- Woman returns $2,800 she found outside McDonald's Updated: Dec-11-13 11:23 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Jersey City police arrest 17; issue 150 summonses Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 pm
- Pope prays in Rome's posh shopping district Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 pm
- Cumberland County sheriff leads Christmas shopping Updated: Dec-07-13 4:05 am
- Raleigh police to go Christmas shopping with kids Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- 6 ways to avoid a holiday season spending hangover Updated: Dec-06-13 3:34 pm
- L Brands, Costco report weak November sales Updated: Dec-05-13 1:07 pm
- Cato says key sales metric flat in November Updated: Dec-05-13 9:31 am
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd qtr. Updated: Dec-05-13 9:25 am
- Henrico officers to take kids Christmas shopping Updated: Dec-05-13 2:46 am
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Fed: US growth stays moderate during shutdown Updated: Dec-04-13 2:43 pm
- Cyber Monday draws $1.74B billion holiday dollars Updated: Dec-03-13 6:50 pm
- J.C. Penney says key sales measure up in November Updated: Dec-03-13 5:07 pm
- Holiday lights rules irk Buffalo business owners Updated: Dec-03-13 8:02 am
- Americans turn to mobile devices for Cyber Monday Updated: Dec-02-13 7:35 pm
- Slow growth likely in 9 Midwest, Plains states Updated: Dec-02-13 12:02 pm
- Record crowds over weekend, but spending declined Updated: Dec-02-13 12:07 am
- Thanksgiving takes more Black Friday sales Updated: Dec-01-13 4:24 pm
- Bond set for suspects in theft, dragging of cop Updated: Nov-30-13 1:29 pm
- Americans kick off first holiday shopping weekend Updated: Nov-30-13 10:47 am
- Consumer behavior aggressively tracked this season Updated: Nov-29-13 10:23 pm
- Americans kick off 2-day holiday shopping marathon Updated: Nov-29-13 9:40 pm
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Expect more deals ahead Updated: Nov-29-13 6:36 pm
MOORHEAD, Minnesota - A Minnesota woman feared someone had lost their holiday shopping money when she found an envelope stuffed with $2,800 worth of crisp $100 bills in a McDonald's parking lot in Moorhead.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Police in Jersey City have arrested 17 people and issued nearly 150 motor vehicle summonses as part of an operation focusing on disruptive groups in holiday shopping areas, among other targets.
ROME - Pope Francis, in the heart of Rome's fanciest shopping district, prayed on Sunday that the poor are never forgotten.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County Sheriff Earl "Moose" Butler is leading his deputies and some volunteers for a shopping trip designed to give a little Christmas joy for those less fortunate.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Members of the Raleigh Police Department will be making the Christmas season a little brighter for a group of children.
It's a holiday season tradition that you don't want to observe. Many consumers spend more than they can afford, often racking up huge credit card balances.
NEW YORK - Costco Wholesale Corp. and Victoria's Secret parent L Brands Inc. were among a handful of retailers that posted weak sales in November on Thursday.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Women's clothing company Cato said Thursday that a key sales measurement was unchanged in November, and its CEO expects the rest of the holiday shopping season will be difficult.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy grew at a 3.6 percent annual rate from July through September, the fastest since early 2012. But nearly half the growth came from a buildup in business stockpiles, a trend that could reverse in the current quarter and hold back growth.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Henrico County police officers will play Santa Claus for about 65 children this weekend.
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday found that the U.S. economy held steady during the 16-day partial government shutdown, growing moderately in most regions from October through late November.
NEW YORK - Cyber Monday is still on top.
PLANO, Texas - J. C. Penney Co. says a key sales measure jumped 10.1 percent in November, helped by a strong start to the holiday shopping season.
BUFFALO, New York - Business owners in Buffalo's popular Elmwood Village shopping and entertainment district say the city is threatening to pull the plug on a holiday tradition.
NEW YORK - Power up and shop.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The temporary resolution of the budget stalemate in Washington, D.C., has made business leaders more optimistic in nine Midwest and Plains states, but only modest economic growth is expected in the near future.
NEW YORK - Retailers got Americans into stores during the start to the holiday shopping season. Now, they'll need to figure out how to get them to actually shop.
Thanksgiving Day is no longer all about turkey: It's eating away at Black Friday shopping.
ROMEOVILLE, Illinois - Bond has been set for two suburban Chicago shoplifting suspects, including one charged with attempted murder in the wounding of a police officer dragged by the getaway car.
Millions of Americans turned out as the holiday buying season started earlier this year on Thanksgiving Day. But there's still a lot of shopping left.
WASHINGTON - It's a big question for marketers: What kind of a buyer are you? And, as important, what are you willing to pay?
The holiday shopping season started as a marathon, not a sprint.
The holiday shopping season kicked off early, as several retailers began offering deals on Thanksgiving. Many people complained about the early start and the mad rush for deals - yet they went shopping anyway. Deals aren't over yet, as big retailers believe they must continue offering them to lure shoppers.