- Wisconsin Senate adjusts election recount costs Updated: May-06-15 1:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate has passed a bill adjusting election recount fees.
- Correction: Senate-Walker story Updated: May-06-15 9:59 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - In a story May 5 about the scheduling of a trial for a former Senate candidate from South Dakota, The Associated Press erroneously referred to 6th Judicial Circuit Court Judge John Brown as the court's magistrate judge. Brown is its presiding judge.
- US Senate candidate proposes to girlfriend, she says yes Updated: May-06-15 3:04 am
CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati councilman running for U.S. Senate is getting hitched.
- Republican Congressman DeSantis to run for Rubio Senate seat Updated: May-05-15 5:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis will announce Wednesday that he's running for the Senate seat Marco Rubio is giving up to seek the GOP presidential nomination.
- Governor sets special election to replace outgoing senator Updated: May-05-15 5:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled a special election in July to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow.
- Democratic committee endorses Murphy for Rubio Senate seat Updated: May-04-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic Senate campaign committee endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy on Monday as its candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio of Florida, who is running for president. The endorsement comes even as another Democratic congressman, Alan Grayson, is eyeing the same seat.
- Portman faces balancing act on trade as he seeks re-election Updated: May-02-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio is maneuvering with care as he runs for re-election in a swing state while cautiously supporting a free-trade deal that even some fellow Republicans fear could lead to job losses back home.
- Rep. Titus says she's in no hurry to decide about Senate bid Updated: Apr-30-15 5:30 pm
- Tester, Daines seek approval of Blackfeet water agreement Updated: Apr-29-15 6:30 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sens. Jon Tester and Steve Daines are asking Congress to approve a water rights settlement with the Blackfeet tribe that's been in the works for more than three decades.
- Senate Ethics Committee fines House member $6K Updated: Apr-28-15 7:03 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Senate Ethics Committee has publicly reprimanded the chairman of the Legislative Black Caucus and fined him $6,000.
- Bill to close NY campaign finance loophole clears committee Updated: Apr-27-15 5:44 pm
ALBANY, New York - The New York Senate Elections Committee advanced legislation Monday to close the campaign finance loophole for limited liability companies, but the bill's Democratic sponsor said it's still unclear whether the chamber's Republican majority is trying to quietly shelve it.
- Portman uses Ohio job losses in Web ad against Strickland Updated: Apr-27-15 2:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman is reaching back to a familiar topic in his likely 2016 faceoff with Ohio's former governor: jobs.
- Former GOP chairman enters US Senate race in California Updated: Apr-26-15 3:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tom Del Beccaro, a former chairman of the California Republican Party, announced Sunday that he's undertaking a longshot bid to succeed Barbara Boxer as California's next U.S. senator.
- Top Romney adviser courts challenger to US Sen. Mike Lee Updated: Apr-25-15 8:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Spencer Zwick, who remains one of Mitt Romney's closest advisers after leading his massive fundraising operation in the 2012 presidential race, is courting a challenger to U.S. Sen. Mike Lee of Utah.
- Rep. Joe Heck says he's exploring a possible Senate bid Updated: Apr-23-15 8:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Republican Congressman Joe Heck says he's talking with people about the possibility of running for the Senate in 2016.
- GOP Rep. Brooks decides against US Senate campaign Updated: Apr-20-15 12:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Another member of Indiana's congressional delegation is taking a pass on running for the U.S. Senate seat that Republican Dan Coats is giving up.
- West Virginia's Joe Manchin says he'll run again for Senate Updated: Apr-19-15 1:24 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said on Sunday that he will run for re-election in 2018 rather than make a return bid for governor next year, saying he believes he can have the greatest impact by staying in Washington.
- Christine O'Donnell responds to FEC complaint Updated: Apr-17-15 8:29 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Former U.S. Senate candidate and tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell is fighting back against Federal Election Commission allegations that she illegally used at least $20,000 in campaign contributions to pay rent and utility bills at a Delaware town house.
- Democrats eye Senate primary before taking on Toomey in 2016 Updated: Apr-17-15 6:54 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's Democratic Party received its surest sign yet Friday that it will have a contested primary in next year's U.S. Senate race, and that's even before the general election contest against the potentially formidable incumbent, Republican Sen. Pat Toomey.
- US Sen. Martin Heinrich apologizes for travel expenses Updated: Apr-17-15 2:10 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich has repaid the federal government for reimbursements he received over a two-year period for personal taxi and ride-booking costs.
- Murkowski reports raising about $690K during first quarter Updated: Apr-16-15 1:06 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski has reported raising about $690,000 toward her re-election during the first quarter of this year.
- Thune has $10.4 million in bank for likely 2016 Senate bid Updated: Apr-15-15 4:26 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. John Thune has nearly $10.4 million in the bank for his likely bid for a third Senate term in 2016.
- Citizens United launches Utah ads supporting Sen. Mike Lee Updated: Apr-14-15 5:18 pm
- Attorney general election proposal passes Tennessee Senate Updated: Apr-14-15 12:44 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposed constitutional amendment calling for the popular election of Tennessee's attorney general overwhelmingly passed the Senate on Tuesday despite arguments that the current system doesn't need to be changed.
- Ohio justice says fellow Democrats made bad Senate race pick Updated: Apr-13-15 6:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The lone Democrat elected to top statewide office in Ohio is slamming his party for its weekend endorsement of former Gov. Ted Strickland in the race for U.S. Senate.