- Clinton campaign blasts Blankenship for appearing near event Updated: May-03-16 6:21 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Hillary Clinton is linking Donald Trump to a convicted coal executive who attended a protest at her West Virginia campaign stop.
- Once a Clinton stronghold, Appalachia now Trump country Updated: May-03-16 2:11 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - When President Bill Clinton rolled into the small Appalachian town of Ashland, Kentucky, in 1996, cheering crowds lined the streets. Local boy-turned-country music star Billy Ray Cyrus performed a special version of his hit, "Achy Breaky Heart" before nearly 20,000 supporters at a riverfront re-election rally.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- West Virginia Gov. Tomblin endorses Clinton for president Updated: Apr-29-16 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
- The Latest: Skirmishes break out outside Trump event Updated: Apr-29-16 4:13 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on protests against Donald Trump during the GOP candidate's California events (all times local):
- Sanders blasts Indiana factory closings at union rally Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bernie Sanders told a labor union rally outside the Indiana Statehouse that bad international trade policies are enabling corporations to shut down American factories and move work to countries with lower wages.
- Gov. Pence endorses Cruz in Indiana's GOP primary Tuesday Updated: Apr-29-16 12:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is endorsing Ted Cruz in the state's critical Republican primary.
- Some skirmishes in aftermath of Orange County Trump rally Updated: Apr-29-16 1:52 am
COSTA MESA, California - Thousands of supporters turned out Thursday as Donald Trump brought his campaign to Southern California.
- Chelsea Clinton heads to Kentucky to open campaign office Updated: Apr-28-16 5:18 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has plans to visit Kentucky this week.
- Maryland Dems want more Obama, GOP unhappy with government Updated: Apr-27-16 12:08 am
Donald Trump won Maryland's Republican primary with strong backing from voters angry about how government is working and eager for a president who can bring change, according to exit polls released Tuesday.
- Pepper spray flies during Trump protest clash in California Updated: Apr-26-16 11:07 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Supporters and opponents of Donald Trump clashed Tuesday outside City Hall, and five people, including two little girls, were pepper-sprayed by a demonstrator during the heated confrontation, police said.
- New York's fraud suit against Trump University moves forward Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York state's fraud suit against Trump University is moving along.
- Trump fan at endorsement event is convicted felon Updated: Apr-26-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - A man who appeared onstage with Donald Trump wearing a hat suggesting he was a retired police officer is actually a convicted felon who never served in law enforcement.
- Megyn Kelly to interview Donald Trump for Fox TV special Updated: Apr-25-16 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Donald Trump will join Megyn Kelly on a Fox TV special for her first interview with him since the fallout from their encounter during a GOP presidential debate last summer.
- Philly cheesecake is a test for candidates, not just a lunch Updated: Apr-25-16 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Five-point plans, engaging speeches and star endorsements are all important in a presidential campaign, but how well do candidates REALLY know the cities and towns where they're wooing voters?
- Ex-Clinton staffer again says no to testifying to Congress Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
WASHINGTON - A lawyer for the former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped maintain her private email server has told Congress that his client still will not appear before Senate committees investigating the matter.
- Puerto Rico's economic crisis threatens Democratic primary Updated: Apr-22-16 11:18 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's economic crisis has thrown the U.S. territory's upcoming Democratic primary into question.
- Clinton pivots from Obama's Asia policy with TPP opposition Updated: Apr-22-16 3:55 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton was the first standard-bearer for the Obama administration's strategic push into Asia, but her opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal could be a major obstacle to sustaining it should she win the presidency.
- FBI head: No timetable for completing Clinton email probe Updated: Apr-21-16 2:25 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI Director James Comey says there's no timetable for the FBI to complete its investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server when she was secretary of state.
- NY comptroller orders audit after reports of voting issues Updated: Apr-19-16 9:15 pm
NEW YORK - The city's comptroller has ordered an audit of its Board of Elections after reports that some voters were turned away from polling sites during the state's presidential primary.
- Trump has slip of tongue discussing 9/11 at Buffalo rally Updated: Apr-19-16 5:05 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Donald Trump made an unfortunate slip of the tongue while campaigning in Buffalo, New York, at his final campaign rally before Tuesday's big-prize primary.
- Mothers touched by tragedy rally behind Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-19-16 3:29 am
NEW YORK - It wasn't a giant rally with screaming supporters, celebrity friends and a feisty candidate. But the small gathering on behalf of Hillary Clinton in a Brooklyn church still reverberated with emotion.
- Trump, on Staten Island, finally gets his NYC homecoming Updated: Apr-17-16 3:55 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump's political home in his native New York City is several miles - and a ferry ride - from Trump Tower.
- Trump's rants risk annoying those who may decide nomination Updated: Apr-17-16 2:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Donald Trump's relentless assault on the rules that govern how Republicans choose their nominee is coming far too late to change what even defenders acknowledge is a complicated selection system.