- Detectives probe possible human remains in apartment wall Updated: Jul-02-15 12:40 pm
LOMITA, California - Los Angeles County authorities are trying to determine whether remains found inside a wall at a Lomita apartment complex are human.
- Bodies of missing Phoenix-area couple are believed found Updated: Jul-02-15 12:17 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - The bodies of a man and a woman believed to be a Phoenix-area couple missing for more than a week were recovered from a property near their home, and a man who lives there was arrested, authorities said Thursday.
- Houston police seek husband after estranged wife slain Updated: Jul-02-15 12:05 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police are seeking the estranged husband of a woman who was fatally shot as she dropped off their son at her spouse's home.
- Police investigate unattended death at Burlington hotel Updated: Jul-02-15 11:28 am
BURLINGTON, Massachusetts - Police are investigating an unattended death at a Burlington hotel.
- Colorado Springs police investigate shooting that kills 1 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:04 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Police in Colorado Springs are investigating a shooting in an apartment that killed one man.
- Police investigating upstate city's 4th shooting in 4 days Updated: Jul-02-15 9:52 am
POUGHKEEPSIE, New York - Police say a 21-year-old Poughkeepsie man is in critical condition after being wounded in what was the Hudson Valley city's fourth shooting in as many days.
- Birmingham police investigate after 2 found dead in home Updated: Jul-02-15 8:59 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police in Birmingham are investigating after two people were found shot to death in a home.
- Tunisia: 8 people suspected of direct links to beach attack Updated: Jul-02-15 8:43 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - Eight people are in custody in Tunisia, suspected of having direct links to a deadly beach attack that killed 38 people, but four other possible suspects have been released, a minister said Thursday.
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials Updated: Jul-02-15 7:22 am
GENEVA - The United States has submitted a formal request for Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials arrested in Zurich as part of a corruption probe that has rocked soccer's world governing body.
- Police investigate after truck explodes in downtown Savannah Updated: Jul-02-15 6:46 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police say a utility truck exploded in downtown Savannah, but no one was hurt and there was no extensive property damage to surrounding buildings.
- DeKalb police investigate after man shot while walking Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 am
STONE MOUNTAIN, Georgia - DeKalb County police are investigating after a man was shot while walking with a woman and a child.
- Investigators have person of interest in Dylan Redwine case Updated: Jul-01-15 11:23 pm
DURANGO, Colorado - Investigators have identified a person of interest in the case of a 13-year-old boy who went missing in 2012 and whose remains were found seven months later in southwestern Colorado.
- Police: 4 boys to be charged in Eugene Civic Stadium fire Updated: Jul-01-15 11:07 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Four young boys will be charged in the fire that destroyed this Willamette Valley city's historic Civic Stadium earlier this week, police said late Wednesday.
- Prosecutor: Paxton fraud evidence to go to grand jury soon Updated: Jul-01-15 10:51 pm
DALLAS - A special prosecutor said Wednesday that he planned to present a first-degree felony securities fraud case against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to a North Texas grand jury.
- Police suspect murder-suicide in deaths of man, woman Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police investigating the deaths of a husband and wife found inside a Las Vegas home suspect the wife shot and killed her husband with a handgun before killing herself.
- Number of wiretaps in Kansas surge in drug investigations Updated: Jul-01-15 7:07 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The number of wiretaps sought by law enforcement officials and authorized by federal judges in Kansas surged in 2014 to the highest level in years, despite a slight decrease nationwide, according to a government report released Wednesday.
- Wounded Wauwatosa detective goes home from hospital Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Wauwatosa police detective who was shot and seriously injured while investigating a burglary has been released from the hospital.
- Authorities say suspect in family killings owed victim money Updated: Jul-01-15 6:52 pm
A California man charged with killing his business associate, the man's wife and two small children owed $30,000 to the victim and had other debts, authorities said in records released Wednesday.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- Faulkner County deputies under investigation for May arrest Updated: Jul-01-15 3:41 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - The Faulkner County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation to determine if two deputies used excessive force during a May arrest.
- Walker aide sues prosecutor who conducted John Doe probe Updated: Jul-01-15 12:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former aide to Gov. Scott Walker who was caught up in a secret investigation into illegal campaigning is suing the prosecutor who conducted the probe, saying he and others infringed on her civil rights by raiding her home and seizing her personal emails.
- Police investigate death of 3-month-old in Milwaukee Updated: Jul-01-15 11:11 am
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say officers are investigating the death of a 3-month-old child.
- Japan police seek motive for self-immolation on bullet train Updated: Jul-01-15 9:53 am
TOKYO - Japanese police on Wednesday searched the apartment of the man who set himself on fire on a high-speed bullet train, killing himself and another passenger, as officials sought clues to his motive.
- Springfield police probe bicyclist's traffic death Updated: Jul-01-15 9:20 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating the death of a 72-year-old bicyclist who was hit by a car.
- St. Paul police investigate dogs' death Updated: Jul-01-15 8:59 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police are investigating the discovery of two dogs found dead in a car.