- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed Updated: Apr-18-14 9:32 am
- Cause of fire that killed 2 boys still unknown Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 am
- Police investigate slaying of 89-year-old woman Updated: Apr-18-14 7:51 am
- Community input sought on Albuquerque police dept. Updated: Apr-18-14 6:13 am
- 2 women accused of prostitution at Arizona spa Updated: Apr-18-14 6:13 am
- Anger and dismay at stalled Guantanamo 9/11 trial Updated: Apr-18-14 12:04 am
- Wash. police investigate alleged abduction Updated: Apr-17-14 10:29 pm
- Widow called to testify in Coast Guard murder case Updated: Apr-17-14 10:25 pm
- Police: Vermont deaths likely a murder-suicide Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 pm
- Justice Department IDs ousted investigators Updated: Apr-17-14 5:32 pm
- Pa. police investigating road rage stabbing Updated: Apr-17-14 5:26 pm
- 30 arrested in NC on sex trafficking charges Updated: Apr-17-14 4:04 pm
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find Updated: Apr-17-14 3:54 pm
- Police investigating after body found in canal Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 pm
- Chris Christie, prosecutor appear at same event Updated: Apr-17-14 2:58 pm
- Police chief seeks to arrest Lowndes Co. official Updated: Apr-17-14 2:37 pm
- Providence documents related to Fox subpoenaed Updated: Apr-17-14 12:47 pm
- Tucson police investigate homicide on south side Updated: Apr-17-14 10:49 am
- DA probing troubled district's afterschool program Updated: Apr-17-14 10:10 am
- Abuse allegations detailed against ex-priest Updated: Apr-17-14 9:31 am
- Police investigate shooting in YMCA parking lot Updated: Apr-17-14 7:52 am
- Williston shooting suspect found guilty Updated: Apr-16-14 7:05 pm
- 4 men seeking job as Council Bluffs police chief Updated: Apr-16-14 5:35 pm
- Feds: 27 people indicted in drug investigation Updated: Apr-16-14 4:20 pm
- Phoenix-area sites searched in drug investigation Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
MOKPO, South Korea - The investigation into South Korea's ferry disaster focused on the sharp turn it took just before it began listing and on the possibility that a quicker evacuation order by the captain could have saved lives, officials said Friday, as rescuers struggled to find some 270 people still missing and feared dead.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana sheriff says investigators are continuing to work on what led up to a house fire this month that killed 3-year old twin brothers.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police say an 89-year-old woman was fatally stabbed during an attempted robbery.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Justice Department is seeking community input on possible reforms for the Albuquerque Police Department over its use of force.
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - Two women are facing prostitution charges following an investigation at a spa in southern Arizona.
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - Don Arias stormed out of the meeting with the defense lawyers at this U.S. Navy base after less than 15 minutes. He was soon followed by three others who also lost family members in the 9/11 terror attack.
MILTON, Washington - Police in Milton, Washington, say a 19-year-old woman has reported she was abducted from a check-cashing store and held captive for two days before she managed to jump into a stranger's car at a fast-food drive-thru and plead for help.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The widow of a Coast Guardsman shot to death two years ago at a Kodiak communications station was called by defense attorneys Thursday to answer questions about their marital problems, their finances and her familiarity with the murder scene.
STOWE, Vermont - Police in Stowe, Vermont, are calling a suspected murder-suicide a "tragic act of domestic violence."
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Justice Department has released the names of two investigators who lost their jobs after they let child pornography cases languish for months.
GAP, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State Police have interviewed two Texas men about a road rage incident that ended with the stabbing of a Lancaster County man.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Police have arrested 30 people in Winston-Salem on sex trafficking charges resulting from an investigation spanning more than four years.
WASHINGTON - Secret Service investigators say they are close to gaining a full understanding of the methods hackers used to breach Target's computer systems last December.
BOISE, Idaho - Police in Boise are investigating after a worker found a woman's body in a canal in northwest Boise.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - It could have been an awkward moment for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
HAYNEVILLE, Alabama - An attorney for the Lowndes County school board has asked Hayneville officials to withdraw a warrant issued for the arrest of the county school superintendent.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal law enforcement officials have subpoenaed documents pertaining to former House Speaker Gordon Fox from the city of Providence, a spokesman for Mayor Angel Taveras said Thursday.
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police say a man wounded in a shooting in a south-side neighborhood late Wednesday night has died.
WILKINSBURG, Pennsylvania - Detectives have seized the records of an afterschool program from a financially-troubled western Pennsylvania school district whose former coordinator is awaiting trial on charges he stole $3,2000 worth of computer and video game equipment from the district.
ENFIELD, Connecticut - A former East Windsor priest sexually assaulted a teenager who worked at his parishes, making the boy remove his clothes for his paychecks and causing him to seek hospital treatment for the abuse, authorities said.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police are investigating a fatal shooting in the parking lot of a YMCA.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - One of the suspects in the fatal shooting of a Williston-area hobby rancher has been found guilty of hindering authorities investigating the case.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Four men are vying to become the next police chief in Council Bluffs.
MILWAUKEE - Federal officials in Wisconsin say 27 people have been indicted on drug-trafficking and related charges following a multi-year investigation.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Public Safety and Phoenix-area law enforcement agencies have conducted numerous raids following a months-long investigation into illegal drug sales by criminal street gangs.