- University of Utah faculty vote for fossil fuel divestment Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Faculty leaders at the University of Utah are calling on the school to get rid of investments associated with fossil fuels.
- Legislature passes bill for excess power program earnings Updated: May-04-16 4:03 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has passed a bill that would divvy up any excess earnings from a fund set up to help rural areas faced with high electricity costs.
- Famous paleontologist celebrated at Museum of the Rockies Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A $3 million endowment has been set up at the Museum of the Rockies in honor of renowned paleontologist Jack Horner, who is retiring after 34 years as the museum's curator of paleontology.
- Augustana receives $1M donation for buildings, endowment Updated: Apr-27-16 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Augustana University has received a $1 million donation toward a student activities center, a science building and an endowment to support athletics.
- Music fund endowed for $1 million at McPherson College Updated: Apr-21-16 8:32 am
MCPHERSON, Kansas - A Wichita businessman has established a $1 million endowment that will provide a new music series and a student scholarship at McPherson College.
- UAE tycoon launches largest Arab education fund with $1.14B Updated: Apr-20-16 11:05 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A billionaire businessman from the United Arab Emirates launched the Arab world's largest education fund on Wednesday, setting aside $1.14 billion (4.2 billion dirhams) in grants for underserved youth from the region.
- Morocco: one of the world's oldest libraries is renovated Updated: Apr-19-16 2:29 am
FEZ, Morocco - The settling dust from renovations and the banging of tools aren't ideal sights and sounds for a library - but this is no ordinary library.
- Grand Rapids Symphony raises $40 million for endowment Updated: Apr-15-16 9:43 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The Grand Rapids Symphony has raised $40 million for its endowment as part of a campaign that started in 2012.
- Bill: Excess power program earnings would aid communities Updated: Apr-12-16 1:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Excess funds from a program that provides assistance for rural areas faced with high electricity costs would help fund a community assistance program under legislation being considered in the Alaska Senate.
- National title puts Augustana's future up for discussion Updated: Apr-07-16 12:16 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - When the Augustana men's basketball team took the court at the Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco, Texas, during its national title run, the Vikings were surrounded by a group of banners hanging from the rafters, reminding them of past champions.