- Report: Arts, culture add $500B to nation's GDP Updated: Dec-05-13 4:55 am
- 5 Indiana theology schools share in Lilly grant Updated: Dec-04-13 4:01 am
- Nebraska media arts center gets $7.7M donation Updated: Nov-26-13 12:38 pm
- UT college of engineering establishes endowment Updated: Nov-25-13 5:04 am
- Texas oil boom pumps money into state universities Updated: Nov-23-13 12:32 pm
- Students vote on Yale divestment of fossil fuels Updated: Nov-22-13 11:31 am
- Razorback Roundup horse auction coming to an end Updated: Nov-17-13 1:23 pm
- Fallen Mo. soldier remembered at Ozarks college Updated: Nov-11-13 1:26 pm
- Harvard's deficit soars to $34 million Updated: Nov-09-13 1:34 pm
- Committee recommends reining in UW Foundation fees Updated: Nov-07-13 5:52 pm
- Correction: Health Overhaul-Hollywood story Updated: Nov-05-13 4:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Creative industries led by Hollywood account for about $504 billion, or at least 3.2 percent of U.S. goods and services, the government said in its first official measure of how the arts and culture affect the economy.
INDIANAPOLIS - Five Indiana theology schools are among 51 nationwide that have been awarded a total of more than $12 million by the Lilly Endowment to study economic issues facing future ministers.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The estate of Mary Riepma Ross has provided $7.7 million to establish a permanent endowment supporting the media arts center that bears her name, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln announced Tuesday.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The College of Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has established a $3 million endowed deanship.
DALLAS - A major oil boom has helped pump dollars into an endowment that supports the University of Texas and Texas A&M University, helping it to hit a record $14.8 billion.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale University undergraduates who participated in a vote on whether the Ivy League school should divest a portion of its fossil fuel investments have overwhelmingly backed the measure.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The director of the Razorback Roundup says the annual horse and tack auction is ending.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A endowment for memorial scholarship at Ozarks Technical Community College has reached $10,000 in honor of a Missouri soldier who died in Afghanistan.
BOSTON - Harvard University finance officials are pledging to manage costs better and pursue innovative revenue strategies after its deficit soared to $34 million in the most recent fiscal year, compared to a $7.9 million shortfall the previous year.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A legislative committee has endorsed a bill regarding fees the University of Wyoming charges the state to manage an $89 million endowment.
LOS ANGELES - In a story Nov. 4 about a $500,000 grant to provide TV writers and producers with information about the Affordable Care Act, The Associated Press misidentified a senior vice president of The California Endowment. His name is Daniel Zingale, not David Zingale.