- Phoenix police identify 2 in homicide-suicide Updated: Apr-15-14 6:53 pm
- Correction: Trooper Killed-Michigan story Updated: Apr-15-14 1:13 pm
- Washington County jail inmate's suicide probed Updated: Apr-15-14 9:38 am
- Cyanide poisoning in suicide shuts neighborhood Updated: Apr-15-14 5:43 am
- Deputies: Man kills self after Cornville barricade Updated: Apr-14-14 7:58 pm
- GBI probing double murder, suicide Updated: Apr-14-14 4:10 pm
- Mesa police identify couple killed Updated: Apr-14-14 1:10 pm
- Suicide suspected in man's fall in Yosemite Updated: Apr-14-14 8:37 am
- Fresno cops probe suspected murder-suicide attempt Updated: Apr-13-14 6:31 pm
- Mesa police investigate couple's death Updated: Apr-13-14 6:10 pm
- Authorities find 3 dead at NC retirement community Updated: Apr-12-14 2:35 pm
- Review: Mizzou didn't follow federal assault rules Updated: Apr-11-14 5:37 pm
- 2 dead in apparent South Carolina murder-suicide Updated: Apr-11-14 3:28 pm
- Authorities rule suicide in Iowa developer's death Updated: Apr-11-14 1:52 pm
- Missouri high school senior commits suicide Updated: Apr-11-14 1:04 pm
- Wisconsin to pay $562K after suicide at Mendota Updated: Apr-11-14 11:58 am
- Giffords gunman made online rants before killing Updated: Apr-10-14 10:29 pm
- Attorney says he has new evidence in 2012 death Updated: Apr-10-14 7:43 pm
- Colorado county grapples with high suicide rate Updated: Apr-10-14 1:02 pm
- Man, 78, sentenced to prison in wife's 2011 death Updated: Apr-10-14 10:53 am
- 3 found dead at home in Garland County Updated: Apr-09-14 9:11 am
- Ill. man commits suicide days before murder trial Updated: Apr-09-14 8:02 am
- Suspect in Dayton police shooting killed himself Updated: Apr-08-14 7:25 pm
- Las Cruces police identify 2 killed in shooting Updated: Apr-08-14 2:27 pm
- Auburn student grateful for state trooper's help Updated: Apr-08-14 11:06 am
PHOENIX - Authorities have released the names of a couple found dead after a homicide-suicide in west Phoenix.
JACKSON, Michigan - In a story April 14 about an inmate who tried to kill himself, The Associated Press misspelled the man's last name in one instance. The inmate's name is Eric Knysz.
ST. GEORGE, Utah - An inmate in the Washington County Jail has died a week after attempting suicide in his cell.
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Fairfield fire officials say a man who committed suicide by drinking potassium cyanide prompted a hazardous materials alert that shut part of a neighborhood.
CORNVILLE, Arizona - Authorities say a man is dead after fatally shooting himself following a nearly eight-hour barricade situation at a northern Arizona home.
HARTWELL, Georgia - Sheriff's officials in northeast Georgia say a woman and the owner of the restaurant she worked at were fatally shot by her ex-husband before he turned the gun on himself.
MESA, Arizona - Mesa police have identified a man and woman who died in a car in a school parking lot as a result of what's being called a homicide/suicide.
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, California - Authorities say suicide is suspected in the death of a man who apparently jumped from the top of a popular climbing spot in Yosemite National Park.
FRESNO, California - Fresno police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide attempt that left a man dead and his wife critically injured.
MESA, Arizona - Mesa police say the deaths of a man and woman found in a school parking lot are being investigated as a murder-suicide.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities say the deaths of three people found in a home in a retirement community near Wilmington appear to be a murder-suicide.
ROLLA, Missouri - An independent report released Friday says the University of Missouri failed to follow parts of the federal law that governs sexual harassment on campus when handling the case of a former swimmer's suicide.
SHELDON, South Carolina - The Beaufort County coroner says the deaths of two elderly people in the Sheldon area of the county appear to have been a murder-suicide.
GUTHRIE CENTER, Iowa - Authorities have ruled the death of a prominent Des Moines developer found in a burned vehicle as a suicide.
WARRENSBURG, Missouri - Warrensburg police say an 18-year-old high school senior left campus and committed suicide after employees reported him in the school parking lot with a gun in his car.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state will pay more than half a million dollars to the estate of a man who committed suicide four years ago at Mendota Mental Health Institute, settling a lawsuit that accused hospital staffers of being negligent in his care.
PHOENIX - The man who shot former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was unraveling in the months before the rampage, issuing paranoid, expletive-filled Internet rants about government conspiracies, suicide and killing police, according to new law enforcement documents released Thursday.
DENVER - Relatives of a woman whose shooting death was initially ruled a suicide are urging Weld County prosecutors to file criminal charges in the case.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Police knew about the suicidal tendencies of nearly a third of the people who killed themselves in Mesa County in the first half of last year, according to a new study that found gaps in monitoring, counseling, drug treatment and other areas in the county where the suicide rate is double the state's and triple the nation's.
DUCHESNE, Utah - A 78-year-old Duchesne man has been ordered to prison in his elderly wife's 2011 stabbing death.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Authorities in Garland County say three people are dead in a suspected double murder-suicide.
CAHOKIA, Illinois - Police say a 58-year-old southwestern Illinois man committed suicide, days before he was set to stand trial for the 2012 death of his wife.
DAYTON, Ohio - Police in southwest Ohio say a man suspected in the disappearance of a woman and child fatally shot himself during a confrontation with officers, including one who fired at him.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Las Cruces police have identified a man and his estranged pregnant woman who died in what's being called an apparent homicide-suicide.
AUBURN, Alabama - On Aug. 31, Auburn University student April Dixon parked her car, donned a pair of sunglasses and walked through the darkness to the ledge of an Interstate 85 overpass near exit 51. State Trooper Cpl. Jackie Hamby was working an intersection on the south side of the bridge when he got the call.