- Man gets 3 years in prison for role in Pierce woman's death Updated: May-04-16 10:14 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A man who pleaded guilty to his role in a Pierce woman's death has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Attorney: Prince arranged to meet addiction doctor Updated: May-04-16 9:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his final weeks, Prince hid signs of trouble from his fans, stonewalling reports of an overdose that required an emergency plane landing and making a brief public appearance to reassure them. But privately, the superstar was in crisis, seeking help from a prominent addiction expert that ultimately came too late.
- Police investigating deaths of infant and father Updated: May-04-16 8:25 pm
D'IBERVILLE, Mississippi - D'Iberville police are investigating the death of a 10-month-old infant and his father's apparent suicide.
- FBI: Man admits to contaminating food at Michigan stores Updated: May-04-16 7:49 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A man is in custody after he admitted to spraying a contaminant that officials believe contained mouse poison on unpackaged food at several Michigan grocery stores, authorities said.
- Flint official takes deal, pledges to cooperate in probe Updated: May-04-16 7:33 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Flint municipal official struck a deal with prosecutors Wednesday, pledging cooperation in exchange for reduced charges as authorities continue investigating lead contamination of the impoverished Michigan city's drinking water supply.
- Philadelphia police kill unarmed driver fleeing traffic stop Updated: May-04-16 7:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The police commissioner says he's "not making any judgments" pending an investigation into the shooting death of an unarmed driver by an officer during a traffic stop, one of two police shootings the same night.
- 3 allegedly attack another teen in Dona Ana Detention Center Updated: May-04-16 6:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The Dona Ana County Sheriff's Department is investigating an assault involving three detainees in the juvenile section of the county Detention Center.
- Police probe beating of black University of Iowa student Updated: May-04-16 5:00 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A black University of Iowa freshman told police that he was severely beaten by three white men who called him racial slurs, investigators said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Feds, including DEA, join Prince investigation Updated: May-04-16 3:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Latest on the death of music superstar Prince (all times local):
- Man who said wife hanged herself now accused in her murder Updated: May-04-16 2:38 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A Summerville man who authorities say told investigators his wife hanged herself with a garden hose has now been charged with her murder.
- Robbers target home in Atlanta mayor's neighborhood Updated: May-04-16 2:14 pm
ATLANTA - Police say they're investigating a robbery at a home in the neighborhood where Atlanta's mayor lives.
- Police investigate fatal crash in Lebanon, Maine Updated: May-04-16 1:09 pm
LEBANON, Maine - Police are investigating the death of a Waterboro woman who was killed when her van collided with a tree in Lebanon.
- Robber is shortchanged after coming away with only 35 cents Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police are investigating an armed robbery of two men where the assailant walked away with only 35 cents.
- Memphis police investigating arrest of man recording them Updated: May-04-16 12:28 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Police Department's Internal Affairs bureau is investigating after a video was posted online that appears to show officers arresting a man who was recording them with his cellphone.
- Clay schools closed during ongoing threat investigation Updated: May-04-16 12:18 pm
CLAY, West Virginia - Officials say Clay County schools will be closed for the rest of the week during an ongoing school threat investigation.
- Police chief suspended amid probe into email on profiling Updated: May-04-16 12:07 pm
WYCKOFF, New Jersey - A New Jersey police chief was suspended with pay amid an investigation into a 2014 email he sent to township police condoning profiling - racial or otherwise - in law enforcement if done "fairly."
- 2 men robbed at gunpoint over 35 cents Updated: May-04-16 11:47 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police are investigating an armed robbery of two men where the bandit walked away with 35 cents.
- Family members change minds on settling excessive force suit Updated: May-04-16 11:23 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Members of an Omaha family have changed their minds about settling a lawsuit alleging excessive force by police officers and have asked the Omaha City Council to vote against the deal.
- Ferguson seeking to replace city prosecutor Updated: May-04-16 11:16 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Ferguson is seeking to replace a city prosecutor who was criticized by the federal investigation of the St. Louis suburb's justice system after the 2014 police shooting death of Michael Brown.
- Man struck, killed by car while walking on upstate NY road Updated: May-04-16 10:38 am
AMENIA, New York - Police are investigating an accident that left a 52-year-old man dead after he was struck by a car while walking on an upstate New York road.
- Mask artwork stolen from Juneau arts center Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Authorities are investigating after a piece of artwork was reported stolen from the Juneau Arts & Culture Center this week.
- Feds end probe into Bowling Green police minority hiring Updated: May-04-16 9:35 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - The U.S. Justice Department has told city officials in Bowling Green, Kentucky, it has ended its investigation into minority hiring practices at the city's police department.
- Victim not ID'd in eastern Pennsylvania domestic shooting Updated: May-04-16 8:12 am
PHOENIXVILLE, Pennsylvania - County detectives were continuing to investigate a domestic dispute that ended with a shooting that killed on person and wounded another at a home in eastern Pennsylvania.
- FIFA prosecutors want life ban for Webb in bribery case Updated: May-04-16 7:48 am
ZURICH - FIFA ethics prosecutors want a life ban imposed on former FIFA vice president Jeffrey Webb, who has pleaded guilty to racketeering charges in the United States.
- Police investigating suspicious death at New London hospital Updated: May-04-16 6:51 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - The New London Police Department is investigating a suspicious death that occurred at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in the southeast Connecticut city.