- Fargo officer just 2nd killed in line of duty Updated: Feb-11-16 11:01 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota police officer died Thursday of a gunshot wound suffered while responding to a domestic disturbance hours earlier, becoming just the second Fargo officer to die in the line of duty and the first in more than a century.
- Fallin's general counsel resigns amid execution inquiry Updated: Feb-11-16 9:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The general counsel for Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin resigned Thursday amid a grand jury investigation into how the wrong drug was delivered for the state's last two scheduled executions.
- Hawaii lawmakers seek enhanced police oversight Updated: Feb-11-16 8:58 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are pushing for more police oversight in the wake of incidents that they say chipped away at the public's trust.
- Findings on San Antonio police shooting given to prosecutors Updated: Feb-11-16 8:54 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police have submitted the Bexar (BEAR) County District Attorney's Office their findings of an investigation into the police shooting of an unarmed man.
- Chief: Investigation of nude teen's shooting to take 30 days Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The chief of the Austin police says he expects an investigation to be completed within 30 days of an officer's fatal shooting of an unarmed nude teenager.
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Syracuse, police investigating Updated: Feb-11-16 6:15 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police are investigating the death of a 56-year-old man who was struck by a motorist while crossing a street in Syracuse.
- No suspects or motive a week after 6 found dead in Chicago Updated: Feb-11-16 6:07 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities have no suspects and a motive remains elusive one week after six family members were found dead in their Chicago home, police said Thursday, with investigators now focusing on video evidence, the weapons used and interviews with relatives and acquaintances to try to glean clues about why the family was targeted.
- If Ferguson dissolves police department, who would step in? Updated: Feb-11-16 5:30 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - As Ferguson prepares to do legal battle with the Justice Department, the city's leaders have acknowledged the possibility that they might someday disband the police department and cede law enforcement to another agency.
- Feds accuse prison guards of taking bribes, drug trafficking Updated: Feb-11-16 4:59 pm
ATLANTA - Dozens of Georgia prison guards agreed to protect drug smuggling operations for a high-level trafficker, believing their status as correctional officers would protect them from a vehicle search if they were stopped by police, authorities said Thursday. In exchange, they received thousands of dollars in bribes.
- Operator of 'sober' housing arrested on gun, drug charges Updated: Feb-11-16 4:43 pm
SEATTLE - The operator of a "clean and sober" housing facility in Everett has been arrested for investigation of gun and drug charges.
- BCA investigates after Roseville police fatally shoot man Updated: Feb-11-16 3:16 pm
ROSEVILLE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating after Roseville officers fatally shot a man who stabbed a police dog.
- Off-duty Northern California police officer shot to death Updated: Feb-11-16 3:11 pm
VALLEJO, California - An off-duty Northern California police officer was shot to death in his home Thursday in what authorities say was a domestic dispute.
- Gun club investigated over pigeon cruelty allegations Updated: Feb-11-16 1:20 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia gun club is under investigation after an animal rights group released video they claim shows a member abusing a wounded pigeon after a shoot.
- Grand jury probes police chief's role in Taser deal Updated: Feb-11-16 12:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A grand jury is looking into a former Albuquerque Police Department chief's role in the $2 million contract the city awarded to Taser International to outfit officers with body cameras.
- Councilman to serve 10-20 years in prison for sex crimes Updated: Feb-11-16 10:32 am
LUMBERPORT, West Virginia - A Lumberport councilman has been sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison for sex crimes involving children.
- NY man, 70, charged with murder in death of wife of 51 years Updated: Feb-11-16 10:24 am
GLOVERSVILLE, New York - A 70-year-old man has been charged with murder in the death of his wife of 51 years inside their upstate New York apartment.
- Deputies: Woman found dead, boyfriend shoots himself Updated: Feb-11-16 9:07 am
NEW BERN, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating after a woman's body was found in a truck parked in a cemetery near New Bern and the victim's boyfriend later shot and killed himself while being questioned.
- Officials investigate infant's death in unsupervised DC home Updated: Feb-11-16 8:23 am
WASHINGTON - Police are investigating the death of an infant boy in a Washington residence where authorities say there were other children but no adult supervision.
- NYPD investigating assault on Hasidic man in Brooklyn Updated: Feb-11-16 7:53 am
NEW YORK - New York City police are investigating the assault on a 25-year-old Hasidic man in Brooklyn.
- Police: Several car tires slashed in casino parking lot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:14 am
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after tires were slashed on more than a dozen cars in Rhode Island.
- Police: Hospital didn't cooperate when assault was reported Updated: Feb-11-16 4:13 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police say Rhode Island Hospital wouldn't cooperate with a criminal investigation for several days after a patient claimed a nursing assistant sexually assaulted her.
- Ex-LA sheriff pleads guilty to lying during corruption probe Updated: Feb-10-16 10:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to federal authorities investigating corruption in the department, a probe that was gaining momentum when he abruptly retired two years ago.
- Friend of Texas man shot by police wants public's attention Updated: Feb-10-16 10:18 pm
DALLAS - The friend of an unarmed man fatally shot by a San Antonio officer said Wednesday he will try to keep a spotlight on a case that police are still investigating.
- Surprise police: 2 women found dead in home now identified Updated: Feb-10-16 9:09 pm
SURPRISE, Arizona - Two women were found fatally shot inside a home in the Phoenix suburb of Surprise, and police were investigating the possibility of a home invasion Wednesday.
- Lawsuit of man who questioned police shootings dismissed Updated: Feb-10-16 8:54 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a former investigator for Chicago's Independent Police Review Authority, which investigates police shootings.