- Judge issues warrant for former US Senate candidate's arrest Updated: Jul-02-15 7:09 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A judge has issued a warrant for the arrest of a former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate charged with election law violations because the Black Hawk man failed to appear in court this week.
- Former GOP US Senate candidate Annette Bosworth avoids jail Updated: Jul-01-15 6:26 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth will not have to serve immediate jail time for elections violations provided she meets the conditions of three years of probation, according to a sentence handed down by a circuit court judge on Wednesday.
- Feingold reports $2.2M raised since Senate campaign launch Updated: Jul-01-15 11:31 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former Sen. Russ Feingold says he raised more than $2.2 million in the second quarter as he seeks a return to the Senate.
- Political opposition groups gain money for 2016 race Updated: Jun-29-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - It was the perfect loop: The Republican opposition research group America Rising finds footage of Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley in agriculture-loving Iowa, seeming to put down the intelligence of farmers. That footage becomes part of a 30-second TV ad, by the super PAC American Crossroads, boosting the Republican candidate, Joni Ernst.
- Ex-Senate candidate charged after not talking at sex therapy Updated: Jun-29-15 2:01 pm
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - A former state Senate candidate who was sentenced to a year of probation for unlawful sexual contact has been charged with violating probation by not speaking candidly about his past.
- Democratic state lawmaker won't make Indiana's US Senate bid Updated: Jun-29-15 1:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A state lawmaker considered a possible Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate next year has decided against entering the race.
- For Obama and Clinton, twisty paths to 'yes' on gay marriage Updated: Jun-27-15 3:05 am
WASHINGTON - When President Barack Obama praised the Supreme Court's watershed same-sex marriage ruling, he held it up as evidence that a "shift in hearts and minds is possible."
- State Rep. Kapenga wins Wisconsin GOP Senate primary Updated: Jun-24-15 12:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - State Rep. Chris Kapenga of Delafield is headed to a general election to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow, who is leaving his seat to work as Waukesha County executive.
- Hagan to pass on bid for Senate seat in North Carolina Updated: Jun-23-15 11:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan of North Carolina will pass on running for Senate again next year against incumbent Republican Richard Burr, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night.
- Senate opponents locked in residency dispute Updated: Jun-23-15 4:09 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A residency fight in Senate District 10 appears headed to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- FEC sues Utah businessman over donations to 2 US senators Updated: Jun-20-15 7:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Federal Election Commission is suing a Utah businessman, saying he made $170,000 in illegal campaign contributions to U.S. Sens. Harry Reid of Nevada and Mike Lee of Utah and former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff in 2009 and 2010.
- Western Illinois state senator won't seek re-election Updated: Jun-19-15 9:42 am
QUINCY, Illinois - Illinois state Sen. John Sullivan says he won't seek re-election.
- GOP Las Vegas councilman Bob Beers drops bid for US Senate Updated: Jun-16-15 3:09 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Las Vegas City Councilman Bob Beers says he's dropping his long-shot bid for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid.
- Feingold, Republicans spar over spending by PAC Updated: Jun-15-15 12:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans pounced on reports Monday that the political action committee founded by former Democratic U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold spent only 5 percent of its income on federal candidates and political parties. Feingold, who is running to return to the Senate, defended the group's work and labeled GOP criticism as the first attack of the 2016 race.
- Ex-Senate candidate Grant runs for NC insurance commissioner Updated: Jun-12-15 8:23 pm
WILKESBORO, North Carolina - An unsuccessful U.S. Senate candidate in 2014 says she'll run for North Carolina insurance commissioner in 2016.
- DeMaio accuser pleads guilty over threatening email Updated: Jun-12-15 8:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - A disgruntled aide to former congressional candidate Carl DeMaio pleaded guilty Friday to obstruction of justice for lying to federal investigators about a threatening email he wrote but said might have come from DeMaio, part of an effort to sabotage the campaign last year.
- Feingold proposes third-party money pledge in Wisconsin race Updated: Jun-12-15 1:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Russ Feingold, one of the most outspoken critics of political spending by corporations and outside groups, challenged Republican Sen. Ron Johnson on Friday to agree to keep third-party money out of their U.S. Senate race in Wisconsin.
- Leaders in both parties claim victories after Va. primaries Updated: Jun-10-15 3:45 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Leaders in both Republican and Democratic parties got what they wanted out of Virginia's primary elections and said they are now well positioned for the November general election.
- Rokita to seek House re-election, pass on Senate campaign Updated: Jun-10-15 12:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita says he will run for re-election to his current office next year, foregoing a bid for the U.S. Senate seat being given up by the GOP's Dan Coats.
- A look at Nevada's potential US Senate candidates Updated: Jun-09-15 8:13 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - After Nevada Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval announced Tuesday that he wouldn't seek the Senate seat soon to be vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid, the race is starting to come into sharper focus.
- Nevada Lt. Gov. Hutchison won't run for Reid's Senate seat Updated: Jun-09-15 5:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison is ruling himself out of the race for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid.
- Nigeria's legislature to be led by presidential opponents Updated: Jun-09-15 2:06 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Candidates for Nigeria's main opposition party were elected Tuesday to head both houses of the legislature in votes highlighting the cracks in the coalition that brought President Muhammadu Buhari to power just last month.
- New Iowa group to push campaign finance reform Updated: Jun-09-15 10:14 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A new bipartisan group in Iowa is pushing for campaign finance reform in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election.
- Green Party candidate in Ohio pursuing 2016 Senate bid Updated: Jun-09-15 10:13 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Green Party candidate in Ohio is pursuing a bid for U.S. Senate in 2016.
- Nevada's GOP governor won't run for Harry Reid's Senate seat Updated: Jun-09-15 9:17 am