- Gary King staying in race for New Mexico governor Updated: Mar-10-14 8:50 pm
- Bill says state pays for SC presidential primaries Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- Montana primary election field takes shape Updated: Mar-10-14 8:24 pm
- Regents members in jeopardy because of Common Core Updated: Mar-10-14 7:56 pm
- Gov. Herbert approves changes to caucus system Updated: Mar-10-14 7:20 pm
- Super PAC aims to help Pa. Dems in Legislature Updated: Mar-10-14 7:17 pm
- Coakley warns of cuts in mental health programs Updated: Mar-10-14 6:55 pm
- Utah House OKs bill to ensure towns hold elections Updated: Mar-10-14 6:47 pm
- Three hopefuls file for Pa. gubernatorial ballot Updated: Mar-10-14 6:21 pm
- Attack ad launched in Nevada race Updated: Mar-10-14 6:09 pm
- Fla. gov. campaign calls huge donation a mistake Updated: Mar-10-14 6:05 pm
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program Updated: Mar-10-14 4:19 pm
- Voter-photo IDs offered free in every Ala. county Updated: Mar-10-14 3:34 pm
- Nearly 125,000 vote in Florida special election Updated: Mar-10-14 12:50 pm
- Kansas considers moving dates of local elections Updated: Mar-10-14 6:50 am
- Selma, Ala. honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday' Updated: Mar-09-14 7:16 pm
- GOP gov candidates cite proudest accomplishments Updated: Mar-09-14 12:07 pm
- Pa. candidates face Tuesday deadline for petitions Updated: Mar-09-14 10:02 am
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 10:35 pm
- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- Tea party member Fisher seeks Mass. primary spot Updated: Mar-08-14 10:32 am
- GOP candidate Kashkari reports income for 2013 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:00 pm
- 2 Ohio Libertarians lose spots on primary ballot Updated: Mar-07-14 6:31 pm
- GOP candidate Astorino tried marijuana in college Updated: Mar-07-14 5:50 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Attorney General Gary King is committed to staying in the race for governor despite his last-place finish at a Democratic pre-primary nominating convention, his campaign manager said Monday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Taxpayers would continue to at least partly fund South Carolina's first-in-the-South presidential primaries in the future under a bill backed by both major parties.
HELENA, Montana - Dozens of people filed as candidates for office ahead of Monday's deadline by the Montana Secretary of State, setting up competitive races for seats in the U.S. Senate and House, along with a slate of legislative and judicial openings in June's primary elections.
ALBANY, New York - A usually routine legislative vote to re-elect members of the New York state Board of Regents could be complicated by disagreement over the state rollout of the new Common Core standards for the public schools.
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert gave his official approval Monday to a deal between Utah legislators and a group pushing to overhaul the state's system for nominating political candidates.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Washington-based super PAC that spent millions on behalf of Democratic candidates for the New Jersey Legislature last year plans to provide similar assistance in 2014 to Democrats running for Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled Legislature.
BOSTON - Attorney General and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley, who lost a younger brother to suicide, called on lawmakers Monday to restore proposed cuts in community-based behavioral health programs and help eliminate the stigma attached to mental illness.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah measure to ensure that small towns remember to hold elections is moving forward in the state Legislature.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The first gubernatorial candidates to file petitions to get on the May 20 primary ballot are Democrats John Hanger and Jack Wagner and Republican Bob Guzzardi.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A conservative group launched a television and web campaign Monday against Ross Miller, Nevada's Democratic secretary of state and attorney general candidate, for trips and gifts reported on his financial disclosure statements.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - There's a bit of a $500,000 mystery associated with the re-election campaign of Gov. Rick Scott.
CHICAGO - Tens of thousands of dollars earmarked for a Chicago anti-violence program that was launched by Gov. Pat Quinn in 2010- and has recently come under scrutiny - was paid to the husband of Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Voters who don't have a valid photo ID to use in Alabama's elections can get one free at county board of registrars' offices.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Nearly 125,000 people have already voted in Pinellas County's special election to fill the late Congressman Bill Young's seat, according to figures released Monday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas Senate committee plans to review a proposal this week to change the dates of local elections so they occur on the same schedule as legislative and statewide contests.
SELMA, Alabama - Speakers at the commemoration Sunday of a key event in African Americans' fight for voting rights urged Congress to resurrect the requirement that many southern states get federal approval for changes in election laws.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - For state Sen. Kirk Dillard, it's an ethics reform law. For businessman Bruce Rauner, it's how his private-equity funds made money for state pension systems. State treasurer Dan Rutherford cites a fairer reimbursement of nursing homes. Sen. Bill Brady? His role in the state's landmark state pension overhaul.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A day of reckoning is fast approaching for the candidates for Pennsylvania governor.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
BOSTON - Mark Fisher makes no apologies for being a tea party member or for his belief in a minimalist government even while running for office in a state where many Republicans prefer to stay closer to the political center.
SACRAMENTO, California - Republican candidate for governor Neel Kashkari filed his first financial disclosure form with the state Friday, reporting income of more than $100,000 last year from his former employer but few reportable financial holdings.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Libertarian candidates for statewide office were tossed from Ohio's primary ballot on Friday in a state election chief's ruling that sparked immediate plans for a legal challenge.
ALBANY, New York - Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino said Friday he smoked a couple of joints in college - but that was last time he used marijuana.