- GOP's Rand Paul brings campaign to Maine Updated: Sep-01-15 8:13 pm
FREEPORT, Maine - Hoping for a boost in a state where his father found strong support, Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul took a break from campaigning in New Hampshire to bring his message of smaller government, lower taxes and less intrusion in people's lives to a receptive audience of several hundred boisterous supporters on Tuesday.
- Donald Trump among next week's guests on 'The Tonight Show' Updated: Sep-01-15 12:24 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump is returning to NBC.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich opposes changing name of Mount McKinley Updated: Aug-31-15 9:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Monday that he disagrees with President Barack Obama's decision to rename Mount McKinley as Denali, the traditional Alaska Native name.
- Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clinton thus far Updated: Aug-31-15 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is putting a new twist on the topic of securing the border, a staple among the GOP candidates running for president, by pointing north.
- Latin music academy protests Trump's immigration proposals Updated: Aug-28-15 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is drawing protests from another Latino organization - this time, one based in the music industry.
- Feds win fight for access to indicted Paul aide's Gmail Updated: Aug-28-15 2:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal prosecutors are prevailing in their yearlong fight to access the emails of a once-powerful Republican consultant from Google Inc.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Ben Carson gains support as the other political outsider Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ben Carson's genial way of politicking is proving to be a draw for voters who like Donald Trump's status as a outsider but not his belligerence.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- Bush campaign raffling off ticket to Colbert debut Updated: Aug-27-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - Jeb Bush isn't just going to be a guest on Stephen Colbert's late-night debut on CBS. He's turned it into a fundraising opportunity.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- Clinton, Kobach spar in social media flap over voting rights Updated: Aug-26-15 4:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach traded barbs this week over social media with Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on voting rights.
- Trump vows never to eat Oreos again, citing move to Mexico Updated: Aug-25-15 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump repeated his claim Tuesday evening that he would stop eating Oreos, citing the cookie maker's decision to close a plant in Chicago and move it to Mexico.
- Trump has Univision anchor removed from new conference Updated: Aug-25-15 10:20 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump engaged in a prolonged confrontation with the anchor of the nation's leading Spanish-language network during a news conference Tuesday, first having the well-known news personality removed before allowing him back in.
- Fox News chief: Donald Trump owes Megyn Kelly an apology Updated: Aug-25-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News chief Roger Ailes said Tuesday that Donald Trump owes the network's Megyn Kelly an apology for an unprovoked Twitter attack that "is as unacceptable as it is disturbing," but Trump isn't backing down.
- Columba Bush puts drug addiction fight among top priorities Updated: Aug-25-15 3:20 am
MIAMI - The wife of Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says the highly personal fight she waged against drug addiction as Florida's first lady would remain one of her top priorities in the White House.
- Former NBC reporter Jamie Gangel joins CNN Updated: Aug-24-15 2:56 pm
NEW YORK - Longtime NBC News correspondent Jamie Gangel is coming out of retirement to join CNN.
- Film industry spokeswoman to be Biden's communications chief Updated: Aug-24-15 6:05 am
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden has chosen a top film industry official and former spokeswoman for John Edwards' 2008 presidential campaign to be his new communications director, the White House said Monday.
- Obama sheds summer curse, just in time for daunting fall Updated: Aug-23-15 10:49 pm
EDGARTOWN, Massachusetts - President Barack Obama may have finally shed his summer curse - just in time for a daunting fall.
- New Hampshire primary campaigns rely on 'super volunteers' Updated: Aug-23-15 10:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Each Saturday morning, 78-year-old Gary Patton goes door to door to talk to his neighbors about Hillary Rodham Clinton. He starts with a friendly introduction to make sure people know he's a local - not some out-of-towner who doesn't understand New Hampshire.
- Walker's health plan hinges on a tricky subsidy rollback Updated: Aug-23-15 10:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Scott Walker's plan for repealing and replacing President Barack Obama's health care law hinges on what many see as a nearly insurmountable obstacle - getting 60 votes in the Senate.
- For Koch group, winning is rising as priority over purity Updated: Aug-23-15 7:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The head of the Koch brothers' flagship political organization says a Republican winning the presidency is becoming a higher priority for more of its members, suggesting a rift between pragmatists and ideologues.
- Lawyers: US-born kids harmed by denial of birth certificates Updated: Aug-21-15 6:46 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Lawyers are asking a federal judge to intervene on the behalf of immigrant families who were denied birth certificates for their U.S.-born children because Texas health officials refused to recognize as valid certain forms of identification.