- Welch skips race for governor, will seek return to Congress Updated: Jun-26-15 5:09 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Congressman Peter Welch announced Friday that he's passing up a possible campaign for governor in 2016 and will seek re-election to the U.S. House, opening the field for other Democratic candidates.
- Democratic Party chairman Johnson to run for Congress Updated: Jun-25-15 5:30 pm
LANSING, Michigan - State Democratic Party Chairman Lon Johnson will step down and run against Republican U.S. Rep. Dan Benishek in the 1st Congressional District, a competitive northern Michigan seat that Democrats hope to swing in their favor with increased Democratic turnout in the 2016 presidential election.
- Tea party-backed Turner not seeking Texas House re-election Updated: Jun-25-15 3:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The former NFL defensive end who led an unsuccessful tea party revolt against incumbent Texas House Speaker Joe Straus isn't seeking another term in office.
- Blackfeet man says he'll run for US House in 2016 Updated: Jun-23-15 6:54 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Blackfeet tribal member said Tuesday he is running for Montana's U.S. House seat as a Democrat in 2016.
- Democrat running unopposed in special election for House Updated: Jun-23-15 11:56 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Democratic candidate is running unopposed in a special election for a suburban House seat.
- High-profile Nevada Democrats being courted for Congress Updated: Jun-18-15 5:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The news that Rep. Joe Heck is considering a bid for Nevada's open senate seat has national groups courting several high-profile Nevada Democrats in an effort to recruit candidates for the Las Vegas Republican's congressional seat.
- McLean County wants Schock to pay $200,000 for election Updated: Jun-17-15 12:28 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Another Illinois county voted to ask former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock to pay for costs associated with electing his replacement in the 18th District.
- Colorado GOP chair: State attorney general wants him gone Updated: Jun-16-15 11:05 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Republican Party chairman on Tuesday accused state Attorney General Cynthia Coffman and former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo of trying to force him from his position and warning he may face a lawsuit and false allegations of infidelity if he refused to leave.
- Haslam issues election writ for House seat vacated by Haynes Updated: Jun-16-15 4:35 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam has issued a writ of election to fill the state House seat vacated by new Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Ryan Haynes.
- Rep. Sarbanes says he won't run for US Senate Updated: Jun-12-15 3:05 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Rep. John Sarbanes says he won't run for the U.S. Senate seat that will be open when Sen. Barbara Mikulski retires.
- Rokita to seek House re-election, pass on Senate campaign Updated: Jun-10-15 12:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita says he will run for re-election to his current office next year, foregoing a bid for the U.S. Senate seat being given up by the GOP's Dan Coats.
- Virginia voters picking candidates in primary election Updated: Jun-09-15 3:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Voting in underway in Virginia's primary elections, which may shape November's general election fight over control of the Senate and determine who leads the state House of Delegates.
- US Rep Young marries on his 82nd birthday Updated: Jun-09-15 2:55 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The longest-serving Republican in the U.S. House has remarried, tying the knot on his 82nd birthday.