- Omaha City Councilman quits race for Congress Updated: Dec-09-13 7:29 pm
- State Sen. Bert Johnson running for US House seat Updated: Dec-09-13 6:31 pm
- Suit challenges state's 2nd Congressional District Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Mass. special congressional race heading to wire Updated: Dec-09-13 5:54 pm
- Minn. GOP's Kline gets challenger from own party Updated: Dec-09-13 2:26 pm
- Voters head to polls Tuesday to elect 2 lawmakers Updated: Dec-09-13 2:10 pm
- Reid: No party-backed Democrat vs. Amodei in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 9:18 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- State Sen. Westrom to announce congressional bid Updated: Dec-04-13 9:13 pm
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- Holmes, Collier in runoff for Alabama House 31 Updated: Dec-03-13 10:46 pm
- Johnson, Lee in runoff for Alabama House 53 Updated: Dec-03-13 10:20 pm
- Wilcox wins Alabama House 104 GOP runoff Updated: Dec-03-13 9:37 pm
- Top Mont. Democrats endorse Lewis for US House Updated: Dec-03-13 7:18 pm
- House votes to renew all-plastic gun ban Updated: Dec-03-13 5:50 pm
- WSU law dean Benson won't run against Bentivolio Updated: Dec-03-13 5:48 pm
- New Miss state rep will turn 22 day he's sworn in Updated: Nov-30-13 5:30 pm
- John Gary Faulkner wins runoff in House 5 race Updated: Nov-27-13 9:13 am
- Jeramey Anderson wins House District 110 seat Updated: Nov-27-13 9:01 am
- US Rep. Enyart announces he'll seek 2nd term Updated: Nov-26-13 1:38 pm
- Special election in western Ky. causes confusion Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- Election set Jan. 7 for Iowa House District 25 Updated: Nov-26-13 6:35 am
- Fla.'s GOP chair calls on Radel to step down Updated: Nov-25-13 11:31 pm
- Jenks legislator to seek Tulsa County DA post Updated: Nov-25-13 6:42 pm
- GOP field for US House seat grows by 2 Updated: Nov-25-13 6:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha City Councilman Pete Festersen is dropping out of the race for Congress two months after launching his campaign, leaving Democrats without a candidate to challenge Republican Rep. Lee Terry in 2014.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's 2nd Congressional District looks like a wind-ruffled ribbon that curls from the eastern shore of Lake Pontchartrain through New Orleans, then up the Mississippi River to northern Baton Rouge.
BOSTON - The candidates seeking to fill Edward Markey's old seat in the U.S. House are making their final appeals to voters in the Massachusetts' 5th Congressional District.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A fellow Republican launching an endorsement challenge to U.S. Rep. John Kline said Monday that the six-term incumbent congressman is not conservative enough.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Political leaders are worried that lingering snow and frigid temperatures will have a chilling effect on voter turnout Tuesday in special legislative elections that, depending on the outcome, could inch Republicans one seat closer to a takeover in the House.
RENO, Nevada - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Democrats won't have a party-backed candidate to run against Republican Rep. Mark Amodei in 2014, but he's not ready to surrender the governor's race to incumbent Republican Brian Sandoval.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
ELBOW LAKE, Minnesota - Republican state Sen. Torrey Westrom plans to announce his bid for the U.S. House on Thursday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
WETUMPKA, Alabama - A runoff will be necessary to decide the special election for Alabama House District 31.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Anthony "Alann" Johnson and Arthur Shores Lee will be in a runoff Jan. 28 to decide the Democratic nominee for Alabama House District 53 in Birmingham.
MOBILE, Alabama - Mobile businesswoman Susan Hightower won't be joining her husband in the Alabama Legislature.
HELENA, Montana - The state's top three Democrats made it clear Tuesday they are backing John Lewis in the party's primary for U.S. House.
WASHINGTON - With the advent of 3-D printers capable of producing plastic weapons, the House voted Tuesday to renew a 25-year-old prohibition against firearms that can evade metal detectors and X-ray machines.
LANSING, Michigan - Former Michigan secretary of state candidate Jocelyn Benson won't run for Congress in a Republican-leaning suburban Detroit district.
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - The day he's sworn in to the state House, Jeramey Anderson of Moss Point will turn 22.
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - John Gary Faulkner has defeated Andre R. DeBerry to win the House District 5 seat on Tuesday.
MOSS POINT, Mississippi - Political newcomer Jeramey Anderson has been elected to the Mississippi House from District 110 in Jackson County.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - U.S. Rep. Bill Enyart says he's seeking a second term in his southern Illinois congressional seat.
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - An upcoming special election for state representative in western Kentucky is causing confusion partly due to legislative redistricting.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa House District 25 voters will be electing a new representative in January.
MIAMI - The chairman of the Republican Party of Florida on Monday called for U.S. Rep. Trey Radel to step down following his recent cocaine conviction.
TULSA, Oklahoma - A state representative from Jenks says he won't run for re-election to his south Tulsa-area seat and plans to instead run for the open Tulsa County district attorney post.
HELENA, Montana - The Republican field for the U.S. House race continues to grow.