- Fancy Farm looks to sports talk radio host as its 2015 emcee Updated: Jul-31-15 1:55 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - If the goal of last year's Fancy Farm picnic was to tone down the crowd, this year's version promises to turn up the volume.
- South Carolina senator backs Mark Kirk's re-election bid Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
CHICAGO - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham brought his Republican presidential campaign to Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, where he voiced his support of Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's bid for re-election.
- GOP leaders rally around Kirk after fundraiser's criticism Updated: Jul-29-15 10:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Republicans rallied around first-term U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Wednesday after a top fundraiser briefly suggested that the moderate elected to Barack Obama's former seat should abandon his re-election bid due to a recent series of public gaffes.
- Key senators seek briefing on US human trafficking report Updated: Jul-29-15 11:15 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Foreign Relations Committee leaders are questioning the State Department's decision to take Malaysia and Cuba off a U.S. blacklist of countries that have failed to combat modern-day slavery.
- Florida congressional delegation will see upheaval in 2016 Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential ambitions and a court ruling tossing out several congressional district maps will cause upheaval among Florida's representation in Washington, including political complications for a congresswoman considered one of the state's few Democratic stars.
- State of the Race: The campaign for Pennsylvania's US seat Updated: Jul-26-15 10:49 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats can expect to decide a primary contest in nine months to see who will challenge U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican who is seeking his second six-year term in the 2016 election. The seat is expected to be crucial to determining control of the U.S. Senate, and Democrats hope their four-to-three registration advantage in Pennsylvania and heightened voter interest in the presidential election will deliver a victory to their eventual nominee. Here is a look at the race and the candidates:
- Justices clear way for 2 Dem senators to run in 1 district Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way for two incumbent state senators in northern Mississippi to compete against each other in the Aug. 4 Democratic primary.
- Democrats' old, new guard clash over US Senate race in Ohio Updated: Jul-23-15 9:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former and current chairmen are clashing over the Ohio Democratic Party's treatment of a young challenger who has refused to drop out of the 2016 race for a U.S. Senate seat also sought by former Gov. Ted Strickland.
- Howard enters race for Maryland's 6th Congressional District Updated: Jul-23-15 2:26 pm
LAYTONSVILLE, Maryland - A former Republican candidate for Maryland's state Senate has announced his candidacy for the state's 6th Congressional District.
- Official: Pennsylvania governor's aide preparing Senate bid Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The top aide to Pennsylvania's governor resigned Wednesday in preparation to run for U.S. Senate in 2016 in a state seen by Democrats as key to helping them regain the chamber's majority.
- Ex-US Senate hopeful pleads guilty to election law charges Updated: Jul-22-15 5:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Clayton Walker pleaded guilty to election law violations Wednesday, two days after his trial on multiple felony charges began in Pierre.
- Rep. Jolly running for Senate; ex-Gov. Crist eyes his seat Updated: Jul-20-15 6:31 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida Congressman David Jolly announced Monday that he's running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Marco Rubio, who is running for president, and former Gov. Charlie Crist said he's eyeing Jolly's seat.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- Robertson stepping down as Kentucky GOP executive director Updated: Jul-16-15 1:18 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Party of Kentucky will have new leadership four months ahead of a pivotal election for governor.
- Former US Senate candidate indicted for failure to show Updated: Jul-16-15 11:38 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A grand jury in Hughes County has formally indicted former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Clayton Walker for failing to appear at a hearing.
- California Senate candidate Sanchez trails rival on funds Updated: Jul-15-15 8:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Rep. Loretta Sanchez raised $618,000 in her first six weeks as a U.S. Senate candidate, according to figures released Wednesday, well short of the pace she will need to keep up with fundraising by her chief rival, Attorney General Kamala Harris.
- Murkowski raises nearly $1.1 million in latest quarter Updated: Jul-15-15 6:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski brought in nearly $1.1 million toward her re-election bid in the latest quarter.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- GOP legislator challenging McCain for Senate nomination Updated: Jul-14-15 7:38 pm
PHOENIX - Sen. John McCain now has an official primary challenger in Arizona state Sen. Kelli Ward, a tea party favorite who announced Tuesday she's formally taking on the task of trying to knock off the five-term Republican lawmaker next year.
- Reid brother pleads no contest to 2 misdemeanors in DUI case Updated: Jul-14-15 5:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - U.S. Sen. Harry Reid's brother pleaded no contest Tuesday to misdemeanor driving under the influence and resisting arrest to close a case stemming from an arrest five months ago.
- Sen. Blunt touts $3.8M for 2016 re-election campaign Updated: Jul-14-15 5:17 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says he has more than $3.8 million on hand for a 2016 re-election campaign. That's more than three times as much as his Democratic challenger, Secretary of State Jason Kander.
- Kander has $1.1M to challenge Blunt for US Senate seat Updated: Jul-14-15 12:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander says he has more than $1 million to spend on a campaign for U.S. Senate.
- Bennet has more than $4M for Senate re-election campaign Updated: Jul-13-15 4:46 pm
DENVER - The campaign for Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet says it raised more than $2 million during the most recent fundraising quarter that ended June 30.
- Kamala Harris has more than $3 million for Senate race Updated: Jul-13-15 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate campaign of Democratic candidate Kamala Harris says it raised more than $1.6 million during the most recent fundraising quarter that ended June 30.
- Election scheduled to fill Brockton Senate seat Updated: Jul-13-15 12:09 pm
BOSTON - A special election has been scheduled to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the death of Brockton Democrat Thomas Kennedy.