- Challengers show ability to compete for dollars Updated: Apr-16-14 6:30 pm
- Rep. Heck leads Bilbray in campaign contributions Updated: Apr-16-14 5:33 pm
- Congressional challengers raising campaign cash Updated: Apr-16-14 3:32 pm
- Self-funded Oklahoma legislator has most money Updated: Apr-16-14 12:02 pm
- A year after background check defeat, modest goals Updated: Apr-16-14 10:23 am
- Jenkins leads fundraising in Kansas 2nd District Updated: Apr-15-14 6:31 pm
- Love leads fundraising for 4th District race Updated: Apr-15-14 4:40 pm
- Alex Sink will not run for Congress again Updated: Apr-15-14 11:22 am
- Bachmann backs Emmer to succeed her in Congress Updated: Apr-15-14 10:20 am
- Young rival Dunbar raises nearly $17K in quarter Updated: Apr-14-14 5:37 pm
- Scott Fitzgerald won't run for open US House seat Updated: Apr-14-14 4:30 pm
- Facing tough challenge, Peterson has $523K banked Updated: Apr-14-14 11:55 am
- Tarpley running for McAllister's US House seat Updated: Apr-13-14 7:13 pm
- Calif. Democrats walk middle path in health debate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:46 am
- Congressional primary races fill up for open seats Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- Bachmann says she is 'going to different perch' Updated: Apr-12-14 12:31 am
- Okla. political hopefuls wrap up candidate filing Updated: Apr-11-14 7:35 pm
- Field for Okla.'s 5th District seat keeps growing Updated: Apr-11-14 7:17 pm
- Debbie Dingell raises $500,000 for House race Updated: Apr-11-14 3:35 pm
- La. congressman rebuffs calls for his resignation Updated: Apr-11-14 3:46 am
- House passes Ryan budget with big cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Byrum not running for Rogers' seat in Congress Updated: Apr-08-14 2:41 pm
- Mo. state Democratic lawmaker charged with 2 DWIs Updated: Apr-07-14 5:51 pm
- Candidates to file for 2014 Oklahoma elections Updated: Apr-06-14 1:35 pm
- Dems hope Corbett's woes a boost in US House races Updated: Apr-06-14 11:32 am
WASHINGTON - Some of the challengers in California's most competitive congressional races are showing strong fundraising for the first three months of the year, reinforcing how much an independent redistricting process has changed the political landscape and turned a handful of congressional seats into battlegrounds between the two parties.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rep. Joe Heck was leading Democratic challenger Erin Bilbray by a 3-1 margin in campaign cash in the race for Nevada's 3rd Congressional District, a seat coveted by Democrats in the fall election.
BOSTON - Two challengers hoping to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. John Tierney have been raising hefty sums of money during the first three months of the year as they look ahead to the fall elections, but the incumbent still had the most cash.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A 27-year-old first-term Republican state representative from Oklahoma City who put $500,000 of his own money into his campaign has amassed the biggest war chest in the race to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford in the 5th Congressional District, federal campaign finance reports show.
WASHINGTON - Democratic worries about this November's elections, a lack of Senate votes and House opposition are forcing congressional gun-control supporters to significantly winnow their 2014 agenda, a year after lawmakers scuttled President Barack Obama's effort to pass new curbs on firearms.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins continues to enjoy a sizable fundraising advantage over the Democrat challenging her re-election in the 2nd District of eastern Kansas.
SALT LAKE CITY - When it comes to raising campaign cash, Republican Mia Love continues outpace her opponents in her bid to win the seat held by outgoing Democratic Congressman Jim Matheson.
MIAMI - Alex Sink will not run for Congress again this year.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann is formally backing GOP candidate Tom Emmer to succeed her in Congress as an expected primary awaits that Minnesota race.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Democratic U.S. House hopeful Forrest Dunbar has reported raising nearly $17,000 during the first quarter of this year.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says he won't run for the congressional seat vacated by longtime Wisconsin Congressman Tom Petri (PEE'-treye).
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Democratic Rep. Collin Peterson has raised more money in the past three months than he did in at this stage in his previous campaign. But he has less in the bank compared with the same time in 2012.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Former Grant parish District Attorney Ed Tarpley says he's running for the U.S. House seat currently held by Republican Vance McAllister of Swartz.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Rep. Ami Bera has been making a habit lately of bucking his own president and voting with the Republican majority in the House as it moves to amend or overturn parts of the national health care law.
LANSING, Michigan - Four Michigan lawmakers are exiting the U.S. House in January, leaving their congressional seats with wide open races after years of stability.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Retiring U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann says she isn't going away, she's "just going to a different perch."
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's two U.S. Senate seats on the ballot in 2014 continued to draw a stream of political hopefuls on the final day of candidate filing Friday, including two-term Republican U.S. Rep. James Lankford of Edmond.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Two more people have joined a crowded field for Oklahoma's 5th District seat, the only open congressional seat on the 2014 ballot.
LANSING, Michigan - Debbie Dingell has raised more than $500,000 in a little more than a month of campaigning for her husband's 12th Congressional District seat.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana Rep. Vance McAllister stayed out of sight as calls grew louder from Republicans back home demanding the GOP congressman's resignation after he was caught on video kissing the wife of a friend.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans rallied behind a slashing budget blueprint on Thursday, passing a non-binding but politically imposing measure that promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years with sweeping budget cuts and termination of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum says she won't run for Michigan's 8th District U.S. House seat to replace Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A southeastern Missouri lawmaker is facing two charges of driving while intoxicated stemming from separate arrests in the capital city, according to court documents released Monday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Elections for both of Oklahoma's U.S. Senate seats, the open 5th Congressional District seat and statewide seats including governor and lieutenant governor will highlight a busy 2014 political season that formally kicks off Wednesday when candidates begin arriving at the State Capitol to file paperwork and pay fees to have their names placed on the ballot.
WASHINGTON - With a congressional map tilted against them, Pennsylvania Democrats are hoping that GOP Gov. Tom Corbett's continuing unpopularity may help them flip one or two House seats in their favor.