- Guatemala to investigate for those responsible for mudslide Updated: Oct-06-15 11:48 pm
SANTA CATARINA PINULA, Guatemala - The warning signs were everywhere in the canyon neighborhood of Cambray on the outskirts of Guatemala City, where a mudslide buried hundreds of people last week.
- AP Investigation: 5 key findings on nuclear smuggling Updated: Oct-06-15 9:31 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - An Associated Press investigation reveals that a remote corner of eastern Europe has become a thriving marketplace for nuclear material aimed at extremists in the Middle East. Here are five key findings:
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought terrorist buyers Updated: Oct-06-15 9:08 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - The Associated Press has learned that gangs with Russian ties are driving a thriving black market in nuclear materials in eastern Europe, often with the explicit intent of connecting sellers to Middle Eastern extremist groups.
- Transgender woman beaten, shot dead; unclear if hate crime Updated: Oct-06-15 6:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A transgender woman was beaten and shot to death, but authorities said it was too early in their investigation to tell whether it might have been a hate crime.
- Drug overdose suspected in death of NY doctor found in lobby Updated: Oct-06-15 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - Kiersten Cerveny led a quiet life in the suburbs of New York City with a dermatology practice, three lively and spirited children and a husband who shared her medical passion.
- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children Updated: Oct-06-15 6:21 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in coastal Georgia say a woman in charged with murder in the drowning deaths of her two daughters.
- Authorities investigating after jailed man dies at hospital Updated: Oct-06-15 5:45 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Authorities are investigating after an inmate in the custody of the Oklahoma County Detention Center died at a hospital.
- NYC police probing possibility explosion wasn't gas-related Updated: Oct-06-15 5:24 pm
NEW YORK - Police are investigating whether something other than gas caused a New York City building to explode over the weekend.
- Police investigating death of woman found after fight Updated: Oct-06-15 12:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police are investigating the death of a woman found inside her camp trailer after an argument with her boyfriend.
- Fox: Criminal investigation had no effect on resignation Updated: Oct-06-15 12:19 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New Jersey's outgoing transportation chief said Tuesday that an investigation into whether United Airlines engaged in criminal activities while he lobbied on the company's behalf didn't affect his decision to resign.
- Pittsburgh detectives investigate body found under bridge Updated: Oct-06-15 10:12 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police detectives were investigating the death of a man whose body was found in the Monongahela River under the Smithfield Street Bridge.
- At least 40 vehicles damaged in Bakersfield vandalism spree Updated: Oct-06-15 8:48 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Kern County authorities are investigating a rash of vandalism that left more than three dozen vehicles with smashed windows over the weekend in and around Bakersfield.
- Worker found dead in locked NYC hospital bathroom Updated: Oct-06-15 7:58 am
NEW YORK - Authorities are investigating after a worker was found dead inside a New York City hospital bathroom days after he sought treatment for an injured finger.
- Fired police chief from Ohio resort island to go on trial Updated: Oct-06-15 7:06 am
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A fired Ohio island police chief is set to go on trial.
- Police: Mom investigated for publicly shaming her son Updated: Oct-06-15 6:43 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Authorities say a mother is under investigation by the Department of Social Services after writing "bad" on her son's head, dressing him in women's clothes and parading him around a Wal-Mart store as punishment.
- 2 Bibb County deputies fired, charged after investigation Updated: Oct-06-15 3:31 am
MACON, Georgia - Two corrections deputies at the Bibb County jail have been arrested and fired after having been accused of having improper interactions with inmates.
- Police still looking for clues 1 year after family killed Updated: Oct-06-15 3:05 am
GUILDERLAND, New York - It's been almost a year since four people of Chinese descent were found dead in their suburban Albany home, and the case remains open.
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency probing police shooting Updated: Oct-05-15 7:56 pm
MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama - Authorities have identified a man who was shot in a confrontation with police.
- Police seek person who set cat on fire in Bremerton Updated: Oct-05-15 7:23 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - Bremerton police are searching for a person who set a cat on fire, leading to its death.
- Federal watchdog reopening latest probe of Secret Service Updated: Oct-05-15 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The Homeland Security Department's internal watchdog is reopening the investigation into efforts by the Secret Service to discredit a congressman.
- Video appears to show Minnesota officer hitting teen Updated: Oct-05-15 5:42 pm
RICHFIELD, Minnesota - A Minnesota police department is investigating after a video surfaced that appears to show an officer pushing and striking a teen.
- Authorities probing death of Alabama boy run over by mother Updated: Oct-05-15 5:04 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Alabama - Authorities are investigating the death of an Alabama boy who was run over by his mother.
- Indicted Oklahoma sheriff still faces state investigation Updated: Oct-05-15 4:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma sheriff who was indicted following a grand jury investigation sparked by a volunteer deputy's fatal shooting of a restrained man still faces reviews by the state's top investigative agency and a firm Tulsa County hired to look into the sheriff's department's operations.
- NYC police: Dermatologist may have died of drug overdose Updated: Oct-05-15 3:58 pm
NEW YORK - Police say they suspect a Long Island dermatologist found unconscious in the entryway of a Manhattan apartment building may have died of a drug overdose.