- Police investigate motive in ambush of Houston area deputy Updated: Aug-30-15 11:37 am
HOUSTON - The man charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting of a uniformed suburban Houston sheriff's deputy will be arraigned this week.
- Wilmington police investigate shooting Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police are investigating a shooting that left a man in critical condition.
- Authorities investigate fire at former Fort Gay school Updated: Aug-30-15 11:22 am
FORT GAY, West Virginia - The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a fire that damaged a former school in Fort Gay.
- Man found with minor injuries near Norwalk train tracks Updated: Aug-30-15 10:25 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police are investigating whether a man found with minor injuries near Metro North railroad tracks in Norwalk was struck by a passing train or hurt in a fall.
- Authorities investigating death of young Florida woman Updated: Aug-30-15 10:01 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tallahassee Police are investigating after the death of a 24-year-old woman.
- Flight from Vegas to Germany diverted over unruly passenger Updated: Aug-29-15 6:28 pm
DENVER - An international flight from Las Vegas to Frankfurt made an emergency landing at Denver International Airport escorted by two F-16 fighter jets Friday night after what officials called a "disturbance on the plane."
- Tulsa police seek suspect in shooting death of man Updated: Aug-29-15 6:26 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police in Tulsa are seeking a suspect in the shooting death of a man on the city's north side.
- Wake Forest police investigating shooting death Updated: Aug-29-15 5:44 pm
WAKE FOREST, North Carolina - Wake Forest police are investigating the shooting death of a 27-year-old man found outside a home.
- Ex-lawyer accused of hypnotizing women charged in Ohio Updated: Aug-29-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former Cleveland-area attorney accused of hypnotizing women for his sexual pleasure has been charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and gross sexual imposition following an investigation that began last fall.
- Lebanese stage largest protests yet sparked by trash crisis Updated: Aug-29-15 4:04 pm
BEIRUT - Thousands rallied in downtown Beirut Saturday in the largest anti-government protest yet over a summer garbage crisis, chanting "revolution, revolution" and setting a three-day ultimatum for authorities to respond to demands, including the resignation of a Cabinet minister.
- Officials say house fire that killed 2 in Chicago suspicious Updated: Aug-29-15 3:13 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire Department officials say a blaze that engulfed a home in minutes and killed two men is suspicious.
- Orem police seek suspects shooting out windows Updated: Aug-29-15 2:28 pm
OREM, Utah - Police in Orem are searching for suspects who have shot out the windows of more than 100 cars and 10 structures in the past week.
- Mason City police investigating death of 20-year-old man Updated: Aug-29-15 1:47 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Police in Mason City are asking the public for information about a 20-year-old Mason City man's death.
- Police investigate 2 Friday night vehicle crashes in Warwick Updated: Aug-29-15 1:26 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Police in Warwick are investigating two Friday night accidents, including one that injured a motorcyclist and one in which a car struck a house.
- Police seize vehicle in fatal hit-and-run investigation Updated: Aug-29-15 1:24 pm
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - West Des Moines police say they have seized a "vehicle of interest" in their investigation of a fatal hit-and-run.
- Knox sheriff's office investigating cemetery thefts, damage Updated: Aug-29-15 1:10 pm
FARRUGUT, Tennessee - The Knox County Sheriff's Office is investigating damage and thefts at nearly a dozen graves at a 200-year-old Farragut cemetery.
- Police in Manchester investigate overnight home invasion Updated: Aug-29-15 11:20 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Police are investigating a reported armed home invasion in Manchester overnight.
- Dover police officer shoots armed man; injury not serious Updated: Aug-28-15 11:46 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Officers responding to a tip about a man armed with a handgun in downtown Dover shot the 21-year-old after a brief foot chase, authorities said Friday.
- Starr urges independent probe of Ukwuachu sex assault case Updated: Aug-28-15 11:30 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor University President Ken Starr is proposing an independent investigation of the athletic department's handling of the sexual assault complaint against defensive end Sam Ukwuachu.
- The Latest: Caucus presidents asks for retrial Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on the state of North Carolina's decision not to retry a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man in 2013. (All times local):
- Police: Boy who died may have been in hot vehicle 3 hours Updated: Aug-28-15 7:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 4-year-old boy who died in a stifling hot pickup truck in a Las Vegas home driveway might have been in the vehicle for up to three hours after his grandfather returned home with him on a sunny 100-degree day, authorities said Friday.
- Omaha man convicted of murder in 2014 death of ex-girlfriend Updated: Aug-28-15 7:04 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man has been convicted of first-degree murder in the beating death of his ex-girlfriend.
- Police investigate murder-suicide of parents in Georgia Updated: Aug-28-15 6:55 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Authorities say the deaths of a couple are being investigated as a murder-suicide in suburban Atlanta.
- Criminal probe into tribal lender includes Nevada partners Updated: Aug-28-15 6:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal criminal investigation into the former leaders of the Chippewa Cree Tribe's online lending operations now includes a Nevada company the tribe partnered with in its first attempt to offer payday loans.
- Police investigate after Kansas City officer fires into SUV Updated: Aug-28-15 5:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities are trying to determine whether a wounded baby was shot in the foot when an officer fired into a sport utility vehicle that had rammed the officer, Kansas City police said Friday.