- Political world waits on theater shooting DA's decision Updated: Sep-04-15 5:40 pm
DENVER - Colorado's political world is waiting on George Brauchler.
- Senate hopeful Cortez Masto announces support for Iran deal Updated: Sep-03-15 8:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto has come out in favor of the nuclear agreement with Iran.
- New Orleans state senator not running for re-election Updated: Sep-03-15 2:46 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A New Orleans state senator is the latest lawmaker to announce he won't seek re-election this fall.
- Landry picks up GatorPAC backing in attorney general's race Updated: Sep-02-15 4:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former U.S. Senate candidate Rob Maness says his super PAC is supporting Jeff Landry in the Louisiana attorney general's race.
- Connecticut's 2016 Senate race a quieter contest than past Updated: Aug-31-15 4:20 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A one-time Olympian and political newcomer is the only Republican candidate so far to officially jump into Connecticut's 2016 Senate race, foreshadowing what could be a much different election from a recent string of highly contentious contests that attracted big money and national attention.
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- President Obama lands in Vegas for energy summit, fundraiser Updated: Aug-24-15 9:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama is visiting the home of Las Vegas Sun publisher Brian Greenspun for a Democratic party fundraiser following remarks at the National Clean Energy Summit.
- Eldridge says he's looking at US Senate race in Arkansas Updated: Aug-24-15 5:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former federal prosecutor Conner Eldridge said Monday he's considering challenging Republican U.S. Sen. John Boozman in Arkansas next year and plans to make a decision in the coming weeks.
- Kentucky GOP OKs caucus; allows Rand Paul to seek 2 offices Updated: Aug-22-15 4:56 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Republican Party has agreed to hold a presidential caucus for Rand Paul - but only if he shows them the money.
- Paul, Bevin campaigns converge in central Kentucky Updated: Aug-21-15 8:27 pm
SOMERSET, Kentucky - Rand Paul and Matt Bevin were both little known businessmen with big political ambitions who decided to take on U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
- Democrats pledge to stand united in face of Rauner 'attacks' Updated: Aug-20-15 5:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Democrats, set back on their heels by an "epic struggle" with first-year Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner, pledged Thursday to stand shoulder-to-shoulder in opposition while a potentially bruising primary for a U.S. Senate race took shape.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Poll shows tightening of Feingold, Johnson US Senate race Updated: Aug-20-15 1:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new poll shows a tightening in the race for U.S. Senate between former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold and Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Koch group jumps into Senate fight with anti-Strickland ad Updated: Aug-18-15 3:27 am
WASHINGTON - Americans for Prosperity, one of the biggest outside groups backed by billionaire conservative donors Charles and David Koch, this week begins a $1.4 million television advertising campaign against former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland, now a leading Democratic candidate for Senate.
- Clarification: Ohio US Senate candidates story Updated: Aug-17-15 4:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story Aug. 16, The Associated Press summarized a critic of Ted Strickland as saying the former Ohio governor made his money in lobbying. The story should have made clear that Strickland oversaw the lobbying arm of the Center for American Progress but that he was not himself a lobbyist.
- Former head of The Arc of Indiana, running for Senate Updated: Aug-15-15 5:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A political newcomer who has spent his career advocating for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities announced Saturday he is running for the Democratic nomination to replace retiring Republican U.S. Sen. Dan Coats.
- GOP senator from Stillwater won't seek re-election Updated: Aug-12-15 6:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Republican state senator from Stillwater says he won't seek a third term in office next year.
- Heck plans to extend 'aggressive' Hispanic outreach effort Updated: Aug-12-15 4:32 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rep. Joe Heck says his team has a great relationship with the Latino community in his district and plans to replicate their "aggressive" outreach efforts on a statewide scale for his Senate campaign.
- Sen. Kirk's campaign defends putting caregiver on payroll Updated: Aug-12-15 3:54 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk's campaign manager said Wednesday the Illinois Republican did things "by the book" when he gave a campaign job to a personal caregiver hired to assist him following a 2012 stroke.
- Oklahoma governor sets special election to replace senator Updated: Aug-11-15 7:43 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has called a special election to replace Republican state Sen. Rick Brinkley, who has announced he will resign at the end of the year.
- Ex-candidate Wolf declining to release Kansas board's letter Updated: Aug-11-15 5:06 am
WAMEGO, Kansas - Former U.S. Senate candidate Dr. Milton Wolf says he won't publicly release a letter from Kansas' medical board closing an investigation over his past Facebook postings of X-ray images.
- Obama to co-host fundraiser for Senate hopeful Cortez Masto Updated: Aug-06-15 1:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama is co-hosting a fundraiser in Las Vegas for Democratic Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto.