- GOP governor candidate Astorino continues NY tour Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 am
- Libertarians await word on making Ohio's ballot Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
- GOP candidate: Brown oversaw middle-class downfall Updated: Mar-06-14 8:40 pm
- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- Utah top House Democrat won't seek re-election Updated: Mar-06-14 6:05 pm
- Astorino makes first campaign stop in western NY Updated: Mar-06-14 5:23 pm
- Ohio county leader submits absentee-ballot plan Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-06-14 1:51 pm
- GOP pushes bill to limit party switching to vote Updated: Mar-06-14 12:56 pm
- Natchitoches minister to make run for governor Updated: Mar-06-14 4:09 am
- Dillard: GOP early voting isn't always beneficial Updated: Mar-05-14 9:16 pm
- Dillard defends union backing in GOP gov's debate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- Lawmaker seeks apology for Obama-Hitler comparison Updated: Mar-05-14 8:30 pm
- GOP gov candidates argue over pension reform Updated: Mar-05-14 8:01 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Utah Legislature approves Count My Vote deal Updated: Mar-05-14 6:44 pm
- Lt. Gov. Dewhurst fights for survival in GOP race Updated: Mar-05-14 6:28 pm
- Davis not discouraged by Democratic voter turnout Updated: Mar-05-14 6:21 pm
- Company gives info in Democrat's race for Pa. gov. Updated: Mar-05-14 6:05 pm
- York endorses Raimondo in RI governor's race Updated: Mar-05-14 5:33 pm
- Mallott campaign seeks fundraising guidance Updated: Mar-05-14 5:00 pm
- RI bill seeks to change way lt. gov is elected Updated: Mar-05-14 11:19 am
- GOP county official announces run for NY governor Updated: Mar-05-14 11:05 am
- South Texas judge in videotaped beating loses seat Updated: Mar-05-14 8:21 am
- Oklahoma City residents re-elect Mayor Cornett Updated: Mar-05-14 3:12 am
EAST ROCHESTER, New York - Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino is making more stops in upstate New York as he kicks off his campaign for the Republican nomination for governor.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Libertarian candidates for statewide office in Ohio are awaiting word from the state elections chief on whether they'll make the May 6 primary ballot.
SACRAMENTO, California - Republican gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari on Thursday blamed Gov. Jerry Brown for what he sees as California's decline over the past three decades, saying poverty and unemployment have climbed during the time that Brown was a member of the state's political elite.
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah House Minority Leader Jennifer Seelig has announced she won't seek re-election to the House at the end of the year.
BUFFALO, New York - Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has introduced himself in Buffalo, a day after formally entering the race for governor.
CLEVELAND - The leader of Ohio's largest county has submitted a proposal to the county council to assert its home-rule powers and mail unsolicited, absentee-ballot applications to registered voters there.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Senate committee on Thursday recommended passage of a bill sought by the Kansas Republican Party that would make it more difficult for voters to switch parties before voting in primary elections.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - A Baptist minister says he's making a run for governor in the 2015 gubernatorial election.
CHICAGO - Early voting has started for Illinois' March 18 primary but one Republican gubernatorial candidate says it's not always a good idea to cast an early ballot.
CHICAGO - State Sen. Kirk Dillard is defending union endorsements he's received in the Republican gubernatorial race.
SACRAMENTO, California - A Jewish lawmaker said Wednesday that he wants an apology from a Republican candidate for California governor who compared President Barack Obama's gun control policies to those of dictators such as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and North Korea's Kim Jong Il.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor are arguing about pension reform and the state's finances in the second-to-last debate ahead of the March 18 primary.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
SALT LAKE CITY - A deal between Utah legislators and a group pushing to overhaul Utah's system for nominating political candidates is headed for Gov. Gary Herbert's desk.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has a lengthy incumbency, a personal fortune, a conservative record and friendships with the rich and powerful. But he may lack the one thing he needs most to save his political career: the love of the Republican primary voter.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Wendy Davis says she's not disappointed turnout among her party's primary voters wasn't stronger - even amid a major organizing push.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A building materials company headed by Tom Wolf, the York County Democrat who is running for governor, has released financial information after The Associated Press asked his campaign to document one of its central themes: that the company shares profits with its employees.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic candidate for governor Gina Raimondo on Wednesday snagged the endorsement of former three-time gubernatorial candidate Myrth York, a progressive Democrat who had strongly supported Raimondo's rival, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras in his mayoral run.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The campaign of Democrat Byron Mallott is seeking guidance on fundraising under a law that bars gubernatorial candidates from soliciting or accepting contributions in Juneau while the Legislature is meeting.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed referendum being considered by Rhode Island lawmakers would change the state Constitution so a candidate for lieutenant governor runs on the same ticket as a candidate for governor.
ALBANY, New York - A top county official from New York City's northern suburbs is officially launching his uphill fight to unseat New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
ROCKPORT, Texas - A South Texas family law judge seen beating his then-16-year-old daughter in a video she posted online in 2011 has lost his re-election bid.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett has won re-election, becoming the first four-term mayor in the city's history.