- Democrats' US Senate race heats up over natural gas industry Updated: Feb-13-16 11:08 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate Democratic primary, where there are few differences over issues, jousting over natural gas drilling is providing an opening.
- Angle mulls US Senate bid; testing waters for money, support Updated: Feb-12-16 7:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada conservative Sharron Angle says she's trying to determine if she could raise enough money to run for the U.S. Senate again, a move that could throw a wrench in Republicans' hopes to claim Democratic Sen. Harry Reid's soon-to-be-vacant seat.
- Ex-US Senate candidate Chavez endorses former rival Updated: Feb-12-16 7:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Four days after withdrawing from California's U.S. Senate race, state Assemblyman Rocky Chavez has endorsed another Republican for the job.
- Sen. Harry Reid calls on Grayson to drop out of Senate race Updated: Feb-12-16 5:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid on Friday called for U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson to drop out of the race for a Senate seat in Florida, but Grayson angrily denounced the move and said he has no plans to follow Reid's suggestion.
- Young fires back at rivals over ballot challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 4:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican U.S. Rep. Todd Young has struck back at political foes in both parties who allege he failed to meet Indiana's ballot requirements in his bid for U.S. Senate.
- The Latest: Grayson refuses call to drop out of Senate race Updated: Feb-12-16 2:15 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Latest on Sen. Harry Reid calling on Alan Grayson to drop of U.S. Senate race (all times local):
- Tea party favorite bets Cruz, Trump coattails can beat Burr Updated: Feb-12-16 12:55 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Two years after his loss to a Republican favored by party leaders in Washington, Greg Brannon is betting the popularity of outsiders like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump can sweep him to a U.S. Senate primary upset win.
- GOP Senate hopefuls optimistic ahead of Colorado caucuses Updated: Feb-11-16 10:39 pm
DENVER - A crowded slate of Colorado Republicans launched their effort to defeat Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet with a surprising tone of optimism in their first and last forum before meeting voters.
- GOP stunned Senate hopeful may be short of ballot signatures Updated: Feb-11-16 3:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two of Indiana's top GOP lawmakers said Thursday that they were surprised to learn Congressman Todd Young may have failed to meet a state ballot requirement in his U.S. Senate campaign, with the Republican leader of the state Senate saying it may be "one of the most colossal mistakes I've ever seen."
- Ex-Ohio Gov. Celeste backs unendorsed underdog for US Senate Updated: Feb-11-16 1:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Ohio Gov. Richard Celeste handed his endorsement on Thursday to the underdog in the Democratic race for U.S. Senate, candidate P.G. Sittenfeld.
- Wisconsin's Feingold avoiding Democratic presidential pick Updated: Feb-10-16 4:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? The question is much more than a ballot choice for Democrat Russ Feingold, whose hopes of reclaiming the Senate seat he held for 18 years rests with Wisconsin voters heavily invested in the presidential nomination fight.
- 3 running for vacant seat in Mississippi Senate Updated: Feb-09-16 6:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Three candidates are running for a Mississippi Senate seat in parts of Hinds and Madison counties.
- Wealthy homebuilder likely to enter Florida GOP Senate race Updated: Feb-08-16 7:59 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A wealthy Manatee County homebuilder is likely to jump into Florida's U.S. Senate race in a move that would pit key members of Gov. Rick Scott's political team against Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera in the Republican primary.
- Ex-Indiana GOP chairman Holcomb drop US Senate campaign Updated: Feb-08-16 6:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Republican Party chairman Eric Holcomb abruptly dropped out of the state's U.S. Senate race Monday, giving some breathing room to the other two candidates in the crowded GOP primary field while hinting he may have something else to announce soon.
- Democrats vying for US Senate talk up experience, background Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - Meeting for the first time this election season, the three Illinois Democrats vying for U.S. Senate worked to distinguish themselves from each other and their GOP rivals Monday, sharing stories of difficult childhoods, business backgrounds and time in the trenches of struggling Chicago neighborhoods.
- Senate Democrats back candidate for GOP-held seat in Vegas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic leaders in the Nevada Senate are endorsing an attorney to run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Scott Hammond.
- Oregon businessman announces bid for US Senate seat Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 pm
BEND, Oregon - An Oregon businessman is looking to take U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden's job.
- North Carolina elections take shape with fundraising numbers Updated: Feb-04-16 6:24 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's March 15 primary and the November general election are taking shape as candidates and party committees disclosed financial reports over the past week as state and federal filing deadlines came and went.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- In 2nd state of state, Hassan says drug abuse fight not over Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With her Statehouse term winding down and her U.S. Senate campaign beginning, Gov. Maggie Hassan used her final State of the State address Thursday to argue that fighting the opioid crisis, reauthorizing Medicaid expansion and investing in workforce development are equally important to New Hampshire's economic success.
- Rand Paul runs for president, has to settle for a caucus Updated: Feb-04-16 5:27 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Rand Paul ran for president, and all he got was a caucus.
- Harris pads fundraising edge in California Senate race Updated: Feb-03-16 9:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is gradually padding her fundraising edge in the state's U.S. Senate race.
- Elections committee backs bill limiting local photo IDs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Senate elections committee backed a bill Wednesday that would hinder efforts in Milwaukee to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally.
- Nevada's Senate hopefuls raise similar amounts last quarter Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The contenders for Harry Reid's seat in the U.S. Senate said they raised similar amounts in the last three months of 2015, although the Republican candidate has more in the bank.
- Special election called after Maine senator resigns Updated: Feb-02-16 4:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A special election will be held March 29 to fill the seat vacated by Sen. David Dutremble.