- GOP's Ben Carson taps Vegas pastor as Nevada campaign chair Updated: Dec-01-15 5:57 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson has tapped a Las Vegas pastor and author to be the Nevada campaign chairman.
- Black pastors press Trump on tone during closed-door meeting Updated: Nov-30-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of black pastors pressed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday to address what some called his use of racially charged rhetoric, with several describing a meeting that became tense at times as attendees raised concerns about his blunt language.
- From Homeland to hair: Clinton emails peek into the personal Updated: Nov-30-15 7:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest release of Hillary Clinton's private emails show her, as secretary of state, dealing with the complicated politics of the Arab Spring, fending off questions about her role in the deadly 2012 Benghazi attacks and attempting to navigate an intensifying conflict between Israel and Palestine.
- Rubio: Radical jihadists using refugee crisis as cover Updated: Nov-30-15 3:44 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida says radical jihadists are using the refugee crisis as a cover to send terrorists to the West and that it's impossible for the United States to vet some Syrian migrants.
- Calendars reveal Clinton's availability to supporters Updated: Nov-30-15 3:29 pm
WASHINGTON - As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton opened her office to dozens of influential Democratic party fundraisers, former Clinton administration and campaign loyalists, and corporate donors to her family's global charity, according to State Department calendars obtained by The Associated Press.
- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don't want to come to US Updated: Nov-29-15 2:08 am
AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan - After touring Syrian refugee camps in Jordan, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Saturday suggested that camps should serve as a long-term solution for millions, while other refugees could be absorbed by Middle Eastern countries.
- What to know about 'BernieCare,' Sanders' health overhaul Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The most ambitious "repeal and replace" health care plan from a presidential candidate comes from Sen. Bernie Sanders, not from a Republican.
- Carson visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan Updated: Nov-28-15 12:18 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is in the Middle East this weekend to meet with Syrian refugees.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Clinton, Sanders oppose Pfizer-Allergan deal Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are bashing plans by Pfizer and Allergan to join together in a $160 billion deal that will create the world's largest drugmaker.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Republican candidate Ben Carson headed back to Nevada Updated: Nov-20-15 5:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential front runner Ben Carson is returning to southern Nevada on Monday.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims 100M people looking for work Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
NEWTON, Iowa - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump often argues the number of people looking for work in the U.S. far surpasses government figures, something he says helps fuel the discontent that drives thousands of people to his rallies.
- Bush and Clinton seek to grab leadership mantle after Paris Updated: Nov-20-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign that has suddenly shifted in focus to terrorism and security, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush both see opportunities to cast themselves as best prepared to be commander in chief in tumultuous times.
- Sanders: 'Democratic socialism' means security, freedom Updated: Nov-19-15 4:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Thursday that economic security is essential to Americans achieving true freedom, a central tenant in his political philosophy of "democratic socialism."
- GOP candidate Carson cites common sense on foreign policy Updated: Nov-19-15 9:32 am
CINCINNATI - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is trying to brush aside questions about his readiness to deal with foreign policy issues, saying he has overseas experience and common sense.
- Clinton, Sanders to address strategy to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-19-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are outlining the steps on Thursday they would take to combat the Islamic State group, each making major speeches less than a week after the deadly attacks in Paris.
- Timeline of key dates in Cuba-US relations Updated: Nov-19-15 3:30 am
Key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Rubio says Cruz hurt US intelligence programs with stance Updated: Nov-18-15 7:48 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says his rival Ted Cruz worked with Democrats to harm U.S. intelligence programs by restricting the federal government's bulk phone records collection program.
- Adviser: Carson struggling with details on foreign policy Updated: Nov-18-15 10:46 am
Some advisers to Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson say he is struggling to grasp the complexities of foreign policy, his closest confidant said Tuesday, acknowledging their frustration while adding the political newcomer is making progress.