- Fury, cargo questions surround sunken SKorea ferry Updated: Apr-25-14 1:55 am
- Man, 19, fatally shot in Seattle Updated: Apr-25-14 12:19 am
- Jamaican police increasingly facing murder charges Updated: Apr-25-14 12:04 am
- Salem police investigate attempted baby abduction Updated: Apr-24-14 11:22 pm
- Doctor: Slain Minnesota teens shot multiple times Updated: Apr-24-14 10:23 pm
- Ala lawmaker arrested on felony perjury charges Updated: Apr-24-14 9:11 pm
- Criminal probe into NYC heiress' life is over Updated: Apr-24-14 7:34 pm
- Miss. probing death of infant whose parents fled Updated: Apr-24-14 6:07 pm
- ABI reviewing law enforcement-involved shooting Updated: Apr-24-14 6:02 pm
- Judge allows partial release of Attica riot papers Updated: Apr-24-14 6:02 pm
- Probe of ex-prosecutors' online posts complete Updated: Apr-24-14 6:01 pm
- Del. attorney general: State needs crime lab Updated: Apr-24-14 4:40 pm
- Child, 10, among 3 Austin burglary suspects Updated: Apr-24-14 4:29 pm
- SLED looks into complaint facing York Police chief Updated: Apr-24-14 4:19 pm
- Police arrest man in choking of Longmont neighbor Updated: Apr-24-14 2:20 pm
- Fatal shooting investigated in Rankin Co. Updated: Apr-24-14 1:38 pm
- 10th defendant seeks to plead guilty in dog fights Updated: Apr-24-14 12:41 pm
- Tampa homicide detective on leave during probe Updated: Apr-24-14 9:25 am
- UK police seek to halt Brits joining Syria rebels Updated: Apr-24-14 8:19 am
- Indonesian school: We'll cooperate in abuse probe Updated: Apr-24-14 7:34 am
- Witness: Iraqi teens posed no threat before death Updated: Apr-23-14 8:53 pm
- Authorities investigate shooting death in SW Iowa Updated: Apr-23-14 8:04 pm
- Defense: FBI probe in 9/11 trial has implications Updated: Apr-23-14 6:47 pm
- Gacy probe helps solve unrelated Chicago-area case Updated: Apr-23-14 6:43 pm
- Wisconsin governor signs police investigation bill Updated: Apr-23-14 6:27 pm
JINDO, South Korea - Frustrated relatives of the scores of people still missing from the sinking of the ferry Sewol held the fisheries minister and the coast guard chief overnight, angry about the pace of divers who have recovered 183 bodies so far but may have nearly 120 left to find in the dark rooms of the submerged vessel.
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a 19-year-old man has been fatally shot in the city's Rainier Valley area.
MAY PEN, Jamaica - It's been nearly a year since Sevina Giderisingh's 20-year-old son died in a confrontation with a police officer on the dusty outskirts of this struggling Jamaican city where jobs are scarce and crime is frequent.
SALEM, New Hampshire - Salem police are investigating an attempted baby abduction.
LITTLE FALLS, Minnesota - The two Minnesota cousins killed by a man who claimed he was defending himself after they broke into his home were each shot multiple times, a medical examiner testified Thursday, and while the initial gunshots caused serious injury, they did not immediately incapacitate the teens.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise was arrested Thursday on charges of perjury and giving false statements to law enforcement, making him the second legislator to face criminal charges in an ongoing investigation of state government.
NEW YORK - During a yearslong court fight over an idiosyncratic copper heiress' $300 million estate, a criminal investigation quietly examined how she and her finances were being looked after, though no one was ever charged.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi authorities said it could be weeks before they know what caused the death of 7-month-old Alyssa Harris, whose parents fled to Georgia after the grandfather called emergency workers to try to help the unresponsive baby.
TALLASSEE, Alabama - The Alabama Bureau of Investigation is reviewing the shooting death of a man in Tallassee.
ALBANY, New York - A New York judge on Thursday approved a request to allow a fuller history of the nation's bloodiest prison riot to be revealed, including a look into whether there was any cover-up by authorities.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. attorney's office in New Orleans says a Justice Department investigation of two former assistant U.S. attorneys has been completed.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Attorney General Beau Biden says a recent investigation of a state drug-testing lab overseen by the medical examiner's office shows Delaware needs independent crime laboratory.
AUSTIN, Texas - An investigation into nearly a dozen attempted burglaries in Central Texas has led to the arrest of three youths, including a 10-year-old suspect.
YORK, South Carolina - York officials have asked the State Law Enforcement Division to investigate an allegation that the police chief used excessive force.
DENVER - Police say they have arrested a man suspected of choking his neighbor and taking his cellphone in an unprovoked attack in Longmont.
BRANDON, Mississippi - Authorities in Rankin County are investigating the fatal shooting of a Hinds County deputy and his wife.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A 10th defendant has filed court papers seeking to plead guilty in a multi-state dog fighting investigation headquartered in Alabama.
TAMPA, Florida - The federal criminal investigation of a Tampa police homicide detective has forced prosecutors and police officials to review cases in which he played a part.
LONDON - British police are launching a nationwide bid to prevent young people from traveling to Syria to take part in the fighting there - part of a Europe-wide effort to discourage would-be combatants.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A prestigious international school in Indonesia said Thursday it was cooperating with police in their investigation of alleged abuse of a 6-year-old student and was devastated upon learning of allegations against an American teacher who worked there for a decade.
JOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD, Washington - Two unarmed Iraqi brothers posed no threat as they herded cattle in a palm grove where a U.S. Army reconnaissance team was hidden one day seven years ago, a former soldier said Wednesday at a preliminary hearing.
BEDFORD, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Public Safety says authorities are investigating the shooting death of a man in southwest Iowa.
FORT MEADE, Maryland - The defense team for five people facing trial before a Sept. 11 war crimes tribunal claimed implications of the FBI's questioning of one of its members are "staggering" and called on the court to probe the incident aggressively, according to a motion unsealed on Wednesday.
MAYWOOD, Illinois - Ruth Rodriguez didn't want to believe her brother was one of more than 30 young men and boys John Wayne Gacy lured into his Chicago-area house and strangled, but she was willing to provide her DNA to find out.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin police departments will have to allow outside investigators to run officer-involved death investigations under a bill Republican Gov. Scott Walker signed into law Wednesday.