's presidential library in his hometown of Chicago fell away when Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner signed legislation Friday strengthening the city's legal ability to build the project on public park land.
- Jeb Bush to appear at NC GOP headquarters Updated: May-01-15 9:47 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is appearing at the North Carolina Republican Party headquarters.
- Key things to know about Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont Updated: Apr-28-15 7:28 pm
Key things to know about independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is expected to enter the 2016 Democratic presidential campaign on Thursday, according to people familiar with his decision:
- Trade deal poses dilemma for Clinton in Democratic primary Updated: Apr-28-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - On a trip to Australia in 2012, Hillary Rodham Clinton lavished praise on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership, calling it the "gold standard" in efforts to create open and fair trade.
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges mistakes in revealing donors Updated: Apr-27-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - The acting chief executive of the Clinton Foundation says the global philanthropy is working quickly to remedy mistakes it made in how it disclosed donors, saying that its policies on transparency and contributions from foreign governments are "stronger than ever."
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Iowans see a bumper crop Updated: Apr-25-15 10:48 pm
9 p.m. CDT (10 p.m. EDT)
- Social media a key battleground in Britain's election Updated: Apr-25-15 3:04 am
LONDON - Once, election campaigning meant knocking on doors, organizing meetings and licking stamps. Now it also includes honing hashtags, rallying retweets and clicking "like."
- $35K grant to UNR for Latino journalism project Updated: Apr-24-15 2:36 pm
RENO, Nevada - The University of Nevada's journalism school is teaming up with the Reno Gazette-Journal and KNPB public broadcasting to develop bilingual news coverage serving northern Nevada's Latino community ahead of the 2016 presidential election.
- In visit, Walker discounts idea Wisconsin lagging Minnesota Updated: Apr-23-15 5:00 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Likely GOP presidential candidate Scott Walker hopped across the border Thursday to mingle with Minnesota Republicans and while there discounted suggestions that Wisconsin's economy has performed worse in his time as governor than its Democratic-led neighbor.
- Gov. Snyder headed to Nevada for Republican Jewish meeting Updated: Apr-22-15 12:03 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder will travel to Nevada Thursday to attend the Republican Jewish Coalition's spring meeting.
- Walker's Wisconsin budget shows his conservative ideals Updated: Apr-16-15 3:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Best known nationally for his struggle with unions, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is staking out conservative ground in broader ways as he prepares for a likely run for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Super PAC formed to help Wisconsin's Walker in '16 campaign Updated: Apr-16-15 10:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's expected campaign for the White House got a boost Thursday as his former campaign managers formed a political group able to raise and spend unlimited amounts of money.
- GOP investigators asked Clinton about private email in 2012 Updated: Apr-15-15 12:15 pm
NORWALK, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton was asked by congressional investigators more than two years ago whether she had used a private email account while serving as secretary of state but the State Department later declined to address the question.
- Christie proposes overhaul of Social Security benefits Updated: Apr-14-15 9:10 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie proposed pushing back the age of eligibility for Social Security and Medicare for future retirees on Tuesday as part of a plan to cut deficits by $1 trillion over a decade, an approach he said would confront the nation's "biggest challenges in an honest way."