- Candidates similar on issues in NC Senate debate Updated: Apr-23-14 10:40 pm
- APNewsBreak: Grimes wants Keystone pipeline OK'd Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 pm
- Conservative group drops image of Obama from ad Updated: Apr-23-14 6:06 pm
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 4:34 pm
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform Updated: Apr-22-14 7:41 pm
- Cotton defends vote against farm bill Updated: Apr-22-14 6:06 pm
- Rounds has clear cash edge heading toward primary Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 pm
- 4 NC GOP Senate hopefuls meet on stage for debate Updated: Apr-22-14 4:04 am
- Ex-Rep. Roger Roth declares Wisconsin Senate run Updated: Apr-21-14 6:25 pm
- New Democratic contender in key Senate race Updated: Apr-21-14 5:04 pm
- Peters submits signatures to run for US Senate Updated: Apr-21-14 3:15 pm
- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously Updated: Apr-20-14 1:27 pm
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves Updated: Apr-19-14 5:12 pm
- Sullivan opens field office in Fairbanks Updated: Apr-19-14 4:41 pm
- Ky. speaker: Hacker tweeted anti-McConnell remarks Updated: Apr-18-14 5:26 pm
- Baucus casts wide shadow over Montana Senate race Updated: Apr-18-14 5:08 pm
- Sullivan brings in $1.4M in first quarter Updated: Apr-17-14 10:42 pm
- US Chamber endorses Kingston in Ga. Senate race Updated: Apr-17-14 5:36 pm
- Iowa Senate race suddenly more competitive Updated: Apr-17-14 4:30 pm
- Senate candidate Ravnsborg raises $3,100 during 1Q Updated: Apr-17-14 1:02 pm
- SD Democrat Weiland raises $204K during 1Q of 2014 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:19 pm
- Father of US Senate candidate Harris dies at 89 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 pm
- McFadden takes aim at Franken in hockey TV ad Updated: Apr-16-14 9:30 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The four leading candidates in North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate primary differed little from each other on issues important to the conservative base Wednesday night during their second televised debate in as many days.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergran Grimes called Wednesday on President Barack Obama to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline, joining 11 other incumbent Democrats as the party tries to keep control of the Senate this November.
WASHINGTON - Parents whose children were killed in a Colorado theater shooting on Wednesday demanded a conservative group stop running ads featuring an image of Democratic Sen. Mark Udall visiting a hospital where other victims were recovering.
WASHINGTON - The fight for the Senate majority boils down to boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian - if party operatives' spin is to be believed.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.
CHICAGO - Some of Illinois' highest-profile Republicans voiced support Tuesday for an immigration overhaul that's stalled in the U.S. House as a "morally right" and business-minded decision, an election-year move they hoped would help break the stalemate.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Senate hopeful and U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton defended his vote against the Farm Bill as he addressed the state's largest agricultural advocacy group on Tuesday, while U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor accused his rival of turning a "deaf ear" on Arkansas farmers.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Gov. Mike Rounds has the clear edge in campaign cash heading toward the June Republican primary for the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Tim Johnson.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - Four of the eight Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate in North Carolina are meeting on the same stage for a live debate two weeks before the May 6 primary.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former state Rep. Roger Roth says he is running for the state Senate seat now held by retiring Senate President Mike Ellis.
OLYMPIA, Washington - There's a new Democratic candidate in the race for the seat being vacated by Senate Majority Leader Rodney Tom.
LANSING, Michigan - Democrat Gary Peters has turned in more than 26,000 signatures to run for U.S. Senate in Michigan.
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate nearly two decades ago.
GROVETOWN, Georgia - Georgia's top Republican Senate hopefuls are scrambling to prove who'd be the most conservative opponent to take on Democratic favorite Michelle Nunn in a race that will help determine which party controls the Senate for the final two years of President Barack Obama's term.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan has opened a campaign field office in Fairbanks.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's House speaker says someone hacked into his Twitter account to post inflammatory comments about U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
HELENA, Montana - Max Baucus' decision not to seek re-election to the Senate after 35 years opened the door for Republicans to pick up one of the six Democratic seats they need to recapture control of the Senate. But his early resignation after being named U.S. ambassador to China may have bolstered Democratic prospects of retaining the seat they've held for a century, thanks to the value of incumbency.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Dan Sullivan raised more money during the first quarter than he previously reported.
ATLANTA - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has endorsed Rep. Jack Kingston in Georgia's crowded Republican Senate primary.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A catchy political ad and a gotcha video have raised Republican hopes of capturing a U.S. Senate seat in Iowa, enhancing the party's chances of regaining control of the chamber.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Yankton attorney and soldier Jason Ravnsborg (ROUNDS'-berg) has raised slightly more than $3,100 during the first three months of 2014 for his campaign for U.S. Senate.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Rick Weiland has raised nearly $204,000 during the first three months of 2014 for his campaign to win the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Tim Johnson.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - The father of North Carolina U.S. Senate candidate Mark Harris has died.
MINNEAPOLIS - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Mike McFadden is taking aim at Democratic incumbent Al Franken in a hockey-themed cable television ad.