- Kansas House approves variety of election changes Updated: May-21-15 8:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House approved a measure Thursday that would move local elections to the fall in odd-numbered years in a bid to boost turnout.
- Kansas House approves variety of election changes Updated: May-21-15 2:22 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has approved a measure that would move local elections to the fall in odd-numbered years.
- Illinois state senator declares bid for 8th District Updated: May-19-15 10:35 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state senator says he'll run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Kansas House delays vote on bill moving local elections Updated: May-14-15 10:04 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has postponed a vote on a measure that would move local elections to the fall of odd-numbered years.
- Cornish passes on bid to challenge Walz for Congress Updated: May-13-15 5:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The colorful Tony Cornish is passing on the chance to run for Congress.
- 1 Dem, 1 Republican headed to US House runoff in Mississippi Updated: May-13-15 5:00 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democrat Walter Zinn and Republican Trent Kelly will spend the next three weeks competing for support in a north Mississippi congressional race after emerging from a field of 13 candidates in a special election.
- State Sen. Banks joins Brown, Galloway in 3rd District field Updated: May-12-15 7:26 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Indiana state senator just back from a military deployment in Afghanistan formally announced his bid Tuesday to go to Washington, joining a 3rd District congressional field that includes one other state senator and one who formerly served in Wisconsin.
- Hagedorn wants 2016 congressional rematch against Walz Updated: May-12-15 11:24 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Blue Earth businessman Jim Hagedorn wants a 2016 rematch against the Democratic congressman who beat him last year.
- Special elections set for August for 2 Pa. House vacancies Updated: May-11-15 4:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Vacancies in state House districts in the Harrisburg suburbs and outside Chester will be filled during special elections scheduled for this summer.
- Recently deployed Indiana Sen. Banks running for US House Updated: May-11-15 1:09 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Republican state Sen. Jim Banks of Columbia City says he's running for the northeastern Indiana House seat that U.S. Rep. Marlin Stutzman is giving up.
- Rhode Island House OKs 3 bills to reform mail ballot process Updated: May-10-15 5:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives has passed three bills to reform the mail ballot process during state elections.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.
- The Latest: Markets happy at clear result; fear referendum Updated: May-08-15 4:29 am
LONDON - 9:25 a.m. (0825 GMT; 4:25 a.m. EDT)
- Prosecutor in Eric Garner chokehold case elected to Congress Updated: May-06-15 9:00 am
NEW YORK - A U.S. House seat in deeply Democratic New York City will remain under Republican control.
- Kansas House panel endorses election fraud measure Updated: May-04-15 5:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas' secretary of state would have the power to prosecute election fraud under a bill endorsed by a House panel.
- Special election in New York City for Grimm, Assembly seats Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Voters in Staten Island and certain sections of Brooklyn are getting another chance to make their political preferences known as a special election is held Tuesday to fill a vacancy in the state Assembly and another in Congress after a Republican's tax evasion conviction.
- As contributions fall, House GOP rebels blame party leaders Updated: Apr-25-15 8:27 am
WASHINGTON - As he began his first re-election run in early 2013, tea party Rep. Thomas Massie had no trouble raising money from business interests.
- ND kills resolution for ballot initiatives Updated: Apr-24-15 10:20 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Senate has killed a House proposal to put all ballot initiatives with a "major fiscal impact" on the general election ballot.
- Nevada Democrat Lucy Flores joins race for Congress Updated: Apr-22-15 8:11 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Democratic Assemblywoman and candidate for lieutenant governor Lucy Flores announced Wednesday that she's running for Congress.
- Constitutional proposal for team tickets fails in NC House Updated: Apr-22-15 6:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - There aren't enough state House votes to advance a proposal letting North Carolina voters decide if pairs of candidates for governor and lieutenant governor must run together in fall elections.